HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Justin Schultz Discussion Part III (MOD WARNING #482)

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2012, 04:50 PM
navyduck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
This has probably been asked a thousand times, but why wasn't he able to sign with Anaheim?
Because someone told him of the loophole in the current CBA that would allow him to become a UFA. So he decided at some point to be quiet and not tell Anaheim and wait out till he could withdraw from school.

Just my opinion but pretty classless lying to an organization, in which you express interest of playing in as soon as possible, so you can play with friends, be close to family etc. and not give the team that has been waiting for you a chance to actually get something in return.

Old
06-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Steveo98

Why would he sign anywhere in Canada all the teams are terrible besides the Canucks.

Old
06-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
Well, the Canucks have technically been contenders for the last couple years, and I don't think that Schultz is the guy that if you get him, he'll get you there.

And what 22 year old single guy wants to be near his parents? They wanna be living it up with their best friend
So your saying if you were in Schultz shoes you'd rather go play for team who hasn't made the playoffs in 7 years, far away from your family just because your 'best friend' Plays there opposed to a team you grew up cheering for, where your family lives and you get to play for a team contending for the cup.

Old
06-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo98 View Post
Why would he sign anywhere in Canada all the teams are terrible besides the Canucks.
Well maybe he then signs with the Canucks

Old
06-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Oillio*
OMB god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
So your saying if you were in Schultz shoes you'd rather go play for team who hasn't made the playoffs in 7 years, far away from your family just because your 'best friend' Plays there opposed to a team you grew up cheering for, where your family lives and you get to play for a team contending for the cup.
i didnt know playing 5 playoff games qualifies a team as being a contender.

Old
06-27-2012, 04:56 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontalLombardomy View Post
Seeing the success of his best friend in Toronto has to bode well, especially now that there is a clear spot for the taking, likely beside the aforementioned best friend. Toronto certainly has one of the best shots at him.
Personal success, not team success. I would think seeing just how bad they have been for awhile would scare him away.

Old
06-27-2012, 04:58 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oillio View Post
That's five more than zero.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:01 PM
rune74

Quote:
Yeah not like we lost our top scorer to a viscous elbow to the head...had nothing to do with it...plus our team played twice as many hockey games in the last two years as the oilers

Old
06-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Kickassguy

Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Quote:
If the Kings proved anything, it's that simply even making the playoffs makes a team a contender.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:03 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorthander View Post
No starting goaltender, no number 1 center, weak forward depth, and a weakened prospect cupboard after trading too many high draft picks away.

But go ahead and tell me how dumb I am.
I'm not quite sure who you think you're talking to, but that isn't Brian Burke or John Ferguson.

It always makes me laugh when fans think they're above others because of the team they cheer for. You, him, nor anyone else on here has had anything to do with their team success or how they were built...

Calling someone dumb because of moves the management of their favorite team made, only gives evidence to the contrary... But hey, do whatever you need to make you feel big!

Old
06-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I mean it's not like the team was win away from cup just last, and it's not like the team has won back2back President's trophies. Vancouver has won more playoff games the last two years than both the Leafs and Oilers combined since the lockout.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:10 PM
xlnc66

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
Yeah not like we lost our top scorer to a viscous elbow to the head...had nothing to do with it...plus our team played twice as many hockey games in the last two years as the oilers
The Pens played the majority of the season without the best player in the game...if anyone should be using an injury excuse it's them.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Rafters

Quote:
I mean it's not like the team was win away from cup just last, and it's not like the team has won back2back President's trophies. Vancouver has won more playoff games the last two years than both the Leafs and Oilers combined since the lockout.
That would be 1 more game then the oilers.....but if u want to look at the past.....why would he sign with a team that has never won a cup

Old
06-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
True.
It's almost like posters believe that Schultz is reading this thread trying to decide where to sign.
If that were the case, I think he'd sign somewhere unexpected.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Bodmanza
pipsqueaks united

Canucks cups in last 2 years: 0
Oilers cups in last 2 years: 0

Fact.

That being said, while I hope he comes to Edmonton, I find it hard to believe he would pass up a Vancouver opportunity. I wouldn't.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:13 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
If that were the case, I think he'd sign somewhere unexpected.
LOL! The poor kid doesn't know what he's getting into if he signs with one of the rumoured Canadian clubs.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:15 PM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
This has probably been asked a thousand times, but why wasn't he able to sign with Anaheim?
He will make more money as a FA.

He also has the ability to choose to play for his team of liking.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:15 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodmanza View Post

Fact.

That being said, while I hope he comes to Edmonton, I find it hard to believe he would pass up a Vancouver opportunity. I wouldn't.
Canucks playoffs in last 2 years: 2
Oilers playoffs in last 2 years: 0

You could've done
Canucks cups in franchise: 0
Oilers cups in franchise: Too many

Old
06-27-2012, 05:16 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodmanza View Post

Fact.

I can't hear you. I have both of my President Trophies blocking my ears!
Darn, that just doesn't work as well when you take out the 'Stanley Cup rings' reference.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:16 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
LOL! The poor kid doesn't know what he's getting into if he signs with one of the rumoured Canadian clubs.
Thats what agents are for, though... To help them weigh their options and present all the factors to ensure their client makes the best decision for themself as not only a player, but a person.

Whatever team he chooses will own his rights until he's 27. Although its only a 2 year deal, its a longer commitment not withstanding a trade.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:17 PM
lefty2time*

all this talk about who did what...
Oh you never won a cup
Oh you havnt made the playoffs since the lockout.

bla bla bla

No one gives a **** about the past.
It's about next season.....and right now...the canucks look pretty darn good....the flames will struggles to make 7th/8th in the west. The oilers will most likely miss the playoffs by quite a bit (no goalie, no D...and a very young group of forwards).
TML will struggle to make 8th.....they will struggle more so than Cgy unless they get a goalie. Luongo will help them get in the playoffs.
Vancouver is obviously the strongest team going into nxt season (of Schultz alleged favorites).
You guys bicker about things in the past like they have any bearing on the future. They dont.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Oillio*
OMB god

Quote:
which is why schultz wont think he will be a big part of the canucks, they are doing fine without him.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Shorthander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
I'm not quite sure who you think you're talking to, but that isn't Brian Burke or John Ferguson.

It always makes me laugh when fans think they're above others because of the team they cheer for. You, him, nor anyone else on here has had anything to do with their team success or how they were built...

Calling someone dumb because of moves the management of their favorite team made, only gives evidence to the contrary... But hey, do whatever you need to make you feel big!
Nobody said anything about being "above" someone else, and I wasn't the one calling someone else dumb. Looks like reading comprehension really isn't your strong point, though.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Oillio*
OMB god

Flames GM Feaster said team approached Justin Schultz's agent to make a pitch but hasn't heard back. Looks like no interest in Calgary

https://twitter.com/SUNRandySportak/...03286778179585

Old
06-27-2012, 05:20 PM
nbducksfan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
He will make more money as a FA.

He also has the ability to choose to play for his team of liking.
He actually would have made more money signing immediately after college and turning pro and burning a year off his ELC.

Closed Thread