HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Fayne out with wrist surgery for 3-4 months

Old
06-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Semak

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Sadly I thought Larsson looked the absolute best right before the Subban hit, and his injury. That's when he started looking really good. He wasn't bad before that. He was getting top minutes.
He was having a confidence spurt and that hit and subsequent injury derailed him. But again, 19 and still learning.

Semak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:08 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
He was having a confidence spurt and that hit and subsequent injury derailed him. But again, 19 and still learning.
But at least he learned a very important lesson there...the hard way.

And that will make him a better player in the long run.

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Hell Zeon*
Captain Kovalchuk******

Larsson's rookie year was not bad at all. He is the smartest D-man on the ice. He literally sees the ice with amazing vision and every move is just so calculated and smart. He had a pretty good year and when he faced a small bad stretch he got benched for it. He had a much better rookie year than Fayne at the very least and I thought he was better except Fayne just never experienced that bad stretch this year. Anyway, Larsson's rookie year still proved to me that he not only will be a #1 Dman, but most likely will be in the HOF in the future and he'd literally have to experience the worst injury in the world to not reach that. You can't teach Larsson's smarts to any player, and only few D-men in the NHL have it.

Hell Zeon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 09:14 PM
JimEIV

Fayne never had problems with his gaps, he never had problems with time and space in general. Part of it is due to age, another part part of is Larsson getting used to the north American ice surface and game...Larsson wasn't prepared for what he encountered this season ...a 4 year NCAA player is inevitably going to be better and Fayne was. Last year as well.

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:21 PM
None Shall Pass
Got Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
What kind of coffee are you drinking with 1.25 is my question
My cart guy charges $1 for a hot cup that is unmatched. He brews Egyptian stuff though so that might be it.

His iced coffee is $2 though, but that's about going rate.

He also gives me life advice.

He's a good guy.

None Shall Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:26 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by None Shall Pass View Post
My cart guy charges $1 for a hot cup that is unmatched. He brews Egyptian stuff though so that might be it.

His iced coffee is $2 though, but that's about going rate.

He also gives me life advice.

He's a good guy.
I'll give you life advice for free...but you'll never be the same.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:27 PM
None Shall Pass
Got Carter

I have a hard time seeing how anyone can argue with Dr. StrangeLove about this. Fayne was better than Larsdawg in almost every aspect this year. In future years, this will change. We all know this. But Fayne was a better choice 100% this year.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:28 PM
None Shall Pass
Got Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
I'll give you life advice for free...but you'll never be the same.
Bring it Beardo I ain't scared a ya

Old
06-26-2012, 10:41 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by None Shall Pass View Post
Bring it Beardo I ain't scared a ya
The first life lesson we all have to learn at some point is that we aren't important. We aren't special or different. And the only way to enrich our lifes is through experiences. It's a tough lesson that many of us can't get passed.

There are bigger things than ourselves. I found there is no better way to learn how really insignificant we are than to spent some time in the wilderness where you are truly nothing more than than another organism. Its only then you realize that your loved ones, your relationships, your honor and loyalty make you who are.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:49 PM
None Shall Pass
Got Carter

Quote:
The first life lesson we all have to learn at some point is that we aren't important. We aren't special or different. And the only way to enrich our lifes is through experiences. It's a tough lesson that many of us can't get passed.

There are bigger things than ourselves. I found there is no better way to learn how really insignificant we are than to spent some time in the wilderness where you are truly nothing more than than another organism. Its only then you realize that your loved ones, your relationships, your honor and loyalty make you who are.
The existentialist in me loves the first paragraph.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:52 PM
JimEIV

Extremism in defense of virtue is no vice...somebody said that Tj Guilitti or something.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:59 PM
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think some would be surprised how much the Devils would get for Fayne if they hypothetically put him on the market.

Seeing his rise these past two years has been awesome. And he was great last year too but he was better this year because he played against better competition.

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Fayne, and Henrique are big examples to me of how we've done possibly better with later round picks in the last few years than 1st rounders.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
I think some would be surprised how much the Devils would get for Fayne if they hypothetically put him on the market.

Seeing his rise these past two years has been awesome. And he was great last year too but he was better this year because he played against better competition.
thats what I dont think people understand. he is usually out there against the best competition from the other team.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:00 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
But anyway....My prediction :

Larsson takes Fayne's place. Just a hunch.
They won't take each other's place. Both will be on the defence for several years.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:53 AM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
You can drop the insults and labels along with the authoritarian tone any time now. It's getting old and going to get you in trouble if it continues.
No thanks. Responding in a snide, dismissive tone is just as bad.

SteveCangialosi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:04 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Fayne, and Henrique are big examples to me of how we've done possibly better with later round picks in the last few years than 1st rounders.
I see what you're saying, but in a way, you have a higher chance of getting players out of the later rounds simply because there's more of them. Say two of your last 4 1st-rounders pan out, but you get like 7 or 8 players in the 2nd or later from those four drafts. It SEEMS like you're drafting better in the later rounds, but really you're 50% on 1st-round picks and you're like 30% in the later rounds.

Larsson's good, Josefson should be good, then it's Tedenby and Corrente who might not be. Other than those first round picks, who is there? Fayne, Henrique, who else? Everyone else is a first rounder, undrafted, a trade/signing, or in the farm system.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:23 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

What I'm saying is we've sucked with first rounder. Adam Larsson 4th overall pick don't count. Josefson should be good but that's one in how many. Tedenby I don't see anything becoming of him. If there is then I'm glad he proves me wrong, and I hope he doesn't, but I didn't like what I saw the half season he played here with us. It was really bad. His defensive game is non existent, and his offense was not good enough to make up for it. Corrente probably has no NHL future. Can't say anything about him one way or the other.

What I'm saying is the players to help us most this season were later draft picks, and I'll also say undrafted players like Andy Greene, and Clarkson.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:55 AM
Devil X
Next man up!

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
What I'm saying is we've sucked with first rounder. Adam Larsson 4th overall pick don't count. Josefson should be good but that's one in how many. Tedenby I don't see anything becoming of him. If there is then I'm glad he proves me wrong, and I hope he doesn't, but I didn't like what I saw the half season he played here with us. It was really bad. His defensive game is non existent, and his offense was not good enough to make up for it. Corrente probably has no NHL future. Can't say anything about him one way or the other.

What I'm saying is the players to help us most this season were later draft picks, and I'll also say undrafted players like Andy Greene, and Clarkson.
It hasnt been as bad as u might think. If you go back to 03 4 of our 7 first round picks seem to be ok. Parise, Zajac, Larrson, and Josefson. Bergfors and Corrente appear to have busted out. Still waiting on Tedenby. If Tedenby ends up working 5 out of 7 is just fine. But we will have to wait and see.

Devil X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:28 AM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:

Love u, Jimbo.

JerryGigantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Richer's Ghost
Mr. Ferguson to you

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryGigantic View Post
Love u, Jimbo.
I want to see JG camping it up with Jim sometime.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:46 AM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:

Tell that to this intern that works here please. I can't wait for this wave to disappear so I can have some authority versus this one having "seniority" by a week and being all entitled.

Entitled people bug the **** out of me. Do your **** and stop *****ing please. Ironic considering what I'm doing right now, but I never had problems like this with kids in my grade or older. If the CEO tells me to clean the fish food, I'll clean it. So if she asks you to set up for a meeting, do it.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:57 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
They won't take each other's place. Both will be on the defence for several years.
I was referring to IF Fayne missed some time due to his injury/surgery....

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Fayne will never get a fair shake from some because he's not Kris Letang at the other end of the rink.

For every one flubbed shot at the other team's blue line, there's ten excellent defensive plays.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
Fayne will never get a fair shake from some because he's not Kris Letang at the other end of the rink.

For every one flubbed shot at the other team's blue line, there's ten excellent defensive plays.
Yeah I'm shocked that he gets so much **** from fans. It's not really on this site but on FB and Twitter he is the most hated Devil, I'm pretty sure. The man is a rock back there so idk if I'm watching a different game than these morons.

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote