HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Development Camp Round 2 (Thursday through Saturday)

Old
06-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
The invites are underwhelming but between all the new prospects and Pribyl this is still pretty exciting.

Pribyl is listed as 6'4" and 200lbs?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:48 PM
kojiro

With so many drafted prospect and guys already signed for next year it might not be a bad idea to have less invitees around, these camp used to be kinda chaotic at times with a ton of kids who had no business being there like the Testwuide brothers...

kojiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Not a Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
We'll see what this Lane is all about. Don't get the Oligny invitation but he surely impressed them at the Habs combine 'cause he was there and is coming back now. I obviously would have love to see more people like 1 or 2 on my list buy hey, it's every year the same....

Will be attending Thursday or Friday, we'll see.

I’m curious to know if any of the guys we ended up drafting attended the Habs combine?

Not a Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not a Fish View Post
I’m curious to know if any of the guys we ended up drafting attended the Habs combine?
Galchenyuk and Hudon

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:35 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stubs
UPDATE: #Habs dev camp Brossard, on ice, open to public: Thurs 4-6 pm; Fri 10:30 am-noon, 4:30-6 pm; Sat 10:30 am-noon, 4:30-5:30 pm
For those who are interested

LaurentHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:49 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Galchenyuk and Hudon
Wasn't Thrower there as well?

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Wasn't Thrower there as well?
No he wasn't there

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 03:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
We'll see what this Lane is all about. Don't get the Oligny invitation but he surely impressed them at the Habs combine 'cause he was there and is coming back now. I obviously would have love to see more people like 1 or 2 on my list buy hey, it's every year the same....

Will be attending Thursday or Friday, we'll see.
What do you think of the goalies they invited? I know they can't play in Hamilton this season but I my new saying is they can't be worse then Mayer, so would be interesting to see them sign one of them if they show something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Pribyl being at this type of camp for the 2nd time in 2 weeks is intriguing to me...is he coming over to the CHL? Did the staff see something they did not like the last time he was here in June
Pribyl turns 20 in December so if they were bringing him over I would think it's more for the AHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Maxime Lagace is one of the goalies attending the U-20 Canada camp, so he cant obviously be that bad of a goalie?

Pribyl attending twice is intriguing. Either they are showcasing him for a CHL team or are contemplating signing him and using him in Hamilton this season?
Good to know on Lagace. There was something from Jodoin when he was still the Hamilton coach, saying that the Habs wanted to bring Pribyl over this summer but I didn't know if he was saying they would or he hoped they would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The import draft is tomorrow, a day before this camp begins, so that would probably not be the reason unless something is already worked out between a CHL team and Pribyl.
From what I heard last year, CHL teams were interested in bringing him over but the cost was too high. Perhaps something could have changed as he played 3 games in the elite league that previous season (his draft year) so maybe at the time he thought he would be a regular the following season but with him playing in only 17 games in the elite league perhaps he would lower his demands.

We'll see if he gets picked tomorrow, my guess would be on Hamilton if he's signed but either way getting him in North America would be cool to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
the best way to do it would be like Engqvist, sign him and leave him there one more year as it would be hard to get him ice time in Hamilton with the young crop of forwards. Unless ECHL is an option.
That could work as well, now that they created some room with the 50 contract limit, it won't hurt losing his spot unless management has plans on bringing in several players to get us close to the limit again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Not to mention Pribyl would be an overager. I think he stays with the Sparta Praha then comes to the AHL next season. I think the 2nd invite is the Habs management trying to get a good look at him and evaluate whether he's worth a contract or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If he has a shot as an overage Euro the onlt team I could see it with would be maybe Sherbrooke, they are allowed to have 5 20 year olds this year and it's doubtful they can draft two high end 17-18 year old Euros(Moncton has their 1st pick, #1 overall), so grabbing a guy like that to help put butts in the seats and pressure off the 16 and 17 year olds would be a solid addition.
That's interesting, didn't know that Sherbrooke can carry 5 OA's. That could work if they were willing to pay whatever his demands are.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Top Corner2

This Thursday? Anybody have a link to a schedule or something. I'll go down for a day at some point...

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 04:22 PM
NotProkofievian

I'm interested to see what happens with Pribyl after this camp. It is interesting that he's here twice. Did he go home after the first one?

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 04:25 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
This Thursday? Anybody have a link to a schedule or something. I'll go down for a day at some point...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stubs
UPDATE: #Habs dev camp Brossard, on ice, open to public: Thurs 4-6 pm; Fri 10:30 am-noon, 4:30-6 pm; Sat 10:30 am-noon, 4:30-5:30 pm
For those who are interested

LaurentHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Jimmy Oligny Looks like a goon. 165 pims last year.

Always targetting the midgets, though. Fiesty ones...

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 07:36 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Will we get some insight into what numbers these players will carry for pre-season

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Mue

Quote:
Will we get some insight into what numbers these players will carry for pre-season
Dave Stubbs posted a list that included their numbers.

Galchenyuk is wearing 27.

http://yfrog.com/esob2idj

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Dave Stubbs posted a list that included their numbers.

Galchenyuk is wearing 27.

http://yfrog.com/esob2idj
..... Get the **** outta here.

Would be highly symbolic if he kept it. And I think Kovalev would like this, good for his ego.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 07:43 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Why the **** does Felix Girard get Gallys number...

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
..... Get the **** outta here.

Would be highly symbolic if he kept it. And I think Kovalev would like this, good for his ego.
Because Kovalev wore it last? No similarities in playing style or anything...

Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 07:49 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Isn't Bourque wearing 27 anyway?

OMG

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Isn't Bourque wearing 27 anyway?

OMG
Yes. Yes he is.

Someone please tell me someone is wearing 11 and 91, just to cover all bases.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Le CH

I'll be in Montreal later this week and was wondering if anyone knew how to get to the Brossard complexe from downtown by public transit? Is it a long commute?

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:03 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Why the **** does Matthew Lanes has #51? That's Desharnais.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le CH View Post
I'll be in Montreal later this week and was wondering if anyone knew how to get to the Brossard complexe from downtown by public transit? Is it a long commute?
From bonaventure metro station, go to the AMT bus station(1 floor up from the metro), go to the south deck, hop on an express towards Chevrier station(circuit 90), walk to the complex.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Le CH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
From bonaventure metro station, go to the AMT bus station(1 floor up from the metro), go to the south deck, hop on an express towards Chevrier station(circuit 90), walk to the complex.
Thank you my friend...

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:

The **** man.. Just for that I hope he fails at hockey.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
What do you think of the goalies they invited? I know they can't play in Hamilton this season but I my new saying is they can't be worse then Mayer, so would be interesting to see them sign one of them if they show something.
I think that Lagacé is a really nice invitee. But I'm not too high on Marcoux though like it was said, he has a say in the Juniors run in the playoffs, it's not solely based on Houle's teaching. What Marcoux lacks in technique, he has in heart and hard work. Maybe with a little time, we never know. It is a good bet to have him on board to see by themselves how much work it needs to be done. But potential wise, Lagacé seems the better prospect. Let just say though that goalies aren't my strenght. I once thought that Heino-Lindberg looked awfully good. And needless to say that after having Mayer has a ND in his draft year, this freakin guy changed my mind in a development camp....Somehow i was fooled though. Nicola Riopel was there and was seen as a much better prospect. Somehow, on that camp, Riopel looked like a Quattrochi type of prospect while Mayer looked very good....probably the best till that day. Anyway....I still believe we could have done way more. Whether some goalies aren't invited...whether other teams were faster than us.

But no Makarov, Bartosak, Palazzeze, Machovsky, Houser, Will, Pavelka, or even Trudeau is puzzling to me. Again, I'm not stating all of these guys are heroes, I mean I've seen all these guys and aside from Houser, I can say that I've witnesses some pretty bad games from most of them. But I've seen good games as well. With the pool that we have....I'll tell you, I'd have a camp like the goalies summer schools that exists everywhere....

Or why not in the NCAA like most of the teams are doing? How about Volkening? Chris Noonan? Troy Grosenick? Garrett Bartus? Of course the answer is, that they didn't like any of them. Could be. But at one point, we will need to be proactive as far as our goalie depth is concerned.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote