HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Rivet the leader.

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2006, 11:55 AM
znk

vCash: 500
Rivet the leader.

I wasnt sure about Rivet heading in to this season but he's quietly having one of his best years. But that's not the porpose of this thread. It's more about how this guy is a true leader and character guy and I think we are lucky to have a men of his quality on this team.

Every time that guy gives an interview everything he says is respectful and makes absolute sense. He's always talking about how other players on the team are playing great, how much confidence he has in each player. It seems this team has alot of character guys and think Rivet is a perfect role model for the younger crop of leader.

Old
04-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
I wasnt sure about Rivet heading in to this season but he's quietly having one of his best years. But that's not the porpose of this thread. It's more about how this guy is a true leader and character guy and I think we are lucky to have a men of his quality on this team.

Every time that guy gives an interview everything he says is respectful and makes absolute sense. He's always talking about how other players on the team are playing great, how much confidence he has in each player. It seems this team has alot of character guys and think Rivet is a perfect role model for the younger crop of leader.
Give everyone an A (except Ribeiro) if giving good interviews makes you a leader!

Old
04-11-2006, 12:08 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
Give everyone an A (except Ribeiro) if giving good interviews makes you a leader!
From what I've heard over the years, he's always been considered in that role, whether people like it or not.

Old
04-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
lol, i just heard the same thing on the team 990, a guy called and said Rivet doesnt get enough credit for the work he's been doing

Old
04-11-2006, 12:19 PM
livingfree

Send a message via MSN to livingfree
HE not just making good interview, i agree with you he a good leader...he been here for a while, so he know the team well.

Old
04-11-2006, 12:20 PM
znk

Quote:
Seriously.......learn to read between the lines.
It's part of what makes him a great leader as well as a public figure image.

Old
04-11-2006, 12:38 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Care to comment on Rivet's on ice leadership this year or would prefer to explore your Ribeiro fetish.

Old
04-11-2006, 12:47 PM
eddy

Rivet has always been an excellent 'team' guy I'd say the only difference this year is he's really showing us somthing above and beyond expectation on the ice.

Old
04-11-2006, 01:09 PM
scosar

If I remember correctly (I am getting older) Rivet was either the captain or assistant when he was with the Farm team many moons ago and was very young to have been given that honour. He was a character guy from day one.

Closed Thread