HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL - Brian Burke fired

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2012, 04:47 PM
  #326
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 58,410
vCash: 50
And Suter's price just went up because of that contract, even if it is the Flames. He'll get $8M+ easily.

RayP is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 05:42 PM
  #327
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,815
vCash: 500
Yikes @ the Wideman contract. There was a time I thought we should go after him... glad I changed my mind.

zytz is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 05:51 PM
  #328
DonToews Inferno
Registered User
 
DonToews Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Seabs' contract is looking pretty good right now.

DonToews Inferno is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 05:53 PM
  #329
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
I was laughing my ass off when people were complaining about his contract.

MagicSlap* is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 06:09 PM
  #330
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.
 
Crazy_Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I didn't miss anything.
He was still a #2 Dman at the end of the 10-11 season.

Jan 1 2011 and on, he only palyed in 4 games with less than 19:40 TOI.
In 24 of those games, he played more than 22mins.

Ya, really sheltered.

So where are you getting your stats from? Because you're wrong, again.
I actually watched the games. Not hard to get leaf games here. Definitely was being kept away from top lines. Not a #2 defenseman at all, just no one worth playing more on your sad sack leafs.

You should try it some time. I'm still right and schenn still sucks, then and now. Lol



Have to admit, I am looking forward to the amount of twisting you do next time when you try to explain, if Schenn was so good he was #2 d-man on the Leafs, why they never got above 25th in the league defensively in four seasons with him, and included a dead last and a second last place finish. Again, some day you're going to need to learn the difference between "being a #2 defenseman" and "SUCCEEDING at being a #2 defenseman". There was a REASON he was kicked down to #7 over time, no matter how much you squirm to deny it. Most of us got that difference when we figured out the basics of player analysis, so when you get to that point, let us know...


Last edited by Crazy_Ike: 06-27-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Crazy_Ike is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 06:31 PM
  #331
ndgt10
Registered User
 
ndgt10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Poland
Country: United States
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
And Suter's price just went up because of that contract, even if it is the Flames. He'll get $8M+ easily.
Suter will get 9M

ndgt10 is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 06:54 PM
  #332
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User
 
deytookerjaabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,833
vCash: 500
I don't know about the logic here, look at what Wiz got last year. It's more about what players get paid to go to certain markets. If you're not going to a contender, you're going to get maximum value.

deytookerjaabs is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:57 PM
  #333
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
I actually watched the games. Not hard to get leaf games here. Definitely was being kept away from top lines. Not a #2 defenseman at all, just no one worth playing more on your sad sack leafs.

You should try it some time. I'm still right and schenn still sucks, then and now. Lol



Have to admit, I am looking forward to the amount of twisting you do next time when you try to explain, if Schenn was so good he was #2 d-man on the Leafs, why they never got above 25th in the league defensively in four seasons with him, and included a dead last and a second last place finish. Again, some day you're going to need to learn the difference between "being a #2 defenseman" and "SUCCEEDING at being a #2 defenseman". There was a REASON he was kicked down to #7 over time, no matter how much you squirm to deny it. Most of us got that difference when we figured out the basics of player analysis, so when you get to that point, let us know...
He's going to be better than Hammer, and thats the point.

No point trying to keep arguing with someone as clueless as you.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 08:17 PM
  #334
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shogunate of Nofunia
Country: Fiji
Posts: 28,628
vCash: 1
Flames just paid the "Oh God, please, please, please play for us!" tax.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:05 PM
  #335
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
He's going to be better than Hammer, and thats the point.

No point trying to keep arguing with someone as clueless as you.
You're the only person who agrees with you despite everyone else disagreeing and we're clueless. Funny logic.

MagicSlap* is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:20 PM
  #336
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.
 
Crazy_Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
He's going to be better than Hammer, and thats the point.
You mean, you THINK he is going to be better than Hjalmarsson.

He isn't now and hasn't been progressing that direction. But yes, give or take six years or so, he may gain enough hockey sense to stop dashing grossly out of position to deal a big hit while letting his team get scored upon at which point he will stop being a liability on the ice like he is now (as proven by how two different coaches handled him, and the fact Burke gave up on him, even though he was at one time the centerpiece of his team ideal).

Quote:
No point trying to keep arguing with someone as clueless as you.
Statistically you failed to make your case whereas mine is quite solid. You yourself agreed that he was also a complete failure last season. In fact, the only part of your argument that isn't in complete tatters is the idea that he MAY develop into a reasonably good defenseman someday, and I never disagreed with that.

Schenn's upside is better than Hjalmarsson's, and that's what Philly paid for, but he's far less likely to reach it and much further away from it.

I'm glad I had this opportunity to show you some proper player analysis and maybe show you a mistake or two you made, but sometimes I wonder if Magicslap had the right idea in the first place...



As for Wideman... well there's really no explanation for that. That's a move designed to ensure mediocrity for the foreseeable future. The Flames are not a well run organization.

Crazy_Ike is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 10:06 PM
  #337
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,440
vCash: 500
I don't think the Wideman contract effects Suter, it effects the 2nd tier of players who are all extremely excited right now.

Illinihockey is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 10:26 PM
  #338
BBH
34|38|61|10|13
 
BBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, IL, US of A
Country: United States
Posts: 4,208
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Look at what Wideman was projected to get, then look at what Suter was projected to get before the Wideman signing. Look at what Wideman got, and tell me this doesn't raise the asking price for Suter.

BBH is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 10:35 PM
  #339
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelugasandBHawks View Post
Look at what Wideman was projected to get, then look at what Suter was projected to get before the Wideman signing. Look at what Wideman got, and tell me this doesn't raise the asking price for Suter.
Thats not how it works. Suter isn't all of a sudden going to get Crosby money because Wideman was overpaid. There is a ceiling on what he'll get, its probably 7.5-8 mil.

Illinihockey is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 10:48 PM
  #340
BBH
34|38|61|10|13
 
BBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, IL, US of A
Country: United States
Posts: 4,208
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Thats not how it works. Suter isn't all of a sudden going to get Crosby money because Wideman was overpaid. There is a ceiling on what he'll get, its probably 7.5-8 mil.
He will be significantly overpaid. By whom exactly remains a mystery. I expect Detroit to push and offer him 8.25 for 6 years. If he doesn't take that he's nuts. That is, unless he gets a better offer from a better team.

2,000 POSTS!!!!

BBH is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 10:55 PM
  #341
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 19,575
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelugasandBHawks View Post
He will be significantly overpaid. By whom exactly remains a mystery. I expect Detroit to push and offer him 8.25 for 6 years. If he doesn't take that he's nuts. That is, unless he gets a better offer from a better team.

2,000 POSTS!!!!
As the old saying goes, you are not your post count.

But yeah, Wideman's deal has nothing to do with the Suter sweepstakes, just bumps up what guys below Wideman will get.

IU Hawks fan is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 11:01 PM
  #342
BBH
34|38|61|10|13
 
BBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, IL, US of A
Country: United States
Posts: 4,208
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
But yeah, Wideman's deal has nothing to do with the Suter sweepstakes, just bumps up what guys below Wideman will get.
Why wouldn't it affect Suter? The guys below Wideman would see minimal change in what their salaries would be, whereas the man above Wideman, Suter, now realizes that the market is now more desperate than he thought for defensemen like Wideman, so HE'LL be the one getting the big raise, wouldn't he?

BBH is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 11:03 PM
  #343
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelugasandBHawks View Post
Why wouldn't it affect Suter? The guys below Wideman would see minimal change in what their salaries would be, whereas the man above Wideman, Suter, now realizes that the market is now more desperate than he thought for defensemen like Wideman, so HE'LL be the one getting the big raise, wouldn't he?
No, because like I said, there is a ceiling to what a guy who isn't even a #1 defenseman is worth. A lower tier guy getting overpaid isn't goin to expand that market.

Illinihockey is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 11:05 PM
  #344
BBH
34|38|61|10|13
 
BBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, IL, US of A
Country: United States
Posts: 4,208
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
No, because like I said, there is a ceiling to what a guy who isn't even a #1 defenseman is worth. A lower tier guy getting overpaid isn't goin to expand that market.
Wouldn't a lower tier guy getting overpaid raise the likelihood of the higher tier guys getting heftier salaries?

BBH is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 11:09 PM
  #345
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,087
vCash: 500
Suter has been going to get 7.5 and 8.25 million since the 2012 season started IMO. Wideman signing changes nothing.

xX Hot Fuss is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 11:13 PM
  #346
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 19,575
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelugasandBHawks View Post
Wouldn't a lower tier guy getting overpaid raise the likelihood of the higher tier guys getting heftier salaries?
No. It wouldn't. Suter's demand doesn't increase because of what Wideman made, it's already pretty much set. He'll go to the highest bidder (unless he chooses otherwise), but teams aren't going to just increase their bids because of what Wideman got.

IU Hawks fan is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 11:25 PM
  #347
BBH
34|38|61|10|13
 
BBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, IL, US of A
Country: United States
Posts: 4,208
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
No. It wouldn't. Suter's demand doesn't increase because of what Wideman made, it's already pretty much set. He'll go to the highest bidder (unless he chooses otherwise), but teams aren't going to just increase their bids because of what Wideman got.
Higher demand means higher price. If there's a higher demand for Wideman, I'll sure as hell bet there'll be a much higher demand for Suter, thus, making the price tag much higher.

BBH is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 11:42 PM
  #348
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 26,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelugasandBHawks View Post
Higher demand means higher price. If there's a higher demand for Wideman, I'll sure as hell bet there'll be a much higher demand for Suter, thus, making the price tag much higher.
No one's going after Suter because they lost out on Wideman.

Gootie is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 12:00 AM
  #349
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 19,575
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
No one's going after Suter because they lost out on Wideman.
HELLO EXACTLY!

Wideman's deal doesn't change anything about Suter. It's just gonna effect the guys below Wideman: the Kubinas, the Willie Mitchells, the Gills, etc etc.

IU Hawks fan is online now  
Old
06-28-2012, 01:15 AM
  #350
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,697
vCash: 500
Looking forward to playing Calgary even more.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.