HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs qualify 10 players

Old
06-26-2012, 10:13 PM
brokentwigg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
Always thought there was 3 zones but meh, what do I know. I'll defer to you, judging from your last posts and tone you seem like quite the connaisseur.
Connaisseur...very nice...love the term!! I don't consider the neutral zone a zone...technically...LOL!!

brokentwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:14 PM
brokentwigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
Thats right Gallagher is my hometown boy! But seriously, Gallagher plays a tougher more physical game than Enqgvist. I'd tame Gallagher anyway over him. Gallaghers upside is so much higher than Engqvist. I've wasted too much tie talking about a guy who will never make our Habs lineup. Btw I'm in north delta Gallagher is from Tsawassen/south delta. Yup there's 2 deltas

I know all about the Delta...my fave player back in the day was Gary Nylund...LOL...tough as nails!!

Old
06-26-2012, 10:18 PM
hotcarle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
You're exactly right. We picked him up for nothing basically, and he had some tools that could have made a difference if he stayed healthy and had a chance to mesh with the bottom 6 guys. But, given his past with Bergevin, and the fact that he was injured and unproductive for a stretch last year, I'm not surprised Bergevin chose not to qualify him at this point. Thought he had some potential, but there's really no room for him moving forward anyway.
Well technically, we traded Ryan Russell for him...whom we traded Marcel Hossa for...who was 16th overall in 2000....but asset management only goes back so far.

hotcarle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokentwigg View Post
There are very gifted players when they have the puck but the do not have the deisre, intensity or forresight to play away from it!! Hock is about offense and defense...you just proved my point, you don't believe there is a game within a game when the other team has the puck. Every player has both defensive and offensive responsibilities...there are two zones! As I said...great with the puck.....but not when he doesn't have it! That is what makes a true NHL player....unless you are a superstar and can score 40+ goals...

Leblanc is by far the most intelligent player on the habs prospect list and to some point on the NHL club..

There's a reason Plekanec is so great defensively, he has incredible vision and he see's the ice like no other. Same with Carbonneau, he saw the ice and thought the game faster than anybody at his time, that's why he was so great.

Leblanc's understanding of the game is this high.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:25 PM
brokentwigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Leblanc is by far the most intelligent player on the habs prospect list and to some point on the NHL club..

There's a reason Plekanec is so great defensively, he has incredible vision and he see's the ice like no other. Same with Carbonneau, he saw the ice and thought the game faster than anybody at his time, that's why he was so great.

I never, ever, ever said that he was not good with the puck..and he is a very intelligent player.....not disputing that. Read my post again and you will see that!! Scott Gomez is also a very intelligent player.....so is Palushaj, Markov, Subban et al. Players have different attributes that they bring to the team...but you cannot survive being a one dimensional player unless you can go out and score 40 goals. Even Ovechkin was asked to be more defensive minded and he had to adjust his game...this from one of the purest goal scorers in the game today!!

I don't give a rat's a$$ who plays for them....as long as they contribute!! And if they beat the Leafs, well, that is a bonus!!!

Old
06-26-2012, 10:27 PM
brokentwigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post

And in saying that....you have to admit that Engqvist's hockey sense is right up there with Leblanc!! As I see it now...Engqvist is the better ALL ROUND player...just my opinion...being a connaisseur and all...LMAO

Old
06-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Thats right Gallagher is my hometown boy! But seriously, Gallagher plays a tougher more physical game than Enqgvist. I'd tame Gallagher anyway over him. Gallaghers upside is so much higher than Engqvist. I've wasted too much tie talking about a guy who will never make our Habs lineup. Btw I'm in north delta Gallagher is from Tsawassen/south delta. Yup there's 2 deltas
Well, since you're the expert, you go ahead this summer and teach Gallagher how to play centre, lol. Seriously, L2Troll.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcarle View Post
Well technically, we traded Ryan Russell for him...whom we traded Marcel Hossa for...who was 16th overall in 2000....but asset management only goes back so far.
Exactly, but you do have a point. Two trades back is sometimes more reflective of a player's yet-unknown potential, etc, etc. I consider Russell as "nothing", basically, so I'm guilty of exaggeration, obviously.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Well, since you're the expert, you go ahead this summer and teach Gallagher how to play centre, lol. Seriously, L2Troll.
how on earth is that trolling? I bet youd rather have Enqgvist than Galalgher on your team. Pretty intelligent fan you are. But hey Im just a troll. ENQGVIST over Gallagher, thats so laughable.

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
how on earth is that trolling? I bet youd rather have Enqgvist than Galalgher on your team. Pretty intelligent fan you are. But hey Im just a troll. ENQGVIST over Gallagher, thats so laughable.
So, next time the Habs call up a player, even if it's to cover for a centre, you want it to be Gallagher. Got it. Troll on.

Quote:
Keep Enqgvist in Hamilton. Ill stick by my arguement that he is slow and and soft. Funny thing is, any fan that does a mock lineup doesnt have Enqgvist in the line up. Yeah we're just fans but most fans of the habs will tell you he has zero chance of being a Montreal Canadiens regular. Im sure he is great depth for Hamilton though and each team needs 50 contracts. When there are call up as there always is Im hoping its Gallagher over that slug!

Old
06-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
I'm having trouble seeing Gallagher as our 4th line center...a role which people see Engqvist perhaps filling (depends on how he improves over the summer and develops).

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:35 PM
Zorba

do you even know what trolling means or just like thrwoing out the word. Bournival will get a look before Enqgvist as would Loius Leblanc is they we re at a jam at centre. But hey youre the 15000 post man, you must know everything about the Habs. Lets call up a guy with no future with the habs instead of letting WHITE, LEBLANC or BOURNIVAL play their natural centre positons. Troll on big boy, troll on

Old
06-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I'm having trouble seeing Gallagher as our 4th line center...a role which people see Engqvist perhaps filling (depends on how he improves over the summer and develops).
White, Leblanc or Bournival will play centre before they call up Enqgvist. Gallagher nearly made the team last year. Leblanc will more then likely pay wing, so in case of injury will probably slot into centre

Old
06-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
do you even know what trolling means or just like thrwoing out the word. Bournival will get a look before Enqgvist as would Loius Leblanc is they we re at a jam at centre. But hey youre the 15000 post man, you must know everything about the Habs. Lets call up a guy with no future with the habs instead of letting WHITE, LEBLANC or BOURNIVAL play their natural centre positons. Troll on big boy, troll on
Sorry, I'm used to identifying what seems to be uneducated bashing coupled with fanboy tire pumping as "trolling". My bad?

And yeah, maybe any of those guys will eventually beat out Engqvist for that 4th centre position. But seriously, you're getting up in arms about the Habs choosing Engqvist as someone to throw a qualifying offer. Nokes is being dropped (because he's not worth blocking prospect development), so who exactly is the 4th line centre right now? Quick, get rid of options! LOL.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Sorry, I'm used to identifying what seems to be uneducated bashing coupled with fanboy tire pumping as "trolling". My bad?
so Im bashing Engqvist now? Im simply stating he is not good enough and is not in the future of this team to be even considered. The Habs are going young, that obvious. So why not give our future a look instead of Enqgvist. Im sure you watc a lot of habs games as I do, and in the games he played, the guy was invisible. Rather have Leblanc, White or Bournival getting centre ice time over him

Old
06-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
White, Leblanc or Bournival will play centre before they call up Enqgvist. Gallagher nearly made the team last year. Leblanc will more then likely pay wing, so in case of injury will probably slot into centre
Hmmm how exactly would you know that not only will a rookie AHLer Bournival will outplay Engqvist and get a spot over him but Leblanc and White will be converted back to center if there's an injury? That's a heck of a lot of assumptions you're making.

I don't understand why you're making such a big deal out of keeping a big young center who's upside is a bottom 6 forward and downside is a top 6 AHLer.

Old
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
so Im bashing Engqvist now? Im simply stating he is not good enough and is not in the future of this team to be even considered. The Habs are going young, that obvious. So why not give our future a look instead of Enqgvist. Im sure you watc a lot of habs games as I do, and in the games he played, the guy was invisible. Rather have Leblanc, White or Bournival getting centre ice time over him
I'm gonna quote this one more time for you:

Quote:
Keep Enqgvist in Hamilton. Ill stick by my arguement that he is slow and and soft. Funny thing is, any fan that does a mock lineup doesnt have Enqgvist in the line up. Yeah we're just fans but most fans of the habs will tell you he has zero chance of being a Montreal Canadiens regular. Im sure he is great depth for Hamilton though and each team needs 50 contracts. When there are call up as there always is Im hoping its Gallagher over that slug!

Old
Zorba

Quote:

And yeah, maybe any of those guys will eventually beat out Engqvist for that 4th centre position. But seriously, you're getting up in arms about the Habs choosing Engqvist as someone to throw a qualifying offer. Nokes is being dropped (because he's not worth blocking prospect development), so who exactly is the 4th line centre right now? Quick, get rid of options! LOL.
As of right now, ill say they sign a UFA centre. Bergevin and Therrien like bigger more robust guys. Personally id rather have White at centre with Moen and a Staubitz type player on other wing. A lin of the guys that can play hard and grind the other team down

Old
06-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Zorba

Quote:
I'm gonna quote this one more time for you:
so by quoting you think he has a chance of being a regular next year? is that what you are saying?

Old
06-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
so by quoting you think he has a chance of being a regular next year? is that what you are saying?
Okay, just once more for you, with everything distracting erased for you:

Quote:
he is slow and and soft.
he has zero chance of being a Montreal Canadiens regular.
that slug!
Quote:
so Im bashing Engqvist now?
IMO, yes. And thus trolling, lol.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
I don't think we're reading the same thing.

Anyways I think you're overreacting to something that means very little. Engqvist is center depth. He may or may not make the Habs out of camp. Either way he'll be an asset for the organization as a whole.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Okay, just once more for you, with everything distracting erased for you:

IMO, yes. And thus trolling, lol.
Wow If he becomes a regular Ill personally buy you a #63 Enqgvist jersey.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I don't think we're reading the same thing.

I think you're overreacting to something that means very little. Engqvist is center depth. He may or may not make the Habs out of camp. Either way he'll be an asset for the organization as a whole. ?
My whole point is he is wont be a regular for the Habs. He will be centre depth in the AHL. I dont see him centring the 4 th line

Old
06-27-2012, 12:10 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Wow If he becomes a regular Ill personally buy you a #63 Enqgvist jersey.
Even if he plays only 30 games as a Habs he will have served his purpose. In fact even if he plays less than 10 games but centers the 1st or 2nd line in Hamilton he'd be useful for the organization.

Not every player you sign needs to become NHL stars, in Engqvist's case he's decent depth in case we can't get a good 4th line center or if the 4th line center is injured. There is no point in calling up Bournival or Leblanc for that role and Dumont (a more likely option on the 4th line in the future) might not be ready either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba
My whole point is he is wont be a regular for the Habs. He will be centre depth in the AHL. I dont see him centring the 4 th line
Injuries happen quite often and being prepared for them is how teams succeed. Lack of preparation and reliance on unproven assets, like the Habs did last year, is how you end up with 3rd overall draft picks.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Well it's up to the coaches and Engqvist if he makes the team or gets called up.

Does this mean you agree he has use for the organization? Not sure why you replied to me with:

Quote:
Seriously? ReAlly? Engqvist is completely freakIng useless. He was so underwhelming when he played it was unreal. The man shows ZERO. Slow as molasses and never hits. I hope he leaves to go to europe
when I suggested retaining him was a good thing.