HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

CBJ Prospect Thread III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2012, 01:21 PM
  #101
MFRONE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sheffield Lake, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 7,126
vCash: 500
Development camp schedule and roster were just announced

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news...id=DL|CBJ|home

MFRONE is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 01:36 PM
  #102
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
Development camp schedule and roster were just announced

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news...id=DL|CBJ|home
Interesting...I don't see any undrafted free agents on there. Of course, the fact that there are 24 players from the last six drafts who are still in the system and who haven't really cracked the NHL says something as well.

Atkinson but no Calvert...also interesting.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 01:56 PM
  #103
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,376
vCash: 500
I am looking at that roster on paper. I'm really conflicted with what I see. It will be very interesting to see how they do. We are sending a very interesting mix of players.

blahblah is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 05:02 PM
  #104
Sore Loser
Since 2009
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I still prefer the Crease Safety Dansk.
I actually like that.

We can Dansk if we want to
We can leave Mason behind
Cause Mason isn't Dansk ...

Ah, you all get it.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:05 PM
  #105
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
I'm already disappointed... Why Chaput is injured? What's wrong with him?

bizzz* is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:10 PM
  #106
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 13,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
I'm already disappointed... Why Chaput is injured? What's wrong with him?
had abdominal surgery after the Memorial Cup


and the above Dansk thing, you all should have seen twitter earlier, I think we went thru every "dance" song or show title

Fro is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:11 PM
  #107
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
I'm already disappointed... Why Chaput is injured? What's wrong with him?
Surgery on his abdomen i think.

CBJBrassard16 is online now  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:22 AM
  #108
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
This is a link for Union Blue blog to The Coach's notes on each development camper:

http://www.theunionblue.com/2012/07/...nt-camp-notes/


Since I couldn't attend, I found this to be quite useful, especially when combined with some of the post from folks here who also attended.

pete goegan is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:59 AM
  #109
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Hockey Propectus ranks the organizational prospects, post-draft, and the Jackets are much better than #30:

http://www.puckprospectus.com/articl...articleid=1347

pete goegan is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 11:31 AM
  #110
Feicht
Registered User
 
Feicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Twin Cities
Country: Austria
Posts: 7,287
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Hockey Propectus ranks the organizational prospects, post-draft, and the Jackets are much better than #30:

http://www.puckprospectus.com/articl...articleid=1347
Well, could be worse than #17, I guess.

In other news, is that guy's name really "Corey Pronman"?!? That's like the fakest name I've ever heard

Feicht is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 11:57 AM
  #111
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 10,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
This is a link for Union Blue blog to The Coach's notes on each development camper:

http://www.theunionblue.com/2012/07/...nt-camp-notes/


Since I couldn't attend, I found this to be quite useful, especially when combined with some of the post from folks here who also attended.
first one:

Quote:
13 Cam Atkinson:

Shot release looks quicker

Ludicrous Speed is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 12:34 PM
  #112
Sore Loser
Since 2009
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
This is a link for Union Blue blog to The Coach's notes on each development camper:

http://www.theunionblue.com/2012/07/...nt-camp-notes/


Since I couldn't attend, I found this to be quite useful, especially when combined with some of the post from folks here who also attended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Hockey Propectus ranks the organizational prospects, post-draft, and the Jackets are much better than #30:

http://www.puckprospectus.com/articl...articleid=1347
Great finds pete, thanks for sharing!

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 01:05 PM
  #113
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Great finds pete, thanks for sharing!
Quite welcome, SL. I probably have more time than most to wander the web, so I try to link up stuff relating to hockey or the CBJ that I find interesting, whether I completely agree with them or not. I'm sure some of you have better ways to locate such material (isn't that what RRS is?) and many of you follow tweets that are more immediate news sources, but I'm old-fashioned.

pete goegan is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 01:13 PM
  #114
Sore Loser
Since 2009
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Quite welcome, SL. I probably have more time than most to wander the web, so I try to link up stuff relating to hockey or the CBJ that I find interesting, whether I completely agree with them or not. I'm sure some of you have better ways to locate such material (isn't that what RRS is?) and many of you follow tweets that are more immediate news sources, but I'm old-fashioned.
Nah - I don't follow Twitter or anything like that. I'm fairly old-school myself, in that I rely mostly on my own viewings on players, and if I want info on prospects that I don't see often, I hit up one of my friends that live in those areas for input.

I follow hockey prospects so closely that it's nearly impossible to find a young player that I'm not fairly familiar with, though. It is (outside of family and work) by far the biggest consumer of time in my life.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 01:19 PM
  #115
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Nah - I don't follow Twitter or anything like that. I'm fairly old-school myself, in that I rely mostly on my own viewings on players, and if I want info on prospects that I don't see often, I hit up one of my friends that live in those areas for input.

