HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eklund Rumours Thread: Enter at your own risk v3.0

Old
06-25-2012, 07:38 PM
The Doors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
Agreed, not sure if SJ would let him go.
I'm holding out hope that they pick up Nash to play with Thornton and need to move a contract

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:40 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Has eklund ever been right about anything?

And yet Incarcerated Bob is not allowed to be discussed, and he frequently scoops everyone...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 07:55 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
Agreed, not sure if SJ would let him go.
With the right picks or prospects maybe SJ would do it, but i doubt it as they are going to try for a cup run this upcoming season and Clowe is one of their best player in the PO.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Teufelsdreck

Some people habitually assume that whenever another team needs to unload players because of cap problems they would turn first to the Habs.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:08 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post

And yet Incarcerated Bob is not allowed to be discussed, and he frequently scoops everyone...
Agreed 100%

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 08:11 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Some people habitually assume that whenever another team needs to unload players because of cap problems they would turn first to the Habs.
They wish more than they assume.

Old
06-25-2012, 10:50 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
They wish more than they assume.
You're probably right. You know the saying, "The wish is father to the thought."

The posters who wish for gems to be thrown at the Habs for practically nothing are deceiving themselves. If the players in question are truly gems, they would be retained as long as possible. The Habs shouldn't expect to get an Iginla, a Parise, or a Suter for practically nothing. Instead, they're offered a Rene Bourque. IMO Parise will be re-signed before he's traded and then the Devils would expect full value in return. Same for the others.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:22 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Pavelski is younger and clutcher. Also he can play both wings and center.

Gomez + Bourque + Kaberle for Pavelski + Clowe + Vlasic? Seems faire to me!
clutcher? i reallydon't think so.... one of the main reasons why they are ready to trade him out of there is because of his past playoff performances.

and just by looking at stats, if in your opinion joe is clutch, then plekanec is at the very least equally as clutch.

and then there's the whole "i can shut down your entire line" thing that joe doesn't do.

trading for joe is fine, but not if it is to replace tomas

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:31 AM
habsfanatics

Quote:

Not an eklund fan, but he most definitely called Lang to Montreal, maybe even a year ahead of time. He had been repeating it over and over and everyone laughed at him, same for Tanguay and I believe Mathieu Schneider. He's wrong 99% of the time though.

I would say incarcerated Bob's success/failure rate is every bit as bad as Eklund's though.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:47 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Not an eklund fan, but he most definitely called Lang to Montreal, maybe even a year ahead of time. He had been repeating it over and over and everyone laughed at him, same for Tanguay and I believe Mathieu Schneider. He's wrong 99% of the time though.

I would say incarcerated Bob's success/failure rate is every bit as bad as Eklund's though.
Actualy his Lang scoop was from Yvon Pednault who had a short stint at the time with Hockeybuzz.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:50 AM
shutehinside

Quote:

IC should sponsor the site. I'm sure he's become a "legitimate" source if he did.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:

Incarcerated Bob is worse than Eklund. At least Eklund predicted the Mike Richards trade.

IB, on the other hand, guaranteed that Gomez would be gone after the all-star break. Immediately unfollowed on twitter.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:51 AM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Actualy his Lang scoop was from Yvon Pednault who had a short stint at the time with Hockeybuzz.
Not sure. All I know was he kept repeating it for almost a year until it happened. I give him credit for this one.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

A lot of people have a hard time understanding his rumors. If he says "Montreal talking to San Jose about Pavelski" it doesn't mean we're getting Pavelski, it means we're interested. He catches the rumors before they become facts, so a lot of the rumors he hears end up not happening. I'm sure he has a lot of sources who are involved with the teams, and they tell him stuff like who they're interested in and what they're trying to do but it doesn't always pan out.

I'm not sucking up to him but these are hockey rumors we're talking about, it's what were on this site for, to read about hockey, so I don't understand all the hate. Even if a lot of the rumors don't pan out, it's still fun to talk about the possibilities.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:56 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Not sure. All I know was he kept repeating it for almost a year until it happened. I give him credit for this one.
Pednault broke the Lang deal on the radio before Hockeybuzz talked about it, a couple hours later Eklund makes it a rumor on hockeybuzz. At the time Pendanult was writing articles on hockeybuzz.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:59 AM
The Doors

Eklund just reports everything he hears. Obviously knows a decent amount of people around the league and throws it on ihs website to make money.

There's no harm in it. People who complain are probably just jealous that he gets to make cash by writing about what we waste our time talking about on a message board.

Read it (or don't) and have some fun when you see the Habs pop up. Not everything that GMs talk about is going to happen, or there'd be trades weekly.

It's like being in the grocery line, you look at the magazines and see the babes on the cover, just don't put too much stock in the stories.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:33 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:

as the biggest ek basher on this board, I will point out with Bob--if you know where to look ie HockeyWorld from the Edmonton journal and the paper from Ft Lauderdale, you know where Bob gets his so called breaking news from.

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Stradale

Quote:

He was (one of) the first to report that Jeff Carter was traded from PHI to CLS. Everybody was laughing at him because Richards was traded just moments before.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:50 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
He was (one of) the first to report that Jeff Carter was traded from PHI to CLS. Everybody was laughing at him because Richards was traded just moments before.
the BJS held an Eklund night as well previously

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:54 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
A lot of people have a hard time understanding his rumors. If he says "Montreal talking to San Jose about Pavelski" it doesn't mean we're getting Pavelski, it means we're interested. He catches the rumors before they become facts, so a lot of the rumors he hears end up not happening. I'm sure he has a lot of sources who are involved with the teams, and they tell him stuff like who they're interested in and what they're trying to do but it doesn't always pan out.

I'm not sucking up to him but these are hockey rumors we're talking about, it's what were on this site for, to read about hockey, so I don't understand all the hate. Even if a lot of the rumors don't pan out, it's still fun to talk about the possibilities.
Totally agree. He writes time and time again these are things he hears from sources and are only rumours. Don't like them - ignore him.

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:08 AM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:

Well, in 2005 he broke the Peter Bondra to Atlanta signing one week early, that's when I started following him a bit. He might have had one or two other deals right since, but that's the last one I recall. Let's not give him too much credit though, Bondra was skating at the Atlanta facility for a while.

http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.ca/2005...tlanta-e5.html
http://www.tsn.ca/story/print/?id=136779

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:23 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Keep the discussion to eklund rumors, guys. Thanks.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:34 PM
groovejuice

Eklund tying the Habs to both Yandle and Kovalchuk.

If true, there should be several players moving. Hate Kovalchuk's contract, but would love to see him in Montreal.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Jigger77

Yandle here would be absolutely amazing. Don't see why Pheonix would trade him though.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Yandle here would be absolutely amazing. Don't see why Pheonix would trade him though.
Because they have a great young core of D's coming up and i'm sure they wouldn't mind dumping some money

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote