HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The end of Mathieu Darche (turns down 2-way deal from Habs)

Old
06-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Poor Marc Bergevin.... the honeymoon will be officially over very soon.... or expect the Habs to make a strong run at Parenteau, Latendresse and Bouillon....

you'll see.....
I think MB has the proverbial "cojones" to deal with it.

I don't think he's the type of GM that will try to buy peace by signing quebeckers. He'll get peace when he wins and I believe he's going to take every step necessary to do so.

As a French-Canadian, I'd be thrilled if we could have a legit hometown hero like it was when I was a kid. That being said, there is no way I'd overpay for a draft pick or bonafide quebecker star unless it's to push for a cup run NOW and he's what I believe to be the missing piece.

Darche would be a great influence on the kids, but if he doesn't want a 2-way deal... tough. One less quebecker... big freaking deal...

The game is a business, GMs need to follow their heads more than their fans' (or their own) hearts.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
better francophone options???? i truly doubt that......
Forget about francos, I'm talking about players in general. We're not looking for coaches anymore.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Bob Cole

Thanks for your service Mathieu but dont let the door hit you on the way out. One of Bergevins easiest decisions of the Summer.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
better francophone options???? i truly doubt that......
there is a guy name Louis Leblanc isn't there?

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
How is the honeymoon going to end soon ? Because MB let go of Darche ?? Please

Honeymoon will eventually be over (just like with every other GM in the league at some point with a few exceptions) but not because of this. He made one questionnable move (Therien) but had a fantastic draft to compensate so all is well for now imho.
honeymoon will be over cause he let a francophone go and did not replace him, if they get an other francophone, he will be fine, since i doubt he will (except if they take a run , as i mentionned before at Parenteau, Bouillon or Latendresse) the honeymoon will be over as french media will start seriously question him and the fact that he aknowledge that the french factor was of premier importance in Montreal. And if the media turn on him, expect the casual fans to do so, and when the waive is in motion..... you never know how it's going to end....

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
jesus people, time to put darche in the past...were not going anywhere with him, and id rather have a rookie as a 13th forward like palushaj over him

thanks for the help matthieu mais criss, yetais temps

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:47 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Forget about francos, I'm talking about players in general. We're not looking for coaches anymore.
you don't get the fans and media in Montreal don't you???

Old
06-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Destoker

Thanks MB you've just made my day

Destoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
is this guy better than Darche?

he does have 114 power play goals and is UFA in few days,Martin would have thought hard on this one.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=758

As i said WAIT till Sept please.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:51 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
I think MB has the proverbial "cojones" to deal with it.

I don't think he's the type of GM that will try to buy peace by signing quebeckers. He'll get peace when he wins and I believe he's going to take every step necessary to do so.

As a French-Canadian, I'd be thrilled if we could have a legit hometown hero like it was when I was a kid. That being said, there is no way I'd overpay for a draft pick or bonafide quebecker star unless it's to push for a cup run NOW and he's what I believe to be the missing piece.

Darche would be a great influence on the kids, but if he doesn't want a 2-way deal... tough. One less quebecker... big freaking deal...

The game is a business, GMs need to follow their heads more than their fans' (or their own) hearts.
well things were said, and if he goes against that, who knows the reaction it will entitled.... Only hope for him, is that he is a better communication guy that Gainey of Gauthier may ever wish they'd been. If he as a plan, don't mind explain it, and brings result, than good for him BUT if he doesn't go with some french options, his leash will be very very short...

Old
06-27-2012, 05:51 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
A class act and a good lockeroom guy to have but if the speculation is true that he has refused a two-way contract, then best of luck on finding work elsewhere.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:55 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
A class act and a good lockeroom guy to have but if the speculation is true that he has refused a two-way contract, then best of luck on finding work elsewhere.
Yzerman disagrees. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he did sign him to complete the ex-Hab trio of Pyatt, Pouliot and Darche.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:59 PM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
honeymoon will be over cause he let a francophone go and did not replace him, if they get an other francophone, he will be fine, since i doubt he will (except if they take a run , as i mentionned before at Parenteau, Bouillon or Latendresse) the honeymoon will be over as french media will start seriously question him and the fact that he aknowledge that the french factor was of premier importance in Montreal. And if the media turn on him, expect the casual fans to do so, and when the waive is in motion..... you never know how it's going to end....
Maybe the worst way to look at things I've ever seen. I hope fans, and management alike don't seriously look at things like this. Wow.

I understand a manager, a coach, someone who has to deal with the media constantly, but all the way down the line!? Yikes, I might struggle cheering for the Habs in the future, if language becomes superior to skill.

TwineSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:59 PM
tiz

I hope this means Staubitz gets the 13th spot.

tiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

don't cry for me argentina....

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
No, you don't understand.

The media will push for coaches and administration in french, for players, they are tolerant, unless you have to choose between Letang or Yandle. Or Fischer vs Giroux. There are like 700 players in the league.

I think that bringing back Bouillon if a guy like Bryan Allen is available is a mistake. And I'd get Bernier before Latendresse, even if there are many other options.

If you think Bergevin will build the roster based on media requirements, you're wrong my friend. If he brings more francophone players it's because it's part of his plan.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:04 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWhite53 View Post
Maybe the worst way to look at things I've ever seen. I hope fans, and management alike don't seriously look at things like this. Wow.

I understand a manager, a coach, someone who has to deal with the media constantly, but all the way down the line!? Yikes, I might struggle cheering for the Habs in the future, if language becomes superior to skill.
well it is what it is.... If he didn't believe it, he should have said so, as soon as he was hired.... wait, if he would have not agree to this, which was one of the feature point of Molson and Savard upon the research and hiring of a new GM, he would not have gotten the job....

As i said, it will mean nothing, if he goes and get a francophone UFA or a francophone in a thread but if not... i don't think it will end in a good way.....

Old
06-27-2012, 06:04 PM
PhysicX

Funny how the language issue ALWAYS appears when a francophone player gets traded by Montreal or doesn't get a contract offer or whatever... There are better options and players than Mathieu Darche that could fill our 12th or 13th forward roster spot.

Time to search for some Bertrand Raymond whining and sobbing articles about Montreal losing its francophone identity.

PhysicX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:08 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
No, you don't understand.

The media will push for coaches and administration in french, for players, they are tolerant, unless you have to choose between Letang or Yandle. Or Fischer vs Giroux. There are like 700 players in the league.

I think that bringing back Bouillon if a guy like Bryan Allen is available is a mistake. And I'd get Bernier before Latendresse, even if there are many other options.

If you think Bergevin will build the roster based on media requirements, you're wrong my friend. If he brings more francophone players it's because it's part of his plan.
I think you're wrong, they can stop complaining about the fact that there is not enough french canadian player on the team... Last year they had Cunneyworth to complain about which meant the player factor was not in full throttle but if we get less francophone, they will be back at it and if for a Darche, who is a francophone who sweats and bleeds bleu blanc rouge and you get and anglophone 13th forward whose not much better than he is.... it's going to turn ugly

Old
06-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Even Michel Bergeron says he understands. Stats & age played against him, he says. He's right, too.

Our fourth line won't be smurfs this year. Not with Bergevin, Dudley and Therrien in charge.

I expect another year for him in the league, if that, in Tampa Bay maybe, then he'll be a talking head on TV. TVA Sports could use him in Breezer's old chair.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Not sure how any of that spells "the end" of Darche. Moen is also in the same situation...sort of.

If the Habs don't re-sign him I'm sure he'll find a spot on somebody's 4th line. Coaches always have room for a guy that busts his butt, is reliable defensively and can kill penalities.

Edit. I find it moronic how somebody can be a Habs fan and be happy taht this guy is gone. Yes maybe we can replace him with a better player(we don't know at this point) but just to blindly think that a guy that bleeds bleu blanc et rouge has to go is ridiculous.
I find it moronic how somebody can be a Habs fan and think that the team can improve without letting some players go. Especially plugs like this.

It's not thinking outside the box, it's really just thinking like someone who can think.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:10 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Funny how the language issue ALWAYS appears when a francophone player gets traded by Montreal or doesn't get a contract offer or whatever... There are better options and players than Mathieu Darche that could fill our 12th or 13th forward roster spot.

Time to search for some Bertrand Raymond whining and sobbing articles about Montreal losing its francophone identity.
not yet, but mark my word, it will come....

PS; On 98.5FM Michel Bergeron says the departure of Darche while sad was expected and understandable, but he thinks seriously that Parenteau or Steve Bernier will be habs bound after july 1st.... an eye for an eye... a french for a french....

Old
06-27-2012, 06:12 PM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
I think you're wrong, they can stop complaining about the fact that there is not enough french canadian player on the team... Last year they had Cunneyworth to complain about which meant the player factor was not in full throttle but if we get less francophone, they will be back at it and if for a Darche, who is a francophone who sweats and bleeds bleu blanc rouge and you get and anglophone 13th forward whose not much better than he is.... it's going to turn ugly
Every one of your posts in this thread so far has ended with an idle threat, so on that note, I'm done acknowledging you.

TwineSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
cut the drama

Old
MXD

Not sure about this decision.

Darch would've made an ideal 13th (or 14th...) forward, and he certainly makes more sense than, say, Ryan White, to play on the 2nd line in a pinch.

And I'd really rather have Darche watching 60% of the games from the pressbox than, let's say... Ryan White.

I get the point of letting him go - but they better have a good solution for that spare forward spot. Probably means some prospect (or suspect, if Aaron Palushaj) will end up being shuffled from Hamilton to Montreal. That, and only that, would have meant that Darche's signing would have made sense.

On the other hand, no use keeping a 37 year old player to be a backliner. Actually, I think they would have kept Darche, but there's no point for him to accept a 2-way deal at this very point of the year.

And dumping Darche makes no sense if it means signing Parenteau at a 5.5M deal for 5 years.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote