HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

'the future'

Old
06-25-2012, 11:35 AM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He put up 1 less point than Plekanec in a comparable season (Plek played less games to be fair), and only doubled his point production, we should trade him for a 5th round pick then complain we don't have enoug size.
We drafted a center with offensive talent, we must trade a 2007 13th overall pick who is big with offensive talent and shown a great PK game!

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
We drafted a center with offensive talent, we must trade a 2007 13th overall pick who is big with offensive talent and shown a great PK game!
We can't have too many good players.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 11:54 AM
JSBach

Quote:
The LULZ when Eller becomes an untouchable by the end of next season. Most people will want to forget what they posted about him.
I've always liked Eller's game. He gives it all. Hope he's a Hab for life.

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
The LULZ when Eller becomes an untouchable by the end of next season. Most people will want to forget what they posted about him.
Absolutely. Like I said on the other thread about him, I can't believe there is so little Eller enthusiasts on this board. I thought he was our most promising player last year. His upside is higher than Pacioretty's, and he's not a one-dimensional player like Max is.

Very hard to predict what our lineup will be in 4 years because of our lack of depth at wings, but I can tell you one thing: Galchenkyuk will form his 1-2 punch with Eller, not with Plekanec/Desharnais/Leblanc. At least one of them will have been traded, most likely Plekanec because of his age.

As for the next 2 years or so, we could expect something like:

Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - Erik Cole
Lars Eller - Tomas Plekanec - Brian Gionta
Louis Leblanc - Alex Galchenkyuk - Brendan Gallagher

Until we realize Eller is much better at center.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:27 AM
WestIslander

I see the future being:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Kristo
Collberg - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Holland - Plekanec - Eller
Geoffrion - White - Conboy
Bournival

Gorges - Subban
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Ellis - Emelin
Thrower

Price

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:35 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

I think too many people are looking at this #1 center thing the wrong way, he'll be our number 1 centre because he'll be our best center, the same way Pacioretty is our number 1 LW because he's our best left wing, they don't need to play together unless were hurting for a goal

In all honesty I can see a future lineup looking like this

Collberg-Galchenyuk-Gallagher 1a
Pacioretty-Desharnais-xxxx 1b
Leblanc-Eller-Bournival
White-xxxx-xxxx

Subban-Tinordi
Beaulieu-Ellis
Gorges-Emelin

Price
Xxxx

You role the first two lines equally and spread the wealth between them

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:58 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

If we are building a bigger tougher team we should move Gallagher, I can't see how having him and Desharnais in the top six is a step forward.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:01 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
If we are building a bigger tougher team we should move Gallagher, I can't see how having him and Desharnais in the top six is a step forward.
no as a team we need more goal scoring, get tougher in the bottom six more skill in the top 6, couple it with pacioretty and another hard hitting goal scoring winger and will be fine. Look at the devils, they aren't exactly loaded with toughness in the top 6

Every year all the GM's say the same thing, we need more goal scoring, no ones just giving goal scorers away, let Brendan develop and see where we are in a few years.

Serge Savard even said this is going to be all about patience until the big contracts are done.

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Absolutely. Like I said on the other thread about him, I can't believe there is so little Eller enthusiasts on this board. I thought he was our most promising player last year. His upside is higher than Pacioretty's, and he's not a one-dimensional player like Max is.

Very hard to predict what our lineup will be in 4 years because of our lack of depth at wings, but I can tell you one thing: Galchenkyuk will form his 1-2 punch with Eller, not with Plekanec/Desharnais/Leblanc. At least one of them will have been traded, most likely Plekanec because of his age.

i think you've nailed the most important part of our future.. DD, Gionta, and Gallagher will play for us, but they need to be on separate lines. I do think however that we don't have to trade any of our centers in the near future... while Eller hasn't shown that his game will translate to a scoring winger, DD looks like he'll work out no matter what (so I think he should be turned into a playmaking winger rather than Eller)

Coach Brisebois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
I agree with you here.

I've always felt Gallagher will be the odd guy out and that was before we drafted Collberg, which can't be good for Gallagher's future here.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I agree with you here.

I've always felt Gallagher will be the odd guy out and that was before we drafted Collberg, which can't be good for Gallagher's future here.
now that aint true at all.. Gallagher will be ready (if given some time in the NHL to adjust) about the same time Collberg will be coming over.. which also coincides with Gionta's contract ending.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:56 AM
jwolf

My line-up for the 2014-2015 season (present assets only):

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Collberg
XXXX - Eller - Gallagher
Bozon - Plekanec - Leblanc
XXXX - Bournival - White

Tinordi - Subban
Beaulieu- Emelin
Gorges - Ellis
Thrower*

Thrower won't be on the team yet, but he'll be depth at some point that season.
Also, we still need some depth on the left side. I guess that's what trades and UFA acquisitions are for.

First PP unit:

Beaulieu - Subban

First PK unit:

Plekanec - Leblanc
Gorges - Ellis

Last edited by jwolf: 06-26-2012 at 12:07 PM.
jwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:59 AM
HabsSlappy

Leblanc - Eller - Gallagher
Bozon - Desharnais - Kristo/Bozon
Vail - Bournival - White

Subban - Gorges
Beaulieu - Tinordi
Emelin - Thrower
Ellis - Dietz

Price

Still lacking size and toughness at the forward position but I do like that we have some talent now.

HabsSlappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Teufelsdreck

I'll wait and see. There's too much missing data for meanngful projections two or three years into the future. Therrien could rearrange the lineup to his liking and events of July 1, 2012 might bring in new players, not to mention developments in February, June, and July of 2013 and the effect of serious injuries.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Brisebois View Post
now that aint true at all.. Gallagher will be ready (if given some time in the NHL to adjust) about the same time Collberg will be coming over.. which also coincides with Gionta's contract ending.
What do you mean by "that ain't true at all?"

I don't think there'll be a roster spot on the team for Gallagher with Leblanc, Collberg and Galchenyuk coming on board within the same timeframe.

He may get some playing time just to push the others and showcase him for a trade but that's about it. We have enough small players already and too many small players is no good especially if you want to add toughness.

A lot of posters here are fans of Gallagher but I'm not one of them or Gionta, for that matter.

Old
06-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Teufelsdreck

I'll wait and see. There's too much missing data for meanngful projections. Not only could Therrien rearrange the lineup but events of July 1, 2012 might bring in new players, not to mention developments in February, June, and July of 2013 and the effect of serious injuries.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
What do you mean by "that ain't true at all?"

I don't think there'll be a roster spot on the team for Gallagher with Leblanc, Collberg and Galchenyuk coming on board within the same timeframe.

He may get some playing time just to push the others and showcase him for a trade but that's about it. We have enough small players already and too many small players is no good especially if you want to add toughness.

A lot of posters here are fans of Gallagher but I'm not one of them or Gionta, for that matter.
Gionta's spot opens up a place for Gallagher.. leaving him and DD as the only smaller players. While we're waiting for Collberg.. Leblanc and Gallagher should have a chance. if Gallagher can't make it in the NHL by the time Collberg is ready than yeah, we will probably trade or whatever... but Gallagher seems to have what it takes, and we don't have the surplus of small players that we had. Two small players isn't too many. There will be three.. but not in the same year Collberg is coming over (not that Collberg or LL are small).

You don't add toughness by ignoring skill. You add toughness by insulating your non-tough players with tough/bigger players and then having skilled tough guys on the lower lines... people like Moen and White. Also by not having wimpy average sized guys.. like Gomez or Pleks back when he played like a girl. Also, if your small guys are able to fight through checks.. like Gionta and DD can... and hopefully Gallagher can (that will be the determining factor in regards to him staying in the NHL) then it isn't a problem (so long as you don't make smurf lines).

Pacioretty-DD-Cole
Bourque-Eller-Gionta
Leblanc-Plekanec-Palushaj
Moen-White-Gallagher
Staubitz

yeah not optimal (I do think Palushaj will start next year with us and Leblanc will be in Hamilton and who knows if we get Moen back) but those lines aren't going to get pushed around (the third line might, but they'd have to catch them first)... Palushaj is the one who's likely to be showcased, and it will be his spot that goes to Collberg.. Gallagher will inherit Gionta's.. and Kristo should end up here sooner or later.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Brisebois View Post
Gionta's spot opens up a place for Gallagher.. leaving him and DD as the only smaller players. While we're waiting for Collberg.. Leblanc and Gallagher should have a chance. if Gallagher can't make it in the NHL by the time Collberg is ready than yeah, we will probably trade or whatever... but Gallagher seems to have what it takes, and we don't have the surplus of small players that we had. Two small players isn't too many. There will be three.. but not in the same year Collberg is coming over (not that Collberg or LL are small).

You don't add toughness by ignoring skill. You add toughness by insulating your non-tough players with tough/bigger players and then having skilled tough guys on the lower lines... people like Moen and White. Also by not having wimpy average sized guys.. like Gomez or Pleks back when he played like a girl. Also, if your small guys are able to fight through checks.. like Gionta and DD can... and hopefully Gallagher can (that will be the determining factor in regards to him staying in the NHL) then it isn't a problem (so long as you don't make smurf lines).

Pacioretty-DD-Cole
Bourque-Eller-Gionta
Leblanc-Plekanec-Palushaj
Moen-White-Gallagher
Staubitz

yeah not optimal (I do think Palushaj will start next year with us and Leblanc will be in Hamilton and who knows if we get Moen back) but those lines aren't going to get pushed around (the third line might, but they'd have to catch them first)... Palushaj is the one who's likely to be showcased, and it will be his spot that goes to Collberg.. Gallagher will inherit Gionta's.. and Kristo should end up here sooner or later.
I don't like your 2nd and 3rd lines. I can see something like:

Moen - Pleks - Gionta
Eller - Galchenyuk - Leblanc (Bourque)
Even this isn't very good either but what can you do besides work with what you got.

If Gionta moves on in 2 years I think Collberg will be a better fit than Gallagher whether the open spot is on the 2nd or 3rd line. Unless Bourque really turns his game around I don't see him staying here very long either.

Old
06-26-2012, 02:06 PM
JSBach

Quote:
Gallagher is a Marty St. Louis-type player: small but tenacious. The kid is really talented and we would be stupid to move him now. We can make up for his lack of size in other areas. I just don't want us to do what Calgary did.

I posted a video of his highlights in the prospects thread, you should watch it.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1215701

Last edited by JSBach: 06-26-2012 at 02:19 PM.
JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
I don't like your 2nd and 3rd lines. I can see something like:

Moen - Pleks - Gionta
Eller - Galchenyuk - Leblanc (Bourque)
Even this isn't very good either but what can you do besides work with what you got.

If Gionta moves on in 2 years I think Collberg will be a better fit than Gallagher whether the open spot is on the 2nd or 3rd line. Unless Bourque really turns his game around I don't see him staying here very long either.
I didn't factor Galchenyuk in cuz there is no guarantee he plays for us next season. Like i said though.. the lines aren't meant to be good.. they are meant to illustrate that the small players aren't the problem. if Galchenyuk comes up.. Eller or DD has to go to the wing.. keeping DD/Gionta/Gallagher on three separate lines is the only important part of it

Old
06-26-2012, 03:03 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post

I'm an Eller enthusiast! I'd even move Alex to the wing to keep Lars at center.

Alex G-Lars E.-Gallagher
Pacioretty-DD-Collberg
Bozon-Plekanec-Leblanc
Geoffrion-Bournival-White

Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieau-Gorges
Emelin-Thrower

Price

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Bon Esprit

vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I see the future being:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Kristo
Collberg - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Holland - Plekanec - Eller
Geoffrion - White - Conboy
Bournival

Gorges - Subban
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Ellis - Emelin
Thrower

Price
This lineup will win you nothing.

Bon Esprit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bon Esprit View Post
This lineup will win you nothing.
not with those lines no.. but.. same lineup:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Desharnais - Eller - Collberg
Holland - Plekanec - Kristo
White - Bournival - Conboy
Geoffrion

Gorges - Subban
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Ellis - Emelin
Thrower

Price

is a bit better.. although Conboy is gone now, so it would be Schultz in his place

Old
06-27-2012, 12:50 AM
rockjngo

In 2-3 years

Pacorietty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Eller - Plekanec - Gionta
Collberg - Desharnais - Cole
Kristo - Bournival - White
Dumont, Geoffrion

Gomez, Bourque traded

Pac and Gally will make room for BG, this line is a combination of size, speed, and skills. I love to see Eller given an offensive role. This guy can score and use his size very well. Eller is better at center but he could be dynamite on LW. Again Ellie will create room for Plek and Gio. Cole seems to produce when he's playing with a talented center. Desharnais will have room playing on the 3rd line, I feel Davy is a great two-way center. Collberg showed flashes of Alfredsson like, if he can learn to play a two-way game I see great things from this Swed. I'm waiting for the arrival of Kristo who's taking forever. He's got speed and can score. Bournival is an excellent positional player, he's someone we hope to shut down other team's top line. White we all know he's a warrior. Add in Dumont (aka Darcy Tucker clone) and Geoffrion we have a very good group of forwards.

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Thrower, Ellis

Emelin played very well with Markov and they have some chemistry. I think Emmy will be a rock solid defensive dman who can make huge hits. Markov hopefully he'll return to his normal self and put up 50 points a season. Subban and Gorges have developed a good chemistry and these two will be rely on to shut down top lines. I don't expect Tinordi and Beaulieu to be elite but they will be very good players. Tinordi can make big hits and cover for Beaulieu. Mind you Beaulieu can play a very good defensive game and is consistant + 45, + 45 back to back seasons. Thrower I think will be a fan favorite.

Diaz, Weber traded

Price
Some guy

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:58 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I won't put up lineup since it will change a lot but there are some lines combination that would seem interesting.

Duo:
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk (American, fast, furious, skill complement each other)
Eller - Collberg (Scandinavian connection, both speak swedish, they would look great together)
Vail - Holland (elite shutdown pair)

Trio:
Bournival - Leblanc(we need him at center (right handed centers are too valuable) - Kristo (Fast, fast, fast & skilled)

defensive pair:
Gorges - Subban (why change something that is good?)
Tinordi - Thrower (Nasty, mean, hard hitting)
Beaulieu - Ellis (The offensive dynamo and the reliable defensive guy)

Jeffrey is online now   Reply With Quote