HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The end of Mathieu Darche (turns down 2-way deal from Habs)

Old
06-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
I find it really amusing that you're referencing the minutes he got the year the Habs went to the conference finals.

You realize that if you finish in the conference finals that you are one of the 4 best teams? And by any math or logic I know finishing 4th out of 30 would be deemed at least moderately successful.

And of course you're ignoring that in these IMPORTANT GAMES Darche played 11 out of 19 games and when he did played got 6:15 per game.
hey ,

I seen it with my own EYES..i watch every game.

You say what you like , defend who you like , i don't care.I was the only one i seen calling Habs already missed playoff in NOV OF LAST YEAR.I called the Habs to get a top 3 pick well before new years!The Anaheim Ducks at the time was 18 pts below MONTREAL .
I seen it , while others was saying we're only 2 pts out ..

The same way Martin flipped on a (female)reporter ,when asked if Cole would be better on Powerplay than DARCHE, THIS YEAR.......

Hey wake up , it happened .

Darche is a great guy , no one debates that.

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-27-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Darche was ok by me.

I don't think it makes much sense to keep him any more though. He was here for like 3 years and the team has gotten progressively worse. Plus Darche is not improving so best go look for someone new.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Beendair Donedat

Calisse!

Nobody hates Darche because he's French. Stop playing the "poor me" language card. I'd dislike Darche if his name was Matthew Duke. He's old, inefficient and taking away minutes from a better free agent or prospect. He had his 15 minutes BECAUSE he was French. Made commercials even! What other fourth line guy can say that? But the time has come to cut ties...

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
It's the most bizarre logic I've ever seen. Because injuries and poor play caused the coaches at time to give him more minutes than he should have been getting he's an awful bottom line forward/13th forward and people are celebrating him leaving.

Staubitz is a fine guy to have, I frankly don't see the need for him at all. We've got some tough guys in the line up, and frankly I'd rather Montreal focused on letting other teams "goon" it up when they want, and let them take the penalties and get the power plays.

If a guy like Staubitz is in the line up, and 2 forwards go down can he provide the team with 13, 14 minutes in a pinch? No.

Now granted Darche isn't going to be anything special there either, but he won't look completely out of place either.

I look at teams like Vancouver, and Detroit...they don't have an enforcer in their line up ever. Sure Vancouver has added some bigger tougher guys, but so have the Habs.

Bourque isn't an enforcer, but with the right coaching and proper mindset he can be a guy who can go in there and let guys know that you won't be taking liberties with Pricey, or PK.

Same with White. And Moen.

I would way rather have a guy like Darche who is a damn good PK'er than a guy like Staubitz who might come in handy a few times a year but frankly will fare just as well as a guy like White or Moen, if the "need" ever comes to fight Lucic.

Again though, if the Habs elect not to bring back Darche I'm fine with it. I'm not gonna sit here and say they MUST sign him, and Bergevin is an idiot if he doesn't.

But to celebrate, or anything like that...it's just pathetic. People like that should seriously start taking sports a little less seriously. It's one thing to hate on a guy like Gomez, because of the way his presence on the team due to salary cap constraints has a negative effect on the team. Even in his case though, he was offered a contract and he signed it. But a guy who will make close to league minimum and who can give the team PK minutes...to celebrate him being gone? What the hell is the point.

Somewhere along the way in this 24/7 news media circus we live in I think a lot of fans have lost their way.
We've had too many Darches in the last 10 years and not enough Staubitz.

Anyway the biggest positive is: no more boring interviews!

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:13 PM
PKtrollban
PK for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
hey ,

You say what you like , defend who you like , i don't care.I was the only one i seen calling Habs already missed playoff in NOV OF LAST YEAR.I called the Habs to get a top 3 pick well before new years!The Anaheim Ducks at the time was 18 pts below MONTREAL .

The same way Martin flipped on a (female)reporter ,when asked if Cole would be better on Powerplay than DARCHE, THIS YEAR.......

