Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Smackdown (SPOILER THREAD)

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Sens16

vCash: 500
A new stipulation was added to Cena vs Big Show at No Way Out. If Cena loses he will be "fired" we all remember how that worked out against Nexus.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:50 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens16 View Post
A new stipulation was added to Cena vs Big Show at No Way Out. If Cena loses he will be "fired" we all remember how that worked out against Nexus.
Oh good lord. Can we please stop the cena being fired angle? It sucks.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:55 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Oh good lord. Can we please stop the cena being fired angle? It sucks.
That's what the 3rd year in a row that Cena could be fired if he lost? Way to repeat again...

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
06-13-2012, 01:01 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
That's what the 3rd year in a row that Cena could be fired if he lost? Way to repeat again...
It's just moving back one month each year. Wasn't it SummerSlam (aug) 2010, MITB (july) 2011, and now No Way Out (june) 2012?

Old
06-13-2012, 03:15 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 133
Quote:
It's just moving back one month each year. Wasn't it SummerSlam (aug) 2010, MITB (july) 2011, and now No Way Out (june) 2012?

It was Hell in a Cell in 2010.

Either way, this **** has been done to death.

I'm only tuning into Smackdown this week for the first 30 minutes to see the AJ segment and the Ziggler/Bryan vs. Punk/Sheamus match.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:35 PM
M.C.G. 31

Money in the Bank spoilers...

Spoil:
AJ will be special referee for the Punk/Bryan match. This **** just writes itself...

MITB participants...

Spoil:
Christian, Santino Marella, Damien Sandow, Tensai, Tyson Kidd

Old
06-27-2012, 07:03 AM
Aurel Joliat

I'm very happy with Sandow and Tyson Kidd. But Santino ? I don't want to pay to see Santino in a championship or #1 contender match for a major title !

Old
06-27-2012, 12:40 PM
M.C.G. 31

I'm wondering now why I put the spoil tags if this is the spoiler thread... my head wasn't working last night.

Yeah, Kidd and Sandow are awesome. I'm guessing Rhodes and Ziggler get in next week. I'm really surprised to see Kidd in there, but it's a pleasant surprise.

Old
06-27-2012, 12:55 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
I'm wondering now why I put the spoil tags if this is the spoiler thread... my head wasn't working last night.

Yeah, Kidd and Sandow are awesome. I'm guessing Rhodes and Ziggler get in next week. I'm really surprised to see Kidd in there, but it's a pleasant surprise.
Yeah... gotta get Rhodes and Ziggler in there. They NEED to be in that match. But Kidd will steal the show. He's going to be excellent. Maybe Santino gets knocked out and we have a surprise entrant of Wade Barret.

Quote:
Money in the Bank spoilers...

AJ will be special referee for the Punk/Bryan match. This **** just writes itself...

MITB participants...
They can't overbook this match. They just can't. It's too easy to write. The obvious heel turn is perfect and really gives us a new level to the storyline. AJ can stay psycho and heel and go back to working with DB. DB should win the belt here w/ a cheap victory, keeping him heel, and utilizing AJ. SummerSlam is the ultimate payoff for a submission match where Punk goes back over. Then they can go their separate ways.

Or if they really want to go crazy, have Cena try to cash in his MITB match after Punk/DB ends, but have Punk and DB beat up Cena and make him the first loser of the match. That puts Cena back in the main event (as the WWE wants) and gives us our first MITB loser.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

vCash: 446
Assuming Sheamus won the threeway?

Old
06-27-2012, 01:27 PM
M.C.G. 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown Sutter View Post
Assuming Sheamus won the threeway?
Sadly.

Quote:
Yeah... gotta get Rhodes and Ziggler in there. They NEED to be in that match. But Kidd will steal the show. He's going to be excellent. Maybe Santino gets knocked out and we have a surprise entrant of Wade Barret.

They can't overbook this match. They just can't. It's too easy to write. The obvious heel turn is perfect and really gives us a new level to the storyline. AJ can stay psycho and heel and go back to working with DB. DB should win the belt here w/ a cheap victory, keeping him heel, and utilizing AJ. SummerSlam is the ultimate payoff for a submission match where Punk goes back over. Then they can go their separate ways.

Or if they really want to go crazy, have Cena try to cash in his MITB match after Punk/DB ends, but have Punk and DB beat up Cena and make him the first loser of the match. That puts Cena back in the main event (as the WWE wants) and gives us our first MITB loser.
Ziggler, Rhodes and Barrett in one MITB match would have a lot of "young star power." It'd be pretty awesome. Three guys that are destined to be at the top of the ladder in a few years in WWE. I think either Ziggler or Barrett wins Money in the Bank, Barrett most likely so when Ziggler wins the World Championship, it's in honorable fashion to fit with what looks to be a slow burn face turn.

