HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Sjs-phi

Old
06-27-2012, 11:44 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmitriy View Post
Could we do something around Boyle for Voracek+ or is that unreasonable?
Boyle's great, but he's 35.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

We have no need for Boyle.

Clowe would be nice at the right price. Demers is what we are really after here though. Right handed D that can play the powerplay.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:35 PM
SheasRebellion6

Clowe, Doherty, Demers for Bourdon, Read, Mcginn, 1st 2013, 3rd 2014? Thoughts?

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:47 PM

I wish people would stop proposing Read in deals. In today's cap world he's immensely valuable.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:50 PM
SheasRebellion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
I wish people would stop proposing Read in deals. In today's cap world he's immensely valuable.
Agreed. I don't think this is going to work.

Old
06-27-2012, 12:53 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheasRebellion6 View Post
Clowe, Doherty, Demers for Bourdon, Read, Mcginn, 1st 2013, 3rd 2014? Thoughts?
Take out Read and Doherty. I'd still rather send Gustafsson than Bourdon, too.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Sharks4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Take out Read and Doherty. I'd still rather send Gustafsson than Bourdon, too.
He says, we'll take out the one piece you wanted if you take out the one piece you guys were willing to part with...../thread.

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:05 PM
SheasRebellion6

What would be the value for the rights to RFA Jonathan Blum from NSH?

Clowe, Doherty for Bourdon, Mcginn, 1st 2013, 3rd 2013?

Old
06-27-2012, 01:10 PM
CupfortheSharks

We need to upgrade our wingers. DW even said that on NHL live yesterday. Futures and prospects for any of our current wingers doesn't make much sense.

Also, I doubt Boyle is available unless we get Suter....and I don't think that's going to happen.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:20 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks4Life View Post
He says, we'll take out the one piece you wanted if you take out the one piece you guys were willing to part with...../thread.
Trade proposals aren't charity drives. Why should we trade Read in this deal? I don't want to replace Read in our top-9 with Clowe at a 400+% increase in cap hit.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Arrch

Quote:
Trade proposals aren't charity drives.
You're right, they're negotiations and saying "we'll take away what you want, but in return, you can take out what we don't want" isn't going to get you far. If you don't want to trade Read, that's fine, but we have no reason to deal Clowe for scraps at this point.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:44 PM
SheasRebellion6

5th in 2013 for Doherty?

Old
06-27-2012, 01:44 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
You're right, they're negotiations and saying "we'll take away what you want, but in return, you can take out what we don't want" isn't going to get you far. If you don't want to trade Read, that's fine, but we have no reason to deal Clowe for scraps at this point.
I am not super-interested in Clowe. I would much rather have Read at $900K than Clowe at $3.6 million. Demers could be something, but I'd much rather have Bourdon and a 1st than him.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:50 PM
phlocky

The Flyers have 22 mil tied up in their top 5 dmen putting one guy making at least 3.5 mil on their bottom pairing. We WON'T be adding any high priced dman in ANY trade without at least one of those top 5 going back as a major piece. We won't make a deal for Boyle without Meszaros being a main piece going back.

If Schenn ISN'T in our top 4 next year then that trade was an epic failure.
There are reports out of Philly that Carle has a new contract in the 5 mil range making it even more unlikely that we add yet another dman.
IMO the Flyers should be done trading/signing for anything less than YOUNG top level talent. We have young forwards ready for a shot. Schenn and Couturier are ready for an increased role in the offense and need more minutes. Short of adding someone like Ryan, Doan, Nash, Parise or Suter they should be done as what they'd likely get back won't significantly improve them to the point that it makes it worth while.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:32 PM
CupfortheSharks

Quote:
I am not super-interested in Clowe. I would much rather have Read at $900K than Clowe at $3.6 million. Demers could be something, but I'd much rather have Bourdon and a 1st than him.
Agreed on Demers to Philly making more sense than Clowe. He's a perfect fit for what you are loking for and we have redundancy with Braun filling a very similar role. You would rather have Bourdon and a 1st, that's fine. It's not what we are looking for anyway.

The price for Demers should be a similar winger.

Demers: Young RH PMD on a good contract with NHL experience. Can play effectively as a 3rd pairing D man this year with upside to move into the top 4.

Target: Young winger with speed and scoring ability. Can play effectively on the 3rd line this year with upside to move into the top 6.

Someone like Simmonds before he broke out last year. Who does Philly have to offer?

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:33 PM
SheasRebellion6

Value?
Jack Johnson
Jason Demers
Ryan Ellis
Travis Hamonic
Jonathan Blum

Old
06-27-2012, 03:07 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post
Agreed on Demers to Philly making more sense than Clowe. He's a perfect fit for what you are loking for and we have redundancy with Braun filling a very similar role. You would rather have Bourdon and a 1st, that's fine. It's not what we are looking for anyway.

Demers: Young RH PMD on a good contract with NHL experience. Can play effectively as a 3rd pairing D man this year with upside to move into the top 4.

Target: Young winger with speed and scoring ability. Can play effectively on the 3rd line this year with upside to move into the top 6.

Someone like Simmonds before he broke out last year. Who does Philly have to offer?
It's a Catch-22 for Philly right now, because we can't really afford to send out another top-9 forward without another one coming right now. We may be able to after July 1st, because I am sure Holmgren will be acquiring another forward and defenseman. I suspect Voracek's deal gets done, and then one other forward (Jagr, maybe). We shall see.

Old
06-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post

Kyle Wellwood has the wheels and the ability. He would still be a rookie however, same boat as Zolniergobblegook.

We have Nick Cousins who is expected to become a solid third line forward with second line upside.

Wellwood + 2nd would be nice for demers.

Old
06-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Arrch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Kyle Wellwood has the wheels and the ability. He would still be a rookie however, same boat as Zolniergobblegook.

We have Nick Cousins who is expected to become a solid third line forward with second line upside.

I think you mean Eric Wellwood, although I wouldn't mind having Kyle back.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Pinkfloyd

I don't really see what Philly has that they're willing to give up that would make the Sharks better next year.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Vaasa

Quote:
No thanks. I still think Demers will be a top-4 and the guy who most replaces Boyle on the PP if Boyle is traded, or when he goes into decline or his contract is over. I think trading him at this point would be a massive mistake. Especially for what are essentially useless spares (for the Sharks) at this point.

If they can successfully convert Demers to Left Side D, which they started last year, I think he will prove to be even more valuable to the Sharks, who don't have much (if any) left-side offensive d-men. They could run him on the top PP opposite Boyle, and have Stuart and Braun running the 2nd PP.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:

Isn't Wellwood a dman. We don't need a dman. We would want a young NHLer that with top 6 upside.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
No thanks. I still think Demers will be a top-4 and the guy who most replaces Boyle on the PP if Boyle is traded, or when he goes into decline or his contract is over. I think trading him at this point would be a massive mistake. Especially for what are essentially useless spares (for the Sharks) at this point.

If they can successfully convert Demers to Left Side D, which they started last year, I think he will prove to be even more valuable to the Sharks, who don't have much (if any) left-side offensive d-men. They could run him on the top PP opposite Boyle, and have Stuart and Braun running the 2nd PP.
I agree with this.

Old
06-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
I think you mean Eric Wellwood, although I wouldn't mind having Kyle back.
Yes I did. Mong moment for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Isn't Wellwood a dman. We don't need a dman. We would want a young NHLer that with top 6 upside.
No, Eric is a winger who plays the PK. Fair enough on the deal though. But damn, get your facts straight first before going off on one

Old
06-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Yes I did. Mong moment for me.

No, Eric is a winger who plays the PK. Fair enough on the deal though. But damn, get your facts straight first before going off on one
I wasn't going off on on it. When I watched a flyers game I thought I saw him playing D. Either way I would want a better player like Read.