HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Caps Likely to Deal Semin's Rights

Old
06-27-2012, 06:33 PM
HeyMattyB
Caps Fan in Philly

vCash: 500
Oh, I would definitely prefer for the Caps to re-sign Semin at a reasonable rate for a decent amount of term, or big money and short term. But not BOTH. Definitely not at the 5-7 years, $7M deal he's reportedly looking for.

So, if GMGM has decided he's definitely not going to re-sign him, just want to get the best return on trading his rights away.

HeyMattyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:35 PM
MW6

Semin + Laich for Franzen

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:36 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
LOL. Wings fans (me) despise Franzen so i would actually do this because it would allow the Wings to pursue Parise too even if they sign Suter and Semin.

Scratch that. Didnt realize his cap hit was similar to Franzen's........ehh i would still do it because i cant stand Franzen.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:39 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Every Red Wing fan is trying to pawn Franzen off in a trade.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:40 PM
YogiCanucks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Calgary sends:

A box of Feasters finest jelly dounuts.

to

Washington For:

Alexander "Bongo Drums" Semin
Feaster donuts are untouchable. Though there are several truck loads of carrots, celery and other raw veggies as well as a treadmill that can be thrown into the deal.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:41 PM
MW6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
LOL. Wings fans (me) despise Franzen so i would actually do this because it would allow the Wings to pursue Parise too even if they sign Suter and Semin.

Scratch that. Didnt realize his cap hit was similar to Franzen's........ehh i would still do it because i cant stand Franzen.
Why do you despise him so bad? Because of him floating from time to time?

Old
06-27-2012, 06:41 PM
SCARFACE909

I think Semin would be interesting on LA. If they miss out on Parise or determine they can't fit him in without losing one of Quick or Brown long term then I'd like to see them kick the tires of Alex and see what happens.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:42 PM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusT View Post
idk, maybe some Caps fans can back me up on this, but to my knowledge, Semin was their best player in the 2nd half of the year. I realize he started out the year real wack, but hes still a great player in this league.
Honestly, I'd love him on the Rangers.
There are far too many ignorant fans that will scan a message board and just spread the "Semin is a lazy, selfish Russian floater" stereotype without ever watching him play. Thankfully GMs arent those people.
Semin actually plays good defense, solid positionally, very good at takeways, can be outmuscled on the boards but does battle.

The real issue with him is, 50% of his playoff series he's fantastic, but 50% of his playoff series he's brought almost 0 offensively -- and if you pay him $6m+, that's the playoff series that you're gonna have a very hard time winning, because all of a sudden a major source that you counted on for production just dries up. We used to think it was lack of a good center in DC, but last year he played with Backstrom against opposition 2nd pair, and the record stayed the same -- great in one series, absent offensively in the next.

So, he's inconsistent. If the rest of your team is very deep offensively, perhaps he can be a great fit and will get you over the hump -- if others can pick up the slack when he's misfiring. But if you have to rely on him to continuously provide a big chunk of your offense, then he's a very big risk..

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:43 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Why do you despise him so bad? Because of him floating from time to time?
He is a lazy sack of **** who's claim to fame is his playoff mode. When the playoff mode never comes, you realize you just witnessed a player do absolutely nothing for literally an entire year.

Old
06-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Zbynek

Just an FYI. Shero has already stated on a Pittsburgh radio station he will not trade for any player's rights.

Still a little sour about losing that 3rd for Hamhuis 2 years ago I suppose

Zbynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:52 PM
BamaWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Please go to Detroit.
Detroit would still go after Parise if available

BamaWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:53 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
Heh, well, it's the next best thing to doing the right thing, which would've been to trade those players when it became clear that they were unlikely to be back.

So basically, he doesn't the brains & balls to dump a girl he doesn't truly love, but year(s) later he's kind enough to tell her it's over, before her dad writes the check for the wedding. Smart, stand up guy
when was he supposed to trade them? The deadline? The caps were a playoff team. You trade semin for a 1st, you're immediately going to say "we need top 6 help, what can we get for this 1st?".

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Feaster donuts are untouchable. Though there are several truck loads of carrots, celery and other raw veggies as well as a treadmill that can be thrown into the deal.
This is kind of a pointless discussion anyway because they all have no movement clauses.

Zoidberg Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:54 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
i was hoping with oates and ribeiro hed resign, o well
I assumed when Ribeiro was brought in, Semin was likely gone.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Semin needs to go to a franchise where:

* No spotlight
* Little structure
* Large insular Russian community

I'm thinking the Island! He can put up 65 anonymous points and no one will give a shizz!

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

the Wild hate russians. we're out of this one.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MW6

Quote:
He is a lazy sack of **** who's claim to fame is his playoff mode. When the playoff mode never comes, you realize you just witnessed a player do absolutely nothing for literally an entire year.
Well, if 25-25-50pts seasons is him being lazy and he turns it on from that in the playoffs I'll gladly take him of your hands. Anyway we can keep Laich?

Old
06-27-2012, 07:00 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Well, if 25-25-50pts seasons is him being lazy and he turns it on from that in the playoffs I'll gladly take him of your hands. Anyway we can keep Laich?
Those numbers are deceiving. He does well for like two weeks and takes two weeks off after. You forgive his no shows for the supposed playoff mode. Unfortunately this year he was garbage and last year he was injured. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last year, but after watching him not even attempt to chase pucks into corners/hustle or do anything remotely physical this year......i gave up on "the mule" aka the jack***

Old
06-27-2012, 07:01 PM
lakai17

Nick Schultz + Ales Hemsky for Orlov + Semin

Semin-RNH-Yakupov
Hall-Gagner-Eberle

how nasty would that be for a top six?

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:14 PM
FlashyG

Quote:
Nothing but lead the team in goals for the past 2 seasons while making less than 4 million a season.

I'd like to get Semin's rights but not for Franzen. If we're going to trade him it better be for more than rights to a player that will be a UFA in a few days.

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:17 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
Nothing but lead the team in goals for the past 2 seasons while making less than 4 million a season.

I'd like to get Semin's rights but not for Franzen. If we're going to trade him it better be for more than rights to a player that will be a UFA in a few days.
Well he offered Laich too. Dude i just cant stand lazy floaters. It's beyond infuriating. Yeah i understand a few games, but the guy just takes months off and you say, "OK he will turn it on in the playoffs." When that doesnt happen you feel like you just got robbed.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Nick Schultz + Ales Hemsky for Orlov + Semin

Semin-RNH-Yakupov
Hall-Gagner-Eberle

how nasty would that be for a top six?
I actually like the hemsky for semin trade.

EDM needs a more established sniper, and hemsky may be magic beside ovechkin and backstrom

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Jaded-Fan

Apparently Dreger said earlier today on NHL live that the Penguins are interested in Alexander Semin.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Mondello
One, and out....

I'd love to see Shero sign Semin to have a go on Sid's wing. Why the hell not? Could be awesome.

Mondello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:26 PM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
when was he supposed to trade them? The deadline? The caps were a playoff team. You trade semin for a 1st, you're immediately going to say "we need top 6 help, what can we get for this 1st?".
In Semin's case, he should've been traded in the summer after any one of Caps early exits, and surely last summer, if they unsure about signing him long term. If you do it in the summer, you have cap space and time to sign replacement(s).

Basically, what Pens did with Staal. You make a decision about what's the best you can offer him, he doesn't take it, you ship him out for best possible return (or close to it). Did the Pens end up hurting their playoff hopes? Hell no, they got great assets back, and now they have cap space to go out and sign whoever, maybe Semin, lol. If it were the opposite, imagine Staal walking next year for nothing, Caps having traded Semin for a 1st and great prospect, then Caps sign Staal. Who's better off?

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote