HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Championship Memorabilia

Old
06-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Shootmaster_44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
bunnyhug - lol
It is even in the dictionary in Canada.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 04:24 PM
RyWill09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
It is even in the dictionary in Canada.

Haha, nice find. I don't think I will be calling them that anytime soon...not without laughing anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
Have you tried emailing or calling the store? I'm not sure all stores will do this, but some when they have an online component will pull something off the rack and send it through their shipping people. It is worth a shot.

I do have a feeling that player specific merchandise is low run though. I realize Jonathan Quick is not likely to be traded anytime soon, but I think retailers try to stick to generic stuff in high quantities due to the uncertainty of being able to sell off all the player specific things. Look at the Canucks for example, who'd have thought prior to the playoff that Roberto Luongo would likely be traded before next season? Suddenly, everyone with Luongo merchandise is clearing it out. The local sports store here in Lloydminster has any Luongo merchandise (or customizing of a jersey with Luongo for some reason) at 20% off. I saw signs of the official Canucks store selling off their Luongo stuff at 40% off I believe.

In looking at your pic of it, it appears the only thing that makes it a "Quick" bunnyhug (yes I am from Saskatchewan and that is the name for it lol) is the 32 on the front. I'm not sure if these things still exist everywhere, but for a time it seemed like any mall would have a custom t-shirt shop. I'm sure you could get them to add the 32 to your bunnyhug.
Thanks I will do that! But there is also a SCF patch/sticker on the arm as well. I guess I could buy a patch and have it sewn on... but that is a lot of work. Hopefully the Team LA store will have good news for me!

Last edited by RyWill09: 06-23-2012 at 04:30 PM.
RyWill09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Nose of Sutter

Anyone know if a DVD of Bob and Jim calling game 6 is coming out?

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:45 PM
cyclones22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
Anyone know if a DVD of Bob and Jim calling game 6 is coming out?
Bob has mentioned it a few times that the Kings were setting something up for later in the Summer. I think it's a foregone conclusion. When we get it is anybody's guess.

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:28 PM
christhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by christhn View Post
So I ordered two white jerseys with the Stanley Cup Finals patch from Shop NHL. One was supposed to be blank and one was customized with Quick for a friend.

The customized one didn't have the patch on it and the blank one had the patch on the chest instead of on the shoulder It looks like a cheap knockoff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Really no excuse for not getting it right. The NHL should be providing explicit instructions for what goes where on a jersey to the people that make them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
That is one of the reasons I worry about ever ordering jerseys online. I'd much prefer to go to a physical store where I can walk in and eyeball what I'm purchasing, especially if I'm plunking down over $100 on a piece of fabric.

So I finally got around to posting the pictures. The black jersey is from Team LA with the patch in the right place. The white one is from Shop NHL.

christhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Shellz

Does anybody know what stores sell kings stuff? I know Sports authority.. but any place else?

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:48 PM
rag2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Does anybody know what stores sell kings stuff? I know Sports authority.. but any place else?
i've found stuff at sport chalet, big 5, dick's and even macy's

rag2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Cup 4 the Kings
It only took 45 yrs!

FYI Dick's has all King's Western Conference Champions at 50% off. Waiting it out til they have Stanley Cup Champion gear on sale

Cup 4 the Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:17 PM
jml87

I really want to get a Quick jersey, but I have no money (partially because I spent it on a ticket to game 5 in Jersey, which turned out to be a bad idea). I want the genuine thing so I guess I should just wait. They'll still have the SCF patch later in the summer, right?

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
I really want to get a Quick jersey, but I have no money (partially because I spent it on a ticket to game 5 in Jersey, which turned out to be a bad idea). I want the genuine thing so I guess I should just wait. They'll still have the SCF patch later in the summer, right?
Why not buy the PATCH now, to be safe, and then buy the Authentic Jersey and have the patch put on when you have more cash ? too logical ? I know

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:55 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Why not buy the PATCH now, to be safe, and then buy the Authentic Jersey and have the patch put on when you have more cash ? too logical ? I know
Oh yeah, I didn't think of that. My brain does not think of such easy things. It only thinks of complicated, expensive things, which is why I have no money

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:56 PM
LAsusan
Dry Island

Quote:
Get out of here with these sensible ideas of yours! Poison!

This is why you don't work in marketing.

LAsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:06 AM
cyclones22

Quote:
That's exactly what I'm gonna do!

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:56 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Amazon.com has listed Crowning Glory as out of stock at this moment...but I ordered two copies on the 16th (the second for a Kings fan at the corps)... I just hope I get them soon...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

I saw a bunch of copies of Crowning Glory at Walmart yesterday. But you live in Vegas, so I don't know if they're available in stores there.

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:13 PM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by christhn View Post
So I finally got around to posting the pictures. The black jersey is from Team LA with the patch in the right place. The white one is from Shop NHL.

*img*

Wow that's pretty bad. I took note of where it's supposed to go because I bought the patch separately from my jersey and I wanted to make sure it goes in the right place. The seam should cut through the patch right at the corner of the lip of the the cup. All the TeamLA jerseys had it this way. The NHL jersey is just wrong. See below:

KingsKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:30 PM
christhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
Wow that's pretty bad. I took note of where it's supposed to go because I bought the patch separately from my jersey and I wanted to make sure it goes in the right place. The seam should cut through the patch right at the corner of the lip of the the cup. All the TeamLA jerseys had it this way. The NHL jersey is just wrong. See below:

You can see it even better at the 10:04 mark in the video below. They zoom right up on the logo:
http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocent...sole?id=180679

I called Shop NHL today to request a free return label and a refund of my shipping cost. For what it's worth, even the representative I spoke with agreed that there's no excuse for having the patch in the wrong place. He said he would send an e-mail to 3 of his supervisors to prevent this from happening again going forward.

christhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

Ducks fan coming in peace..

Of all the places to have Stanley Cup stuff, I saw some at Bed, bath & beyond. No jerseys but they had plaques and stuff, limited edition goodies.

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag2120 View Post
i've found stuff at sport chalet, big 5, dick's and even macy's
Thanks! I will be in the buena park/fullerton area soon and wanted to know places I could go. I found a place called sports treasures and they have a hat I was looking for.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindad View Post

Of all the places to have Stanley Cup stuff, I saw some at Bed, bath & beyond. No jerseys but they had plaques and stuff, limited edition goodies.
I got a kings tervis from there. Which is a cup that keeps your drink hot or cold. It was like 25 bucks but its hard to pass up anything kings related (not that you would care, haha)

Old
06-25-2012, 08:59 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
I saw a bunch of copies of Crowning Glory at Walmart yesterday. But you live in Vegas, so I don't know if they're available in stores there.
I found an update to the order... It should be shipped some time between Wednesday and Saturday...

I'll also know when my card is charged on this... Usually it's the day before it's shipped...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:39 PM
ShattStar03

[/QUOTE]

Wow, they totally ****ed the white one up. If I were you I would resend the jersey back to the NHL Shop and tell them that the patch is positioned wrong and see if you can get your money back or get a corrected jersey.

I bought a jersey and the patch separately and ironed on the patch (after watching hundreds of photos on where to put it).

It kept coming off, so I took my jersey to the cleaners and they sewed it on. It looks awesome.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:56 AM
Belanger25
The Iceman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindad View Post

Now that's random. I thought Kohl's and Sam's Club was odd but Bed, Bath and Beyond may take the cake.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 02:24 AM
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
Just ordered one of the cheap screen print stanley cup jerseys off the team la website with the 40% off coupon. (thanks)
Has anyone else ordered one of these? Just kinda curious on the quality of the jersey itself.

Malakian#13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 02:38 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Cover for the DVD/Blu-Ray is out.

http://teamlastore.com/content/los-a...-champions-dvd
Quote:
Own the most watched NHL event of the year!

After a season of injuries, fatigue, playoff positioning and a postseason full of drama, there can only be one team left standing. you can see the herosim on full display during the NHL playoffs and celebrate the championship season. NHL Stanley Cup Champions 2012 features highlights, exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes action.

Run Time - Approx. 90 minutes

*This product will ship after July 24th, 2012. Any other products ordered with this item will be shipped as soon as possible.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote