HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLV All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2012, 10:59 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I dunno about that.

Bergervin said we lack character and toughness....I think it is a big focus .
Therrien will have tough bottom end of the line up, so i think there will be a big focus ,as you seen Blunden and Noky shown the door!
Really? When did he say that? Would love to read the article if I missed it.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
06-25-2012, 11:16 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan4life1996 View Post
Dont know much about him would someone tell me what kind of player he is ? would u have him here? for me looking at his stats seems to be a 3rd or 4th line guy
You haven't been a Habs fan for very long, have you?

Old
06-25-2012, 11:27 PM
The Doors

The more I think about it the more I could see Bergevin adding Kostopoulos. Wasn't T.K. a big practical joker in Montreal? He would get along with the new GM.

I remember guys like Gorges speaking really highly of him too. And I keep thinking of Bergevin's statement, "hockey has to mean everything to you."

Old
06-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Stradale

TKO was a great team guy and all but I rather have a bigger, tougher, more intimidating 4th liner please.

Old
06-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
The more I think about it the more I could see Bergevin adding Kostopoulos. Wasn't T.K. a big practical joker in Montreal? He would get along with the new GM.

I remember guys like Gorges speaking really highly of him too. And I keep thinking of Bergevin's statement, "hockey has to mean everything to you."
when kostopoulos' agent told him montreal was interrested, he told his agent to "tell the other teams im off the market" or something similar to that

but i dont know if i take him again..

Old
06-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Between TKO and Darche for 13th, I take Kosto.

Old
06-26-2012, 12:08 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
he covers the ice like a Zamboni with no brakes.

Will take pain for the team ,scraping guys out of his leauge more times than not ending up on the short end.

Was a great Habs , tons of courage,to the point of near insanity at times.

Spoke pretty awesome french.

Huge joker in locker room.
We never should have gotten rid of him. I loved him, and not just because I'm Greek.

Courage to the point of insanity is a good way to describe him. He never backed down, from anyone, ever. He would lose every fight and come back for more.

I am confident that our bottom 2 lines this year will actually be bottom 2 lines. None of this Weber-Enqvist-Darche garbage as a 4th line.

I want to see White-Eller-Moen as the 3rd line, and the 4th line better be something with Prust in it. No d-men, no sofites. The 4th line should be a line that nobody wants to play against.

waffledave
Old
06-26-2012, 12:53 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Really? When did he say that? Would love to read the article if I missed it.
I was pretty unhappy the day we hired MT back, but he is goona bring back the pride which was taken from the team and fans ,which i endorse .It was darn hard to swallow as a PROUD habs fan to watch this team have to go through what it did , and to have former Habs players who wore the jersey (Alumni) come out and denounce management for letting Habs players get mugged and thugged and beat around .
I'm glad there goona bring back the pride and physicality, i want teams going home sore after playing Habs.I want a team that if needed can re act and not be speed bags .I will never forgive or forget PG and BG and JM for leaving this team exposed the way it was.

Quote:
Bergervin also stated that while skill is needed to win you could have skill without character and go nowhere

Quote:
Therrien: "Our rivals must know that as from now, the party is over. Playing in the Bell Centre isn't going to be a party anymore. It'll hurt. It's gonna be hard to play in this arena."

Host: "Are you saying that you would play a policeman? That type of guy that doesn't skate? Because we already have Ryan White, Travis Moen, and Ian Schultz coming also."

Therrien: "These guys establish some presence but we can't call them 'heavyweights'. We need much more than that."

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/341427.html

Quote:
Le party est fini au Centre Bell
Quote:
He will seek to bring back the pride and the new philosophy should be "One for all and all for one." The first mission of Michel would be to discipline in this locker room. It is now over the stories of indiscipline.

The players will be proud and advocated style will focus on toughness. I think that the party is finished for opposing clubs who will play at the Bell Centre.

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-26-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old
06-26-2012, 01:41 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
If NYI traded all their picks for our number 3 to take Galchenyuk, would you do it?
that's honestly a tough one...

i'm aware that I'm somewhat caught up in the "hype" of our seemingly great draft, and that Gally may indeed prove to be the best player in the draft, so from that I'd probably lean towards "no".

but on the other hand, TT is great at turning picks into NHL players (or perhaps more accurately, picking NHL players with his picks), so the idea of giving him an extra pick in each round is very appealing, especially at the "only" cost of moving from 3 to 4.

tough call, made tougher by the fact that the potential of Gally becoming that bonafide "elite" 1st line C we've lacked for so long.

all in all... would probably have to do it and bank on TT landing some quality assets that Bergie could then leverage to land that #1 C later on

Old
06-26-2012, 01:43 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

This is why i say Blunden Noky and Darche all gone .
Anyone thinking the 4th line isn't high priority for Bergevin, or there's not major changes coming to bottom end , think again .

