HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

DL on NHL Live

Old
06-25-2012, 04:02 PM
palffytofrovlov

vCash: 500
DL on NHL Live

Dean will be on today... just heard them mention it.... lets see what he has to say, after the draft and before FA...

palffytofrovlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:06 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by palffytofrovlov View Post
Dean will be on today... just heard them mention it.... lets see what he has to say, after the draft and before FA...
Was just gonna post this, he was suppose to be on last week, but wasn't.

EDIT: Will be on after the commercial break.

Last edited by KopitarFAN: 06-25-2012 at 05:34 PM.
KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:05 PM
deeshamrock

Good Interview. I'm glad to see that they have already started contract talks with Quick. Like that when they about contract length DL said 25 years. I didn't get that same 'warm and fuzzy' when he talke about meeting with Penner. I got the sense that Penner won't be back. And I think DL will be active July 1

I think it's good that he and Sutter met to talk about the team and next year and they feel that it's important that every player had room to improve, and Sutter is the perfect coach for that, it's how he played and you can see by how he motivates thi team, he'll keep them hungry. He is right about true champions , who've won more than once, never being satisfied, always looking to improve their game This team has quite a few leaders in the room that live by that creed and that might be one reason they all felt such camaraderie.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:15 PM
rajuabju

Liked the interview. DL always provides some good insight.

I agree it seems like Penner wont be back. Maybe if he's willing to take a substantial paycut, but otherwise, dont see it, DL wasnt quite enthusiastic about it.

After winning the cup, being able to bring back every player but 1 is going to be pretty incredible.

July 1 will be interesting. I dont see us getting Parise. I also dont see us doing much... what can we do, unless its a big trade but that seems doubtful.

Loktionov seems to be the odd man out... Stoll back for 3 years means no room for Lokti. I see moving him for a pick, and letting Richardson be our bench warmer / injury insertion.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post

I agree it seems like Penner wont be back. Maybe if he's willing to take a substantial paycut, but otherwise, dont see it, DL wasnt quite enthusiastic about it.

After winning the cup, being able to bring back every player but 1 is going to be pretty incredible.

July 1 will be interesting. I dont see us getting Parise. I also dont see us doing much... what can we do, unless its a big trade but that seems doubtful.

Loktionov seems to be the odd man out... Stoll back for 3 years means no room for Lokti. I see moving him for a pick, and letting Richardson be our bench warmer / injury insertion.
And it is even better when it is the team's choice. No cap issues for a Stanley Cup championship team.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:51 PM
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post

He seemed really on the fence when asked. I think a lot has to do with his wrist, and if he think he'll be getting the playoff Penner or the regular season Penner. I think he used the words "gut call".

kingsfan28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Dean was much quieter on draft day than I expected.

As far as Penner, it's easy to imagine there could be resentment about how he played for over a year, prior to May. And it's easy to imagine he could slip into the same bad habits.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Dean was much quieter on draft day than I expected.

As far as Penner, it's easy to imagine there could be resentment about how he played for over a year, prior to May. And it's easy to imagine he could slip into the same bad habits.
Actually, I would give him credit from March on...ever since he was benched by Sutter for three to four games, he took it to another level.

There were a lot of things going on in his life...I would hope the team can give him a little bend there. He talked of "redemption" on the CSN after the Cup clinching game, one of the few times I had ever seen him in a serious mood.

The fact that he is meeting with both DL and Sutter before July 1 may be telling.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:19 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
He seemed really on the fence when asked. I think a lot has to do with his wrist, and if he think he'll be getting the playoff Penner or the regular season Penner. I think he used the words "gut call".
I think that was a hard question to answer without tipping his hand. He did a good job trying to be generic about it. Maybe he would rather have Gagne on 2nd and King on 3rd line. Where does that leave Penner? What if one of the kids from Manchester makes an impact? He's got a lot to think about.

And what if Parise accepts an offer from the Kings? I think the Pens will make a good offer and the idea of Parise playing with Sid is kinda scary.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
YEP ... reading between the lines ... if my gut tells me we can sign Zach Parise we tell Penner take or leave our lowball offer, if my gut tells me we can't sign Parise then I see where Penner's surgey recovery is and how commited he is to working himself into the best shape of his life during the offseason, if I like my gut feeling he's coming back at a discount, if I don't like my gut he walks away ... and then I get that sick feeling in my gut we sign some 2nd rate scrub to try and replace Penner when we miss out on both Parise and Penner, oh opps

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:16 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Best Line:

"With the Midget in the Cup, I think we're in enough trouble" (on responding to his earlier assertion the Kings have a 25 yr offer on the table to Quick)

2nd Best:

"I think the strategy was to turn the 5 or 6 days after the win into a frat party"

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
YEP ... reading between the lines ... if my gut tells me we can sign Zach Parise we tell Penner take or leave our lowball offer, if my gut tells me we can't sign Parise then I see where Penner's surgey recovery is and how commited he is to working himself into the best shape of his life during the offseason, if I like my gut feeling he's coming back at a discount, if I don't like my gut he walks away ... and then I get that sick feeling in my gut we sign some 2nd rate scrub to try and replace Penner when we miss out on both Parise and Penner, oh opps
It's alright...we'll just have Brown, Gagne, King and Clifford on the left side with maybe some Pearson or a Black Ace.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:02 PM
AKAY47
Philly West Fan

No links? Usually Kings Vision posts the NHL Live videos online

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:05 PM
johnjm22

I think DL sees Penner as plan B.

I'm guessing Lombardi inquires about a big fish like Parise/Nash/Ryan/Iginla first, and in the highly likely event he's unable to land one of them, he'll go back to Penner or possibly a guy like Huselius...maybe Whitney.

johnjm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:53 PM
funky

Even with out Penner a second line of ex Flyers Richards-Carter-Gagne looks real good. If they need a game or two with a big body on the line King can step up for short periods.

Gagne had chemistry with these guys before, either way with Penner out for a while with surgery, it gives DL a little more time to see if there may be a better fit. Either way Quick is gonna get paid and in 2 years Brown will need to get paid. Unless we do a Bernier, Loktionov, pick for Iginla and his 1 year contract I wouldnt overspend if we want to keep Brown in the fold long term

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
My only fear going into the season depending on Gagne on line two is if he gets hurt, we'll have to trade valuable assets for a winger. Again. I would experiment with Gagne as LW #3 and King on RW #3 going into the season and see what happens. Then if he gets injured, push Lewis back up to RW #3 and roll with the playoff lines.

That means Penner should either be kept or somebody should be brought in. Whitney would be a good option on a one year chase the Cup type deal, and that keeps us from getting so committed to a big fish that our cap situation could get screwed up by a new CBA and rollbacks.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:21 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Check the thread....

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 02:06 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Dang NHL Live screwed up on our draft picks and added an extra person on the graphic. I was so confused on how I completely missed a pick...lol

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 03:36 AM
clankfu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocent...ed-share-video

clankfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Inner Turbulence

Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
I found it interesting that he referred to Andy Andreoff as "probably one of our top prospects". He's not a particularly high profile prospect in the Kings system.

Or maybe his definition is "one of our top prospects" has a lot broader meaning than mine.

Inner Turbulence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Turbulence View Post
I found it interesting that he referred to Andy Andreoff as "probably one of our top prospects". He's not a particularly high profile prospect in the Kings system.

Or maybe his definition is "one of our top prospects" has a lot broader meaning than mine.
Our Canadian posters speak very highly of him, especially TG.

I like what I've seen, but that is just youtube ****

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote