HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexander Semin

Closed Thread

Old
06-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Snipeshow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacoste View Post
Here is some good article about Semin:
http://hockeyanalysis.com/2012/06/15...ed-free-agent/
He's a beast.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post
Wish Vancouver pushes hard for Semin, even though there's no way Gillis would be open to even negotiating with him. We haven't really had a skilled winger with a nice shot since Naslund left (besides Sedin). He'd provide some needed secondary scoring.
Yes, and he's tough too! Just what Vancouver needs.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Peter Tosh

If I was a GM, I wouldn't give Semin more than a one year-deal. Some Russian players have a bad history when it comes to long term-deals, and that's a chance I wouldn't want to take. Make him prove he can play defense, train hard and show a winning attitude. If not, he could just as well play in Russia.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Kap-the-Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorntonfan97 View Post
I want SJ to sign Alex
If that happens I will buy his jersey within a week and post the picture here.... knowing DW's approach I don't see it.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

I would offer nothing more than 7m per year for 3 years

Old
06-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Famous Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Dallas will make a hard pitch for him.
I hope not. Would be a horrible signing for Dallas.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Harvey Specter
Boooooone

his character and effort concerns are way overblown. as a caps fan i was more concerned about his flat-out playing ability, which is not like it was. no doubt the talent is still there and he hustles too...but it doesnt translate. but ive got little doubt that it will if paired with the right center for a whole season (read: datsyuk).

Old
06-26-2012, 02:00 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossomeRwing View Post
I am hoping the Caps and Semin can work things out

I have alway been a fan of Semin's
Semin came to the Fairfax ice rink to play with some fellow Russians I thought that was really cool.

that being said there is no way the Caps can replace Semin IMO

the Caps need to make some trades and bring in a legitimate 2nd line center

How about this trade
Mike Green for Krejci

Boston powerplay was terrible last season
Krejci and Green salary would be a wash
Nah, no thanks. Green doesn't exactly fit Boston's style of play.

Old
06-26-2012, 02:01 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Feaster will be looking to make a splash come July, 1st. I could see him offering Semin more than any other team out there to acquire his services (ie. 3 years, 6 million per)
OT: I just imagined Feaster doing a cannon ball into a swimming pool. What a splash it would be..

Old
06-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Denning

Last friday, after the first round of the draft, Renaud Lavoie, from RDS, said that he spoke with McPhee and he was told that Semin is looking for a 5 to 7 years contract at 7M per year. Apparently, McPhee also said that he wasn't going to sign him for that much and that's why he traded for Ribeiro.

Old
06-26-2012, 02:34 PM
The Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
OR he could sign with a team that will be competitive for the next 10 years.

LOL really? Detroit & Pitt don't belong in the same sentence any more. Nice try..
You're right. One team has been the class act of the NHL for 20+ years and the other team is comprised of lottery pick players who embarrass themselves on the ice with their childish antics and are led a player who acts like someone just vomited on his prom dress.

Old
06-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

The Ribeiro addition and Oates coming in as a coach both seem like moves that will increase the odds of Semin staying in Washington. It gives him the long desired center to play with and a coach that has a good reputation with star players, including Semin's friend Kovalchuk.

Old
06-26-2012, 03:25 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
The Ribeiro addition and Oates coming in as a coach both seem like moves that will increase the odds of Semin staying in Washington. It gives him the long desired center to play with and a coach that has a good reputation with star players, including Semin's friend Kovalchuk.
you would hope... but unfortunately i dont see it now.

semin is a great player, thats gets to be the scapegoat all the time.

he was the BEST player under dale hunter. a coach that played a style that all the fans said semin could never play. He is the best playmaker behind backstrom. the best defensive forward behind backstrom. has one of the best passes on the team. has the best wrister. one of the best slappers. makes everyone around him better. a past 40 goal scorer. and has never had a 1b center. since hes a first line winger.

now bring in oates, hopefully, a more offensive minded coach, that just worked with kovy and theyre gonna let him walk for nothing? and most likely not replace him at all.

sign him 4 yrs 6 million each if thats what it takes.

id offer him 3 yrs 5 million ideally. I dont read much into that french tweet. all ive heard his agent say is a term over 2 years.

Old
06-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Tosh View Post
If I was a GM, I wouldn't give Semin more than a one year-deal. Some Russian players have a bad history when it comes to long term-deals, and that's a chance I wouldn't want to take. Make him prove he can play defense, train hard and show a winning attitude. If not, he could just as well play in Russia.
If Semin consistently playing excellent defense for the past 3 years hasn't proven that he can play defense, I'm not entirely sure what else he could do.

He'll always be the top scapegoat unless he straight up gets a Conn Smythe one year. Even then probably.

Old
06-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

I want to know what cash amount he's asking for. It's a tough call considering he has put up 40 goals including a 38 and 34 goal season to go with it (albeit during Ovie's hay-day), but he also put up numbers similar to Jiri Hudler last season. I'm thinking 6.0 mil per if it's short term, closer to 5.5 -5.75 if 3 or more years.

Old
06-26-2012, 04:09 PM
WarriorofTime

Semin not playing defense is the biggest myth out there in the hockey world. People just see Russian and assume no defense. I would take Semin defensively over Crosby 10 times out of 10 and yet Crosby's a "complete player" and Semin is a "defensive liability".

Old
06-26-2012, 04:19 PM
ThePsychicSaw

was a big hunter fan when he was n washington, even though I only watch this team for semin since fedorovs gone, and he didnt utilize semin well AT ALL.

semin was a great pker too.

yes the biggest myth there is semin is a defensive liability... maybe when hes on the ice with ovechkin since the captain is sir float, which I see affects backstrom on shifts and when semin is on that line too (which is so rare).

He didnt get the correct PP time with hunter either.

to see semin go, for nothing. and to have no one worthy replace him. all the while FINALLY a 2nd line center (1b center) in Ribeiro finally arrives and most likely a more offensive coach in Oates... is a god damn travesty.

I pray he signs in detroit and proves all the naysayers wrong.
whats also interesting is the lack of people potentially seeing him in pittsburgh... so many ex capitals have gone there last couple seasons.

dont want to see him in the khl at all, since fedorov has been gone hes the only player I've clinged too.

Old
06-26-2012, 04:41 PM
EdwardBlake
This is all a joke.

Don't care where he goes as long as it is not Pittsburgh.

Old
06-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Bure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictionzero View Post
Good for you!

Old
06-26-2012, 04:56 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictionzero View Post
When your team doesn't get Parise and signs Semin you'll probably be calling it a great signing.

Old
06-26-2012, 05:01 PM
FF de Mars

I hope he signs with the Habs. Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Semin ftw.

Old
06-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Snipeshow

I'm very happy to see more of the hockey world is realizing the stereotypes and assumptions of Semin are completely over blown and that he's been unfairly the scapegoat for many of the Capitals failures. He was the most consistent Capital under Hunter and he has been great defensively for a few years now.

Whoever signs him will be very happy.

Old
06-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Snipeshow

EDIT: woops.

Old
06-26-2012, 06:23 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksuperhero View Post
his character and effort concerns are way overblown. as a caps fan i was more concerned about his flat-out playing ability, which is not like it was. no doubt the talent is still there and he hustles too...but it doesnt translate. but ive got little doubt that it will if paired with the right center for a whole season (read: datsyuk).
This is what I am thinking, too. There are other centers that could compliment his game. I think Semin on the Sedin line would be workable. Can Semin convert saucer passes into shots? LOL!

The Canucks feel like they are only a bit of luck or a few tweaks from another cup run. If they were to add a sniper to the second line it might be Burrows, who has chemistry with Kesler. This leaves a spot open on the Sedin line.

Rome was the de facto bodygaurd for the Sedins on the recent Cup run. He has not been given an offer by Vancouver. Gillis must think the incoming personel have this covered. Weber?

Trading for Weber (I think it's Schnieder and Edler) and adding a Free Agent scorer would put the Canucks back into the mix, I'd have to think.

Old
06-26-2012, 06:34 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
This is what I am thinking, too. There are other centers that could compliment his game. I think Semin on the Sedin line would be workable. Can Semin convert saucer passes into shots? LOL!

The Canucks feel like they are only a bit of luck or a few tweaks from another cup run. If they were to add a sniper to the second line it might be Burrows, who has chemistry with Kesler. This leaves a spot open on the Sedin line.

Rome was the de facto bodygaurd for the Sedins on the recent Cup run. He has not been given an offer by Vancouver. Gillis must think the incoming personel have this covered. Weber?

Trading for Weber (I think it's Schnieder and Edler) and adding a Free Agent scorer would put the Canucks back into the mix, I'd have to think.
The fact you think Schnieder is what the Preds are looking for made me laugh. They already got rid of their backup to Tampa because the system is good enough and they have their number 1 moving forward. He has very minimal value to the Preds.

Kesler and Edler
Kesler +++
Edler +++

But those pluses are not your goalies.

Closed Thread