I follow hockey prospects so closely that it's nearly impossible to find a young player that I'm not fairly familiar with, though. It is (outside of family and work) by far the biggest consumer of time in my life.
I, and I'm sure many others, find your insights on prospects most welcome.

pete goegan is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 02:02 PM
  #116
Hipster Letestu
Registered User
 
Hipster Letestu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Westerville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
first one:



13 – Cam Atkinson:

Shot release looks quicker
That's actually something he needed to work on. Towards the end of the season he ended up in front of the net with a few prime scoring chances that he failed to capitalize on. He has a nice shot, but he was taking too long to get it off and it allowed the goaltender to get into position and make the save. If he can start snapping off that wristshot quicker I could see him easily pot 25-30 goals.

Hipster Letestu is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 04:35 PM
  #117
Sore Loser
Since 2009
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I, and I'm sure many others, find your insights on prospects most welcome.
Always love the feedback (good or bad) ... it's great to know that people pay attention to my rantings!

I doubt Ryan Murray gets sent back to Everett (especially with Methot now gone), but if he does, you can guarantee that I'll be scouting every Spokane/Everett game like a hawk. Other than that, the only other prospect the Jackets will have in the WHL is Joonas Korpisalo, and we only see Prince George twice at home (and there's no way I'm making a 16 hour drive up there to watch on the road!).

Should be fun providing updates on the 2013 guys though... there are some real exciting players eligible for that draft.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 10:11 AM
  #118
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Here's a link to an article on the CBJ site regarding the Development Camp assessment of goalie Anton Forsberg:

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/blog...id=DL|CBJ|home

Sounds encouraging.

pete goegan is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 10:14 AM
  #119
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,235
vCash: 500
As I suspected....

http://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/226314354067386368


Vogelhuber is signing with Springfield.

KeithBWhittington is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 10:21 AM
  #120
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
As I suspected....

http://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/226314354067386368


Vogelhuber is signing with Springfield.
That's good news, isn't it? I read a recent evaluation (Jeff Little, perhaps) that listed him as a bit of a surprise in devo camp. He's not on a CBJ contract, but this does place him nearby where his progress can be shaped and monitored by the staff. Is there a downside?

pete goegan is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 10:24 AM
  #121
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
That's good news, isn't it? I read a recent evaluation (Jeff Little, perhaps) that listed him as a bit of a surprise in devo camp. He's not on a CBJ contract, but this does place him nearby where his progress can be shaped and monitored by the staff. Is there a downside?
No, but I doubt there were many options for the kid anyways. CBJ only held his rights for another month.

KeithBWhittington is offline  
Old
07-21-2012, 12:10 PM
  #122
Sore Loser
Since 2009
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
That's good news, isn't it? I read a recent evaluation (Jeff Little, perhaps) that listed him as a bit of a surprise in devo camp. He's not on a CBJ contract, but this does place him nearby where his progress can be shaped and monitored by the staff. Is there a downside?
Most accounts that I've heard were of the exact opposite; that he looked out of place at times and tried to play a top-6 game with little or no top-6 skill. At least by his signing in Springfield, the Jackets aren't on the hook for counting that contract (they can only have up to 50 players signed at a time) ... maybe he will develop into a solid piece for Springfield, but I don't see him ever cracking the lineup in Columbus.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
07-21-2012, 03:10 PM
  #123
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey
 
Timeless Winter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 16,007
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
Well, could be worse than #17, I guess.

In other news, is that guy's name really "Corey Pronman"?!? That's like the fakest name I've ever heard
Yeah, that's his real name, he used to have his own site called 'Premium Scouting', now he just writes for puckprospectus.com, he writes alot of good articles and has a vast knowledge of prospects.

Timeless Winter is offline  
Old
07-22-2012, 06:20 AM
  #124
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,047
vCash: 50
Hey, I was looking at drafting a few D prospects from you guys in a keeper league and have some questions..

With Methot traded, will Savard get more time this year?

And how far out is goloubef

Krishna is offline  
Old
07-22-2012, 06:39 AM
  #125
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Hey, I was looking at drafting a few D prospects from you guys in a keeper league and have some questions..

With Methot traded, will Savard get more time this year?

And how far out is goloubef
Right now, there's an open spot for one of three kids on the blueline. Those are Moore, Savard, and Murray. They'll be fighting it out in camp. Consequently we have no way of knowing.

Moore would seem to be the favorite, but that's going by last year's ice time, and that's a flawed metric because last year Murray wasn't CBJ property... or, for that matter, eligible for a pro contract. So we'll see.


As for Cody... he's slipped a little down the depth charts. At the rate things are going, he may end up an NHLer for someone else in a few years... or he could be an AHL star. Hard to say.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.