HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Re-signed -- Desjardins 1 year, Wingels 2 years, Braun 3 years

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2012, 01:06 AM
  #126
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
Gee, what should he get. I'd guess DW gives him 1.4M per year, 2 years.
Oh god no... He may be the 13th forward if Wilson is able to play his cards right. One year 850k

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:29 AM
  #127
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 29,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Pretty much a done deal... only arbitration would prevent it... If the impossible happens and someone actually wants to give the Sharks assets for TJ, yipee skipee
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Oh god no... He may be the 13th forward if Wilson is able to play his cards right. One year 850k
I see you've given up on him already. Smart move somehow. lol

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:31 AM
  #128
SJeasy
Registered User
 
SJeasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 11,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Oh god no... He may be the 13th forward if Wilson is able to play his cards right. One year 850k
At his likely contract price, he won't merit compensation if he does get an offersheet. His arb numbers should get him <$800k if he chooses that route.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:31 AM
  #129
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 46,814
vCash: 500
Galiardi = Mitchell 2.0 contract.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:28 AM
  #130
kluu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Three years for Braun? I haven't see the #s but great term!

I love Braun, he's gonna be a good one for us.

I hope we can trade Demers and Murray, guys are a liability out there

kluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:04 AM
  #131
Iron Chef
Registered User
 
Iron Chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,762
vCash: 500
Per Capgeek,
Braun is at 1.25 year (1, 1.25, 1.5m)
Desi at 625,000
Wingels at 775,000 (700/850k)

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:06 AM
  #132
Gilligans Island
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 5,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
Per Capgeek,
Braun is at 1.25 year (1, 1.25, 1.5m)
Desi at 625,000
Wingels at 775,000 (700/850k)
Braun rocks. That is a stellar deal, if true.

Gilligans Island is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:16 AM
  #133
Led Zappa
Steady As She Goes
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Country: Scotland
Posts: 31,827
vCash: 500
Love the Braun deal.

__________________

Thereís a lot of things wrong with this country, but one of the few things still right with it is that a man can steer clear of the organized ******** if he really wants to. Itís a goddamned luxury, and if I were you, Iíd take advantage of it while you can.
-- Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Led Zappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:14 AM
  #134
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,276
vCash: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluu View Post
Three years for Braun? I haven't see the #s but great term!

I love Braun, he's gonna be a good one for us.

I hope we can trade Demers and Murray, guys are a liability out there
^ Someone missed Braun at the World Championships.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:16 AM
  #135
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser
 
SnarkAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: N/A
Posts: 674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
^ Someone missed Braun at the World Championships.
Because when evaluating a player I look at a small sample size instead of entire seasons

SnarkAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:18 AM
  #136
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 23,761
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
^ Someone missed Braun at the World Championships.
Lots of people played horrid at the WC, including Luke Schenn, who got traded for JVR.

That's a fantasic set of deals for all of those players. Rock on DW.

So we officially have two names to pencil into the bottom-6. Much better than zero.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:33 AM
  #137
VP and GM
Havlat Sucks!
 
VP and GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: at home
Country: United States
Posts: 5,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
Per Capgeek,
Braun is at 1.25 year (1, 1.25, 1.5m)
Desi at 625,000
Wingels at 775,000 (700/850k)
Pretty good and fair deals. Defense looking pretty solid right now with the NHL contracts there, role players shaping up well also. I think we need 2 new good forwards, i'm thinking their their may not be many additional signings of UFAs until
DW sees if he can get upgrades, etc. Winnik might be the exception.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:34 AM
  #138
VP and GM
Havlat Sucks!
 
VP and GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: at home
Country: United States
Posts: 5,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
^ Someone missed Braun at the World Championships.
he was still asked to play, that's a huge feather in his cap about how people view his game.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 03:29 PM
  #139
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,276
vCash: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnarkAttack View Post
Because when evaluating a player I look at a small sample size instead of entire seasons
Just as bad as calling Demers a liability when he was learning a new position at the NHL level.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 03:52 PM
  #140
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 10,792
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
^ Someone missed Braun at the World Championships.
I think people missed Braun all year.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:16 PM
  #141
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser
 
SnarkAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: N/A
Posts: 674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Just as bad as calling Demers a liability when he was learning a new position at the NHL level.
Demers WAS a liability last year. I still wouldn't trade him unless we get a quality deal because we've all seen what he can do when playing well.

Either way, my point of basing performance on small sample sizes stands.

SnarkAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:48 PM
  #142
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 53,641
vCash: 500
http://centralhockeyleague.com/press...rticle_id=8463

CHL remembering alumnus (Desjardins)

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:53 PM
  #143
Mafoofoo
Hockey
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 12,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
http://centralhockeyleague.com/press...rticle_id=8463

CHL remembering alumnus (Desjardins)

Quote:
After his time in the CHL, the 1-0, 197-pound forward spent three seasons in the American Hockey League with the Worcester Sharks.
Wow 1 foot tall?

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:54 PM
  #144
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 26,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnarkAttack View Post
Demers WAS a liability last year. I still wouldn't trade him unless we get a quality deal because we've all seen what he can do when playing well.

Either way, my point of basing performance on small sample sizes stands.
Switching defensive sides isn't as easy as it sounds. Jason had a rough year but will get better.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:34 AM
  #145
oyster
Registered User
 
oyster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Switching defensive sides isn't as easy as it sounds. Jason had a rough year but will get better.
He didn't switch sides until later in the year, the same time he started improving. He started the year on his usual side but was paired with White. It wasn't until later in the season after he had already played himself out of the lineup that he came back and started playing with Braun and/or Burns on the opposite side. Granted, White was an anchor for everyone he played with but Demers' drop from '11 to '12 was too much to pin on someone else. I really hope he can get back to playing as well as he did in '11 because I still think he has 2nd pairing potential and it would kill me to see him traded or resigned elsewhere after another poor season in SJ.

oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:17 AM
  #146
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 29,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyster View Post
He didn't switch sides until later in the year, the same time he started improving. He started the year on his usual side but was paired with White. It wasn't until later in the season after he had already played himself out of the lineup that he came back and started playing with Braun and/or Burns on the opposite side. Granted, White was an anchor for everyone he played with but Demers' drop from '11 to '12 was too much to pin on someone else. I really hope he can get back to playing as well as he did in '11 because I still think he has 2nd pairing potential and it would kill me to see him traded or resigned elsewhere after another poor season in SJ.
He 'played himself out of the lineup' because he was playing with Colin White. Then when he did get placed out of the lineup, it'd take a long time to get back which creates its own set of issues for young defensemen. They pretty much misused Demers all year. Putting him with Colin White in the first place was a mistake because White was pretty poor defensively for us all year save for one moderate stretch near the end of the year. Calling White an anchor is a slap to the face of anchors everywhere because White sucked.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:37 AM
  #147
oyster
Registered User
 
oyster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
He 'played himself out of the lineup' because he was playing with Colin White. Then when he did get placed out of the lineup, it'd take a long time to get back which creates its own set of issues for young defensemen. They pretty much misused Demers all year. Putting him with Colin White in the first place was a mistake because White was pretty poor defensively for us all year save for one moderate stretch near the end of the year. Calling White an anchor is a slap to the face of anchors everywhere because White sucked.
White was bad, but I don't believe that he was the only reason for Demers' struggles. I looked into it a bit and what's especially troubling is Demers actually posted worse stats at even strength than White in nearly every catagory. I wasn't expecting that. Demers also spent more of the season with Braun and Burns (each) than he did with White. I like Demers a lot, but we need to stop trying to make excuses for him and admit that for whatever reason/s he just didn't live up to expectations he'd set for himself in the past two years.

oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.