HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Drew Doughty Cleared of Sexual Assault Charges

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 06:43 PM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
I really don't want to blame Doughty for not being careful. Seriously, do they have to think "is this woman going to accuse me of ****?" before they have sex with anyone. That just seems really sad.
I don't think it is so much about having a checklist for before getting action, it's more about the situations you place yourself in. The kid is a wealthy superstar athlete, why is he hanging at a skank bar in the South Bay? He should have people that help keep the randoms and crazies away from him in public.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Wooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Any female that falls into bed with a guy she just met at a bar should realize that she means only one thing to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
Apparently there is surveillance video of them at the bar. If they're looking happy together, we know her story is not accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Isn't it a given that women who go to bars hunt for men who will sleep with them? They should be the last ones to file rap.e charges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
But false allegations should lead to jailtime.Most likely after he woke up and told her it was a mistake(one night stand),then it became r.a.p.e.A lot of women nowadays are predators but because there are no consequences they have no fear of getting caught.
Oh my.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

According to Doughty's attorney, a decision is expected tomorrow.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ected-tuesday/

How stupid this web site **** out that word. Now I can't link the particular article.

Go this link, then scroll down. *sigh*

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/

Old
06-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
According to Doughty's attorney, a decision is expected tomorrow.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ected-tuesday/

How stupid this web site **** out that word. Now I can't link the particular article.

Go this link, then scroll down. *sigh*

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/
The link works fine, you just have to replace the word **** with ****. You know, the act that a rapist would perform. Still makes me laugh that the word rapist is okay, but **** is not.

Old
06-26-2012, 07:59 PM
MynameisKing

So, any word on this? Let's get this past us. This is the only rain cloud hanging over our heads this summer. Damn government employees always move so slow!

Old
06-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisKing View Post
So, any word on this? Let's get this past us. This is the only rain cloud hanging over our heads this summer. Damn government employees always move so slow!
Word now is late Wednesday or Thursday. It's starting to sound like Drew's contract negotiations.

Old
06-26-2012, 08:57 PM
MynameisKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Word now is late Wednesday or Thursday. It's starting to sound like Drew's contract negotiations.
So, the D.A. is gonna hold out and drag this out to the start of the season LOL!

Old
06-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

They can take as long as they want, they don't have to make a decision at all.

They can basically wait until February 28, 2018. That is when the six-year statute of limitations runs out on this particular crime (non-aggravated sexual assault).

At that time, they can choose to file or just let the case drop.

In other words, they can wait as long as they want, if they feel the wait will result in credible evidence presenting itself in that time period.

Old
06-26-2012, 09:50 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Drews lawyer needs to shut up.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

This feels like the Kovalchuk drama all over again.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User

vCash: 498
Quick and Drew will hold a press conference. One signed and one cleared.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:45 PM
Asheru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Drews lawyer needs to shut up.
This.

Old
06-27-2012, 11:28 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post
Oh my.
I don't get the Oh my as it is related to my comment, but your welcome to the high ground I suppose if there is any.

Old
06-27-2012, 12:34 PM
INGLEWOOD JACK

Stoll, Richards and Carter really need to hook this kid up with some reputable puck bunnies.

Old
06-27-2012, 12:44 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown

Quote:
I don't get the Oh my as it is related to my comment, but your welcome to the high ground I suppose if there is any.
I think it's because your comment (and the others) perpetuates the "it's the woman's fault" point of view. It's an assumption too many people make. Just because a woman gets in bed with a man doesn't automatically mean sex. I hope he's innocent, but at this point we know nothing, so let's not assume one way or another.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:29 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
I think it's because your comment (and the others) perpetuates the "it's the woman's fault" point of view. It's an assumption too many people make. Just because a woman gets in bed with a man doesn't automatically mean sex. I hope he's innocent, but at this point we know nothing, so let's not assume one way or another.
**** is never a woman's fault. My statement that any woman that falls into a bed (voluntarily) after just meeting the man should know that she only means one thing to him is valid.

Old
06-27-2012, 03:02 PM
HeadInjury

There was a case in California where a couple were having consensual sex. During the act, she said "I should be going now" and "I need to go home." She never said "stop". He finished and was convicted of ****. Issue on appeal was whether her statement was sufficient to withdraw consent. The court ruled it was. Most people wouldn't lump him in with the typical rapist, but he should have stopped. So the law is pretty clear that anyone can withdraw consent at any time and consensual acts can become unconsentual ones.

With regard to this forum, I don't think most of the posters here are saying it's the woman's fault. I think most of us are putting aside political correctness and just applying common sense to the information we have. Maybe it's not the full story. But the version of events being attributed to her is simply implausible.

Old
06-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
There was a case in California where a couple were having consensual sex. During the act, she said "I should be going now" and "I need to go home." She never said "stop". He finished and was convicted of ****. Issue on appeal was whether her statement was sufficient to withdraw consent. The court ruled it was. Most people wouldn't lump him in with the typical rapist, but he should have stopped. So the law is pretty clear that anyone can withdraw consent at any time and consensual acts can become unconsentual ones.

With regard to this forum, I don't think most of the posters here are saying it's the woman's fault. I think most of us are putting aside political correctness and just applying common sense to the information we have. Maybe it's not the full story. But the version of events being attributed to her is simply implausible.
This.

Actually, your last sentence there is quite telling, as I have read several different versions of what is reported to have happened.

The truth of the matter is we DON'T know what happened, because the reporting has been so sketchy. There have been contradictions reported as to where the "event" actually took place, his home or her home. There has also been contradictions reported as to where his teammates laughed him, the bar, or his home.

I have actually read these same contradictions in the SAME news story.

So since the reporting has been so sketchy, I don't think any of us can rightly come to any realistic conclusions as to what might have happened or not happened until we hear the D.A. decision's in this matter.

Old
06-27-2012, 04:54 PM
SMoneyMonkey

I hate stuff like this. There's so much wrong with it now. I hope Doughty is innocent, there's of course always the possibility that he isn't (just as there would be for Nick Lidstrom or anybody.) And if that's the case than the woman is really brave for bringing forth the charges.

That said, charges like this would be taken more seriously if the vast majority of them didn't fall under the categories that they do. I do find that men don't take these charges as seriously as they should but, women often completely disrespect the subject with the charges they do press.

I've had to tell a few friends that they were wrong about wanting to press charges. I obviously lost those friends. But, "I woke up and realized I wouldn't have slept with him if we were sober" isn't always sexual assault.

And to be honest, those cases aren't nearly that bad compared to money/fame grabs.

I had hoped to avoid posting in this topic because it hits home a bit hard. A really good friend of mine refused to push charges because she knew she'd be attacked and her case was about as serious as they come.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:03 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
**** is never a woman's fault. My statement that any woman that falls into a bed (voluntarily) after just meeting the man should know that she only means one thing to him is valid.

I know right ? It's taboo in this day and age to say a Women made a mistake.

Women are just as perverted and predatory as men. Look at all the female school teacher rapists that are popping up.

A lot of it has to do with ( they got off on charges easy due to gender).

But a state like Florida has had enough, they just put some woman away for 40 years ( toughest on record). Prior to that Women were getting a slap on the wrist; some were even allowed to go back and teach

Women want to be equal, that's fine but the bad parts of being equal need to apply as well.

Just because you are Female, doesn't mean you are the Victim all the time.

Last edited by damacles1156: 06-28-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old
07-18-2012, 05:14 PM
EmperorPenguin

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/18/la-kin...investigation/

Dougthy cleared finally.

Old
07-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Face Wash

Craig Renetzky meet Gloria Allred, Gloria, meet Craig... enjoy your settlement lunch, it's on DD8

Old
07-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorPenguin View Post
Not really cleared, they just declined to file.

A legal distinction, to be sure. A filing can always be made in the future, but its highly doubtful, given the fact pattern reported in the media.

Hopefully Drew can finally put this behind him, if he was disturbed by it at all in the first place.

Old
07-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Craig Renetzky meet Gloria Allred, Gloria, meet Craig... enjoy your settlement lunch, it's on DD8
Ha ha, good one.

Old
07-18-2012, 05:53 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Not really cleared, they just declined to file.

A legal distinction, to be sure. A filing can always be made in the future, but its highly doubtful, given the fact pattern reported in the media.

Hopefully Drew can finally put this behind him, if he was disturbed by it at all in the first place.
I would like to think it bothered Doughty and that he learned something from it.

Closed Thread