HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brandon Prust to test FA

Old
06-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Ugene Malkin
****!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Easily will make 1.5 a year from Free Agency.
Shero, make it happen.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Finnish Your Czechs

vCash: 50
One of the few FA's I've been wanting bad.

Make it happen, Gillis.

Finnish Your Czechs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

We've talked about Prust for many months on the Habs board, but just assumed he'd be comfortable in his role on a successful Rangers team and that it would be hard/impossible to pry him away. Habs have a lot of room to add some defined role players in the bottom-6, and seem likely to have ample cap room to pay the requisite premiums. I'd take Prust at his requested $6.6M/3yrs on the Habs. Whether that's a big premium or not in the ever-changing salary landscape, it's something the Habs can afford to pay. For him and to return Moen too. Having both those guys on board would really help solidify some bottom-6 winger roles, so it's worth the premium.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Beardacus
Ice 1 - Brodeur 0

Spoke with a friend today that knows him, and my buddy told me Prust is looking for 4 years @ 2mil per from the Rangers. Goes against what I am reading here but my buddy said it came right out of his mouth.

Supposedly he really wants to stay with Rangers.

Beardacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I love Prust...by far one of my favorite players. But I think some Rangers fans need to understand something. It's a business...it's nt personal! Brando has never received the big payday yet, and this is his chance to get it. If not with NY, move in and wish him the best.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:11 PM
NYR82124
Rookie User

As much as I love Prust, he's not worth 2.2 million per year. He is a huge part of this team, both on and off the ice, but we can't afford that much money for a 4th line player, no matter how good of a 4th liner he is. If we gave him as much as he wants, we'll have even more trouble with re-signing our free agents in the next few years. Prust's outrageous contract would significantly raise the expectations of players like McDonagh, Stepan, and Hagelin, who are all free agents next year, and we would be forced to overpay for them as well.

NYR82124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:14 PM
AvsFan20
Bring back Downie

vCash: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOML View Post
Lol 'to test fa?'

He was dumped. Cheers.

TOML

"It's not you. It's me."
Not necessarily, the Rangers offered him a contract and he refused it to see what other teams would offer.

OT: Would love to have him in Colorado.

AvsFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:20 PM
NYR82124
Rookie User

Cap Issues

Also, if we sign Prust to a 3 year, $6.6 million deal, it would be extremely difficult for the Rangers to stay under the salary cap. Callahan, Girardi, Lundqvist, and Kreider will all be free agents in 2014, while McDonagh, Hagelin, and Stepan will be in 2013. All of these players will most likely be looking for a raise. Even though the extra $400,000 that Prust is asking for doesn't really seem to make a difference with all of the cap space that we have now, in a few years it could have a huge impact on our signings.

NYR82124 is offline   Reply With Quote