HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM interested in Hjalmarsson

Old
06-25-2012, 06:14 PM
debonair399

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan22 View Post
He's referring to Hammer. I don't think even delushional Chicago fans believe he's a top pairing....
How do you know?? His post made no reference to Hammer.

His post was a response to DopitaToDemitra who was referring to a "top pairing No.2 Dman".

DopitaToDemitra's post was a response to Beerfish who was referring to "an A grade top 2 Dman".

So any reasonable person interpreting smackdaddy's post could only conclude that he was referring to a top-pairing d-man.

And if so, then it is smackdaddy whose analysis is "ridiculous" and comes "across like a child"..... to use his own words.

debonair399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:14 PM
OilerFan4Life

I would only do Gagner straight up for the Hammer if Tambo can sign a 2nd line C or trade for one elsewhere cause Horcoff and Belanger ain't gonna get it done.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:18 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopitaToDemitra View Post
I hate the Oilers and I hate the Hawks. I hate them equally.
Hjalmarsson IS better than Smid ...and a bit better than Schultz imo.

No one overrates players like EDM fans do on here. If guys like Smid Schultz Petry Gagner were as good as oiler fans think they are...then they wouldnt have picked 1ST overall 3 years in a row HAHAHAH

In response to the trade offer made a few posts up.
Hjalmarsson < Gagner + MPS
Hawks would have to add something....nothing substantial..but they'd have to add...maybe a 2nd? or frolik? not sure.
You lost all credibility when you implied that Schultz is better than Smid.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:13 PM
MessierII

I'd do Gagner and the ducks 2nd rounder for Frolik and Hammer. That's the highest I'd go. I wouldn't even consider Gagner for Hammer straight accross but as per usual fans of every other team will grossly undervalue the 2nd highest scoring player from the 2007 draft. Gagner is exactly what the Hawks don't have. A skilled second line center who by the way has proven chemistry with a certain star winger on the Hawks.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:21 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by debonair399 View Post
How do you know?? His post made no reference to Hammer.

His post was a response to DopitaToDemitra who was referring to a "top pairing No.2 Dman".

DopitaToDemitra's post was a response to Beerfish who was referring to "an A grade top 2 Dman".

So any reasonable person interpreting smackdaddy's post could only conclude that he was referring to a top-pairing d-man.

And if so, then it is smackdaddy whose analysis is "ridiculous" and comes "across like a child"..... to use his own words.
Considering the thread is about a rumor of the Oilers being interested in Hjalmarsson, you should have picked up on that a bit quicker. I'm not sure I needed to paint you a picture here, but if that's what it takes...

Gagner + 2nd/3rd is an extremely generous offer. Chi would be stupid not to take that.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:29 PM
dougd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
I'd do Gagner and the ducks 2nd rounder for Frolik and Hammer. That's the highest I'd go. I wouldn't even consider Gagner for Hammer straight accross but as per usual fans of every other team will grossly undervalue the 2nd highest scoring player from the 2007 draft. Gagner is exactly what the Hawks don't have. A skilled second line center who by the way has proven chemistry with a certain star winger on the Hawks.
The problem is that it could turn out the same way Le tres Denis did.

Savard,Tremblay,Cyr.

Cyr went to Cgy after being the 13th pick in '80 , played 60 games with 29pts, then went to Chi, with the anticipation that things would be just like the "good ole days" in Mtl. The embers had died down too much. 40 pts in 87 games, a lot with his buddy ( not Cloutier).

Tremblay never did get a NHL cup of tea .

dougd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:36 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougd View Post
The problem is that it could turn out the same way Le tres Denis did.

Savard,Tremblay,Cyr.

Cyr went to Cgy after being the 13th pick in '80 , played 60 games with 29pts, then went to Chi, with the anticipation that things would be just like the "good ole days" in Mtl. The embers had died down too much. 40 pts in 87 games, a lot with his buddy ( not Cloutier).

Tremblay never did get a NHL cup of tea .
Except Gagner has already proven way more than all of them playing on a non playoff and more recently basement team the entire time.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Rita12

I'm starting to question the competence of our GM. Why couldn't we have used our second rounder in a package to draft 12th and pick up Grigs and have our 1-2 centre combo solidified for years to come.

2012 second rounder, gagner

12th overall

Hall Hopkins eberle
Hemsky Grigs Yakupov

Rita12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Rita12

If they don't bite on that maybe a MPS, 2012 second rounder could entice them or gagner, 2012 second, ryan jones

Old
06-25-2012, 08:53 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita12 View Post
If they don't bite on that maybe a MPS, 2012 second rounder could entice them or gagner, 2012 second, ryan jones
I wouldn't consider any of those. This is basically another Nick Schultz we're acquiring. Nothing to mortgage the future on.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Rita12

sorry my post is probably off topic. i was referring to acquiring the 12th overall and drafting grigs with it.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Wheatking

I'll admit I don't know a ton about Hjalmarsson but why would the Oilers give up a former top 10 pick(Gagner or Paajarvi) AND next year's 1st round pick(likely top 10) for a 20 minute a night Dman that has never hit 20 points before? Especially when they're in desperate need of offensive defensemen?

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:08 PM
sdawg1010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita12 View Post
I'm starting to question the competence of our GM. Why couldn't we have used our second rounder in a package to draft 12th and pick up Grigs and have our 1-2 centre combo solidified for years to come.

2012 second rounder, gagner

12th overall

Hall Hopkins eberle
Hemsky Grigs Yakupov
Personally i often wonder why washington passed over grigs...they needed a center before the riberio trade...there still weak up the middle.. and the russian factor..

Never the less, i believe tambo has some magic up his sleeve for the rest of this off season...

Maybe
Shultz
Signing Some 3rd line vets to lead the team to the next level ( Knuble, Arnott) just a locker room prescense type player to help the new coach and help develop the players..
Signing a centerman like jokinen or hecht

Possibly Sign Ryan Smyth, his contract was brutal last year...6.25million, since he wants to remain an oiler and take a "home town discount" anywhere from 2.5-3.5 million is fair value here..

Lines could be
Move Horcoff or jokinen/ hecht to the wing on the 3rd

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Smyth - Gagner - Yakupov
Jokinin - Horcoff - Jones
Eager - Belanger - Knuble

???
Looks solid enough to me

sdawg1010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Sniped90

Quote:
Ive watched a lot of both. I'd take Hammer....not saying he's leagues better...but he's a bit better. I think this is because Edmonton doesnt really have a defensive system like other teams do. IMO the average Dman would develop better playing for a real 'systems' type coach like Hawks, or Stl or Van. Not a run and gun team like the OIlers.
With saying that mike green would be a great dman for that.... Not saying oilers will get him but it would be nice to see it

Sniped90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:14 PM
rockinghockey

I would not offer up Gagner for him, if I am moving Gagner I am getting a better puck moving dman than this guy.

You guys honestly think that Tambo didn't try to move up, teams liked the prospects that were available.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:19 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdawg1010 View Post
Personally i often wonder why washington passed over grigs...they needed a center before the riberio trade...there still weak up the middle.. and the russian factor..

Never the less, i believe tambo has some magic up his sleeve for the rest of this off season...

Maybe
Shultz
Signing Some 3rd line vets to lead the team to the next level ( Knuble, Arnott) just a locker room prescense type player to help the new coach and help develop the players..
Signing a centerman like jokinen or hecht

Possibly Sign Ryan Smyth, his contract was brutal last year...6.25million, since he wants to remain an oiler and take a "home town discount" anywhere from 2.5-3.5 million is fair value here..

Lines could be
Move Horcoff or jokinen/ hecht to the wing on the 3rd

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Smyth - Gagner - Yakupov
Jokinin - Horcoff - Jones
Eager - Belanger - Knuble

???
Looks solid enough to me
Smyth does not belong on the 2nd line, we are not going to sign Knuble and Jokinin, we signed Petrell for the 4th line.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:33 PM
sdawg1010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Smyth does not belong on the 2nd line, we are not going to sign Knuble and Jokinin, we signed Petrell for the 4th line.
If tambo does... ill be here waiting to rub this in...because the oil have no veteran leadership...aside from smyth, and your saying smyth isnt second lining...he did last year....

sdawg1010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:38 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Agree.. The Kane connection, CHI needing a #2C and this being the year of reunions, (Schenns, Staals) Gagner should be in the talks.

EDM fans are hoping it to be Gagner+ for Hammer + McNeill
CHI fans are hoping it to be Hammer+ for Gagner + MPS

A straight across swap should help both clubs
That better be a hell of a + coming from Edmonton if you want Chicago's #3 d-man and our best center prospect for Sam ****ing Gagner.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
That better be a hell of a + coming from Edmonton if you want Chicago's #3 d-man and our best center prospect for Sam ****ing Gagner.
And there better be a hell of a + coming along with an overpaid 3rd pairing Dman if CHI wants MPS and our #2 C in Gagner..

see how it goes both ways and how easy it is to bash players...

it looks like CHI does not was 'hammer' traded unless they get a D to replace him
and
EDM wants to keep Gagner unless they get someone to fill the #2C hole

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
HAHAHAHA show me a team that would give a top pairing No.2 Dman for MPS. That better be some "package" you're sending along with MPS to get a D of that caliber.
What an utterly dumb post on your part. Mind numbinly dumb. Of course it would have to be a substantial package. You don't get a #1 or 2 guy without paying a huge price. Where you got mps for a #1 or 2 guy is totally beyond me.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:31 PM
HawkeyLife07

As a Hawks fan (and Hjalmarsson fan) I don't see a deal really between these two teams.

Gagner isn't what we need. If we wanted a guy like him (at centre) then we can have one and a much better one in Pat Kane.

MPS is a good prospect but we need to win now.

HawkeyLife07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:42 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyLife07 View Post
As a Hawks fan (and Hjalmarsson fan) I don't see a deal really between these two teams.

Gagner isn't what we need. If we wanted a guy like him (at centre) then we can have one and a much better one in Pat Kane.

MPS is a good prospect but we need to win now.
If this was the case why is Patrick Kane no longer at center?

Old
06-25-2012, 10:48 PM
HawkeyLife07

Quote:
If this was the case why is Patrick Kane no longer at center?
Because we want to get a centre who plays a different kind of game with a different stature. That's the point I'm trying to make.

HawkeyLife07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:02 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Why is Oilnation considered a source?
I'm convinced that half of these websites just troll these boards and spit out whatever crap posters here have been speculating on for months.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:05 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Except Gagner has already proven way more than all of them playing on a non playoff and more recently basement team the entire time.
Zero point six PPG since breaking into the league as an eighteen year old. Forced into roles way beyond his experience and physical maturity by a desperate and incompetent management team. Under three different head coaches in four seasons Gagner has been shuffled willy nilly up and down the depth chart with seemingly no attempt being made by the team to define a role or map out a career trajectory for this player.

One of the most under rated players on hfboards imo.
But the most laughable of all is when the same posters that get a big woody over MPS will tell you Gagner is rubbish.
What can you do? Some folks don't know hockey.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote