HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Keith Yandle on the block

Old
06-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z40 View Post
I think Yandle would be Plan B if we, for some reason, can't acquire Suter. Kronwall and Quincey will be PK'ers. If we get Suter, probably him too. I don't think we can trust Smith yet on the PK. Ian White is too small and not defensive-minded enough.
Kronwall and Q being our primary PK'ers... Yikes. We'd need Ericsson to become Stuart 2.0 in a hurry to compensate for that, and probably have Smitty show something on the PK also.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
Kronwall and Q being our primary PK'ers... Yikes. We'd need Ericsson to become Stuart 2.0 in a hurry to compensate for that, and probably have Smitty show something on the PK also.
Kronwall and Ericsson are our primary PKers, I'd put Q as a distant 3rd.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Kronwall and Ericsson are our primary PKers, I'd put Q as a distant 3rd.
I'd MUCH rather have Suter and Ericsson as the primary PKers, with Kronwall and Q (by default, I guess) as the 2nd pairing- I don't think Kronwall covers well in Detroit's zone and needs to play with a solid defensive d-man to pick up his slack. If Kenny can't land Suter or a different stay at home D-man, the PK (and ES defense) is going to be tough to watch a lot of the time.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
I'd MUCH rather have Suter and Ericsson as the primary PKers, with Kronwall and Q (by default, I guess) as the 2nd pairing- I don't think Kronwall covers well in Detroit's zone and needs to play with a solid defensive d-man to pick up his slack. If Kenny can't land Suter or a different stay at home D-man, the PK (and ES defense) is going to be tough to watch a lot of the time.
I totally agree. Seems like Kronwall's defensive inefficiencies and lack of physicality in his own zone are way too often overlooked by Wing fans.

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote