HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 4.0

Old
05-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13 View Post
Sorry to bother all of you but I had a small question. I'm in Montreal for the weekend and was wondering if any of you know of bars that may play the audio of the Rangers/Caps tomorrow and in particular, an English broadcast.

So far my best guesses have been Peel Pub or MVP but I was curious if you knew of others
Champs on St. Laurent

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:04 PM
SB164

My friends and I are looking go fishing for the day. I've never been fishing.

Do we need some sort of license? Any good spots near Montreal where we can rent a canoe and fish? We all own cars so transportation isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by SB164: 05-16-2012 at 09:16 PM.
SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:15 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
My friends and I are looking go fishing for the day. I've never been fishing.

Do we need some sort of license? Any good spots near Montreal where we can rent a canoe and fish? We all own cars so transportation isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance for the help.
I know nothing about fishing but maybe this website will help

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
I know its possible to do it from the st-laurents from some location around Montreal... But you really have to be a hardcore fan to do it, it would be like doing fishing in the Hudson river in New York... If you do catch a fish god knows what water was he surronded with.

There is hundreds of lakes at 1-2 hours of commute from montreal and many will offer great fishing experiences to pin-point one in particular is tricky for me since I've only fish when I was a child. Google Quebec, Monteregie region and fishing and you'll surely find some leads.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
I just got back from my bachelor party in Montreal this past weekend, and while most of the weekends activities won't be mentioned, Les Pyrenees on Saint Paul remains on the list of my favorite restaurants. Never disappointed there.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 09:48 AM
shakermaker

I have tickets to qualifying tomorrow for face value ($100 x 4) grandstand 12. If you're interested PM me.

shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 02:58 AM
Lucky Luke

I will be in Montreal on Monday.
I'm staying at a downtown hotel.
Where would be a fun place to watch the New Jersey-L.A. game other than a Cage aux Sports venue?

Thanks in advance.

Lucky Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:44 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Luke View Post
I will be in Montreal on Monday.
I'm staying at a downtown hotel.
Where would be a fun place to watch the New Jersey-L.A. game other than a Cage aux Sports venue?

Thanks in advance.
Do not go to la cage. Try station des sports. My favorite sports bar in montreal is PJ's, bit out of your way, though.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Did I just heard on Antichambre that Scott Gomez will be bought out within the next 2 weeks? I never really trust RDS and l'AC.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:16 PM
senators101

Hey guys, I'm making a day trip to MTL one day this week with a couple friends, just morning till night.

Where do we have to eat/shop? I'd like to visit a bar with some great beers, any recommendations? Are there any must-do activities? Thanks for the tips!

senators101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 05:23 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by senators101 View Post
Hey guys, I'm making a day trip to MTL one day this week with a couple friends, just morning till night.

Where do we have to eat/shop? I'd like to visit a bar with some great beers, any recommendations? Are there any must-do activities? Thanks for the tips!
verify the first page of this thread! U will find plenty of ideas for all the stuff you want to do in MTL

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 04:45 PM
senators101

Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
verify the first page of this thread! U will find plenty of ideas for all the stuff you want to do in MTL
Oh, I definitely went through that list before asking... and if I had time to do many things there, I would for sure. But on a day trip, I was hoping someone could give me the mustdo's.

Thanks for keeping that updated though, I'll definitely visit some of those on a longer trip there.

senators101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:08 PM
canadiansbronco

Quote:

Mcgibins on bishop has some good stuff for you're bar and it's open bar for 15 on wensday's,Mcleans pub on cresent is good to,L'amère a boire on st denis and St sulpice are cool place to hang and to shop you have to go on St-catherines

canadiansbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Snaggle
nice sauce

vCash: 300
Quote:
Oh, I definitely went through that list before asking... and if I had time to do many things there, I would for sure. But on a day trip, I was hoping someone could give me the mustdo's.

Thanks for keeping that updated though, I'll definitely visit some of those on a longer trip there.
Jazz Fest starts tomorrow, should check that out!

Snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Magic Stick

Hey guys, do you know a place (hotel/motel/auberge/whatever) where we can do a "sieste", like buying a room for 4-6 hours only for cheap (@Dtown MTL) ?

Thank you very much and have a great day !

Magic Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Stick View Post
Hey guys, do you know a place (hotel/motel/auberge/whatever) where we can do a "sieste", like buying a room for 4-6 hours only for cheap (@Dtown MTL) ?

Thank you very much and have a great day !
Hotels that charge by the hour? Bring your own sheets buddy!

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:32 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

Coming up to MTL at the end of the month. Have business in Burlington, VT but we want to drive up to and stay in MTL for a day/night. (seems like it's about a 2 hour drive).

Any recommendations on hotels/attractions/dining for someone who will be there for just one day? Seems like Old Montreal looks pretty interesting.

I know the OP has a list, just looking for some personal recommendations for a 35 year old guy and his girlfriend. Thanks in advance.

IceAce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 03:45 PM
HabsByTheBay

Hey guys.

What's the best hockey bar that's not a la Cage type place? I'm thinking more small, neighborhood, lots of old pictures covering the walls. I don't know how many of you guys have been to Boston, but think the Cask n Flagon or the Baseball Tavern before they got renovated. When they were kind of divey, had cheap beer, and mostly hardcore fans. THAT's the kind of place I'm talking about.

Also, any bars like that description which still have Expos stuff on the walls?

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:16 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Coming up to MTL at the end of the month. Have business in Burlington, VT but we want to drive up to and stay in MTL for a day/night. (seems like it's about a 2 hour drive).

Any recommendations on hotels/attractions/dining for someone who will be there for just one day? Seems like Old Montreal looks pretty interesting.

I know the OP has a list, just looking for some personal recommendations for a 35 year old guy and his girlfriend. Thanks in advance.
I'm gonna sound like a dick but since you're just asking for a general "what to do" honestly the OP covers pretty much all you need to start. They're good recommendations. But yes Old Montreal is nice. If she feels like shopping/walking, Sainte Catherine is fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsByTheBay View Post
Hey guys.

What's the best hockey bar that's not a la Cage type place? I'm thinking more small, neighborhood, lots of old pictures covering the walls. I don't know how many of you guys have been to Boston, but think the Cask n Flagon or the Baseball Tavern before they got renovated. When they were kind of divey, had cheap beer, and mostly hardcore fans. THAT's the kind of place I'm talking about.

Also, any bars like that description which still have Expos stuff on the walls?
Peel Pub fits what you describe I think.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:

Downtown has all the attractions needed for 1-2 day visit. You may want to check out just for laughs shows. http://www.hahaha.com/

Old
07-19-2012, 08:39 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
I'm gonna sound like a dick but since you're just asking for a general "what to do" honestly the OP covers pretty much all you need to start. They're good recommendations. But yes Old Montreal is nice. If she feels like shopping/walking, Sainte Catherine is fun.

Thanks although I guess I was more asking that out of the very detailed list of so many things by OP which ones would you HAVE to do if you were only in the City for 36 hours. Or in other words what's the restaurant you have to eat it when you're in the City, etc.

We got a hotel in Old Montreal and will likely check out a lot there.

IceAce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

Hey guys,

I'm visiting Montreal for the first time for a few days and I'm staying at the Holiday Inn on Viger Ave. I was wondering if there is anywhere to park nearby (long-term) that won't cost me $20 a day like the hotel valet will?

Matt4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 07:11 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Thanks although I guess I was more asking that out of the very detailed list of so many things by OP which ones would you HAVE to do if you were only in the City for 36 hours. Or in other words what's the restaurant you have to eat it when you're in the City, etc.

If you like meat, I would suggest Au Pied de Cochon. It is probably one of the best restaurants in the country. It is not for the faint of heart. You have to make a reservation though.

Close to Parc La Fontaine, so a little walk through the park and then a nice dinner at PDC would be a great evening IMO.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Mike8

Quote:

You've got to give us more of an idea of what you like, and your budget.

Click here for some restaurant recommendations earlier in this thread.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:09 AM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm visiting Montreal for the first time for a few days and I'm staying at the Holiday Inn on Viger Ave. I was wondering if there is anywhere to park nearby (long-term) that won't cost me $20 a day like the hotel valet will?
20$ a day in downtown mtl is about the cheapest you will find