HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings RFA qualifying offers

Old
06-26-2012, 06:09 AM
Henkka

vCash: 500
Red Wings RFA qualifying offers

F Justin Abdelkader - qualified
D Kyle Quincey - qualified

D Travis Ehrhardt - not qualified
D Logan Pyett - not qualified

So two AHL defencemen were not qualified. Who would fit in their shoes at Griffins, if Smith is broght up in NHL?

Almqvist is the only AHL add-on so far.

Janik - (Smith?)
Exelby - Almqvist?
Lashoff - Nicastro?
7th depth D (Fournier?)

From last season, Fournier isn't AHL-level yet, Rufenach did pass away , Piche and Amadio were traded and Ehrhardt & Pyett not qualified.

So they kind of need bodies at Griffins blue line.

Or can they sign a guy like Pyett for AHL contract only and not be involved as a Red Wings contract? I think Red Wings are quite near the 50 contract limit and that's why those two guys were not qualified.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 06:30 AM
zecke26

janik and exelby are UFA

at the moment only lashoff, almqvist and fournier are on the griffins roster, i think.

i'm sure they will sign 2 vets again. nicastro was rumored to join. and then maybe another college/junior D? i'm sure they will try-outs again in camp.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 06:33 AM
Henkka

Colorado also did not qualify Peter Mueller, what is interesting.

I think they could still sign him after, but cheaper. His QO would have been 2.5 million and that's maybe too high for him with his injury history.

Should we go after him if he doesn't sign with the Avs?

He's 6'2/209lbs, right handness.

Last edited by Henkka: 06-26-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old
06-26-2012, 06:34 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
janik and exelby are UFA

at the moment only lashoff, almqvist and fournier are on the griffins roster, i think.

i'm sure they will sign 2 vets again. nicastro was rumored to join. and then maybe another college/junior D? i'm sure they will try-outs again in camp.
Man, there would be a big spot for Dekeyser right now. But he wanted to stay at Western Michigan.

Old
06-26-2012, 07:01 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

They'll probably re-sign Janik and Exelby (or equivalent "vets"). I'd like to think Smith has a legitimate shot at the NHL next season (even in a rotation role). I can't wait until a couple of seasons when guys like Bäckman, Ouellet or even Marchenko will come in. Add the prospects like Jurco, Tvrdon, Pulkkinen, Jarnkrok (I think he goes straight to the NHL though) and GR will actually be worth watching .

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 07:15 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Likewise, I can't wait to see Ouellet.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
They'll probably re-sign Janik and Exelby (or equivalent "vets"). I'd like to think Smith has a legitimate shot at the NHL next season (even in a rotation role). I can't wait until a couple of seasons when guys like Bäckman, Ouellet or even Marchenko will come in. Add the prospects like Jurco, Tvrdon, Pulkkinen, Jarnkrok (I think he goes straight to the NHL though) and GR will actually be worth watching .
I would have hoped, that one more of the prospects would have made a jump year earlier. Because after next season, then Ouellet, Sproul, Jensen, Marchenko are coming in at same time. If we have Almqvist, Lashoff and Nicastro there already, that's retty much the defence.

But I hate a situation if there isn't any veteran leading these youngsters. That's maybe too big change to do at same year. I'd like to have at least Exelby (as a Captain already) and let Janik walk after next year. Some smoother transition would IMO work better. Could Marchenko or somebody do exception and jump a year earlier, than planned?

Or hopefully we can fit everybody in using entry-level slide with Europeans or something to delay the big invasion of defensive prospects at next summer.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:21 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

I doubt Marchenko spends a lengthy period of time in Grand Rapids. To me he would seem to be on the Emelin plan. Maybe they can sell him to be like Voynov who spent time in the AHL, but he never had a KHL team either. Marchenko plays for a pretty club in a big city. I know it was reported that he would come over after two more years, but with the injury and him seeing what looks a nailed down roster spot I just think it will take a little longer. I don't doubt the reports he seriously prefers the NHL over the KHL and will come over at some point. My guess is however until it is clear he has a big shot at the Wings we won't see him.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:21 AM
StormSurge9

Lashoff will be in the final year of his contract. With all the younger guys set to come in during the next few years, I wouldn't be suprised to see Lashoff go (Unless he has a big year of course)

Ouellet and Sproul have one year of junior left. They will be in the AHL in 2013-2014. Jensen could also be signed based on the fact he will have finished 3 years of college. I have a feeling Marchenko and Backman will be like other European prospects and will stay there for another couple years.

StormSurge9 is offline   Reply With Quote