HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

With the 121st pick, Kings select Nikolai Prokhorkin

Old
06-27-2012, 11:02 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

vCash: 500
It doesn't look like any CHL team is willing to take a look at this guy lol

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:20 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Or maybe they assume he's going to the AHL
That doesn't matter lol they knew Slava Voynov was going to the AHL, yet the Moncton Wildcats selected him 5th overall in the Import Draft.

http://www.chl.ca/draft/chl/draft_id/100

Maybe Prokhorkin isn't as amazing as well thought he was hahaha

Old
06-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

The London Knights - what a crappy program.

I'd say this means there's a very good chance Prokhorkin plays in the OHL next year after all.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Prokhorkin playing for Dale Hunter and the London Knights will be amazing for his development, especially in offensive play. It's going to be an exciting year monitoring Kings prospects in 2012-13.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:59 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I hope he actually commits to the London Knights, wow, that's an amazing program and team for his development. Couldn't be happier

Old
06-27-2012, 12:08 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Porkins!!
Tremendous!!!
The kid is literally in the org for mere hours and he gets an awesome nickname.

If there is a god, at some point in his career he ends up on a line with Loki, and Kitsyn so I can refer to them as the "Red 3"

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:04 PM
SuperAlmeida

Vasilevski was taken in the 2nd round.

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Vasilevski was taken in the 2nd round.
Who?

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:38 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Who?
He was the first goaltender taken in the entry draft, i'm guessing making the reference that the absolute best players don't always go early.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Have to remember in the CHL Import draft it's not always drafting the best player but drafting a player who's good and more likely to play in the CHL. Moncton probably had already talked to Lombardi about Voynov and knew he was coming to NA

London taking Prokhorkin is a less of a risk due to how good London is every season. Plus they're more likely to convince someone to come over due to their system and the amount of players who have been a Knight(Perry, Kane, Gagner, Nash).

Belanger25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:57 PM
SuperAlmeida

"Zadorov, if he reports, has an opportunity to replace Russian forward Vladislav Namestnikov, bound for the Tampa Bay system, on the Knights roster. He would bolster a defensive corps expected to include NHL first-rounder Olli Maatta, the top pick in last year's import draft."

http://www.lfpress.com/sports/2012/06/27/19924776.html

I don't understand this. Is there a limit of how many russians or europeans each team can have in the CHL?

Old
06-27-2012, 02:58 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
"Zadorov, if he reports, has an opportunity to replace Russian forward Vladislav Namestnikov, bound for the Tampa Bay system, on the Knights roster. He would bolster a defensive corps expected to include NHL first-rounder Olli Maatta, the top pick in last year's import draft."

http://www.lfpress.com/sports/2012/06/27/19924776.html

I don't understand this. Is there a limit of how many russians or europeans each team can have in the CHL?
Yes, each team can only have two European players on their roster.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 03:01 PM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
So there is no room for Prokhorkin?

Edit: "Each CHL team is allowed two European import players per season."

Last edited by SuperAlmeida: 06-27-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old
06-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Quote:
So there is no room for Prokhorkin?
As noted above (and quoted in your post), the limit is TWO import players. Zadorov and Porkins coming over together would be ideal, get to have someone who speaks your language going through the experience of coming to North America at the same time. Plus Porkins could help Zadorov handle the pressure of his draft year.

The Knights are such a class organization, it wouldn't surprise me if they already have an experienced billet or two lined up who are able to provide adjustment support specifically to Russian kids. Namestnikov wouldn't have needed it, IIRC, but these guys likely will.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:43 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Just an FYI, Prokhorkin was picked yesterday by the London Knights.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:46 PM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Just an FYI, Prokhorkin was picked yesterday by the London Knights.
Love it!

Old
07-02-2012, 01:24 PM
SuperAlmeida

Hell Yeah!

Quote:
The Knights picked Prokhorkin as protection on the chance finnish defenceman Olli Maatta, the Pittsburgh first-rounder who would obviously one of London's two import players, happens to stick in the nhl next year -- or Zadorov, a first-round pick in the Kontinental Hockey League's Junior draft, fails to show up.

"He's a '93 (birth year) and property of the L.A. Kings and his first goal is to make their American Hockey League team," Hunter said, "but if he doesn't, he might fall to us.

"You go in with a plan and you have to be prepared if things change."

Vladislav Namestnikov knows Prokhorkin. He played against him in the russian junior ranks.

"I would call him a good two-way forward," said the former Knight, a pretty good two-way forward himself.

"Seeing russians being picked like this, i think, shows more are willing to come over and play here," Vladislav said. "It's good to see and a lot of them there do know about London. They know it's one of the better places to play in the CHL."

http://www.lfpress.com/sports/knight.../19924776.html

Last edited by SuperAlmeida: 07-02-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old
07-02-2012, 05:44 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Hopefully Prokhorkin makes the Monarchs next year

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

That would be great if he's ready for AHL time. He knows he won't be the first Russian with the Kings to do that either, Voynov could reach out and help.

Prokhorkin-Loktionov-Toffoli or Porkhorkin-Vey-Kozun. Me likey

Moses Doughty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 07:30 PM
wings5

Where is he playing now?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Where is he playing now?
Last report had him boarding a plane to Russia and nothing since

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 12:50 AM
damacles1156

He is screwed just like Kitsyn. Will spend the next three years in Russia Gulag of Hockey.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 03:18 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

He is back at home, playing for CSKA´s farm team in VHL.
Btw, there is article how agent abused him.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 09:00 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
He is back at home, playing for CSKA´s farm team in VHL.
Btw, there is article how agent abused him.
Here it is ran through the google translator. Likely some words are a bit off so if Vorky or someone wants to edit it, feel free:

Quote:
In late August, a young but full of promise, CSKA forward unexpectedly left the ocean. Suddenly, because he had a valid contract with the club and good prospects in the first team. A few days ago came forward, and in the absence of his life there was a lot of events. In an interview after the first workout on the ice palace of the Army Nikolai Prohorkin - the name for her daughter, court, golden mountains, and also why he was afraid that his career is over.

- Nicholas, ice, skates, stick and puck - it's all very important, but in your life recently, a more important event ...

-Yes, I have a daughter, just now, after the interview go to the hospital to pick up.

- The name is already a person?

- Nick. Together with his wife chose, with themselves, and not to think. Once this option immediately bowed. The result - Nick N.. Daughter have not seen, yet I can not even describe the feeling, perhaps, when hold it in her arms, and then understand all the way.

- Last Days at all rich in events for you. Now Nikolai Prohorkin again in CSKA.

- Yes, it happened, and I'm glad. I'll play, I'll train, and I will prove that I can go out on the ice as part of the core team.

- Sure it sounds.

- There is nothing wrong with that, you need to be confident, as long as it does not go into overconfidence.

- Are you familiar with Vyacheslav Butsaeva?

- Yes, very well. Under his leadership we won the Cup Kharlamov, one can say that I worked with him from the very moment I was in the youth team. He is demanding, can adhere to say, send, I think this team needs a coach.

- How to evaluate their form at the moment?

- In recent weeks I have a full three did not train because I play the ocean was too late, November 20, was the decision of the court, I was there a couple of days and came here. Keep fit, trying to work in full, but, of course, is not the same when you train with the team. I type in the form, and quickly place a call, I think. I hope that soon I can help CSKA.

- And how is it that you went from CSKA? Shed light on the mysterious story.

- Yes ... Then how come there were no rules to be sure to include in the young, in training camp, I was in the fifth link, but really wanted to play. Went for a dream, I thought, the NHL will be easier and faster to get, if I try myself in the AHL, to get some practice in this league.

- A contractual obligations?

- Yes, I had a contract, but the agent I was working with, assured me that this is not a problem, they say, will do everything agreement tear and the like. I believed him, went and began to play, but then there was a trial and found that all the words of this agent, to put it mildly, not true.

- How is he going to break a signed contract?

- I'm afraid to get lost in the legal intricacies. He explained something, say, a contract was signed at age 16, he was allegedly may be revoked ... Now, I realize that it just Nadur me. And me and my father, promised mountains of gold, all painted in colors, how wonderful everything will be as I will soon be playing in the NHL. Do understand, I now something young, and then was even younger. Dizzy, emotion welled, and I gave in to them.

- Do not feel sorry about it now?

- In terms of hockey not. I felt their game, their hockey, and if I ever go back to North America, I will be the easier. I'm here because it became easier to play, I feel that in many elements I added. But in terms of the life it was a wrong decision.

- Could decent damage relations with the club?

- Yes, it's true. Povrazhdovali bit, we can say ... But I'm glad to be back, and how well they treat me. We spoke with Sergey Viktorovich, found common ground and agreed to work together in concert.

- How does it look?

- I came to the club, talking to Sergei Viktorovich and Sobolev. Told them that I wanted to play hockey, I'm not leaving because of me badly treated at CSKA, but because I wanted to develop as a player. Explained to them the whole situation with the agent, about what he had painted a picture of a wonderful future ...

- And they are?

- They are, as I understand, do not mind that I got the experience of playing there, and do not mind that I wanted to play in the NHL, but was told that now I need you here, you need a team, you need a club system. Of course, reminded that the contract - a contract, it must be respected. They seem to understand me, my situation, understand that then, at that moment, I was overwhelmed by emotion that I gave in to them, and therefore left. They too were hockey players, playing in the NHL is probably why they got my feelings, that I followed a dream and made the wrong move at the time. Of course, if I was a manager, I would have been satisfied if I ran from the players to the signed contracts.

- Now, we understand that all of you have been established, there is contact - and with the management and the coaches?

- You know, when I'm on the court banned the play in the AHL, I was very upset, as here, in Russia, I would be out of work that I put in tightly MHL, or even block - and will not be a player, a career for me end. In fact, it was very easy to do. But I was taken back, said, they say, we hope to you, work, punching, to prove - and you play.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 08:37 PM
damacles1156

Well lets hope he plays well enough to get ice time.

Kitsyn is just rotting away in the KHL system.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote