HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan hopes to be traded to Flyers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-25-2012, 02:31 PM
  #301
Fresh34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Yeah, Cory Perry really struggles on that crappy team. Oh wait, he's even on the same line.

The overrating for Ryan is insane.

Sure he's a good player, but he really isn't worth what people are offering for him. A 50 points winger, a solid 2# defenseman and a 1st rounder. Please..........
Ah, yes. Corey Perry and his one great year doesn't lead him to being overrated or anything.

I just don't think Coburn and Voracek's rights alone get you Ryan. Not to mention Anaheim really wants Couturier or Schenn and we can all agree those two are untouchable.

I also never said a 1st is what should be added to that package. A said a 1st is probably what gets you Ryan. A 2nd rounder instead might too. Either way, high draft picks are going to be involved in a trade.

Fresh34 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 02:34 PM
  #302
YuioIklo
Registered User
 
YuioIklo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,773
vCash: 500
Another made up rumor imo.

YuioIklo is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 02:55 PM
  #303
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,799
vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Read, Meszaros, and a 1st is the most I'd do.
Did you read that one on twitterverse? That's the latest one floating around. I'd be more than fine with that!

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 03:10 PM
  #304
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,980
vCash: 500
Screw that...

Quote:
Randy Miller via twitter: The Flyers would probably have to give up Brayden Schenn, Braydon Coburn and a 1st round pick for Bobby Ryan.

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 03:11 PM
  #305
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh34 View Post
Ah, yes. Corey Perry and his one great year doesn't lead him to being overrated or anything.
Perry scored 37 goals last season on that "horrible" team.

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 03:11 PM
  #306
facts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 885
vCash: 500
I am not sure what to believe now. I find it hard to believe that we couldnt get a deal done for Ryan with using JVR as a key piece from our part.
Then we trade JVR straight up for Schenn. Fine, not sure that Schenn shores up our D though?
if we deal Coburn as part of a deal for Ryan are we better off? does Schenn replace Cobie? No
And then we hear Read Mez and a 1st for Ryan? Get off it already If that is the deal that gets it done I will personally rent a motor home and deliver them to Ana myself.
We have removed Schenn from the deal by trading for the other one. There is no way we package them both up.
Coots is going nowhere and the draft next year is a good one so there is only a slight chance we we move our first.
My final offer for Ryan is Voracek, Cousins and Gustafson and I dont think they are taking it.

facts is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 03:12 PM
  #307
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Screw that...
Translation. "Trade isn't happening"

Alchemy is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 03:12 PM
  #308
orangecrush8
Registered User
 
orangecrush8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Screw that...
Ha, Anaheim is on crack. Next

orangecrush8 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 03:20 PM
  #309
Snotbubbles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Translation. "Trade isn't happening"
Holmgren: "What do you want for Bobby Ryan?"

Murray: "Paul, we want Bray[dialtone]" "Paul?" "Paul? Are you there?"

Snotbubbles is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 03:28 PM
  #310
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,888
vCash: 500
the absolute most i would offer anaheim in a trade for Ryan would be Voracek, Meszaros and a 1st. If they absolutely need Schenn, Couturier or Coburn, then i say "good luck finding someone to give you more than that for a guy who's essentially come out and told everyone that he wants to be a Flyer"

orange is better is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 03:34 PM
  #311
Gibbs18
Registered User
 
Gibbs18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Elmer, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
No that's awful.

Read, Meszaros, and a 1st is the most I'd do.
Thats the most I would do as well. If not try and go for Parise.

Gibbs18 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 03:35 PM
  #312
OriginJM
watch out im smart
 
OriginJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Randy Miller via twitter: The Flyers would probably have to give up Brayden Schenn, Braydon Coburn and a 1st round pick for Bobby Ryan.

OriginJM is online now  
Old
06-25-2012, 03:39 PM
  #313
paine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Yeah, Cory Perry really struggles on that crappy team. Oh wait, he's even on the same line.

The overrating for Ryan is insane.

Sure he's a good player, but he really isn't worth what people are offering for him. A 50 points winger, a solid 2# defenseman and a 1st rounder. Please..........
Bobby Ryan is far from overrated. He was 3rd in ESG and 4th in ESP two seasons ago. Last season he was 7th in ESG. Give him #1 PP time and he will consistently score 40+ goals.

And FYI, he often plays on a different line than Getzlaf.

paine is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 03:44 PM
  #314
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?
 
Four Boilermakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,938
vCash: 500
Now that JvR is gone, I don't know what we have to give up for Ryan. Anaheim seems to be in a weird phase where they aren't contending and aren't rebuilding. They signed Selanne and Koivu, but traded Visnovsky. They've got some top notch forwards, but are shallow on defense. If we could give up futures rather than roster players, I'd be much happier. But I'm not sure that's what Anaheim wants.

Four Boilermakers is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 03:51 PM
  #315
paine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Now that JvR is gone, I don't know what we have to give up for Ryan. Anaheim seems to be in a weird phase where they aren't contending and aren't rebuilding. They signed Selanne and Koivu, but traded Visnovsky. They've got some top notch forwards, but are shallow on defense. If we could give up futures rather than roster players, I'd be much happier. But I'm not sure that's what Anaheim wants.
The Ducks need a #2 center. Badly. And I don't see them trading Ryan without addressing their need.

paine is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 04:05 PM
  #316
Broad st phantom
Registered User
 
Broad st phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,411
vCash: 500
Ryan will be a Flyer one day, I don't know if it will be this season though with what they are supposedly asking.

Broad st phantom is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 04:09 PM
  #317
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Screw that...
Coburn >/= SImmonds
Schenn = Schenn
1st > 2nd

That's more than we got for Richards. Richards > Ryan. **** that.


Last edited by CS: 06-25-2012 at 04:15 PM.
CS is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 04:12 PM
  #318
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 20,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
the absolute most i would offer anaheim in a trade for Ryan would be Voracek, Meszaros and a 1st. If they absolutely need Schenn, Couturier or Coburn, then i say "good luck finding someone to give you more than that for a guy who's essentially come out and told everyone that he wants to be a Flyer"
This ! If one of those 3 are needed, no deal. We need Coburn on this team.

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 04:17 PM
  #319
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
The Ducks need a #2 center. Badly. And I don't see them trading Ryan without addressing their need.
Eh nevermind.

CS is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 04:19 PM
  #320
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Screw that...
That is the funniest ****ing thing I have heard all day.

mercury is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 04:25 PM
  #321
phillyflyerfan1992
@ahthorne
 
phillyflyerfan1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancover Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
So a top-5 'prospect' in the world, a top-4 defensemen who can play like a #2, and a 1st for Bobby Ryan?

Jesus.

I'd to 2 1sts, Read and Meszaros and honestly that's quite a lot.

Comparing it to the Carter trade:

8th overall >= 2 1sts
Voracek > Read
3rd << Meszaros

Maybe Voracek has to be involved. I really doubt Bobby Ryan comes to Philly this year. Let's wait 3 years for free agency.

phillyflyerfan1992 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 04:37 PM
  #322
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflyerfan1992 View Post
So a top-5 'prospect' in the world, a top-4 defensemen who can play like a #2, and a 1st for Bobby Ryan?

Jesus.

I'd to 2 1sts, Read and Meszaros and honestly that's quite a lot.
Yep, thats way too much. Read can play center too. He might not be a 2nd line center now, but he could become on in the next two to three years. 24 goal scorer, 47 point player. That pretty damn good production out of a rookie. Mez can be a 30-40 point producing 3-4 defenseman. I would give a 2nd rounder(I know people hate that, but the probabilities are low they even make an impact on the NHL)

Read, Mez, +2nd. People are going to say this is a bad offer, but it really isn't. They would be getting two players who can eclipse Ryans points, and fill two hole for one player. Anaheim needs a top 4 defender big time, especially with the trade of Lubo.

This deal of course would not occur until free agency I feel. We would need to see if we can get a defender who could possibly replace Mez(Schultz, Suter[longshot], or other).

Anything is possible, but if the Ducks keep up that ransom for him, it won't be done. It will even hurt more if Ryan demands a trade when him and urray talk about what was said over the weekend. They will get a package close to Richards and Carter, not a kings ransom.

Prongo is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 04:42 PM
  #323
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Yep, thats way too much. Read can play center too. He might not be a 2nd line center now, but he could become on in the next two to three years. 24 goal scorer, 47 point player. That pretty damn good production out of a rookie. Mez can be a 30-40 point producing 3-4 defenseman. I would give a 2nd rounder(I know people hate that, but the probabilities are low they even make an impact on the NHL)

Read, Mez, +2nd. People are going to say this is a bad offer, but it really isn't. They would be getting two players who can eclipse Ryans points, and fill two hole for one player. Anaheim needs a top 4 defender big time, especially with the trade of Lubo.

This deal of course would not occur until free agency I feel. We would need to see if we can get a defender who could possibly replace Mez(Schultz, Suter[longshot], or other).

Anything is possible, but if the Ducks keep up that ransom for him, it won't be done. It will even hurt more if Ryan demands a trade when him and urray talk about what was said over the weekend. They will get a package close to Richards and Carter, not a kings ransom.
Id even do the first if thats what it took. That is more than Fair.

As it stands our D would look like this without Mesz

Timonen - Coburn
Carle - Schenn
Grossman - Lilja / Gus / Bourdon

We could go the cheaper route via FA and sign Rosival. A cheap veteran stay at home dman with a right handed shot seems like a good fit here.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 04:47 PM
  #324
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
Id even do the first if thats what it took. That is more than Fair.

As it stands our D would look like this without Mesz

Timonen - Coburn
Carle - Schenn
Grossman - Lilja / Gus / Bourdon

We could go the cheaper route via FA and sign Rosival. A cheap veteran stay at home dman with a right handed shot seems like a good fit here.
I still don't rule us out of the Shultz sweepstakes. If we could convince him to come here and play along side of Kimmo and the great young core of players we have would be fantastic.

I wonder what Rosival would cost on the market?

EDIT: As I was typing this

https://twitter.com/UWChuckSchwartz/...73387155189760

Quote:
.@TSNBobMcKenzie just listed TOR, VAN, EDM, PHI, and NYR as top landing spots for Schultz on NHL Live. Same 5 favorites that I have listed.
I am very happy, but wont get too happy. Holmgren needs to convince the kid his place is here to win a cup

Prongo is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 04:49 PM
  #325
John Wayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
John Wayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I still don't rule us out of the Shultz sweepstakes. If we could convince him to come here and play along side of Kimmo and the great young core of players we have would be fantastic.

I wonder what Rosival would cost on the market?
Id love Schultz, I just know he is on everyones radar. Im gonna say due to age and bloated last contract 3.5 should be reasonable.

I'd also like to land Clemmensen and Halpern if we move Read and Mesz for Ryan. I think wed have a pretty awesome lineup.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.