HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wojtek Wolski

Old
06-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Looked like he was going to figure it out and turn it around after his first game here, but nope. Glad we're not going to re-up him, he can be good in the SO, useless in the playoffs.

06-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

a bag of pucks will suffice

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Pual Statsny
Overpaid, overrated

If he wanted to be, he could be a top 15 player in the league. He has Kopitar's skill with 1/8th of the will. Loved his on games for the Avs, didn't know he was playing otherwise.

Pual Statsny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:06 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Soft and lazy. Deals TERRIBLY with adversity. If one little doesn't go his way, his entire game snowballs out of control until he demands a trade. Mental midget.

06-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Mouse21*

a true shame, only a couple guys have better hands than Wojtek, but youd never know it.

id have rather kept him than traded for mueller (not if mueller stayed healthy though lol)

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:14 PM
SoupyFIN
#character

vCash: 0
Nothing else has to be said:

Good riddance.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Justin St Pierre

It says on Wikipedia that he assaulted and caused bodily harm to a man in defense of his girlfriend. Maybe he should start dating his teammates...

Also says there that he was traded for "a Michael Vernace." I would have at least asked for two if I had been the Rangers.

I was just looking to see what kind of numbers he put up in Florida since I lost sight of him after he left New York. Now I understand how that happened with such ease.

Not a guy I'd be adding to anyone's any line.

Justin St Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:18 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Good hands, good skater, decent shot but nothing to tremble at. Loses defensive assignments through the neutral zone often, doesn't backcheck well ( either gets beat or picks up the wrong man often). Just doesn't protect the puck well or come away from board scrums with possession. He doesn't necessarily avoid the tough areas, but he's never there to bat in a loose puck in the crease either.

Can pass pretty well, and can find the open option when he has the puck, but is more prone to missing the net trying to be cute looking for a deflection.

He's a top 6 styled player if your bottom six is meant to forecheck and d'up. But outside of mini-offensive bursts and 2 game tears, he's often invisible. You really don't want WW on your top PP. he's just not a super slick passer, possession guy, nor can his shot really "bring it".

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomehomeSmytty View Post
Interesting i'm curious to hear from Avs fans now because from what I remember he was tough to play against his first few seasons there. I clearly remember the 08/09 season he laid some massive hits on the oilers. Maybe he's just better suited the WC?
Fairly certain I remember something coming out that he had problems in his personal life (divorce or gf breaking up with him?) not long before we traded him. He really just fell off a cliff after leading up to us trading him. Temporarily did well for the Yotes, then he jumped again.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:05 PM
bohlmeister
Amazingly Randy

It is funny. A year before he was traded from Colorado, and maybe even that season I kept saying that Wolski was basically Tyler Arnason 2.0. Obviously lots of Avs fans said I was an idiot and he was more like Marc Savard and Marty St Loius. Just a late bloomer.

Still waiting for this polish flower to bloom.......

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Drij

He would be perfect for Toronto, a soft floater.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote