HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Gets a Qualifying Offer??? (UPDATE: 8 qualified Post #32)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-25-2012, 02:34 PM
  #51
KrisBeKreame
Registered User
 
KrisBeKreame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
It's pretty sad that I know this but...

Backman is MM's wifes brother.
Quick is MM's wifes sisters husband.

Backman is one of three kids. His two sisters married Quick and Moulson respectivly.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:22 PM
  #52
Brunomics
Registered User
 
Brunomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: North Korea
Posts: 6,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Backman is one of three kids. His two sisters married Quick and Moulson respectivly.
Man family events must have to suck for Sean Backman. He's like the red headed stepchild of the family.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:24 PM
  #53
Bunk Moreland
Registered User
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,852
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
Man family events must have to suck for Sean Backman. He's like the red headed stepchild of the family.
Kind of like Jared Staal.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 03:25 PM
  #54
PWJunior
That's what we do.
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
Man family events must have to suck for Sean Backman. He's like the red headed stepchild of the family.
Haha, that's pretty funny. Quick has all the bragging rights now with a Cup and Conn Smythe.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:10 PM
  #55
Isles Enforcer
Registered User
 
Isles Enforcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Backman is one of three kids. His two sisters married Quick and Moulson respectivly.
Umm four, theres a Brett Backman as well. Two boys and two girls. I believe he's still playing hockey for Greenwich (HS) as well as Matt's brother Chris who also is playing hockey for Cornell.

So in retrospect

Matt Moulson
Chris Moulson

Sean Backman
Brett Backman
Aliciea Backman Moulson
Jaclyn Backman Quick

got it?

Isles Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:48 PM
  #56
Strome18
Registered User
 
Strome18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
Umm four, theres a Brett Backman as well. Two boys and two girls. I believe he's still playing hockey for Greenwich (HS) as well as Matt's brother Chris who also is playing hockey for Cornell.

So in retrospect

Matt Moulson
Chris Moulson

Sean Backman
Brett Backman
Aliciea Backman Moulson
Jaclyn Backman Quick

got it?
TEST and a POLL tomorrow..

Strome18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 02:41 AM
  #57
PhysicalGraffiti
In Garth I Trust
 
PhysicalGraffiti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,258
vCash: 500
So they gave DiBo a QO even though he's leaving for Europe? Same with Rhett? To keep their rights when they return I guess?

Kinda sucks to see Romano gone. I realize he was a career AHLer it seems, but he (as someone else pointed out) put up some decent numbers during last year, and I like seeing a guy from the area of a team get a chance to play for that team. Seems like that would be really cool. Maybe he still ends up back here?

Glad Martin and Koskinen got theirs. Hope Mikko can make his way to the states this season, and Martin needs a long term deal.

I'll be another guy who doesn't want to see Haley go, but it seems that is the way it's looking.


Last edited by PhysicalGraffiti: 06-26-2012 at 02:47 AM.
PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 03:06 AM
  #58
ettlinger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
I don't know that Alexandrov needs to be qualified...he was qualified before going to Europe. Does he need a new offer every year?
Yeah, I don't think he needed to be qualified. In Staple's tweet, only Romano, McNeely and Riendeau were mentioned as the players that were not retained. I asked Staple to clarify his tweet regarding the status of Alexandrov and will post his answer (if there is one). Not that it really matters, because Alexandrov would probably be a long shot anyway.


Last edited by ettlinger: 06-26-2012 at 04:44 AM.
ettlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:00 AM
  #59
BennyBST
Registered User
 
BennyBST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fairfield CT
Country: United States
Posts: 1,990
vCash: 500
sort of wish Tony Romano was qualified, 23 points in the final 22 games.

BennyBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:09 AM
  #60
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,751
vCash: 55
I'm hoping the contract talks between Snow and Martin's reps, go smoother this time around.

I'd like to see Martin signed to either a 3 yr deal or a 5/6 yr deal.
We can only guess about the ufa age in the new cba.If it stays where it is now, Martin's 3 yr deal would end 1 yr before he becomes a ufa.Snow could then push for a longterm deal.

A 5/6 yr deal would take him into his ufa yrs.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:36 AM
  #61
crashthenet
Registered User
 
crashthenet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hockey Falls
Posts: 3,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBST View Post
sort of wish Tony Romano was qualified, 23 points in the final 22 games.
It was nice to see a Long Island kid with the organization.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:41 AM
  #62
PWJunior
That's what we do.
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I'm hoping the contract talks between Snow and Martin's reps, go smoother this time around.

I'd like to see Martin signed to either a 3 yr deal or a 5/6 yr deal.
We can only guess about the ufa age in the new cba.If it stays where it is now, Martin's 3 yr deal would end 1 yr before he becomes a ufa.Snow could then push for a longterm deal.

A 5/6 yr deal would take him into his ufa yrs.
It has been discussed before, but I hope the Isles give Martin a 3 year deal comparable to the one Clutterbuck signed. Something like 3 years at $1.5-2M/per would be awesome IMO. Assuming things go well, he could be in line for a bigger pay day in the next contract and he'd still be a RFA (according to the current CBA). I don't see anything happening until much later in the summer, the Isles seem to take their sweet time with RFA contracts.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:47 AM
  #63
kasper11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 7,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ettlinger View Post
Yeah, I don't think he needed to be qualified. In Staple's tweet, only Romano, McNeely and Riendeau were mentioned as the players that were not retained. I asked Staple to clarify his tweet regarding the status of Alexandrov and will post his answer (if there is one). Not that it really matters, because Alexandrov would probably be a long shot anyway.
May be a long shot, but given the state of our d, the more shots the better.

Have no idea what to expect from him, but maybe he comes to camp and outplays the other rookies. Just adding another body to the mix would be a plus to me.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:52 AM
  #64
NYI78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milford CT
Country: United States
Posts: 711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBST View Post
sort of wish Tony Romano was qualified, 23 points in the final 22 games.
romano is what he is though at best his is a third line ahl player..i'm ok with them moving on with him and mcneely..kinda of suprised they kept backman..he didn't do much for me

NYI78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.