HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs qualify 10 players

Old
06-25-2012, 11:38 PM
ChoseLa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
Dude, ask anybody that watched Hamilton play last year what Engqvist meant to that team....he is a big body who plays great D and has a history of putting up points, plus he is still young and adjusting. I really hope he get's a shot at 4th line C this year. He made big strides last year, there is such a thing as a late bloomer y'know.
He was a late bloomer in Sweden even, last season was his first in NA on a very struggling and underperforming team, for a small sample 4th line minutes. He's not an explosive player but wasn't a liability either, if he doesn't improve he'll never reach the NHL that's for sure; but a two way player on a 4th that can score some goals is pretty neat, especialy with such a reach, i think he'd be the tallest guy on the team.

How was his face-off % in the AHL?

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:47 PM
yianik

I liked Blunden, he could play 4th line minutes and not hurt the team. I just hope we do go out and get another big guy who doesnt hurt us on the 4th and who hits and will fight to replace him. Also remember Blunden would have been very cheap, need to always consider that.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
He was a late bloomer in Sweden even, last season was his first in NA on a very struggling and underperforming team, for a small sample 4th line minutes. He's not an explosive player but wasn't a liability either, if he doesn't improve he'll never reach the NHL that's for sure; but a two way player on a 4th that can score some goals is pretty neat, especialy with such a reach, i think he'd be the tallest guy on the team.

How was his face-off % in the AHL?
I wish AHL carried that stat. I recall his FO% being good in the SEL though.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
There is a guy i would take over Darche who is 40 yrs old named Mike Knuble.

I would sign Mike Knuble for 1 year deal cheap, for 3rd 4th line net crasher and a versatile guy to have around . Over 1000 games played 540 pts,9 straight seasons of 20 goals or more.

Great in dressing room too.

6'3 /230 pounds
First of all Knuble is finished, his skating was never good but right now he moves like the 270lbs version of Laraque. Plus he plays a different role than Darche...why put a scoring winger on your 4th line when you have nobody there to feed him? If you sign Knuble he has to paly with somebody taht can carry the puck and feed him...like Plekanec, and we can do a lot better for that line. At this point Darche is a more useful NHL player.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I wish AHL carried that stat. I recall his FO% being good in the SEL though.
It was pretty good. He was Djurgarden's #2 faceoff guy in terms of draws taken, and won well over 50% (their "#1" guy was almost 60%, I think). I remember thinking that their team must have had a good teacher for faceoffs last time I checked those stats. Just sec, I'll see if I can drum up them up here...

edit: Well that was quick. Bookmarks for the win. Engqvist at 53%, Ottosson at 58%. Link.

edit 2: It should also be noted that he had a pretty high shooting percentage, but didn't really take a lot of shots; patrolled the middle of the ice and distributed the puck for the most part? I think he should be encouraged to shoot more as well, as part of his development. Maybe he already has, resulting in this year's 20 goal production.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 06-26-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:45 AM
roy munson

Does this mean that Campoli (UFA) won't receive an offer?

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
Hope so.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
It was pretty good. He was Djurgarden's #2 faceoff guy in terms of draws taken, and won well over 50% (their "#1" guy was almost 60%, I think). I remember thinking that their team must have had a good teacher for faceoffs last time I checked those stats. Just sec, I'll see if I can drum up them up here...

edit: Well that was quick. Bookmarks for the win. Engqvist at 53%, Ottosson at 58%. Link.

edit 2: It should also be noted that he had a pretty high shooting percentage, but didn't really take a lot of shots; patrolled the middle of the ice and distributed the puck for the most part? I think he should be encouraged to shoot more as well, as part of his development. Maybe he already has, resulting in this year's 20 goal production.
Seems like it, went from 1.9 shots/game to 2.4 shots/game last season in the AHL.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:04 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
Campoli is a UFA in about 5 days, and he's free to sign anywhere. So, if he hasn't gotten an offer yet, I doubt he gets one.

Really has nothing to do with our RFA's.

TwineSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:13 AM
charlie

the RFAs that didnt get an offer are.

Nokelainen
Blunden
Mitera
Hunter
Fortier
Slaney
Masse
and for some reason Conboy is on that list as well.

Ok those players that received offers had to be playing for Montreal.
delete.
Mitera
Hunter
Fortier
Slaney
Masse
and of course Conboy.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
the RFAs that didnt get an offer are.

Nokelainen
Blunden
Mitera
Hunter
Fortier
Slaney
Masse
and for some reason Conboy is on that list as well.
Conboy is a bit of a surprise. Blunden is the only other I would ahve thought they'd qualify. Maybe they'll offer him a lower amount on a 1 way(550-600k one way).

Who is Hunter?

Old
06-26-2012, 11:19 AM
charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Conboy is a bit of a surprise. Blunden is the only other I would ahve thought they'd qualify. Maybe they'll offer him a lower amount on a 1 way(550-600k one way).

Who is Hunter?
LOL Hunter Bishop i meant.........anyway I corrected my post qualifying offers where to players that were on 2011/12 roster.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:27 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
First of all Knuble is finished, his skating was never good but right now he moves like the 270lbs version of Laraque. Plus he plays a different role than Darche...why put a scoring winger on your 4th line when you have nobody there to feed him? If you sign Knuble he has to paly with somebody taht can carry the puck and feed him...like Plekanec, and we can do a lot better for that line. At this point Darche is a more useful NHL player.
Umm, he has enough tools to be a bottom-6 forward. He was last year.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:27 AM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
You don't need to qualify free agents.

Whether you want the org to re-sign him or not is off-topic.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Umm, he has enough tools to be a bottom-6 forward. He was last year.
If you dump Darche you have to replace him with somebody that is good defensively and kills penalities, that was his primary role. To win anything you need a TEAM not a bunch of guys that are of the same mold in poor fitting roles.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:18 PM
brokentwigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
Dude, ask anybody that watched Hamilton play last year what Engqvist meant to that team....he is a big body who plays great D and has a history of putting up points, plus he is still young and adjusting. I really hope he get's a shot at 4th line C this year. He made big strides last year, there is such a thing as a late bloomer y'know.
Engqvist was by far the most consistent player in hamilton last year...and that includes Palushaj and Leblanc!! He scored when they were there....as well as when they weren't!! He was near the top in blocked shots and anyone who wants to question his hands and release...just ask David Aebischer!!

You did not see alot from him last year in the NHL...but with less then 4 minutes of icetime per game!! He should have had a few points but Darche could not put the puck away the three times I saw him play with him.

As for a flight risk...not in Sweden!! It would be equivalent to a longtime Habs fan switching allegiances to Toronto. Same holds true in Sweden...Andreas would ONLY play for Djurgarden unless the financial compensation was insane!

While I think both Palushaj and Leblanc are good prospects, the best all around player is Engqvist! Leblanc needs to learn to play at both ends of the rink unless he is Ovie like...which I don't think he is. Great with the puck...awful without it!!

brokentwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Fergy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
I liked Blunden, he could play 4th line minutes and not hurt the team. I just hope we do go out and get another big guy who doesnt hurt us on the 4th and who hits and will fight to replace him. Also remember Blunden would have been very cheap, need to always consider that.
He was also well liked by his teammates. Remember his 160 foot spin around goal? Probably the happiest the bench was all year.

Fergy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Zorba

Keep Enqgvist in Hamilton. Ill stick by my arguement that he is slow and and soft. Funny thing is, any fan that does a mock lineup doesnt have Enqgvist in the line up. Yeah we're just fans but most fans of the habs will tell you he has zero chance of being a Montreal Canadiens regular. Im sure he is great depth for Hamilton though and each team needs 50 contracts. When there are call up as there always is Im hoping its Gallagher over that slug!

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:32 PM
brokentwigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
Seriously? ReAlly? Engqvist is completely freakIng useless. He was so underwhelming when he played it was unreal. The man shows ZERO. Slow as molasses and never hits. I hope he leaves to go to europe
Zorba...you, obviously, have a zero hockey IQ!! What would you expect from a player who was misused by the big team everytime he was called up?? Let's see, he plays less than 4 minutes per game and you are expecting??

Try skating with him and see how slow he is?? Difficult to show your speed playing with (cough) Darche!!

Old
06-26-2012, 10:36 PM
brokentwigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
Keep Enqgvist in Hamilton. Ill stick by my arguement that he is slow and and soft. Funny thing is, any fan that does a mock lineup doesnt have Enqgvist in the line up. Yeah we're just fans but most fans of the habs will tell you he has zero chance of being a Montreal Canadiens regular. Im sure he is great depth for Hamilton though and each team needs 50 contracts. When there are call up as there always is Im hoping its Gallagher over that slug!
Yes Zorba...Gallagher..at 5'8?? He better be the next Bure!! Or is this a personal thing....you thinking with your heart as he is from the same hometown as you...LOL. At 5'8, he better be able to score 30 goals and be able to take the physicality of the NHL game in and game out....but hey...LOL...Gallagher it is!!

Old
06-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokentwigg View Post
Engqvist was by far the most consistent player in hamilton last year...and that includes Palushaj and Leblanc!! He scored when they were there....as well as when they weren't!! He was near the top in blocked shots and anyone who wants to question his hands and release...just ask David Aebischer!!

You did not see alot from him last year in the NHL...but with less then 4 minutes of icetime per game!! He should have had a few points but Darche could not put the puck away the three times I saw him play with him.

As for a flight risk...not in Sweden!! It would be equivalent to a longtime Habs fan switching allegiances to Toronto. Same holds true in Sweden...Andreas would ONLY play for Djurgarden unless the financial compensation was insane!

While I think both Palushaj and Leblanc are good prospects, the best all around player is Engqvist! Leblanc needs to learn to play at both ends of the rink unless he is Ovie like...which I don't think he is. Great with the puck...awful without it!!
I don't think we saw the same Leblanc..

My Leblanc see's the ice like no one on the team how can he be bad w/o the puck ?

Show's that your quite the connaisseur.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:54 PM
brokentwigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I don't think we saw the same Leblanc..

My Leblanc see's the ice like no one on the team how can he be bad w/o the puck ?

Show's that your quite the connaisseur.
There are very gifted players when they have the puck but the do not have the deisre, intensity or forresight to play away from it!! Hock is about offense and defense...you just proved my point, you don't believe there is a game within a game when the other team has the puck. Every player has both defensive and offensive responsibilities...there are two zones! As I said...great with the puck.....but not when he doesn't have it! That is what makes a true NHL player....unless you are a superstar and can score 40+ goals...

Old
06-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Yes Zorba...Gallagher..at 5'8?? He better be the next Bure!! Or is this a personal thing....you thinking with your heart as he is from the same hometown as you...LOL. At 5'8, he better be able to score 30 goals and be able to take the physicality of the NHL game in and game out....but hey...LOL...Gallagher it is!!
Thats right Gallagher is my hometown boy! But seriously, Gallagher plays a tougher more physical game than Enqgvist. I'd tame Gallagher anyway over him. Gallaghers upside is so much higher than Engqvist. I've wasted too much tie talking about a guy who will never make our Habs lineup. Btw I'm in north delta Gallagher is from Tsawassen/south delta. Yup there's 2 deltas

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Every player has both defensive and offensive responsibilities...there are two zones!
Always thought there was 3 zones but meh, what do I know. I'll defer to you, judging from your last posts and tone you seem like quite the connaisseur.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

I'll miss Michael Blunden. That guy had it all

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote