HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The end of Mathieu Darche (turns down 2-way deal from Habs)

Old
06-27-2012, 01:03 PM
JMMR

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Hamilton for sure would take him.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
Darchie was class-act, but now it's time to move on. Guy's 35 (turning 36 this fall), I'm sure there are better options out there.
Yes. He can barely skate at the NHL level.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:04 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

I'm not sure why some ppl are so negative about Darche, he was great here, 2 years ago he played great, last year early on he couldn't buy a goal, but the second half of the season before his injury he was a beast on the ok with Plek. It's not his fault Martin put him in the pp, but it seemed he was the only one going in front of the net, and it wasn't his fault Cunneyworth was playing him 20 minutes a game.

I'm not happy nor sad to see him go, but I think he will get an NHL contract with someone else if not with MTL. Guy was class act and worked his butt off.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:05 PM
The Doors

He should sign a 2-way deal and be an occasional call-up. We need a player with more spark to do Darche's job. He's just sort of "there", not in a good way or bad way. But he doesn't contribute any aggression or toughness which is what we should be getting from his role. There are a dozen cheap role players on the market who are better players than Darche.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Shaby23

vCash: 50
I don't understand the hate for Darche. He was an excellent 13th forward and he was french ( yes that's a plus when you play for MOntreal). I'd be really happy if we can sign him 1yr 650k. We need guy like that in your team.

Shaby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Going to miss his play on the top 6 and first PP unit.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Hamilton for sure would take him.
I wouldn't not be against that, and have him avail for EXTREEEEEMEEE call up on 4 line only , if injury hit,...i Mean EXTREME and until you trade to fill the hole.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:09 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaby23 View Post
I don't understand the hate for Darche. He was an excellent 13th forward and he was french ( yes that's a plus when you play for MOntreal). I'd be really happy if we can sign him 1yr 650k. We need guy like that in your team.
No we don't. When we 'need' a guy like darche, we're in trouble.Class guy, sad to see him leave, but happy to see our roster without him.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaby23 View Post
same people who couldn't understand the dislike of Gauthier?

Let's be honest, I WOULD BRING DARCHE BACK if i first looked at entire NHL, and came to a conclusion he was the best option there was for the 4th line.....If there is no better UPGRADE out there, then bring back Darche .

Now Let's do that and be honest with ourselves./

Old
06-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Those who still want Darche as a 13th forward are okay with mediocrity.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Emanresu Wen

why all this hate for Darche? I don't get it

Emanresu Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:14 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu Wen View Post
It's not hate. Most people agree he did his job and we're proud of him getting to have an awesome time as a memeber of the Habs, living the dream.

But we need to move on. We need spark and energy and Darche doesn't provide that. Fourth liners need to be hardhitting and momentum changers. Therrien said the Bell Centre will not be easy to play in next year. Darche is a dependable guy, but he's easy to play against.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
It's not hate. Most people agree he did his job and we're proud of him we're getting to have an awesome time as a memeber of the Habs, living the dream.

But we need to move on. We need spark and energy and Darche doesn't provide that. Fourth liners need to be hardhitting and momentum changers. Therrien said the Bell Centre will not be easy to play in next year. Darche is a dependable guy, but he's easy to play against.
This. Well said, sir.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:15 PM
le_sean

I love how people are happy Darche are gone, but are pissed off Engqvist left. No idea what you guys want. I did not care for him much either, but at least he brought something and would never complain.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
same people who could understand the dislike of Gauthier?

Let's be honest, I WOULD BRING DARCHE BACK if i first looked at entire NHL, and came to a conclusion he was the best option there was for the 4th line.....If there is no better UPGRADE out there, then bring back Darche .

Now Let's do that and be honest with ourselves./
There are always upgrade, but I don't want a 7 mil 4th line of Gaustad Moen and Prust. Save that money for more important slots like top 6 winger, top 4 d-man.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
It's not hate. Most people agree he did his job and we're proud of him getting to have an awesome time as a memeber of the Habs, living the dream.

Can't agree more with your post

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
There are always upgrade, but I don't want a 7 mil 4th line of Gaustad Moen and Prust. Save that money for more important slots like top 6 winger, top 4 d-man.
DO YOU want to win?

As i said earlier this week a Mike Knuble at 1 million at 40 yrs old ,is way better than a 750K Darche ......
Now if that is the case, that should show you why Darche spot needs to be filled with a better player who can chip in MORE OFFENSE.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Uber Coca

Seemed like a great player in the lockerroom. Looked like he was, along with Desharnais, the only player pissed at losing last season. Serviceable player that could score from time to time, and a nice mentor for younger players.

He's probably having a nice future in the media or in the NHL, if the rumor is true.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:21 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu Wen View Post
When your team is not very good and your supposed 13th forward plays on the powerplay = hate.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:22 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
When your team is not very good and your supposed 13th forward plays on the powerplay = hate.
This.

We dont hate Darche. We hate how he was used over younger players. Give the promotion to guys like Eller, Geoffrion or Leblanc (when they were in the NHL cause of injuries). They have something to gain and learn from it. Darche is Darche. There isnt any upside left in him.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:23 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Let's be real, the Habs aren't going to sign Gaustad or Prust. They will both get at least 2.5 on the market due to playoff overhype, if they don't resign with NYR and Nashville (I think they will- who the hell would want to leave Manhattan?).

I don't mind if they overpay Moen. His last deal was 3 for 4.5M, his new one could be 3 for 6M and that would be OK. Overpay, yes (he's probably 1.75M/yr player) but 250K as a bonus for UFA status and the fact that he's a leader and big part of the team is fine.

The only "fourth liner" I would overpay for is McClement, way smarter player than Prust, just doesn't have the hype coming from out West with the Avs. Would be an awesome duo with Moen.

Old
06-27-2012, 01:24 PM
JHabs61

You mean we need to replace our #1 winger? Who will we use on the powerplay?

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I love how people are happy Darche are gone, but are pissed off Engqvist left. No idea what you guys want. I did not care for him much either, but at least he brought something and would never complain.
I love how one thing has nothing to do with the other.

Seriously, what is your point?

Old
06-27-2012, 01:28 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
If the team wants to be competitve then... well, they can't if they kept Darche. Good guy, I suppose, but he won't help the team succeed.
I see no problem with a successful team having Darche as a #13/#14 forward.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
This.

We dont hate Darche. We hate how he was used over younger players. Give the promotion to guys like Eller, Geoffrion or Leblanc (when they were in the NHL cause of injuries). They have something to gain and learn from it. Darche is Darche. There isnt any upside left in him.
I'd rather have LeBlanc playing 20+ minutes AHL and Darche in the NHL playing 10 minutes in a role.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote