HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan hopes to be traded to Flyers

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Fresh34

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Yeah, Cory Perry really struggles on that crappy team. Oh wait, he's even on the same line.

The overrating for Ryan is insane.

Sure he's a good player, but he really isn't worth what people are offering for him. A 50 points winger, a solid 2# defenseman and a 1st rounder. Please..........
Ah, yes. Corey Perry and his one great year doesn't lead him to being overrated or anything.

I just don't think Coburn and Voracek's rights alone get you Ryan. Not to mention Anaheim really wants Couturier or Schenn and we can all agree those two are untouchable.

I also never said a 1st is what should be added to that package. A said a 1st is probably what gets you Ryan. A 2nd rounder instead might too. Either way, high draft picks are going to be involved in a trade.

Old
06-25-2012, 02:34 PM
YuioIklo

Another made up rumor imo.

Old
06-25-2012, 02:55 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Read, Meszaros, and a 1st is the most I'd do.
Did you read that one on twitterverse? That's the latest one floating around. I'd be more than fine with that!

Old
06-25-2012, 03:10 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Screw that...

Quote:
Randy Miller via twitter: The Flyers would probably have to give up Brayden Schenn, Braydon Coburn and a 1st round pick for Bobby Ryan.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh34 View Post
Ah, yes. Corey Perry and his one great year doesn't lead him to being overrated or anything.
Perry scored 37 goals last season on that "horrible" team.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:11 PM
facts

I am not sure what to believe now. I find it hard to believe that we couldnt get a deal done for Ryan with using JVR as a key piece from our part.
Then we trade JVR straight up for Schenn. Fine, not sure that Schenn shores up our D though?
if we deal Coburn as part of a deal for Ryan are we better off? does Schenn replace Cobie? No
And then we hear Read Mez and a 1st for Ryan? Get off it already If that is the deal that gets it done I will personally rent a motor home and deliver them to Ana myself.
We have removed Schenn from the deal by trading for the other one. There is no way we package them both up.
Coots is going nowhere and the draft next year is a good one so there is only a slight chance we we move our first.
My final offer for Ryan is Voracek, Cousins and Gustafson and I dont think they are taking it.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Screw that...
Translation. "Trade isn't happening"

Old
06-25-2012, 03:12 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Screw that...
Ha, Anaheim is on crack. Next

Old
06-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Translation. "Trade isn't happening"
Holmgren: "What do you want for Bobby Ryan?"

Murray: "Paul, we want Bray[dialtone]" "Paul?" "Paul? Are you there?"

Old
06-25-2012, 03:28 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

the absolute most i would offer anaheim in a trade for Ryan would be Voracek, Meszaros and a 1st. If they absolutely need Schenn, Couturier or Coburn, then i say "good luck finding someone to give you more than that for a guy who's essentially come out and told everyone that he wants to be a Flyer"

Old
06-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Gibbs18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
No that's awful.

Read, Meszaros, and a 1st is the most I'd do.
Thats the most I would do as well. If not try and go for Parise.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:35 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Randy Miller via twitter: The Flyers would probably have to give up Brayden Schenn, Braydon Coburn and a 1st round pick for Bobby Ryan.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:39 PM
paine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Yeah, Cory Perry really struggles on that crappy team. Oh wait, he's even on the same line.

The overrating for Ryan is insane.

Sure he's a good player, but he really isn't worth what people are offering for him. A 50 points winger, a solid 2# defenseman and a 1st rounder. Please..........
Bobby Ryan is far from overrated. He was 3rd in ESG and 4th in ESP two seasons ago. Last season he was 7th in ESG. Give him #1 PP time and he will consistently score 40+ goals.

And FYI, he often plays on a different line than Getzlaf.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

Now that JvR is gone, I don't know what we have to give up for Ryan. Anaheim seems to be in a weird phase where they aren't contending and aren't rebuilding. They signed Selanne and Koivu, but traded Visnovsky. They've got some top notch forwards, but are shallow on defense. If we could give up futures rather than roster players, I'd be much happier. But I'm not sure that's what Anaheim wants.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:51 PM
paine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Now that JvR is gone, I don't know what we have to give up for Ryan. Anaheim seems to be in a weird phase where they aren't contending and aren't rebuilding. They signed Selanne and Koivu, but traded Visnovsky. They've got some top notch forwards, but are shallow on defense. If we could give up futures rather than roster players, I'd be much happier. But I'm not sure that's what Anaheim wants.
The Ducks need a #2 center. Badly. And I don't see them trading Ryan without addressing their need.

Old
06-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Broad st phantom

Ryan will be a Flyer one day, I don't know if it will be this season though with what they are supposedly asking.

Old
06-25-2012, 04:09 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Screw that...
Coburn >/= SImmonds
Schenn = Schenn
1st > 2nd

That's more than we got for Richards. Richards > Ryan. **** that.

Last edited by CS: 06-25-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old
06-25-2012, 04:12 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
the absolute most i would offer anaheim in a trade for Ryan would be Voracek, Meszaros and a 1st. If they absolutely need Schenn, Couturier or Coburn, then i say "good luck finding someone to give you more than that for a guy who's essentially come out and told everyone that he wants to be a Flyer"
This ! If one of those 3 are needed, no deal. We need Coburn on this team.

Old
06-25-2012, 04:17 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
The Ducks need a #2 center. Badly. And I don't see them trading Ryan without addressing their need.
Eh nevermind.

Old
06-25-2012, 04:19 PM
mercury

Quote:
Screw that...
That is the funniest ****ing thing I have heard all day.

Old
06-25-2012, 04:25 PM
phillyflyerfan1992
@ahthorne

So a top-5 'prospect' in the world, a top-4 defensemen who can play like a #2, and a 1st for Bobby Ryan?

Jesus.

I'd to 2 1sts, Read and Meszaros and honestly that's quite a lot.

Comparing it to the Carter trade:

8th overall >= 2 1sts
Voracek > Read
3rd << Meszaros

Maybe Voracek has to be involved. I really doubt Bobby Ryan comes to Philly this year. Let's wait 3 years for free agency.

Old
06-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflyerfan1992 View Post
So a top-5 'prospect' in the world, a top-4 defensemen who can play like a #2, and a 1st for Bobby Ryan?

Jesus.

I'd to 2 1sts, Read and Meszaros and honestly that's quite a lot.
Yep, thats way too much. Read can play center too. He might not be a 2nd line center now, but he could become on in the next two to three years. 24 goal scorer, 47 point player. That pretty damn good production out of a rookie. Mez can be a 30-40 point producing 3-4 defenseman. I would give a 2nd rounder(I know people hate that, but the probabilities are low they even make an impact on the NHL)

Read, Mez, +2nd. People are going to say this is a bad offer, but it really isn't. They would be getting two players who can eclipse Ryans points, and fill two hole for one player. Anaheim needs a top 4 defender big time, especially with the trade of Lubo.

This deal of course would not occur until free agency I feel. We would need to see if we can get a defender who could possibly replace Mez(Schultz, Suter[longshot], or other).

Anything is possible, but if the Ducks keep up that ransom for him, it won't be done. It will even hurt more if Ryan demands a trade when him and urray talk about what was said over the weekend. They will get a package close to Richards and Carter, not a kings ransom.

Old
06-25-2012, 04:42 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Yep, thats way too much. Read can play center too. He might not be a 2nd line center now, but he could become on in the next two to three years. 24 goal scorer, 47 point player. That pretty damn good production out of a rookie. Mez can be a 30-40 point producing 3-4 defenseman. I would give a 2nd rounder(I know people hate that, but the probabilities are low they even make an impact on the NHL)

Read, Mez, +2nd. People are going to say this is a bad offer, but it really isn't. They would be getting two players who can eclipse Ryans points, and fill two hole for one player. Anaheim needs a top 4 defender big time, especially with the trade of Lubo.

This deal of course would not occur until free agency I feel. We would need to see if we can get a defender who could possibly replace Mez(Schultz, Suter[longshot], or other).

Anything is possible, but if the Ducks keep up that ransom for him, it won't be done. It will even hurt more if Ryan demands a trade when him and urray talk about what was said over the weekend. They will get a package close to Richards and Carter, not a kings ransom.
Id even do the first if thats what it took. That is more than Fair.

As it stands our D would look like this without Mesz

Timonen - Coburn
Carle - Schenn
Grossman - Lilja / Gus / Bourdon

We could go the cheaper route via FA and sign Rosival. A cheap veteran stay at home dman with a right handed shot seems like a good fit here.

Old
06-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
Id even do the first if thats what it took. That is more than Fair.

As it stands our D would look like this without Mesz

Timonen - Coburn
Carle - Schenn
Grossman - Lilja / Gus / Bourdon

We could go the cheaper route via FA and sign Rosival. A cheap veteran stay at home dman with a right handed shot seems like a good fit here.
I still don't rule us out of the Shultz sweepstakes. If we could convince him to come here and play along side of Kimmo and the great young core of players we have would be fantastic.

I wonder what Rosival would cost on the market?

EDIT: As I was typing this

https://twitter.com/UWChuckSchwartz/...73387155189760

Quote:
.@TSNBobMcKenzie just listed TOR, VAN, EDM, PHI, and NYR as top landing spots for Schultz on NHL Live. Same 5 favorites that I have listed.
I am very happy, but wont get too happy. Holmgren needs to convince the kid his place is here to win a cup

Old
06-25-2012, 04:49 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I still don't rule us out of the Shultz sweepstakes. If we could convince him to come here and play along side of Kimmo and the great young core of players we have would be fantastic.

I wonder what Rosival would cost on the market?
Id love Schultz, I just know he is on everyones radar. Im gonna say due to age and bloated last contract 3.5 should be reasonable.

I'd also like to land Clemmensen and Halpern if we move Read and Mesz for Ryan. I think wed have a pretty awesome lineup.

Closed Thread