HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RW Ryan Gibbons Signs ATO With Monarchs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2006, 05:10 PM
  #1
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
RW Ryan Gibbons Signs ATO With Monarchs

from the Monarchs web site:

04/10/06

Gibbons Signs Amateur Tryout Agreement With Monarchs


MANCHESTER, NH The Manchester Monarchs, the primary affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, have signed right wing Ryan Gibbons to an amateur tryout agreement, Monarchs Director of Hockey Operations Hubie McDonough announced today.

Gibbons, 21, has 29 points (20-9=29) and 110 penalty minutes in 64 games with the Seattle Thunderbirds of the Western Hockey League this season. The 6-foot-5, 212-pound native of West Vancouver, British Columbia, has played with the Thunderbirds for the past five seasons (2001-06) and has compiled 96 points (58-38=96) and 416 penalty minutes in 291 career games. Gibbons will wear number 22 for the Monarchs.


link: www.monarchshockey.com/fullstory.php?id=2157

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 05:19 PM
  #2
dafranchz
Registered User
 
dafranchz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
from the Monarchs web site:

04/10/06

Gibbons Signs Amateur Tryout Agreement With Monarchs


MANCHESTER, NH The Manchester Monarchs, the primary affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, have signed right wing Ryan Gibbons to an amateur tryout agreement, Monarchs Director of Hockey Operations Hubie McDonough announced today.

Gibbons, 21, has 29 points (20-9=29) and 110 penalty minutes in 64 games with the Seattle Thunderbirds of the Western Hockey League this season. The 6-foot-5, 212-pound native of West Vancouver, British Columbia, has played with the Thunderbirds for the past five seasons (2001-06) and has compiled 96 points (58-38=96) and 416 penalty minutes in 291 career games. Gibbons will wear number 22 for the Monarchs.


link: www.monarchshockey.com/fullstory.php?id=2157

Nice to see Gibber get a chance. He's a tough kid.....but a little injury prone becasue of the style of game he plays. The Coyotes drafted him a couple years back, but did not sign him this year.

dafranchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 05:43 PM
  #3
bacchusbuddha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Claremont, CA
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bacchusbuddha
Gibbons, Jackman, Lizon, maybe Boyle... Lots of big bodies in Manchester all of a sudden. Is that to make up for not having any there all year?

Just to save you all the trouble, here Gibbons' page on Hockeydb:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=62577


So let's shift gears for a second and say, hypothetically, that the Kings don't make the playoffs...

Who on the Kings roster can be sent down for the Manchester playoffs? Hopefully someone that can score goals.

bacchusbuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 05:47 PM
  #4
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchusbuddha
Who on the Kings roster can be sent down for the Manchester playoffs?
Giuliano, Jeff

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 05:55 PM
  #5
FC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WaSt
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Surprising the kind of players theyre giving ATO's to. Gibbons was a decent power forward in the Dub. Not an overly tough player but on occasions would lay some big hits.

FC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 10:37 PM
  #6
Big Daddy
Registered User
 
Big Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 841
vCash: 500
This guy is not a good hockey player. I've watched him several times this year and for an over ager he has below average point totals. He had 3 fighting majors last season and the remainder of his penalties are of the stupid and lazy variety. Let's hope this is not the direction the Kings scouting staff is heading.

Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2006, 12:04 AM
  #7
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,634
vCash: 50
WHY?
thats what I want to know. So they can look at him in practice? jesus. another clueless move.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2006, 12:07 AM
  #8
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
WHY?
thats what I want to know. So they can look at him in practice? jesus. another clueless move.
Reason #2,000,000,000,000 that the house cleaning needs to occur from the Kings GM level all the way to the Reading level.

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2006, 01:26 AM
  #9
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,634
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
Reason #2,000,000,000,000 that the house cleaning needs to occur from the Kings GM level all the way to the Reading level.
its friggin ridiculous.
as they saying goes

The Inmates are running the asylum.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2006, 06:38 AM
  #10
BINGO
Registered User
 
BINGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: right coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
its friggin ridiculous.
as they saying goes

The Inmates are running the asylum.
YAWN......it's getting old.

BINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2006, 12:10 PM
  #11
gibber1600
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Great white north
Country: Canada
Posts: 557
vCash: 500
Gibby is a coachable player that plays big and draws alot of penaltys. Tough to move, in front of the net. He only had 20 goals (second or third on the team),but his team was coached defensively, that's probably why the t-bird's are knocked out of the playoffs. I think you guys will be happy with the way he plays. He was assigned to Manitoba after a good Vancouver camp last fall, but decieded to play another year of with Seattle.

gibber1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2006, 03:14 PM
  #12
Fat Elvis
Registered User
 
Fat Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Money Pit
Country: United States
Posts: 5,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber1600
Gibby is a coachable player that plays big and draws alot of penaltys. Tough to move, in front of the net. He only had 20 goals (second or third on the team),but his team was coached defensively, that's probably why the t-bird's are knocked out of the playoffs. I think you guys will be happy with the way he plays. He was assigned to Manitoba after a good Vancouver camp last fall, but decieded to play another year of with Seattle.
Well then Gibby, go get em' and good luck.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.