HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL - Brian Burke fired

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2012, 04:47 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
And Suter's price just went up because of that contract, even if it is the Flames. He'll get $8M+ easily.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:42 PM
zytz
lumberjack

vCash: 500
Yikes @ the Wideman contract. There was a time I thought we should go after him... glad I changed my mind.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:51 PM
DonToews Inferno

Seabs' contract is looking pretty good right now.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:53 PM
MagicSlap*

I was laughing my ass off when people were complaining about his contract.

Old
06-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I didn't miss anything.
He was still a #2 Dman at the end of the 10-11 season.

Jan 1 2011 and on, he only palyed in 4 games with less than 19:40 TOI.
In 24 of those games, he played more than 22mins.

Ya, really sheltered.

So where are you getting your stats from? Because you're wrong, again.
I actually watched the games. Not hard to get leaf games here. Definitely was being kept away from top lines. Not a #2 defenseman at all, just no one worth playing more on your sad sack leafs.

You should try it some time. I'm still right and schenn still sucks, then and now. Lol

Have to admit, I am looking forward to the amount of twisting you do next time when you try to explain, if Schenn was so good he was #2 d-man on the Leafs, why they never got above 25th in the league defensively in four seasons with him, and included a dead last and a second last place finish. Again, some day you're going to need to learn the difference between "being a #2 defenseman" and "SUCCEEDING at being a #2 defenseman". There was a REASON he was kicked down to #7 over time, no matter how much you squirm to deny it. Most of us got that difference when we figured out the basics of player analysis, so when you get to that point, let us know...

Last edited by Crazy_Ike: 06-27-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old
06-27-2012, 06:31 PM
ndgt10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
And Suter's price just went up because of that contract, even if it is the Flames. He'll get $8M+ easily.
Suter will get 9M

Old
06-27-2012, 06:54 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

I don't know about the logic here, look at what Wiz got last year. It's more about what players get paid to go to certain markets. If you're not going to a contender, you're going to get maximum value.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
I actually watched the games. Not hard to get leaf games here. Definitely was being kept away from top lines. Not a #2 defenseman at all, just no one worth playing more on your sad sack leafs.

You should try it some time. I'm still right and schenn still sucks, then and now. Lol

Have to admit, I am looking forward to the amount of twisting you do next time when you try to explain, if Schenn was so good he was #2 d-man on the Leafs, why they never got above 25th in the league defensively in four seasons with him, and included a dead last and a second last place finish. Again, some day you're going to need to learn the difference between "being a #2 defenseman" and "SUCCEEDING at being a #2 defenseman". There was a REASON he was kicked down to #7 over time, no matter how much you squirm to deny it. Most of us got that difference when we figured out the basics of player analysis, so when you get to that point, let us know...
He's going to be better than Hammer, and thats the point.

No point trying to keep arguing with someone as clueless as you.

Old
06-27-2012, 08:17 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Flames just paid the "Oh God, please, please, please play for us!" tax.

Old
06-27-2012, 09:05 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:

You're the only person who agrees with you despite everyone else disagreeing and we're clueless. Funny logic.

Old
06-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
You mean, you THINK he is going to be better than Hjalmarsson.

He isn't now and hasn't been progressing that direction. But yes, give or take six years or so, he may gain enough hockey sense to stop dashing grossly out of position to deal a big hit while letting his team get scored upon at which point he will stop being a liability on the ice like he is now (as proven by how two different coaches handled him, and the fact Burke gave up on him, even though he was at one time the centerpiece of his team ideal).

Quote:
Statistically you failed to make your case whereas mine is quite solid. You yourself agreed that he was also a complete failure last season. In fact, the only part of your argument that isn't in complete tatters is the idea that he MAY develop into a reasonably good defenseman someday, and I never disagreed with that.

Schenn's upside is better than Hjalmarsson's, and that's what Philly paid for, but he's far less likely to reach it and much further away from it.

I'm glad I had this opportunity to show you some proper player analysis and maybe show you a mistake or two you made, but sometimes I wonder if Magicslap had the right idea in the first place...

As for Wideman... well there's really no explanation for that. That's a move designed to ensure mediocrity for the foreseeable future. The Flames are not a well run organization.

Old
06-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Illinihockey

I don't think the Wideman contract effects Suter, it effects the 2nd tier of players who are all extremely excited right now.

Old
06-27-2012, 10:26 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Look at what Wideman was projected to get, then look at what Suter was projected to get before the Wideman signing. Look at what Wideman got, and tell me this doesn't raise the asking price for Suter.

Old
06-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelugasandBHawks View Post
Look at what Wideman was projected to get, then look at what Suter was projected to get before the Wideman signing. Look at what Wideman got, and tell me this doesn't raise the asking price for Suter.
Thats not how it works. Suter isn't all of a sudden going to get Crosby money because Wideman was overpaid. There is a ceiling on what he'll get, its probably 7.5-8 mil.

Old
06-27-2012, 10:48 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Thats not how it works. Suter isn't all of a sudden going to get Crosby money because Wideman was overpaid. There is a ceiling on what he'll get, its probably 7.5-8 mil.
He will be significantly overpaid. By whom exactly remains a mystery. I expect Detroit to push and offer him 8.25 for 6 years. If he doesn't take that he's nuts. That is, unless he gets a better offer from a better team.

2,000 POSTS!!!!

Old
06-27-2012, 10:55 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
He will be significantly overpaid. By whom exactly remains a mystery. I expect Detroit to push and offer him 8.25 for 6 years. If he doesn't take that he's nuts. That is, unless he gets a better offer from a better team.

2,000 POSTS!!!!
As the old saying goes, you are not your post count.

But yeah, Wideman's deal has nothing to do with the Suter sweepstakes, just bumps up what guys below Wideman will get.

Old
06-27-2012, 11:01 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
But yeah, Wideman's deal has nothing to do with the Suter sweepstakes, just bumps up what guys below Wideman will get.
Why wouldn't it affect Suter? The guys below Wideman would see minimal change in what their salaries would be, whereas the man above Wideman, Suter, now realizes that the market is now more desperate than he thought for defensemen like Wideman, so HE'LL be the one getting the big raise, wouldn't he?

Old
06-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Why wouldn't it affect Suter? The guys below Wideman would see minimal change in what their salaries would be, whereas the man above Wideman, Suter, now realizes that the market is now more desperate than he thought for defensemen like Wideman, so HE'LL be the one getting the big raise, wouldn't he?
No, because like I said, there is a ceiling to what a guy who isn't even a #1 defenseman is worth. A lower tier guy getting overpaid isn't goin to expand that market.

Old
06-27-2012, 11:05 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
No, because like I said, there is a ceiling to what a guy who isn't even a #1 defenseman is worth. A lower tier guy getting overpaid isn't goin to expand that market.
Wouldn't a lower tier guy getting overpaid raise the likelihood of the higher tier guys getting heftier salaries?

Old
06-27-2012, 11:09 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Suter has been going to get 7.5 and 8.25 million since the 2012 season started IMO. Wideman signing changes nothing.

Old
06-27-2012, 11:13 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Wouldn't a lower tier guy getting overpaid raise the likelihood of the higher tier guys getting heftier salaries?
No. It wouldn't. Suter's demand doesn't increase because of what Wideman made, it's already pretty much set. He'll go to the highest bidder (unless he chooses otherwise), but teams aren't going to just increase their bids because of what Wideman got.

Old
06-27-2012, 11:25 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
No. It wouldn't. Suter's demand doesn't increase because of what Wideman made, it's already pretty much set. He'll go to the highest bidder (unless he chooses otherwise), but teams aren't going to just increase their bids because of what Wideman got.
Higher demand means higher price. If there's a higher demand for Wideman, I'll sure as hell bet there'll be a much higher demand for Suter, thus, making the price tag much higher.

Old
06-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:
Higher demand means higher price. If there's a higher demand for Wideman, I'll sure as hell bet there'll be a much higher demand for Suter, thus, making the price tag much higher.
No one's going after Suter because they lost out on Wideman.

Old
06-28-2012, 12:00 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
No one's going after Suter because they lost out on Wideman.
HELLO EXACTLY!

Wideman's deal doesn't change anything about Suter. It's just gonna effect the guys below Wideman: the Kubinas, the Willie Mitchells, the Gills, etc etc.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:15 AM
Cullksinikers

Looking forward to playing Calgary even more.

Closed Thread