HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trip Down Memory Lane

Old
06-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Corn Baller

vCash: 500
Trip Down Memory Lane

After reading this take on Shanahan's Hall of Fame snub, it got me trying to recall all of the events surrounding the Florida "Retreat" team fight, the affair, Keenan and Hull, the Pronger trade, etc.

After all these years, have we ever unearthed what really happened in the short season where everything went to hell?

Corn Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:06 PM
The Grouch
Enraged

Obviously I don't know all of the details of what transpired(though I've heard quite a few stories over the years), but if true(that Shanahan was kept out based on those events), it must have been pretty severe for the voters to still be scorned by it 17 years later.

Until this day Shanahan is still married to the woman in question, so it's not like it was a cheap marriage destroying fling.

Based on their play alone, I think it's ridiculous that Oates, Sundin, and Bure got the nod over Shanahan, but as I said before, perhaps fans aren't privy to all of the details.

The Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grouch View Post
Obviously I don't know all of the details of what transpired(though I've heard quite a few stories over the years), but if true(that Shanahan was kept out based on those events), it must have been pretty severe for the voters to still be scorned by it 17 years later.

Until this day Shanahan is still married to the woman in question, so it's not like it was a cheap marriage destroying fling.

Based on their play alone, I think it's ridiculous that Oates, Sundin, and Bure got the nod over Shanahan, but as I said before, perhaps fans aren't privy to all of the details.
Shanahan will get in next year. Oates and Sundin have been waiting a LOT LONGER to get in.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Memento
Missourian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Shanahan will get in next year. Oates and Sundin have been waiting a LOT LONGER to get in.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you meant Bure, right? This was Sundin's first year of eligibility.

By the way, I agree on everything else.

Last edited by Memento: 06-27-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Memento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:43 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento View Post
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you meant Bure, right? This was Sundin's first year of eligibility.

By the way, I agree on everything else.
It was Sundin 1st year of eligibility. I'm scratching my head on why Bure got in before Shanny however.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:26 AM
Linus

vCash: 50
What was the Florida retreat team fight?

Linus is offline   Reply With Quote