You just know they're going to overbook Punk/Bryan and it won't be as good as it can be. Unless AJ gets knocked out in the first five minutes and this just allows Punk and Bryan to put on a wrestling clinic for 30 minutes before the overbooking starts coming into play. I can see, with the type of PPV this is, Punk/Bryan going 40+ minutes, where Punk has Bryan up in the GTS and AJ low blows Punk and Bryan locks on the Labelle Lock, forcing Punk to tap and becoming new WWE Champion. Bryan and AJ are back together, and there's the pay off to the angle.

I'm thinking SummerSlam features either Bryan/Cena or... the most likely scenario, Bryan/Punk/Cena.

Old
06-27-2012, 03:12 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:

They could do a lot of things with the Punk/DB match and it could work. It deserves to be the main event, but I think the WWE title mitb match will headline. Unless of course they want Cena to attempt a cash in on the same night...which I want him to ultimately lose whenever he cashes in.

I think AJ is going to and up taking an accidental bump from Punk, and DB will capitalize and get a cheap win. Then they can have the big payoff at Summerslam.

It's very strange saying this, but I can't believe how good AJ has made this storyline.

Old
06-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Prussian_Blue

Ziggler, I can see... and even Rhodes, to a degree, although I'm not enamored of his character. But I just don't understand the love for Way Barruh. He's just another generic big man with a power move for a finisher as far as I can see, not particularly skilled on the mike, and not particularly over with fans.

What am I missing?

Old
06-27-2012, 09:39 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Ziggler, I can see... and even Rhodes, to a degree, although I'm not enamored of his character. But I just don't understand the love for Way Barruh. He's just another generic big man with a power move for a finisher as far as I can see, not particularly skilled on the mike, and not particularly over with fans.

What am I missing?

I don't care for him too much, either.. but to say he is just average on the mic would be wrong. Guy is solid on the microphone. I think there is a character there I can enjoy, but it's not there yet.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

Ziggler and Rhodes are easily my favorite heels so I'd be more than happy with either of them.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Quote:
I don't care for him too much, either.. but to say he is just average on the mic would be wrong. Guy is solid on the microphone. I think there is a character there I can enjoy, but it's not there yet.
Agreed. Wade is solid all around.

Old
06-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

Watching Sheamus win that match literally angered me.

Old
06-29-2012, 09:21 PM
M.C.G. 31

They try to cover up Ziggler's pop but they let the "Let's go Ziggler" chant in there. It's just a matter of time before Ziggler wins the World title. He's becoming a star. The fans are on his side. He needs to be champion by SummerSlam.

Side note, at a recent house show, out of all shirts available from top superstars, a fan who attended reported that Ziggler's shirt was the only one that sold out completely. WAKE THE **** UP, WWE! Capitalize! Make a ****ing star!

Old
06-29-2012, 09:36 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
They try to cover up Ziggler's pop but they let the "Let's go Ziggler" chant in there. It's just a matter of time before Ziggler wins the World title. He's becoming a star. The fans are on his side. He needs to be champion by SummerSlam.

Side note, at a recent house show, out of all shirts available from top superstars, a fan who attended reported that Ziggler's shirt was the only one that sold out completely. WAKE THE **** UP, WWE! Capitalize! Make a ****ing star!
He's about as over as you could possibly get without ever being part of the main event scene.

Old
06-29-2012, 10:54 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:

He could be the next Shawn Michaels if he could get a push. Of course he needs a new finisher & entrance music. He's one of the better sellers in the industry. Has the look, the skills, but once again he is being held back so guys like Big Show can main event.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

No way does he need new entrance music. His is better than anything other than CoP IMO.

Old
06-30-2012, 12:05 AM
M.C.G. 31

Ziggler is very much the HBK of this era and it'll be evident once WWE starts really capitalizing on him. WWE can't afford to miss the boat on him and that's why he must win the World title by SummerSlam. It'll catapult him to superstardom. He's already selling merch, he's drawing ratings, he's getting great reactions from the crowd. It's time.

Old
07-01-2012, 12:58 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown Sutter View Post
No way does he need new entrance music. His is better than anything other than CoP IMO.
That music is horrible. It's just there. If he wants to be a superstar he needs something that will get a reaction from the crowd.

Old
07-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
That music is horrible. It's just there. If he wants to be a superstar he needs something that will get a reaction from the crowd.
It already does?

Old
07-01-2012, 08:51 PM
17futurecap

Really enjoyed this week's episode. Tyson Kidd!!!

Closed Thread