HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question About Kyle Clifford

Old
06-26-2012, 11:52 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Oh I'm sorry, did I forget the copyright ?

I wasn't sure which of us said it first but it has been a mantra of mine. Can you copyright religious content? Never mind, I know.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:09 AM
bland

King is clearly the superior player, its not really close. Smarter, better nose for the net, wins and contols more puck battles, just better at the more important stuff while still playing that grinding, abrasive style that wears down the opposition.

Clifford's a solid guy, great teammate, good upside - all kinds of things to like. He just hasn't proven that he can execute like King can. If Clifford should be worried about anyone taking his role, its Jordan Nolan and potentially Andy Andreoff. But Nolan played on his off wing throughout the playoffs, so maybe he settles in there and provides a nasty set of bookends for Fraser.

The concern is that Clifford has sustained two concussions playing a style that he has to play to stay in the league. It's not enough to move the guy, but it has to be a worry for his future.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:37 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

The Kings would be dumb to trade Clifford but I do believe spending some time in the AHL on the 1st or 2nd line with some PP time would be good for him. Maybe learn how to screen goalies on the PP or get better confidence with the puck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
If Clifford should be worried about anyone taking his role, its Jordan Nolan and potentially Andy Andreoff. But Nolan played on his off wing throughout the playoffs, so maybe he settles in there and provides a nasty set of bookends for Fraser.
The way I see it, unless Andreoff becomes a total bust, Fraser is a placeholder for Andreoff. I think in 3 years our 4th line will be Clifford-Andreoff-Nolan and other teams are going to hate playing against them so much.

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote