Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2012, 09:13 PM
ImaBullsfan

vCash: 500
Word in the coffee shops here is that the bulls will select a d-man wednesday, with the 27th selection im sure we will get a good one.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:24 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Word in the coffee shops here is that the bulls will select a d-man wednesday, with the 27th selection im sure we will get a good one.
Maybe Haag?

Old
06-25-2012, 09:30 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Maybe Haag?
if we could get Haag at 27, thats just the kind of high-end defenceman we need! it'll be interesting for sure. I wouldnt be surprised if george selects another russian with ties to Zharkov and hes agent!

Old
06-25-2012, 11:04 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Maybe Haag?
Haag is signed to play in Sweden this upcoming season,not coming over

Old
06-26-2012, 11:56 AM
kenadian

Wolves deal to get the 27th pick and Chartrand

http://www.thesudburystar.com/Articl...aspx?e=3589833

Old
06-26-2012, 12:50 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenadian View Post
Wolves deal to get the 27th pick and Chartrand

http://www.thesudburystar.com/Articl...aspx?e=3589833
That's a very interesting development. George is getting busy for sure.

Old
06-26-2012, 02:50 PM
mkraayen

Bulls deal 1st Rnd Import pick (acquired from Sudbury) to Peterborough
http://www.bellevillebulls.com/artic...h-peterborough

Old
06-26-2012, 03:23 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
That's a very interesting development. George is getting busy for sure.
Correct me if im wrong, but i just dont get these moves at all? They were sitting pretty with the 27th pick, trade down and throw in Chartrand basically for nothing, there had to be a market for him? now send the 42nd pick for the 69th pick for a wing and prayer pick in '14? George has never really liked the import draft it seems. To my its like instead of getting a high-end player he is planning to keep some of the scraps on the team this year. R u kidding me keeping a 19 yr old with 4 or five career goals, doesnt fight, doesnt play the pp or pk? Give me a break! If this doesnt start up the season ticket holders moaning and groaning, nothing will! If he does use the 69th pick, what r u gona get? someone that is a project and or needs time. WOW, dont expect the 2nd round pick to be used.

Old
06-27-2012, 12:41 PM
BrianA

Quote:
Correct me if im wrong, but i just dont get these moves at all? They were sitting pretty with the 27th pick, trade down and throw in Chartrand basically for nothing, there had to be a market for him? now send the 42nd pick for the 69th pick for a wing and prayer pick in '14? George has never really liked the import draft it seems. To my its like instead of getting a high-end player he is planning to keep some of the scraps on the team this year. R u kidding me keeping a 19 yr old with 4 or five career goals, doesnt fight, doesnt play the pp or pk? Give me a break! If this doesnt start up the season ticket holders moaning and groaning, nothing will! If he does use the 69th pick, what r u gona get? someone that is a project and or needs time. WOW, dont expect the 2nd round pick to be used.
Burnett said that what would be available at the 27th pick would not be an upgrade on the players already invited to camp.I would have to agree with George on his assessment.It is typical of Burnett to stockpile picks and perhaps use them if and when the Bulls show signs of contending.
He has accumulated the talent but now he needs to coach.He has to take the leash of the top end guys plus he still has room to release players like Simmons etc. or make a trade.
Burnett needs until Nov. to show if he can get results but if it is the same old,same old then he will need to look at stepping away from coaching.

Last edited by BrianA: 06-27-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old
06-27-2012, 12:47 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Teams who have an import drafted 1st round in the NHL draft can now protect a third import up until a certain date, at which point they have two weeks to trade or release one. Perhaps Burnett is going to use this new rule to his advantage and acquire an import with OHL experience. It's the only reason I can think of to avoid using his 2nd import spot today, even if it meant taking a chance on a home run pick and releasing his rights if he doesn't show up.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:01 PM
BrianA

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Teams who have an import drafted 1st round in the NHL draft can now protect a third import up until a certain date, at which point they have two weeks to trade or release one. Perhaps Burnett is going to use this new rule to his advantage and acquire an import with OHL experience. It's the only reason I can think of to avoid using his 2nd import spot today, even if it meant taking a chance on a home run pick and releasing his rights if he doesn't show up.
Based on Burnett's history,I would be surprised if their is a 2nd import playing for the Bulls this year.It would not be a shock to see both picks passed.
Are there really going to be many imports released? And if so they won,t be a huge upgrade.

Last edited by BrianA: 06-27-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old
06-27-2012, 01:04 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Sorry Brian I actually got one right for once haha. Bulls acquire RW Sergey Kuptsov from Mississauga for the 69th import pick and a 3rd rounder in '14.

http://bellevillebulls.com/article/b...ion-of-kuptsov

Old
06-27-2012, 01:19 PM
BrianA

Quote:
Sorry Brian I actually got one right for once haha. Bulls acquire RW Sergey Kuptsov from Mississauga for the 69th import pick and a 3rd rounder in '14.

http://bellevillebulls.com/article/b...ion-of-kuptsov
Most of us get more wrong than right but that is why it is fun when we do get it right.
Bit of a surprise but why is Mississauga letting him go.He sounds like a decent pick up but I can,t say I know much about him except the stats.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:21 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
Most of us get more wrong than right but that is why it is fun when we do get it right.
Bit of a surprise but why is Mississauga letting him go.He sounds like a decent pick up but I can,t say I know much about him except the stats.
I didn't get the chance to see him last year either, I've asked around a bit so hopefully we'll know more about him soon. Sounds like an intriguing blend of size, speed and skill. I like that he can play all 3 forward positions as well.

Old
06-27-2012, 03:38 PM
ImaBullsfan

WOW George must have woken up from a very long nappy. Fired off 5 deals in less then 48 hrs. Like the Kuptsov and McCarron deals, dont like the Chartrand deal, thought he could have gotten alittle more? thought the return for Corson was fair for both sides, not much offence but plays with tons of heart!

Old
06-27-2012, 03:59 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
WOW George must have woken up from a very long nappy. Fired off 5 deals in less then 48 hrs. Like the Kuptsov and McCarron deals, dont like the Chartrand deal, thought he could have gotten alittle more? thought the return for Corson was fair for both sides, not much offence but plays with tons of heart!
Solid return on Corson, and a potentially great return on McCarron. Hopefully he reports because those 2nd rounders could prove to be huge next year when we look to contend.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:07 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

I felt like throwing some names together, no doubt George isn't done yet but here's how things look right now in my books:

Zharkov-Gaunce-Kuptsov
Curtis-Cramarossa-Brassard
Sandlak-Petti-Berisha
Simmonds-Carnevale-Lemmon
Heffernan-Cramarossa

Austin-Subban
Worrad-Shaw
Bignell-Desousa

Subban
Graham

A d-man should be next on the agenda. I would think Curtis, Sandlak, Simmonds, Bignell, Brassard and Silas are all players who could be moved for the right fit. I would love to see George take a chance on Cuccuruto from SSM but I'm not sure what type of return they would be looking for.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:12 PM
johnnydrum

Quote:
I didn't get the chance to see him last year either, I've asked around a bit so hopefully we'll know more about him soon. Sounds like an intriguing blend of size, speed and skill. I like that he can play all 3 forward positions as well.
Hiya there.
Greetings from England.
I havnt saw him play, but as I am always interested in the CHL s Euros, I asked some posters from the Majors to keep me posted on his progress throughout last season (while I was tuning into Zharkov, Yakupov and Khoko)
I was intrigued at him coming over last year, especially as he was 2013 eligable (very young), and the first thing I remarked on was his considerable size, hoping he was perhaps a Ivan Telegin/Maxim Kysttyn clone.
Where he shares both thier size and bulk, he lacked the "finish", usually associated with Russian players, (but ,of course, he was "learning on the job")
What he does have, according to my kind posters, is speed, accelleration and balance.
When he turns on the jets, he leaves the D in his wake, or can power through, easily retaining the puck. Its once he gets to the net, is where he needs extra work.
His 13 goals showing that, the "hands", may be a little behind his "feet" if you like.

Having said that, Caps prospect Stanislav Galiev had (only) 15 goals in his first CHL year, and Telegin scored 22 (but mostly his goals came before the half way point of the season) yet both honed thier shooting skills over the next few years, to develop into very dangerous players.
I would love to see him "develop" in 2012, to become a consistant threat, and given his young age, speed, skill and size, look out for him to easily double his 13 tallies.
The thought of him (@6`4), Zharkov @ 6`3" and Gaunce, together, is a formidable line.
A Great pick up.

Last edited by johnnydrum: 06-27-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old
06-27-2012, 07:19 PM
BramptonFan09

Quote:
I felt like throwing some names together, no doubt George isn't done yet but here's how things look right now in my books:

Zharkov-Gaunce-Kuptsov
Sandlak-Petti-Berisha
Heffernan-Cramarossa

Austin-Subban
Worrad-Shaw
Bignell-Desousa

Subban
Graham

A d-man should be next on the agenda. I would think Curtis, Sandlak, Simmonds, Bignell, Brassard and Silas are all players who could be moved for the right fit. I would love to see George take a chance on Cuccuruto from SSM but I'm not sure what type of return they would be looking for.
I think curcuruto would cost too many assests that george wouldn't be willing to part with. Brampton is looking to move a D or 2, and since George did Stan a favour by sending Mackie his way look for him to return the favour at a cheap price. Belleville has a solid Core but needs depth, Brampton could provide that.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:24 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:

Zharkov-Gaunce-Kuptsov
Sandlak-Petti-Berisha
Heffernan-Cramarossa

Austin-Subban
Worrad-Shaw
Bignell-Desousa

Subban
Graham

I was thinking the same thing! Cuccuruto would be a awesome fit here on the big ice. Depends on what happens with Silas this summer? If he wants out im sure there's plenty of teams that will be interested. IMO they need to upgrade Bignell on D with more experience.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:27 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BramptonFan09 View Post
I think curcuruto would cost too many assests that george wouldn't be willing to part with. Brampton is looking to move a D or 2, and since George did Stan a favour by sending Mackie his way look for him to return the favour at a cheap price. Belleville has a solid Core but needs depth, Brampton could provide that.
Here Here BramptonFan, George has piled up lots of picks, so look for some to be in play for a D-man.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:38 PM
BramptonFan09

Quote:
Here Here BramptonFan, George has piled up lots of picks, so look for some to be in play for a D-man.
Is Shaw, Bignell, and Silas all back? In my opinion Bignell needs to go, he is a liability defensivly and doesn't provide offense I just don't see him fitting in...

Old
06-27-2012, 07:49 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Is Shaw, Bignell, and Silas all back? In my opinion Bignell needs to go, he is a liability defensivly and doesn't provide offense I just don't see him fitting in...
I'd only keep Bignell around as a 7th dman. Not sure if he'd be willing to stick around in that role, but our second rounder Desousa looks ready to step into at least the bottom pairing. Shaw was impressive last year as a rookie OHLer and should be back as an OA. I have a feeling Silas won't be back, he'll either sign an AHL contract somewhere or have his OA rights dealt.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:49 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Bignell is 18 so hes back, i know Shaw has been told hes back as an OA, and Silas is up in the air, still not signed by Avs so he will be back here or he gets dealt, i agree with Bignell's comments.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:58 PM
BramptonFan09

Quote:
Bignell is 18 so hes back, i know Shaw has been told hes back as an OA, and Silas is up in the air, still not signed by Avs so he will be back here or he gets dealt, i agree with Bignell's comments.
I would think that If Silas is dealt you need someone with more experiance to help the youngster Desousa adapt to the OHL. What still of player is Desousa? Big or small? R shot left shot?

Closed Thread