HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Engqvist to KHL

Old
06-27-2012, 04:23 PM
googlymoogly

vCash: 500
We seem to be well set at center now. He might of seen this and realized his chances were dwindled. I believe that Nattinen would be a better choice for a 4th line center as he is more aggressive than Engqvist.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Probably the most boring player I've ever seen play for the team. Nothing offensively, decent defensively, no puck possession, no hitting, no strong forechecking, not particularly good at faceoffs. He did not do anything bad, but he never did anything good. Plenty of better players available that at least bring a single element that makes them stand out more.

Nothing against the guy, but he certainly wasn't special.
Yea i'm happy with this. No more called up to the big club for useless minutes. Never understood what Goat/Martin saw in the guy. He was there to fill a jersey basically.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokentwigg View Post
Nice...but WRONG...lol..and hey..i'll be him for just a day...afterall, he played...YOU probably didn't!! lol
Wrong again Andreas

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
Im still bewildered why a guy with 0pt in the NHL has his own thread. He was useless when he played on the big club, invisible. At least he wont be taking time away from players like Bournival or Leblanc is he doesnt make the Habs this year.
L2FollowProspects

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I don't put a lot of value into the opinion of anyone who can close a book on a player after watching them play 15 games. It has nothing to do with whether or not I share that opinion or not. Maybe that's what I should have said instead.
fwiw, I knew what you meant. And it's not 15 games, it's 105 mins total... max, because we know these people haven't seen 5 seconds of him in Hamilton, let alone anything from his time in Sweden.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Uwey

In five years time this could very easily be a thread about Collberg who has already been penciled in by many as the Habs 2nd line winger in two years!!!

Uwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:02 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokentwigg View Post
Mac...sadly...Pouliot is a francophone....and that is why the interest is there!

15 games yes...but less than 4 minutes per game...nobody but the superstars are noticed in that amount of time!!
I noticed Dumont in the same amount of Ice Time when he was with the habs. When you play on the bottom 6 you're expected to give energy to the team, something Engqvist didn't do and pretty much looked bad for it.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is Hockey's Future. You can't write off a player who played limited minutes as an injury call-up with linemates he never got to practice with nor develop chemistry with. He has talent, you could see it in the AHL. 15 games is not enough to put the "bust" stamp.

I should open up http://www.hpboards.hockeyspresent.com, would make a killing.

Jack Bourdain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:33 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Never impressed by him. Soft 4th liner? Not interested.
This. He was the perfect player in the mold of Gauthier.

Good luck in the KHL. Wont miss you.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:07 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
How many games does it take. 100? 1000? The guy in your avatar played 8 total games last year. Should we have passed. I guarantee you, I put on a pair of skates, and jump on the ice for practice, you will take less than 15 seconds to decide that I ain't gonna make it. Never mind 15 games.

I compared him to Craig Darby. To me that's about all he is. If sometime during the season, Bergevin thinks, Man we could sure use Engqvist right now, then, he can go get him in Russia next summer, we still own his rights.
It certainly takes more than what we saw last year to really get an understanding of a prospect. Can you really tell me everything you need to know about a prospect before writing him off, given the fact that the guy played on the fourth line for 12 games last year, averaging under 10 minutes a game and only breaking just over 10 minutes of ice-time in one of those games? Is that window big enough for you to write off a prospect, just because he's taking longer to develop?

If so, hats off to you. It's not nearly enough for me and another full season in Hamilton would have been nice. However, perhaps his experience in the KHL will make him a better player for it and will season him for NHL play the following year. One can only hope.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:02 AM
SOLR

First, can we stop trying to read emotions in texts? (Quite a bit useless)

I have my opinion on a player after watching 25-30 AHL games and 10-15 NHL games + pre-season, most of the times, disagree all you want, my opinion is that Engqvist is not an NHLer and he will never be one because he doesn't have anything to brand himself with. Being well rounded is detrimental in some cases to your career. Just in one draft three guys at least jumped over him in the pecking order. Last year Leblanc passed him and Engqvist couldn't really take the opportunity, and run with it, in a team that was falling part. That's 2 things that shouldn't have happened for him in his career. It was the window, the window closed.(At least the first one) The second part of my opinion of him never playing in the NHL...the KHL, once you get there and you make the core of a team, even if you are playing at NHL level, the probability is that the KHL is willing to pay you more than the NHL to play on the 4th line.

An NHL expansion COULD possibly make me wrong and I've been wrong many times anyway, nothing wrong with that in my book. I rather humbly put my opinion out there and be critique, why else would I post here for?

Bergevin Qo Engqvist, he wanted him back to play with our rookies or maybe at best being at 13th forward. I think we can do better for the 13th forward spot and for the record I liked Darche quite a bit more than most here, would have kept him. But maybe theres the CBA affecting this decision, Bergevin wanted Darche on a 2 way because well, the ONLY way in 2012-2013 might be the AHL imo. I can see it from Darche's point of view as well and I hope he gets a one-way somewhere. (Maybe he's making a big mistake in not accepting a 2-way this year)

Anyone thinking I was "thrilled" to see Engqvist go because I said "Chow bye" is just dead wrong. I should have written this post I'm writing right now instead of the 2 liners, I confess.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:08 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
fwiw, I knew what you meant. And it's not 15 games, it's 105 mins total... max, because we know these people haven't seen 5 seconds of him in Hamilton, let alone anything from his time in Sweden.

This is what I love about these forums and hockey discussion in general. We disagree so much on Desharnais, yet our opinion on Engqvist is the exact same.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Garl

Engqvist is good, but not good enough for NHL. Not very physical or just dynamic for bottom line.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post

This is what I love about these forums and hockey discussion in general. We disagree so much on Desharnais, yet our opinion on Engqvist is the exact same.
Amen to that, bro.