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/341410.html

Quote:
Those who believe that there will not be many changes because they are essentially the same players who will be with the Canadien will be surprised. From next year, it will be not easy to play against the Canadien. Michel does never hid that he liked the robust hockey. With Therrien and Bergevin in position, I am satisfied that the fourth line trio will be different from what we have seen this season.

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-26-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old
06-26-2012, 01:46 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
We never should have gotten rid of him. I loved him, and not just because I'm Greek.

Courage to the point of insanity is a good way to describe him. He never backed down, from anyone, ever. He would lose every fight and come back for more.

I am confident that our bottom 2 lines this year will actually be bottom 2 lines. None of this Weber-Enqvist-Darche garbage as a 4th line.

I want to see White-Eller-Moen as the 3rd line, and the 4th line better be something with Prust in it. No d-men, no sofites. The 4th line should be a line that nobody wants to play against.
and yet some tried, and will continue to try, to argue that things like courage/toughness aren't important.

Love reading that Therrien/Bergevin believe in the importance of being "tough to play against"... anyone with a serious understanding of what it's like to compete in a contact sport can appreciate the impact that quality has, and how it can go a very long way to offsetting otherwise marginal differences in skill level.
(while a guy like Noke may skate a bit better or have better pure "hockey" skills than a guy like TKO, it's not hard to see why opponents would rather see Noke lining up in front of them in the third period of a back-to-back game in february...)

Old
06-26-2012, 01:55 AM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post

Haha what a badass line

Old
06-26-2012, 04:28 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
These are the same people who wanted Mcguire to be our GM. The guy who then goes on to say Edmonton could expect to get Subban in exchange for moving down 2 spots.
It's been discussed elsewhere but generally accepted that Mcguire didn't say this.

Old
06-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Benny Pou was not qualified by Tampa. Meaning they gave away Ouellet and that pick to the Bruins for nothing.
Ouellet was probably just to equal out the contracts. He's a 30 year old journeyman AHLer. Weird that they gave up a pick then non tendered him.

Old
06-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Hopefully Habs go after Mueller and Latendresse. Low risk high reward. It would also mean guys like Leblanc and Galchenyuk won't be rushed just to play roster filler.
Mueller would be a nice guy to take a gamble on. Low risk high reward if he is 100% healthy from concussion issues. Had 54 points as a rookie. 143 career points in 254 games.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=89967

Wolski and Boyes are two more guys that their stock has fallen, may be worth a shot on the 3rd line.

Old
06-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

I read that pouliot wasn't qualified so that he can't file for arbitration. The lightning still want to sign him

Old
06-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
I read that pouliot wasn't qualified so that he can't file for arbitration. The lightning still want to sign him
I don't think Boston was going to sign him anyways, Tampa should have simply waited to July 1st, market wouldn't have been that crazy over Benoit Pouliot and they would have saved that 5th rounder

Old
06-26-2012, 08:55 AM
charlie

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't think Boston was going to sign him anyways, Tampa should have simply waited to July 1st, market wouldn't have been that crazy over Benoit Pouliot and they would have saved that 5th rounder
Not one of Stevies better judgements.

Old
06-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
If NYI traded all their picks for our number 3 to take Galchenyuk, would you do it?
Years ago, the Flyers offered the Penguins all 10 of their picks for Mario Lemieux and were refused. By no means is Galchenyuk comparable to Mario Lemieux, and the Islanders had a much higher first round pick in 2012 than the Flyers did at the time of their offer. I would have sent the #3 to Long Island in gift wrap for theIslanders' full complement of picks. Since the Habs would have retained their other picks, think about all the talent that would have poured in.

Old
06-26-2012, 09:03 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
They probably have a handshake deal between him where he'll sign with them after July 1st. Pens did the same thing with Tyler Kennedy a year or two ago.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Et le But

Yakupov is hilarious, the kid is honest to a fault.

http://deadspin.com/5921351/top-nhl-...ght-on-twitter

Old
06-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Yakupov is hilarious, the kid is honest to a fault.

http://deadspin.com/5921351/top-nhl-...ght-on-twitter
Like a boss.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:25 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Adam Oates next head coach in Washington. Interesting.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Adam Oates next head coach in Washington. Interesting.
Good for him, not surprising he did play in Washington

Hopefully Robinson is next to leave the Devils staff to join ours

Old
06-26-2012, 12:21 PM
DenverHabsFan

So after a long search, the Caps settle on an inexperienced coach as the best coach available at this time for a top tier NHL team.

I'd like to hear from those who kept crying about the supposedly incredibly limiting spoken language requirement that prevented the Habs from hiring the absolute best person available.

Closed Thread