HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Doan Will Test Free Agency

Old
06-26-2012, 02:53 AM
PHX FireBirds18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Of course. It was very emotional. I have no idea how the Kings would feel if the Kings got Doan. I'm over it because I have always liked him. It's still very fresh though. But, I think the team would get over it and welcome him because hes a damn good player. I know a lot of Kijgs fans would be iffy.
Some people act like Doan sucker punched Brown in the handshake line. Not you of course. If the roles where reversed. I could totally understand Brown wanting to have a few choice words, and would have no problem with it since emotion is what makes sports so great. I think Kings management and players would quickly forget what happened, as would the fans. There's not a nicer guy in the whole NHL than him and he leaves everything on the ice. You can't ask for much more from a teammate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Doan has averaged 55 points over the last 3 seasons. He has also under-performed in the playoffs. For a guy who is known as a "heart and soul" type of player, a captain to boot, he only has 28 points in 55 playoff games. The guy has also never been a PPG player in his career.
Doan also has pretty much played his whole career with ****. His best season came playing along Steve Reinprecht. That was the best center he's ever played with. Maybe you should watch him play instead of taking a gander at the stats page on NHL.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
If YOU had to choose a team to see him on other then the yotes what would it be?
LA would be my number 1 choice to see Doan go to. It would be nice for once to see him play on a team where he didn't always have to be the go to guy. LA system wise would be an easy transition for Doan and he would receive a much smaller work load. Which would be beneficial to him since he's getting older. Plus I'm like 6 hours away from LA so I could always make the flight or drive out there to watch him play.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 02:58 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
He has also under-performed in the playoffs.
This is just not true at all.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 04:25 AM
GCM
Stork

Henrik to Daniel said something ill-informed and when corrected on it instead of just admitting he was wrong he's decided to dig the hole deeper.

I'm fairly certain nobody else here shares his opinion.

I think the Canucks would have a decent shot at landing him. He'd be good for our needs in the very short term. I wouldn't give him any term more than 2 years since it would be a 35+ contract and things happen.

I'd be willing to go up to a $5M cap hit for him though. I think he's worth that much.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 05:18 AM
huntison

Sedin - Sedin - Doan
Booth - Kesler - Burrows

huntison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 05:20 AM
Magnifique

SJ is my bet. A veteran team filled with skill that's close to home and their objective is the cup or bust. Has Doan written all over it.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 05:34 AM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quack! Quack! Quack! I say he goes to the Ducks.

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 05:39 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

If he leaves the Yotes (please hockey gods, no!!!!), I would expect him to join a team on the up and up. If I was Doaner I would give Colorado a hard look. It's still pretty close to Phoenix (where I'm almost certain his family will stay) and they are a team that could really break through next season. I really really really really really hope he doesn't leave though, he's EVERYTHING to hockey here in the valley. As if we Coyote fans haven't had to deal with enough **** already, this would be a devastating blow.

Edit: I missed the (If PHX relocates) part, I still say Colorado would be good for him but I guess my pleas for Doaner to stay don't make sense since the team would have moved already in this scenario.

Last edited by Sinurgy: 06-26-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:25 AM
BeaverSports

I'm betting that relocation or not, Doan is going to Dallas to work with Tom Gaglardi.

BeaverSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

I hope Colorado tries to sign him if he gets to the UFA status.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:48 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Vancouver, San Jose, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Colorado, and Dallas are the only options.

Of that group I think you can ditch Colorado, Anaheim, and Dallas for not being contenders.

So, it will be Vancouver, San Jose, or Los Angeles.

06-26-2012, 09:50 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
I'm betting that relocation or not, Doan is going to Dallas to work with Tom Gaglardi.
Didn't Dallas just trade their number one center for a draft pick and a prospect? Why would Doan want to worsen his chances at winning a cup?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Would love him on the Preds, but I doubt he goes that far east.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:59 AM
BeaverSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Didn't Dallas just trade their number one center for a draft pick and a prospect? Why would Doan want to worsen his chances at winning a cup?
Nope, Jamie Benn is still there, and though I'd have liked to see a better return for Ribeiro, there was an element of addition by subtraction there. The Stars also have a boatload of cap space now. Doan is very close to the owner and has a lot of good things to say about him.

BeaverSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:09 AM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Vancouver, San Jose, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Colorado, and Dallas are the only options.

Of that group I think you can ditch Colorado, Anaheim, and Dallas for not being contenders.

So, it will be Vancouver, San Jose, or Los Angeles.
if there's one guy i would give my left nut for to see on the Canucks, it's Shane Doan (maybe possibly Weber ..good thing I have another one to give)

However, he's also one guy as a hockey fan I'd love to see stay on his team and finish out his career -- class act all the way and it's rare to see anyone embody what he has for the Yotes.

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:10 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
Nope, Jamie Benn is still there, and though I'd have liked to see a better return for Ribeiro, there was an element of addition by subtraction there. The Stars also have a boatload of cap space now. Doan is very close to the owner and has a lot of good things to say about him.
Yeah, I have a lot of close friends I wouldn't want to work for or move in with. No offense, but Dallas' depth chart looks a mess. I feel like there are some lean year ahead.

In contrast, once Vancouver settles this Luongo mess, they might be one Shane Doan away from a cup. Vancouver has a lot going for it, in terms of attracting Doan. He's a patriot and I'm sure he'd love to be a part of bringing the cup to canada for the first time in 20 years. It's also a short flight from Phoenix, and most of his family (outside of his wife and children) live in western Canada. Shane actually played his jr hockey in BC, as well.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:11 AM
BamaWing

Would love to have Doan on the team as far as being another right handed shot and being a leader for the locker room. Brings toughness to the team also

BamaWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:13 AM
CupfortheSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
If he's dead set on staying as close to Phoenix as possible, I'd bet on Colorado as the most likely destination (LA/SJ don't have the cap space or a big enough need,
I'm not sure how you get to LA/SJ don't have enough cap space or need for Doan. IF he leaves Phoenix I think those are the two most likely destinations. Both teams are fairly close to Phoenix and have competitive teams. Contrary to your statement, I bet both would love to add Doan and could fit him under the cap.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:14 AM
GoCanes2013

Maybe Ray Whitney can bring him with him to CAR?

GoCanes2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:15 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntison View Post
Sedin - Sedin - Doan
Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Boy, riding shot gun with the Sedins would really extend his career.

Old
HockeyGuruPitka

Shane Doan plays both center and wing right? If he can play center all year, the leafs should be all over this guy. We need size in the top 6 and a point producing #1c.

Leafs would be a contender if we landed Doan and Luongo...and schultz

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NJDEVIL

he can play in NJ if he wants

NJDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhcbaB notnA View Post
Maybe Ray Whitney can bring him with him to CAR?
Or maybe they are a package deal to San Jose.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:20 AM
RehnX

Sign a 1 year contract with Pittsburgh, Detroit, Philly, Vancouver, Chicago, St Louis, San Jose, LA, or Boston and try to win a cup that is beyond deserved, then go back to Phoenix to play out the rest of his career.

RehnX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:28 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RehnX View Post
Sign a 1 year contract with Pittsburgh, Detroit, Philly, Vancouver, Chicago, St Louis, San Jose, LA, or Boston and try to win a cup that is beyond deserved, then go back to Phoenix to play out the rest of his career.
Phoenix was closer to winning a cup than Pittsburgh, Detroit, Philly, Vancouver, Chicago, St Louis, or Boston. Literally every team on your list other than the Stanley Cup Champions.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

OMG a second line of...

Doan-Stepan-Callahan

would be awesome!!

2 years 9m (4.5per)

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote