HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Interesting Info: Part XII (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-06-2012, 05:12 PM
  #276
Robert
BOB
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,044
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
AP gives Nikitin an 'A'... I haven’t paid too much attention to his ratings but I was interested in this one. He and Tyutin have really clicked, now just get him signed..

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...ers/index.html

Robert is offline  
Old
06-06-2012, 05:20 PM
  #277
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
AP gives Nikitin an 'A'... I haven’t paid too much attention to his ratings but I was interested in this one. He and Tyutin have really clicked, now just get him signed..

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...ers/index.html
I agree we have to sign him;just hope it doesn't become a case of overpaying for too long based on one good season. Don't think we have a choice though.

EspenK is online now  
Old
06-06-2012, 05:26 PM
  #278
Robert
BOB
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,044
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I agree we have to sign him;just hope it doesn't become a case of overpaying for too long based on one good season. Don't think we have a choice though.
He's better than Methot and he's making 3 million, Howson will have to start there.

Robert is offline  
Old
06-06-2012, 05:30 PM
  #279
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
He's better than Methot and he's making 3 million, Howson will have to start there.
I may be wrong but I don't think you go 3 + mill for one good year.

Just cause he overpaid and went too long on Mason, Brassard,Umbie(based on last year) doesn't mean he should keep doing it.

He's RFA so if there is no agreement does it go to arbitration?

EspenK is online now  
Old
06-06-2012, 06:45 PM
  #280
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
He's better than Methot and he's making 3 million, Howson will have to start there.
I don't think he goes for that much. Methot got his on a longer term deal in his 3rd contract. I believe we "bought" a couple UFA years in his contract. Nikitin is an interesting case. he's only played 102 NHL games and only 50 or so were at a high level of production. Unfortunately he's a UFA after next year. I think it has to be a 3 year deal which means buying 2 years of UFA. Probably an escalator like Methot but I don't think it goes as big. Methot started at $2.2MM and goes up to $3.75MM (OUCH!).

I think Nikitin gets 3 years - $1.8MM, $2.3MM, $2.9MM. Excellent if he continues to develop, tradeable if he stagnates, not too big if he bombs.

Xoggz22 is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 07:25 PM
  #281
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,390
vCash: 200
Season ticket sales up 13%. I'm sure people will gripe that it's due to the ASG, but seats paid for are seats paid for.

Quote:
Browne said ticket sales are up approximately 13 percent over last year at this time.

“Things are going actually well,” he said. “Renewals are better than expected. I think a lot of that is attributed to the All-Star game.”

Fans who visit BlueJackets.com or call 1-800-NHL-COLS for ticket packages for next season are able to get special access to the 2013 NHL All-Star game in Columbus, depending on what they purchase. Browne said the special promotion “has certainly helped us.”
http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/18/1...%3bfeedID=3724

SuperGenius is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 07:51 PM
  #282
Speedy Sanderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
Season ticket sales up 13%. I'm sure people will gripe that it's due to the ASG, but seats paid for are seats paid for.



http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/18/1...%3bfeedID=3724
No doubt the ASG is helping, but this confirms that Jacket fans are some of the most loyal (some might say gullible) in the NHL. Very few teams not called the Leafs, Rangers or Habs could sustain the attendance the Jackets have during our decade of suck. If you check out the attendance figures for the Blackhawks, Pens, Bruins, etc., you'll see they bottomed out lower than the Jackets in terms of average attendance during their down years in the earlier part of the decade. If this team ever gets good, I really think Columbus is going to have a rocking barn like we did in the first couple years.

Speedy Sanderson is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 12:43 PM
  #283
Viqsi
"They're back."
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,095
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Sanderson View Post
No doubt the ASG is helping, but this confirms that Jacket fans are some of the most loyal (some might say gullible) in the NHL. Very few teams not called the Leafs, Rangers or Habs could sustain the attendance the Jackets have during our decade of suck. If you check out the attendance figures for the Blackhawks, Pens, Bruins, etc., you'll see they bottomed out lower than the Jackets in terms of average attendance during their down years in the earlier part of the decade. If this team ever gets good, I really think Columbus is going to have a rocking barn like we did in the first couple years.
Our time will come. Oh yes. Our time will come.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 04:14 PM
  #284
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,797
vCash: 500
Bobby Ryan back on the block says Bob Mack

CBJBrassard16 is online now  
Old
06-22-2012, 09:41 AM
  #285
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,339
vCash: 500
Because a couple somebodies stopped updating Blog Rakers there is now Suck Rakers

http://www.suckrakers.com/blog/

Skraut is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 10:20 AM
  #286
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,797
vCash: 500
MT @garylawless: Canucks and former #CBJ coach Scott Arniel finalizing deal for him to take job as hc of AHL's Chicago Wolves #bn #nhl

wtf? didnt he take a Sharks job?

CBJBrassard16 is online now  
Old
06-22-2012, 10:20 AM
  #287
Hipster Letestu
Registered User
 
Hipster Letestu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Westerville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
MT @garylawless: Canucks and former #CBJ coach Scott Arniel finalizing deal for him to take job as hc of AHL's Chicago Wolves #bn #nhl

wtf? didnt he take a Sharks job?
Dave Maetzold tweeted last night that Arniel completely denied that report.

Edit - found it

Quote:
Dave Maetzold ‏@DMaetzMedia
Just ran into former #CBJ coach Scott Arniel in Pittsburgh. He says reports of his hiring in S. Jose are not accurate. #NHLDraft

Hipster Letestu is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 10:27 AM
  #288
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
MT @garylawless: Canucks and former #CBJ coach Scott Arniel finalizing deal for him to take job as hc of AHL's Chicago Wolves #bn #nhl

wtf? didnt he take a Sharks job?
Put up the Big Top! "Nash to San Jose watch" back on!

KeithBWhittington is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 01:10 PM
  #289
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."
 
CBJSprague24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 52mi from the Nat
Country: United States
Posts: 6,817
vCash: 500
Useless trivia time.

Every CBJ deal with ties to Antoine Vermette involved a goalie:
-Vermette to Columbus for Pascal Leclaire and a 2nd
-Vermette to Phoenix for Curtis McElhinney and picks
-Sergei Bobrovsky to Columbus for picks including a PHX 4th from the Vermette deal.

CBJSprague24 is offline  
Old
06-26-2012, 11:17 PM
  #290
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat
 
Nanabijou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,434
vCash: 500
The Light the Lamp blog had been inactive for awhile, and I noticed the domain is now parked by GoDaddy.

Has he retired the site? Finally had enough of Howson and company?

Nanabijou is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 12:33 AM
  #291
Viqsi
"They're back."
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,095
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
The Light the Lamp blog had been inactive for awhile, and I noticed the domain is now parked by GoDaddy.

Has he retired the site? Finally had enough of Howson and company?
Certainly wouldn't be missed. The only irrelevance and suck deathspiral ever associated with the Jackets bigger than LTL would've been that of Steve Mason.

Viqsi is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 05:58 AM
  #292
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,042
vCash: 500
For Viqsi- Just in case you missed this from a fans blog on The Cannon

RJ Umberger is a great guy, but he's really a plus third line forward. Other teams have learned to make him carry the puck into his zone, and his stick skills simply aren't up to it on the top six. On a top team, he's a third line winger. His goals come at the net, or when he has space. When Boone Jenner is ready to anchor the third line, Umby will be the perfect linemate to create a dangerous checking line. His character and willingness to go to the net make him valuable, but the team won't be really dangerous until he occupies the third line.

Now ducking -

EspenK is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:08 AM
  #293
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Certainly wouldn't be missed. The only irrelevance and suck deathspiral ever associated with the Jackets bigger than LTL would've been that of Steve Mason.
You're still chapped over LOFT, Viqsi. Yes, LtL is shut down and I, for one, will miss his contributions. I do hope that he'll return to posting on the boards, now that he's not doing the full-time blogging bit.

pete goegan is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:19 AM
  #294
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
You're still chapped over LOFT, Viqsi. Yes, LtL is shut down and I, for one, will miss his contributions. I do hope that he'll return to posting on the boards, now that he's not doing the full-time blogging bit.
As I will.... I kind of have a mixed sentiment about John to tell the truth, didn't actually much care for his posting days around here, but I thought he really did a stellar job with the work he did for the Blog and the protest....

Dark Blue Jacket continues to give decent reads though.

KeithBWhittington is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:49 AM
  #295
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 12,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
The Light the Lamp blog had been inactive for awhile, and I noticed the domain is now parked by GoDaddy.

Has he retired the site? Finally had enough of Howson and company?
i was out with him a few weeks ago, he's just trying to level his head about the team and taking some time away...lots of family things in his life

Fro is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 08:00 AM
  #296
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,301
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
I was just starting to dip my toes back into the reading lots of CBJ blogs, too when I noticed the lack of updates.

The guy and later his contributors had at least a post every single day for years. That's a grind. It's a bigger grind when it's not your job, and just a hobby. I'll tip my cap in respect for the hard work he logged in through the years.

Matthew is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 08:31 AM
  #297
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I was just starting to dip my toes back into the reading lots of CBJ blogs, too when I noticed the lack of updates.

The guy and later his contributors had at least a post every single day for years. That's a grind. It's a bigger grind when it's not your job, and just a hobby. I'll tip my cap in respect for the hard work he logged in through the years.

Agreed, I make a video or two a year, and that even seemed like too much work for a long time this season. I'm working on something now, but totally understand how apathy and frustration can destroy your desire to promote a team. Especially when you don't agree with the direction the team is taking the way LTL was.

Wish him the best, hope my mistake at the end of last season wasn't what pushed him over the edge. Still feel horrible about that.

Skraut is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:36 AM
  #298
Viqsi
"They're back."
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,095
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
For Viqsi- Just in case you missed this from a fans blog on The Cannon

RJ Umberger is a great guy, but he's really a plus third line forward. Other teams have learned to make him carry the puck into his zone, and his stick skills simply aren't up to it on the top six. On a top team, he's a third line winger. His goals come at the net, or when he has space. When Boone Jenner is ready to anchor the third line, Umby will be the perfect linemate to create a dangerous checking line. His character and willingness to go to the net make him valuable, but the team won't be really dangerous until he occupies the third line.

Now ducking -
Oh, please. Puckhandling and playmaking is so very not his job. His job is to protect the puck make space for folks who make those sorts of plays. That's where smaller skilled guys like, oh, maybe Brassard and Atkinson come into play.

Whoever wrote that is now free to follow up with info on how many teams have the depth to be able to carry a 50-55 point 20-goals-per-year forward on the third line. (Hint: None. Zero, zip, nada. Not a single damned one.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
You're still chapped over LOFT, Viqsi. Yes, LtL is shut down and I, for one, will miss his contributions. I do hope that he'll return to posting on the boards, now that he's not doing the full-time blogging bit.
LOFT simply put a name to complaints I'd had for some time. The guy was a great cheerleader, but that's it. No rational analysis whatsoever. His last significant act was to accuse the Jackets of a conspiracy in announcing the All-Star Game on the same day of the protest in order to "minimize" it.

Viqsi is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 10:08 AM
  #299
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
His last significant act was to accuse the Jackets of a conspiracy in announcing the All-Star Game on the same day of the protest in order to "minimize" it.
When was the last time that the next year's ASG site was announced during All-star weekend? Its not the NHL's way to "steal the spotlight", its professional courtesy, like not announcing big trades or coaching hires during the Finals.

To dismiss it totally is just naive, Viqsi.

KeithBWhittington is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 10:12 AM
  #300
Samkow
Global Moderator
We got a...
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Random Red Couch
Country: Colombia
Posts: 12,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I was just starting to dip my toes back into the reading lots of CBJ blogs, too when I noticed the lack of updates.

The guy and later his contributors had at least a post every single day for years. That's a grind. It's a bigger grind when it's not your job, and just a hobby. I'll tip my cap in respect for the hard work he logged in through the years.
Any truth to the rumor that the blog raker is doing 20 years in a Colombian jail for a drug deal gone bad?

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.