HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Discussion for all prospects including Adirondack Phantoms (AHL)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2012, 02:02 PM
  #151
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,087
vCash: 500
Not arguing his deficiencies. Just thought they would give him a mention at least.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 02:04 PM
  #152
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Not arguing his deficiencies. Just thought they would give him a mention at least.
But he mentions some equally problematic and less potential prospects in there. Oliver Lauridsen? Mangene, Konan, and Heeter? Mathers and Johnston? Hell, he mentions Kessel at the very end.

CS is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 03:11 PM
  #153
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
jd2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Pretty good read on the Flyers prospects. Chris Pryor gave his opinion also on all of the prospects in the article.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...ws|text|Sports
Thanks for the link. I always appreciate hearing from the team and not just the writers opinion. I wonder if this will put to the rest the plans for the Phantoms tending this upcoming season. One can always hope. I wonder if Akeson is the new Matsumoto in the teams eyes.

I like what was said about Mangene. Intense players are always a favorite of mine.

jd2210 is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 10:46 AM
  #154
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
Akesons 2 way game has a long way to go before he sees nhl time, that and there's really no top 6 spots available for the future where'd he have to play because his defense is subpar. I think he's got great vision and hockey sense though
I'm not as high on Akeson as most, but if Mathers is worth a mention then Akeson should be as well. The fact that he tries to tell us Mathers can play and believed Klotz could play makes me think Pryor just isn't very good at his job. Now we hear they like Wilson.

Haute Couturier is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 03:34 PM
  #155
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28
 
Giroux 4 MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
I'm not as high on Akeson as most, but if Mathers is worth a mention then Akeson should be as well. The fact that he tries to tell us Mathers can play and believed Klotz could play makes me think Pryor just isn't very good at his job. Now we hear they like Wilson.
Mathers gets a mention cause he young and gigantic, he could get better as well, he really isn't as bad as people are making him out to be, and to me akeson is another briere but not as crafty

Giroux 4 MVP is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 03:44 PM
  #156
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
Mathers gets a mention cause he young and gigantic, he could get better as well, he really isn't as bad as people are making him out to be, and to me akeson is another briere but not as crafty
If Akeson is another Briere (which he's not) that's not worth a mention?

Look I'm not saying this kid's going to be a star (or even make it as a top 6 forward), but he led the Phantoms in points as a rookie. He should have at least got a mention considering some of the other guys that got profiled. But I guess that's how overlooked he is.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 03:47 PM
  #157
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28
 
Giroux 4 MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
If Akeson is another Briere (which he's not) that's not worth a mention?

Look I'm not saying this kid's going to be a star (or even make it as a top 6 forward), but he led the Phantoms in points as a rookie. He should have at least got a mention considering some of the other guys that got profiled. But I guess that's how overlooked he is.
Hey have you seen him play? I have 8 times this year, and trust me he's almost a carbon copy just not as good and worse defensively so before you act like you know all calm down

Giroux 4 MVP is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 04:34 PM
  #158
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
Mathers gets a mention cause he young and gigantic, he could get better as well, he really isn't as bad as people are making him out to be, and to me akeson is another briere but not as crafty
He is every bit as bad as people are making him out to be.

Haute Couturier is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 04:45 PM
  #159
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
jd2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
Mathers gets a mention cause he young and gigantic, he could get better as well, he really isn't as bad as people are making him out to be, and to me akeson is another briere but not as crafty
IMHO in the 15 or so games I got to watch Mather this past season I was very unimpressed. He is a pair of fists on skates. He isn't a horrible skater at the junior level but he will look very out of place in higher leagues. He is basically Tony Twist 2.0 but at a time when enforcers don't matter anymore. Even guys like Shelly could somewhat score in junior and this guy can't at all. I think the plan with him is AHL enforcer but I could be wrong. For the record, I think he'll be a fan favorite in the AHL al la Franky the Animal, but he just isn't NHL caliber from what I've observed.

jd2210 is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 07:53 PM
  #160
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
Hey have you seen him play? I have 8 times this year, and trust me he's almost a carbon copy just not as good and worse defensively so before you act like you know all calm down
If you say so.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 09:10 PM
  #161
tuckrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,547
vCash: 500
Akeson reminds me of read, ive seen him play live about 5+ times, and ive seen a good bit via stream as well.

Hes no where near ready for tbe NHL, but hes a lot better than some of the bums on that list imo.

tuckrr is online now  
Old
06-19-2012, 09:28 PM
  #162
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,536
vCash: 500
Craig Button and Pierre McGuire mock drafted the 1st round on TSN. They had Finn go 16, Grigorenko go 17, Koekkoek go 18, Bystrom go 19....and also had us taking Tom Wilson at 20

I'm very interested in Wilson...I just don't want to take him at 20. I wouldn't consider him BPA there, and I'd 100% prefer a defenseman. I hope the organization isn't even considering him

sobrien is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 11:04 PM
  #163
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
IMHO in the 15 or so games I got to watch Mather this past season I was very unimpressed. He is a pair of fists on skates. He isn't a horrible skater at the junior level but he will look very out of place in higher leagues. He is basically Tony Twist 2.0 but at a time when enforcers don't matter anymore. Even guys like Shelly could somewhat score in junior and this guy can't at all. I think the plan with him is AHL enforcer but I could be wrong. For the record, I think he'll be a fan favorite in the AHL al la Franky the Animal, but he just isn't NHL caliber from what I've observed.


Frankie did have a shot with the leafs when Domi was hurt I believe but he had a bad wheel and that blew his shot with the big club. Even when he played here it was on one wheel. I would not mind Wilson at 20 ONLY if we address our "D" before we pick. I am hoping for some kind of deal!

Well it was not Domi.

Hockeypete49 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 09:49 AM
  #164
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
jd2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,520
vCash: 500
I think I posted this elsewhere but I read on twitter that all of the RFAs were qualified except for Testwuide and Rowe.

jd2210 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:30 PM
  #165
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,699
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I think I posted this elsewhere but I read on twitter that all of the RFAs were qualified except for Testwuide and Rowe.
and I will think all will accept with the exception of Voracek.

GoneFullHextall is online now  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:35 PM
  #166
DeflatedFootball7
Registered User
 
DeflatedFootball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Belleville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
and I will think all will accept with the exception of Voracek.
Why?

DeflatedFootball7 is online now  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:41 PM
  #167
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Why?
Because he is clearly going to make more than 2.2 million this coming season.

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:43 PM
  #168
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,328
vCash: 500
Ranford wasnt redrafted so he most likely will get an ahl deal with the flyers. Homer said he didnt want to commit to jree years but if ranford was not drafted again he would try to get him and ahl deal

sa cyred is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 11:10 PM
  #169
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
jd2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Ranford wasnt redrafted so he most likely will get an ahl deal with the flyers. Homer said he didnt want to commit to jree years but if ranford was not drafted again he would try to get him and ahl deal
That would be ideal. It wouldn't cost a NHL contract, and if he can adapt to the pro game and earns a better deal, he's in the Flyer system.

jd2210 is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 12:26 AM
  #170
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Ranford wasnt redrafted so he most likely will get an ahl deal with the flyers. Homer said he didnt want to commit to jree years but if ranford was not drafted again he would try to get him and ahl deal
Is that how it works? If so, that's excellent.

sobrien is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:25 AM
  #171
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,699
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Because he is clearly going to make more than 2.2 million this coming season.
im thinking around 3.5-3.75 3-4 years. I doubt he signs another 1 year deal.

GoneFullHextall is online now  
Old
06-25-2012, 05:32 PM
  #172
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,436
vCash: 500
Is Cousins going back to juniors or to the AHL for the 2012-13 season? He'll be turning 19 next month.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 05:42 PM
  #173
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Is Cousins going back to juniors or to the AHL for the 2012-13 season? He'll be turning 19 next month.
Juniors. He's not AHL eligible for another year.

Haute Couturier is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 05:44 PM
  #174
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Is Cousins going back to juniors or to the AHL for the 2012-13 season? He'll be turning 19 next month.
Juniors for atleast one more season.

On another note, Flyers have invited Christopher Clapperton to the prospect camp.

I full list hasnt been posted yet and probably wont till a few days (or day) before camp starts.

sa cyred is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 08:12 PM
  #175
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Juniors for atleast one more season.

On another note, Flyers have invited Christopher Clapperton to the prospect camp.

I full list hasnt been posted yet and probably wont till a few days (or day) before camp starts.
When is the prospect camp this year? Should be soon right?

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.