HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Interesting Info: Part XII (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Robert
BOB

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
AP gives Nikitin an 'A'... I haven’t paid too much attention to his ratings but I was interested in this one. He and Tyutin have really clicked, now just get him signed..

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...ers/index.html

Old
06-06-2012, 05:20 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
AP gives Nikitin an 'A'... I haven’t paid too much attention to his ratings but I was interested in this one. He and Tyutin have really clicked, now just get him signed..

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...ers/index.html
I agree we have to sign him;just hope it doesn't become a case of overpaying for too long based on one good season. Don't think we have a choice though.

Old
06-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Robert
BOB

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I agree we have to sign him;just hope it doesn't become a case of overpaying for too long based on one good season. Don't think we have a choice though.
He's better than Methot and he's making 3 million, Howson will have to start there.

Old
06-06-2012, 05:30 PM
EspenK

Quote:
He's better than Methot and he's making 3 million, Howson will have to start there.
I may be wrong but I don't think you go 3 + mill for one good year.

Just cause he overpaid and went too long on Mason, Brassard,Umbie(based on last year) doesn't mean he should keep doing it.

He's RFA so if there is no agreement does it go to arbitration?

Old
06-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
I don't think he goes for that much. Methot got his on a longer term deal in his 3rd contract. I believe we "bought" a couple UFA years in his contract. Nikitin is an interesting case. he's only played 102 NHL games and only 50 or so were at a high level of production. Unfortunately he's a UFA after next year. I think it has to be a 3 year deal which means buying 2 years of UFA. Probably an escalator like Methot but I don't think it goes as big. Methot started at $2.2MM and goes up to $3.75MM (OUCH!).

I think Nikitin gets 3 years - $1.8MM, $2.3MM, $2.9MM. Excellent if he continues to develop, tradeable if he stagnates, not too big if he bombs.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:25 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 200
Season ticket sales up 13%. I'm sure people will gripe that it's due to the ASG, but seats paid for are seats paid for.

Quote:
Browne said ticket sales are up approximately 13 percent over last year at this time.

“Things are going actually well,” he said. “Renewals are better than expected. I think a lot of that is attributed to the All-Star game.”

Fans who visit BlueJackets.com or call 1-800-NHL-COLS for ticket packages for next season are able to get special access to the 2013 NHL All-Star game in Columbus, depending on what they purchase. Browne said the special promotion “has certainly helped us.”
http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/18/1...%3bfeedID=3724

Old
06-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Speedy Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
Season ticket sales up 13%. I'm sure people will gripe that it's due to the ASG, but seats paid for are seats paid for.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/18/1...%3bfeedID=3724
No doubt the ASG is helping, but this confirms that Jacket fans are some of the most loyal (some might say gullible) in the NHL. Very few teams not called the Leafs, Rangers or Habs could sustain the attendance the Jackets have during our decade of suck. If you check out the attendance figures for the Blackhawks, Pens, Bruins, etc., you'll see they bottomed out lower than the Jackets in terms of average attendance during their down years in the earlier part of the decade. If this team ever gets good, I really think Columbus is going to have a rocking barn like we did in the first couple years.

Old
06-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Sanderson View Post
No doubt the ASG is helping, but this confirms that Jacket fans are some of the most loyal (some might say gullible) in the NHL. Very few teams not called the Leafs, Rangers or Habs could sustain the attendance the Jackets have during our decade of suck. If you check out the attendance figures for the Blackhawks, Pens, Bruins, etc., you'll see they bottomed out lower than the Jackets in terms of average attendance during their down years in the earlier part of the decade. If this team ever gets good, I really think Columbus is going to have a rocking barn like we did in the first couple years.
Our time will come. Oh yes. Our time will come.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
06-19-2012, 04:14 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Bobby Ryan back on the block says Bob Mack

Old
06-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Skraut

Because a couple somebodies stopped updating Blog Rakers there is now Suck Rakers

http://www.suckrakers.com/blog/

Old
06-22-2012, 10:20 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

MT @garylawless: Canucks and former #CBJ coach Scott Arniel finalizing deal for him to take job as hc of AHL's Chicago Wolves #bn #nhl

wtf? didnt he take a Sharks job?

Old
06-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
MT @garylawless: Canucks and former #CBJ coach Scott Arniel finalizing deal for him to take job as hc of AHL's Chicago Wolves #bn #nhl

Dave Maetzold tweeted last night that Arniel completely denied that report.

Edit - found it

Quote:
Dave Maetzold ‏@DMaetzMedia
Just ran into former #CBJ coach Scott Arniel in Pittsburgh. He says reports of his hiring in S. Jose are not accurate. #NHLDraft

Old
06-22-2012, 10:27 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post

Put up the Big Top! "Nash to San Jose watch" back on!

Old
06-22-2012, 01:10 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Useless trivia time.

Every CBJ deal with ties to Antoine Vermette involved a goalie:
-Vermette to Columbus for Pascal Leclaire and a 2nd
-Vermette to Phoenix for Curtis McElhinney and picks
-Sergei Bobrovsky to Columbus for picks including a PHX 4th from the Vermette deal.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

The Light the Lamp blog had been inactive for awhile, and I noticed the domain is now parked by GoDaddy.

Has he retired the site? Finally had enough of Howson and company?

Old
06-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
The Light the Lamp blog had been inactive for awhile, and I noticed the domain is now parked by GoDaddy.

Certainly wouldn't be missed. The only irrelevance and suck deathspiral ever associated with the Jackets bigger than LTL would've been that of Steve Mason.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:58 AM
EspenK

For Viqsi- Just in case you missed this from a fans blog on The Cannon

RJ Umberger is a great guy, but he's really a plus third line forward. Other teams have learned to make him carry the puck into his zone, and his stick skills simply aren't up to it on the top six. On a top team, he's a third line winger. His goals come at the net, or when he has space. When Boone Jenner is ready to anchor the third line, Umby will be the perfect linemate to create a dangerous checking line. His character and willingness to go to the net make him valuable, but the team won't be really dangerous until he occupies the third line.

Now ducking -

Old
06-27-2012, 07:08 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Certainly wouldn't be missed. The only irrelevance and suck deathspiral ever associated with the Jackets bigger than LTL would've been that of Steve Mason.
You're still chapped over LOFT, Viqsi. Yes, LtL is shut down and I, for one, will miss his contributions. I do hope that he'll return to posting on the boards, now that he's not doing the full-time blogging bit.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:19 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
You're still chapped over LOFT, Viqsi. Yes, LtL is shut down and I, for one, will miss his contributions. I do hope that he'll return to posting on the boards, now that he's not doing the full-time blogging bit.
As I will.... I kind of have a mixed sentiment about John to tell the truth, didn't actually much care for his posting days around here, but I thought he really did a stellar job with the work he did for the Blog and the protest....

Dark Blue Jacket continues to give decent reads though.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:49 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post

i was out with him a few weeks ago, he's just trying to level his head about the team and taking some time away...lots of family things in his life

Old
06-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
I was just starting to dip my toes back into the reading lots of CBJ blogs, too when I noticed the lack of updates.

The guy and later his contributors had at least a post every single day for years. That's a grind. It's a bigger grind when it's not your job, and just a hobby. I'll tip my cap in respect for the hard work he logged in through the years.

Old
06-27-2012, 08:31 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I was just starting to dip my toes back into the reading lots of CBJ blogs, too when I noticed the lack of updates.

The guy and later his contributors had at least a post every single day for years. That's a grind. It's a bigger grind when it's not your job, and just a hobby. I'll tip my cap in respect for the hard work he logged in through the years.

Agreed, I make a video or two a year, and that even seemed like too much work for a long time this season. I'm working on something now, but totally understand how apathy and frustration can destroy your desire to promote a team. Especially when you don't agree with the direction the team is taking the way LTL was.

Wish him the best, hope my mistake at the end of last season wasn't what pushed him over the edge. Still feel horrible about that.

Old
06-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
For Viqsi- Just in case you missed this from a fans blog on The Cannon

RJ Umberger is a great guy, but he's really a plus third line forward. Other teams have learned to make him carry the puck into his zone, and his stick skills simply aren't up to it on the top six. On a top team, he's a third line winger. His goals come at the net, or when he has space. When Boone Jenner is ready to anchor the third line, Umby will be the perfect linemate to create a dangerous checking line. His character and willingness to go to the net make him valuable, but the team won't be really dangerous until he occupies the third line.

Now ducking -
Oh, please. Puckhandling and playmaking is so very not his job. His job is to protect the puck make space for folks who make those sorts of plays. That's where smaller skilled guys like, oh, maybe Brassard and Atkinson come into play.

Whoever wrote that is now free to follow up with info on how many teams have the depth to be able to carry a 50-55 point 20-goals-per-year forward on the third line. (Hint: None. Zero, zip, nada. Not a single damned one.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
LOFT simply put a name to complaints I'd had for some time. The guy was a great cheerleader, but that's it. No rational analysis whatsoever. His last significant act was to accuse the Jackets of a conspiracy in announcing the All-Star Game on the same day of the protest in order to "minimize" it.

Old
06-27-2012, 10:08 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
His last significant act was to accuse the Jackets of a conspiracy in announcing the All-Star Game on the same day of the protest in order to "minimize" it.
When was the last time that the next year's ASG site was announced during All-star weekend? Its not the NHL's way to "steal the spotlight", its professional courtesy, like not announcing big trades or coaching hires during the Finals.

To dismiss it totally is just naive, Viqsi.

Old
06-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
We got a...

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post

Any truth to the rumor that the blog raker is doing 20 years in a Colombian jail for a drug deal gone bad?