HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Iginla to Buffalo

Old
06-25-2012, 08:47 PM
stokes84

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Good god are you kidding me?

Iginla is one year away from FA, what is to keep him from leaving after a year and going back to Calgary to finish up his career or retire? You want to trade a very good center prospect in Hodgson AND Sekera for a 35 year old, while very good, winger who will be a UFA in one year? And why would you think Ennis is the next Giroux?

Jarome is a great player and I would love him on the Sabres, but he is old and is not going to push us over the hump of winning a cup. I'd rather stick with the youth and jettison the old.
Did you watch him in the second half last year? That's a player who is faster, has better hands, and thinks the game better than everyone else on the ice. You can give me the argument, "you can't judge a player off of a half of a season", and you would be correct in doing so, but I think this is a case of a player flipping a switch, and now that the light bulb is on, it's not going to go out. Also, he makes the players around him better. If Ennis hadn't shown up, Stafford would have had 12 goals this year. And as well as Foligno did in his call up, let's be honest, Ennis made him look like an all-star. It really shocks me that some people would rather hold onto Hodgson over Ennis. I really wonder what people were watching, because they are not in the same area code in terms of talent right now.

As for your argument on why not to give up this package for Iginla, I can't disagree. Maybe at the deadline we can see if we can get him as a rental for cheaper. If he had another year left on his deal, I'd say this is worth it, but for one year it would be hard to justify this package.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron C. View Post
Iginla is 1 year away from UFA with a 7M cap hit. He scored 67 points last year (Olli Jokinen had 61). I understand he has many intangibles that Calgary likely values more than others, but I'm not selling the farm for one year of Iggy.
Especially this year.... If we'd made it to the conference finals or something last year Iginla could be that final piece (I would have mortgaged the future for an Iginla type addition in 2006-2007 for example)

But adding him to a non playoff team, it would have to be the right deal... Maybe with conditions (playoff round wins) and it would have to come with an extension.

Maybe Regher could pitch him

Karate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Flamester

Quote:
Yeah except Buffalo wouldn't do that. Don't get me wrong I would love Iginla, but that is overpayment to the nth degree, top prospect, established top 6 winger and 2 1st round picks is not worth one year of a 35 yr old Iginla.

Lol it is an over payment mayb if we offered backlund a 3rd rounder

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:54 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjn226 View Post
What did Buffalo have to give up to get Krejci, Kohklachev and Thomas and since Buffalo has them I am not sure you they want to give them up!!!!
I'm trumping any crappy offers sabres fans could offer with a better offer, thereby effectively saving Iginla from having to play for the sabres and live in buffalo in cyberspace

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Flamester

If I were to trade iggy to buffalo, I'd want a 1st in 2013, 2nd in 2013, Tyler Ennis, and luke Adam. Calgary would probs include a prospect or two

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
What is Iginla's value? Think of a trade that strips you of your top prospect, add a top six forward under the age of 24 to the deal, and just when you are ready to throw up in your mouth a little, add a 1st round pick or two.

Basically your offer should leave your team / fanbase feeling violated, and not in a good way.

Don't like it? Then stop asking about Iginla's value. His value as a corpse is higher to the Flames organization than any warm body you can offer.
This is the answer that ANYONE asking about Iginla's value should get.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:35 PM
ubercanucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamester View Post
Ahahahahahahahaha not a chance in hell bud. Keep dreamin tho
thanks, I will, counteroffer?

ubercanucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:45 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
No qualms here.
So
To Calgary: Ennis, Brennan, 2013 1st
To Buffalo: Iginla, 2014 2nd

I would do it.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercanucksfan View Post
thanks, I will, counteroffer?
If we need anyone from the Flames' roster it would be Tanguay.
Now is not the time nor place for this discussion, however.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:07 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Good god are you kidding me?

Iginla is one year away from FA, what is to keep him from leaving after a year and going back to Calgary to finish up his career or retire? You want to trade a very good center prospect in Hodgson AND Sekera for a 35 year old, while very good, winger who will be a UFA in one year? And why would you think Ennis is the next Giroux?

Jarome is a great player and I would love him on the Sabres, but he is old and is not going to push us over the hump of winning a cup. I'd rather stick with the youth and jettison the old.
Because he's the biggest Ennis fan out there. I'm fairly certain he made a thread before last season saying Ennis would score 80-90 points in 11-12 (it was him or static but i think stokes). His expectations for Ennis are exorbitant.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:15 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamester View Post
If I were to trade iggy to buffalo, I'd want a 1st in 2013, 2nd in 2013, Tyler Ennis, and luke Adam. Calgary would probs include a prospect or two
Flat out no to any deal that moves Ennis. He and Miller are the only 2 reasons Buffalo was in playoff contention at the end of the season.
Even for a player of Iginla's caliber, that's way too much for a rental for Buffalo (something, btw, Regier has expressed having zero interest in, so I'm not even sure why this thread exists, tbh).
I doubt Iggy is getting moved anywhere anyway. You don't hire a coach like Hartley to rebuild; you hire him to win.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:30 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
Because he's the biggest Ennis fan out there. I'm fairly certain he made a thread before last season saying Ennis would score 80-90 points in 11-12 (it was him or static but i think stokes). His expectations for Ennis are exorbitant.
I never made a thread like that, but I'd be willing to make it for this year. If he stays healthy, 70-80 points is my expectation for him, and it wouldn't shock me in the least if he surpasses that.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:33 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
I never made a thread like that, but I'd be willing to make it for this year. If he stays healthy, 70-80 points is my expectation for him, and it wouldn't shock me in the least if he surpasses that.
Good luck with that...

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Christmas Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercanucksfan View Post
Maybe, disregarding geographics

Iginla
2014 first (second?)

Schneider

Thinking for the Canucks is they get a power forward who can play with the Sedins, and a good pick, and keep Bobby to teach Lack, as they are similar body types.

Thinking for the flames is they trade Iginla to a place where he may well win a albeit with a rival, and get a star goalie.
Thoughts?
A team ready to hit the rebuild stage trades their 1st round pick to a rival team and in return gets a goalie while they already have a solid starter?

Also they give up their captain.
Makes no sense

Christmas Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:34 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I know, and as a business, selling stuff with Iginla's face / name / autograph / sweat / etc. on it will bring in more dough than stuff with... Stajan's stuff on it or whoever.
If the Flames really care about the type of revenues you are suggesting the absolute best thing to do is to move Iginla. There will be a period of mourning, but at some point during the next season a new fan favorite will emerge and all of those products will be sold with that new guy's number on it. I would suspect Bartschi will be that guy. All of those people with Iginla jerseys will have to mothball them and then buy a new one with the new favorite son's number on it. How many people buy a new Iginla jersey every year? Not many. If they really want to sell more jerseys they need a new number and guy that people will go out and get behind.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:03 AM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Alright sorry for the confusion, I couldn't remember if it was you or static. Expecting that is pretty nuts in my opinion but to each his own. I would take 70 points from him in a heartbeat.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote