HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeremy Morin

Old
06-26-2012, 01:35 PM
MajorPain

vCash: 500
Jeremy Morin

Hi Hawks fans, I come in peace!

I'd really like to have an idea of where Morin stands in your prospect pool. What are his chances of making the team for the 2012-2013 season? What's his upside? Anything you could share would be greatly appreciated.

I heard of guys like Pirri, Hayes, Saad...but very little about Morin who was highly touted not so long ago...so I was wondering if he had fallen of the charts.

Thanks in advance!

MajorPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:38 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Took him a while to recover from a concussion last year, and wasn't the same after he came back. It's possible he impresses in camp and makes the team, but right now no one can really say how he'll be next year and where he ranks.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:39 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

He's still in the top 5 for sure. He had a really bad concussion/neck problems that stunted his development, and he's been a little inconsistent. He still has some work to do, i don't think he has a good chance of making the team this year, but he does have top 6 potential, id slot him as a future 2/3 LW. Hawks organization definitely not happy with how he's devloping, and he is seeming like a bit of a project atm.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:42 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Out of most of our prospects who spent some time with the big club, I thought he had the highest offensive IQ when playing with our best players. His positioning in the offensive zone is his best asset and that is something that rarely goes away. But, in terms of forwards, the way things are I think most fans would agree we need a couple guys who can battle around the net and have a bit of edge to their game. Therefore, I'm not sure how much of a shot he currently has at making the big club here but he would look really good out east.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 03:04 PM
stingo

vCash: 50
Morin does have a bit of an edge to his game, and he will drop the gloves now and then.

We'll see how he does at camp, but I have a feeling he could be included in a trade, if the Hawks are shopping around.

stingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

As probably the only person here who saw Morin on a regular basis in actual games played and not on internet stats, he came on alot during the final weeks of the season last year.

He had a horrible concussion and nerve problems. IMO, he shouldnt have been playing, but the truth is he might be the closest prospect the Hawks have to actually being NHL ready. He impressed in the final legs last year and opened many eyes who were starting to close.

I would put him ahead of Saad right now in terms of actually having a chance at sticking after PS.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 05:07 PM
unbridledid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
As probably the only person here who saw Morin on a regular basis in actual games played and not on internet stats, he came on alot during the final weeks of the season last year.

He had a horrible concussion and nerve problems. IMO, he shouldnt have been playing, but the truth is he might be the closest prospect the Hawks have to actually being NHL ready. He impressed in the final legs last year and opened many eyes who were starting to close.

I would put him ahead of Saad right now in terms of actually having a chance at sticking after PS.
He took a hip check and landed on his melon if I remember correctly ?

Was it more the concussion or the neck ? I think it was the latter more than the former, but my memory on it isn't clear...

unbridledid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 05:08 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post

Dam good news. I'm happy that Hawks have avoided the temptation to shop Morin. We could use that quick release in the top 6.

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 05:14 PM
MagicSlap*

To deytookerjaabs...

Saad has the highest offensive IQ and it's not really close.

To Martini...

Saad is much more likely to stick than Morin this year.

This is no slight to Morin, who I believe to be our 3rd best prospect but Saad is just simply the best player in our system.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 05:24 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
To deytookerjaabs...

Saad has the highest offensive IQ and it's not really close.

To Martini...

This is no slight to Morin, who I believe to be our 3rd best prospect but Saad is just simply the best player in our system.
Sure, as far as prospects go, but I thought Morin adapted to the top 6 much better in the few games he played than Saad. The best in the system isn't always the best after being called up. Andrew Shaw knows this.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post

To Martini...

To each his own, but being the best player in the system has nothing to do with being ready for the NHL. Saad could use a year in the A while Morin, if he is completely recovered has very little to prove.

I mean, Kruger isnt worthy of a roster spot in the NHL, just sayin.

That being said, I would have no problem if Morin and Saad broke camp on the big club. It would solidify the top two lines if Sharp would play center.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:41 PM
DontToewzMeBro

Morin-Toews-Kane
Saad-Sharp-Hossa
Shaw-Bolland-Stalberg
Bickell-Mayers-Smith

The youth movement!

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Sarava

Jeremy Morin has become a bit forgotten on HF since Brandon Saad emerged. IMO he's more likely to make the team than not. He's paid his dues in Rockford.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:33 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Morin & Pirri seem to be the 2 prospects that are most likely getting traded if there is a trade to make

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:30 AM
clydesdale line

His ability to finish checks and overall grit would be very nice to have here as well as his great shot. I have to ask Martini though, has his skating improved at all? I've also watched a few Rockford games (obviously not as many as you) and his skating to me still is not NHL ready (especially for a quick transition system like the Hawks).

clydesdale line is offline   Reply With Quote