So, we can agree we had terrible coaching, but Darche wasn't really a reason (other than playing too many minutes) we were terrible. The COACH used him, what did you want Darche to do ? Refuse to play ? Just imagine for a second :

Media : 'Mathieu, you refused to get on the ice with 5 mins to go in the third, what happened'
Darche : 'I heard rumors that some fans were all upset the Coach used me with Plek, so I just said NO way, can't take more E-hate from Habs fans'
Media : 'Yeah we all saw that the Coach liked using your skills in defensive situations, we always wondered why he'd be doing that'
Darche : 'He's wrong and a moron, and likely will be fired at the end of the season, so I decided to say NO and let agitators and tough guys stop talented players from getting the puck in our net' 'Who cares if we don't have a good PK, we need to pummel Lucic and Neil and concentrate on doing that kinda stuff' 'That's what all good armchair GM Habs fan would do, anyway'.

Last edited by PKtrollban: 06-27-2012 at 04:30 PM.
PKtrollban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:16 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngc_5128 View Post
Darche tweeted this a few moments ago:

@matdarche52: Ne sautez pas trop vite aux conclusions!! Do not jump to conclusions too quickly.
He'd be excellent in Hamilton...

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:17 PM
PKtrollban
PK for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Calisse!

Nobody hates Darche because he's French. Stop playing the "poor me" language card. I'd dislike Darche if his name was Matthew Duke. He's old, inefficient and taking away minutes from a better free agent or prospect. He had his 15 minutes BECAUSE he was French. Made commercials even! What other fourth line guy can say that? But the time has come to cut ties...
yeah right.

That's why Darche has as many haters as Gomez.

FYI, and for real, Darche is / was better than all of the other plugs we have / had on the team. Can't wait to see people critiscize White for his terribad hockey IQ, or Staubitz because he took a stupid penalty with 5 mins of useless ice-time.

PKtrollban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:32 PM
De Montreal
help

Daniel Winnik,
Jay McClemenent,
Brandon Prust,
Dominic Moore,

Adam Burish,
Tom Kostopoulos,
Ryan Carter,
Stéphane Veilleux,
Steve Bernier,
Jordin Tootoo,
Arron Asham,
Travis Moen,

I liked Darche but there is much more better options out there.

I'd sign two of Moore, Prust, Asham and Moen and have a great enforcing checking fourth line.

Prust - White - Moen?

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halakalakaboom View Post
yeah right.

FYI, and for real, Darche is / was better than all of the other plugs we have / had on the team. Can't wait to see people critiscize White for his terribad hockey IQ, or Staubitz because he took a stupid penalty with 5 mins of useless ice-time.
If you feel you have to resort to "it's cause he's French" than you're not worth debating. White adds toughness as does Staubitz. And they're at least a decade younger. Finding a bottom six guy to kill penalties on the fourth line??? Maybe the easiest role player to add in the league.

Again what other fourth liner did commercials regularly last year? Darche made out very well here on a minimal skill set... Why turn it into a language debate?

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Craig71

Bring back Dominic Moore, he should have been signed the last time around, I dont know why the guy gets bounced around so much, he is a good player and for me, I will always remember that goal against Washington.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:36 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig71 View Post
bring back dominic moore, he should have been signed the last time around, i dont know why the guy gets bounced around so much, he is a good player and for me, i will always remember that goal against washington.
this.

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:47 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
hey ,

Once it came out that Markov wasn't ready for the season because of his knee people started worrying about the season. Don't act like you were predicting a playoff miss months before anyone else caught wind.

I don't care if Martin put Darche on the PP a few times, or out late in a game...that has LITERALLY NOTHING to do with what Darche is as a player, which is a 12/13 forward who doesn't really take anything off of the table, or bring anything particularly good to the table either.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Once it came out that Markov wasn't ready for the season because of his knee people started worrying about the season. Don't act like you were predicting a playoff miss months before anyone else caught wind.

I don't care if Martin put Darche on the PP a few times, or out late in a game...that has LITERALLY NOTHING to do with what Darche is as a player, which is a 12/13 forward who doesn't really take anything off of the table, or bring anything particularly good to the table either.
Sorry Jacques.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:01 PM
LeMAD

Let's sign him as a 13th forward and force youngters to outplay him.

Darche>>>Staubitz

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Darche et Campoli au sein du comité de négociations

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...gociations.php

--------------

also

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...-incertain.php
Quote:
Mathieu Darche wishes to pursue a career with the Canadian. But the team management is not so hot on the idea.

Darche, who is without a contract for next season, could become free agent without restriction on July 1. For the moment, discussions for a potential contract were short; Darche officer, Stephen Freyer, has had a single conversation with the Director general Marc Bergevin. The two men must speak again by the end of the week.

In an telephone interview with the press yesterday, Stephen Freyer seemed hardly optimistic. "I don't know what will happen, he summarized. I spoke with Marc Bergevin Monday, and we will talk again this week. We are in a position incertaine.»

Darche, a 35-year veteran who joined the Canadian in 2009, received a salary of $700,000 last season. He took part in 61 games, recording 12 points. He had to miss the final 21 games of the season because of a concussion.
------------------

http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/...27-120306.html
Quote:
Montreal - Mathieu Darche striker could well have worn the uniform of the Montreal Canadiens for the last time on 21 February, while he suffered a concussion.

A few days of the opening of the market for stand-alone players, the Québécois of 35 years has still received no consideration on the part of the Director general of the Montreal-based training, Marc Bergevin.

"I have spoken with the organization only once and it was not again discussed contract, said the officer Darche, Steve Freyer, the VAT Sports chain, Wednesday.".

"They told us that they would contact us later this week let us know their intentions to Mathieu.". However, they have not said that they wanted to offer a new agreement to my client.»

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-27-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old
06-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Let's sign him as a 13th forward and force youngters to outplay him.

Darche>>>Staubitz

You look at the standings, and tell me what sense it makes to try to develop a 35/36 year old over youngsters?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/standings/

Old
06-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halakalakaboom View Post
yeah right.

Did you watch the Habs when Staubitz came last year? They were compeletly transformed, everybody became more courageous.

I'm french myself but I hate Darche. I guess he represented too much of the Jacques Martin era and I really couldn't stand his long, borng interviews where he would say the same thing over and over. And he was always the same player being interviewed. Bye Bye mediocrity.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Stradale

I don't want him back with the Habs but I hope another team signs him. He's a good guy.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:40 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
You look at the standings, and tell me what sense it makes to try to develop a 35/36 year old over youngsters?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/standings/
If you tell me how keeping prospects as 4th liners or healthy scratches will help their development.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I don't want him back with the Habs but I hope another team signs him. He's a good guy.
Me too, if he wants to go play for scrap in AHL , fine.

If i was him i try KHL, Darche did put up around point per game in AHL , so in KHL he likely does pretty well ,and score a decent contract for retirement .

Old
06-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
If you tell me how keeping prospects as 4th liners or healthy scratches will help their development.
I can't explain why.lol
It's one of those mysteries only 2 people know why .

Old
06-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

@matdarche52

Quote:
On peut maintenant sauter aux conclusions. Très déçu mais il semble que je ne serai pas de retour l'an prochain. #decevant #cestunebusiness
Quote:
We can now jump to conclusions. It seems like I won't be back next year. #verydisapointed #itisabusiness

Jee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:43 PM
PhysicX

Darche, ct'un bon gars, mais y'est grand temps qu'y partes au plus sacrament!

Many have said it before, time for a tougher fourth line and no more Darche on the PP or with 2 minutes left in a game, losing by one goal. There's definitely better out there.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:44 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Thanks for some good years Darche. Hope he finds another job somewhere else. Very hard worker. Good luck!

x74Pacioretty74x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
@matdarche52

Like a lot of time in life, your the last one to know .

Best of luck Darche, I honesty think there's good money for you in KHL .
You can put up point per game in AHL, you need to try KHL and cash in for more than just $700,000.