HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's your replay count up to?

Old
06-26-2012, 09:51 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

vCash: 500
What's your replay count up to?

I've watched game 6 at least 10 times at this point... almost in disbelief waiting for the ending to change. I've watched the other 15 Kings wins all at least twice.

At some point this probably becomes unhealthy. Who knows (or cares?) when that'll be.

Someone the other day came up to me and asked what it was like when I saw the Kings won the Cup, I felt like those players in the NHL ad that couldn't think of anything to say. I still can't believe it happened.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:01 AM
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream

I had NHL Network on for the next day and a half so I saw it 7-8 times. Not having FSW I am missing out on more... just waiting for the Bob and Jimmy version to come out.

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:24 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

I seem to watch it whenever it's on. lol I haven't counted though.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

I purchased the entire six-game set for my Apple TV but have watched only parts of game 1 so far, I purchased it mostly for archive purposes.

I watched the entire CBC version last night and I must say it was head and shoulders above the NBC version. As a matter of fact, comparing it to the NBC telecast would be insulting to the CBC telecast. Jim Hughson, who I criticized during the Vancouver series, did a terrific job during the entire telecast, and his summary of L.A. Kings history right before he went silent at the 2:00 minute mark was masterful and well-researched...got to give him props. If you haven't seen it, go to the 2:04:30 mark of the video below...quite moving. Then going silent for the last two minutes is a stroke of genius. Guy knows drama.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Whiskeypete

haven't counted. whenever it's on i will watch, but at the same time i haven't watched it through in its entirety. i've got G6 on the DVR and was skipping through it again last night. the wife looked at me, "Again?"..... yep!

the last 10-minutes of that game i was in a serious fog and seriously don't really remember it. i was so friggin happy and at the same time bouncing emails, tweets, FB posts, etc. the last 10-minutes of the game seemed to last about 2-minutes to me when it happened.

when i watch it now it brings a small tear. at the time i was so happy i had perma-grin going for hours.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:53 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Funny how music plays a role in all of this. For the rest of my life every time I hear "Good Feeling" or "Party Rock Anthem" I'm going to immediately be reminded of the Kings Cup win.

From a life event perspective I'm sure it's right up there with remembering what songs you were listening to when your kids were born. There are just certain songs that immediately evoke a nostalgic reaction the moment they come on.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
I still cry everytime I watch game six.
My cat still comes over to comfort me each time too

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:37 AM
SLang

I watched all the games live, then scanned through each replayed game. I've watched game 6 quite a few times.

Anybody else go through a bit of a post-Stanley Cup traumatic stress issue? For about a week after the final game I'd wake up in the middle of the night stressing out that they were going to lose.

How ****ed up is that????

edit: re. the music - pretty much every time I hear "the Black Parade" I will think of the Cup run.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Full game: at least 10 times
Cup ceremony: at least 100 times (not joking)

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:09 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

I still think Gagne is going to drop that thing one of these times

Old
06-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
I watched all the games live, then scanned through each replayed game. I've watched game 6 quite a few times.

Anybody else go through a bit of a post-Stanley Cup traumatic stress issue? For about a week after the final game I'd wake up in the middle of the night stressing out that they were going to lose.

edit: re. the music - pretty much every time I hear "the Black Parade" I will think of the Cup run.
Quite the opposite for me...I have had many dreams since then of the Kings winning over and over.

It's not just that they did it...its HOW they did it that creates the illusion of a dream. Who could have predicted a 16-4 run and starting out every series with two road wins? (Then getting the third at home as well?)

Even Al Michaels commented on how this was a dream-like scenario playing out.

I know next season they are going to lose one of the first two games of a playoff series (at home or on the road), and I know that I am also going to be extremely disappointed at this.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:35 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

It's just one game. Gotta put that behind us now and focus on October 12.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

I've watched it too many times to count. I've watched WCF game 5 quite a bit too. The segment I've watched a TON is the 5 minute major PP. I can't even tell you the emotional swing I had worrying about Scuds, then to score 3, I thought my lungs would give out I was screaming so hard. So I skip quite a bit to the PP in the 1st period.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:50 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Funny how music plays a role in all of this. For the rest of my life every time I hear "Good Feeling" or "Party Rock Anthem" I'm going to immediately be reminded of the Kings Cup win.

From a life event perspective I'm sure it's right up there with remembering what songs you were listening to when your kids were born. There are just certain songs that immediately evoke a nostalgic reaction the moment they come on.
I blame the CBC opening to game 2 for the Good Feeling association.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
I blame the CBC opening to game 2 for the Good Feeling association.
They played that song a few times at the parade celebration too.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I've watched the first and third period of game 6 quite a few times, haven't counted. I only watch the CBC broadcast, I was able to record the replay from the NHL Network.

The replay on FSW last night was blacked out in Texas, probably because Center Ice ended after round 1. I haven't checked to see if the Kings Live episode recorded or not since I was asleep by the time it started.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:21 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
They played that song a few times at the parade celebration too.
And several times at Staples. The parade and Staples are where that song "stuck" for me.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:32 PM
topliner967

Full game probably 3 times. Final 5 minutes a bit more than that.

topliner967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:36 PM
cyclones22

Quote:
I still think Gagne is going to drop that thing one of these times
Hah what sucks about that, is the crowd really didn't get any opportunity to really cheer Gagne because everyone was like holy crap, he almost dropped the Cup.

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I watched the entire CBC version last night and I must say it was head and shoulders above the NBC version. As a matter of fact, comparing it to the NBC telecast would be insulting to the CBC telecast. Jim Hughson, who I criticized during the Vancouver series, did a terrific job during the entire telecast, and his summary of L.A. Kings history right before he went silent at the 2:00 minute mark was masterful and well-researched...got to give him props. If you haven't seen it, go to the 2:04:30 mark of the video below...quite moving. Then going silent for the last two minutes is a stroke of genius. Guy knows drama.

Wow, thanks for that. That was awesome. It is amazing how much better the sound is on the CBC broadcast. You get a much better sense of what it was like in the arena.

Bonus - I even caught a glimpse of myself in the crowd during the celebration

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:46 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

The last few minutes of the CBC broadcast of Game 6 is a must see if you haven't watched it yet. It is head and shoulders above the NBC broadcast.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:53 PM
rajuabju

Game 6, up to 3 times for the NBC feed, and I think 6 times for the CBC feed. CBC > NBC and its not even close.

I've watched our entire playoff run about 3 times now.

it does NOT get old. at all. ever.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Quote:

And "Black Parade." If we won last year, our unofficial theme song probably would've benn "All I do is Win" since that song was played too many times on radio stations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post

That happened to me, but before Game 6. I just couldn't sleep on that Sunday night. I didn't want to be negative but I just couldn't avoid thinking how the Kings could **** this up.

But now, I just keep reminding myself that the Kings are the Stanley Cup Champions!

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 02:12 PM
ShattStar03

Suppose to be at the gym an hour ago, instead ive been watching Kings replays..

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 02:16 PM
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon

I think I've seen it at lest 8 times. Never gets old

kingsboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote