HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The end of Mathieu Darche (turns down 2-way deal from Habs)

Old
06-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
only in montreal is a 35 y.o journeyman with THIRTY career NHL goals being let go a story. thanks Mat, you were a good soldier good luck...time to find some size and grit for 4th line

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:34 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
My guess is that the Darche haters are the same people who want Gaustad at 4M$ on the 4th line. Darche and his 700k$ salary were a perfect fit for the 4th line on most teams.
What is a hater? It seems to be anyone who disagrees with an opinion.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Of course it is, what do you think.... do you believe on TSN Radio in Calgary, the departure of a 13 th forward, would be the headline on a sport show? Well on french radio in MTL, they can't shut up about the Darche thing....

Maybe...Maybe all this will be for nothing when after 2 weeks of FA, Darche sees he can get a one way deal anywhere and come back with the Habs on the propose two way contract.... nobody knows....

darche was a likable guy, a good teammate, proud Montrealer etc...but let's not kid ourselves...most of this has to do with the media - english too - getting a good soundbite from a stand-up guy. nothing more

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
darche was a likable guy, a good teammate, proud Montrealer etc...but let's not kid ourselves...most of this has to do with the media - english too - getting a good soundbite from a stand-up guy. nothing more
I might end up wrong, but Darche got blinded by that freak one yr one way deal he got from Gauthier.

Your first "one way deal" comes at 34 yrs old? Now on this one way deal you get 12 pts in 61 games,miss last 21 with a concussion ,and you feel you got leverage here to ask for a one way again?Gauthier is gone.

I dunno ...i feel Habs we're fair offering him 2 way ,and if your honest with yourself ,that is the way it always should have been all along .

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-27-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Andy

If that is the only way to get him off the PP and lines he doesn't belong, then I'm happy. Tired of seeing him as a 2nd line sub.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:44 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
my only concern about this situation is, for french media and, on the rebound, francophone fans, to make it a story about one less francophone player when Bergevin said that french factor would be a priority.... it could become a bad situation for the Habs brass....

It would have been so easy to offer him a one way deal at 600 000$ and if he doesn't fit, you swallow the contract, you send him to Hamilton, and with his poise and the fact that he his a good soldier, he could have helped the kids... anyway, as i'm saying Darche is not a story, the fact that he is a francophone might be more of a story...

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:46 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Guy was a class act, worked hard to make the NHL and was an effective scorer for a plug. Far better hockey player than some of the goons proposed. Was never an everyday NHLer.

Good luck to Darche in whatever is next.
x2

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Carey Chant

I considered him a poor mans Harold Snepsts for the Habs. Back in the day when you opened up a pack of OPC cards and pulled a Snepsts he was the first one to go in the bike spokes or played in a game of flipsies. I for one am very happy he is not coming back.

When we scored a crap/cheesy/fluke goal in hockey we called it: Getting a Darche, or you got Darched. He was likeable, he loves Montreal and it's like a fan wearing a jersey on the ice but he was extremely limited skill wise.

Brad Staubitz should be taking his spot on the team. Absolutely loved him last season and I will be sad if he's not on the 4th line (and in the press box against certain teams) next season.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:52 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Bergevin offering him a 2-way contract to darche puts my mind at ease in a few ways. It concedes that Darche is not full time NHLer and that most importantly our management sees it, but shows that we would still want to keep a home town guy in the organisation and that we like him. Perfect move.

Darche to Europe, O4.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Chant View Post
I considered him a poor mans Harold Snepsts for the Habs. Back in the day when you opened up a pack of OPC cards and pulled a Snepsts he was the first one to go in the bike spokes or played in a game of flipsies. I for one am very happy he is not coming back.

When we scored a crap/cheesy/fluke goal in hockey we called it: Getting a Darche, or you got Darched. He was likeable, he loves Montreal and it's like a fan wearing a jersey on the ice but he was extremely limited skill wise.

Brad Staubitz should be taking his spot on the team. Absolutely loved him last season and I will be sad if he's not on the 4th line (and in the press box against certain teams) next season.
lmao....lol

I think i can say this , Staubitz in his less than 20 games was more liked in dressing room and more a fan favorite ,than poor man Harold Snepsts.At the end of the day if it come down to skating around on 4th line hitting ppl, i want a guy like Staubitz to keep a eye on things...at least there's a chance for a rescue .When you read the team went wild when he showed up , and how he fit so well in the dressing room, so fast, that speak volumes.

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-27-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old
06-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Carey Chant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
lmao....lol

I think i can say this , Staubitz in his less than 20 games was more liked in dressing room and more a fan favorite ,than poor man Harold Snepsts.At the end of the day if it come down to skating around on 4th line hit ppl, i want a guy like Staubitz to keep a eye on things...at least there a chance for a rescue .When you read the team went wild when he showed up , and how he fit so well in room, so fast, that speak volumes.
All I can say is just imagine the sound of the crowd if he kicks the crap out of a Bruin (insert hated Bruin here) next season. Worth the price of admission right there.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Phozzwald

Darche Rejects Habs Offer

Thank God! Did not want this guy back this year.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399397

Phozzwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Chant View Post
All I can say is just imagine the sound of the crowd if he kicks the crap out of a Bruin (insert hated Bruin here) next season. Worth the price of admission right there.
I like Staubitz, but Habs will need more to back him up for that.

That is why i say I'm not against signing up Laraque for leauge min ,and dress him for those games .Laraque got embarrassed by Martin , he's goona come back to go out on top ,you know it .He wants the Lucic dance.

Only guy that's goona be able to tangle with Lucic and win , is BGL.
Only guy that could tangle with Chara is BGL.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:10 PM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phozzwald View Post
Thank God! Did not want this guy back this year.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399397
I'd second that!

He's simply a dime a dozen non-gritty small-sized player.

CN_paladin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:13 PM
SouthernHab

What a great day. First Engqvist, now Darche.

Good luck to both. This team will not miss either at all.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Protest the Hero

I wonder what number he'll be wearing in Tampa.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:15 PM
BLONG7

We needed a better bottom 6 and we are going to get it...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
We needed a better bottom 6 and we are going to get it...
I think will get this ,league min or two way deal ..in and out of press box .
Listen to MT, he's going for a heavyweight .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=0ZhkVVW0DE4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCmkVyPN01s

Old
06-27-2012, 07:18 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I wonder what number he'll be wearing in Tampa.
What did he wear when he was with the Tampa organization?

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:20 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
My guess is that the Darche haters are the same people who want Gaustad at 4M$ on the 4th line. Darche and his 700k$ salary were a perfect fit for the 4th line on most teams.
You and a lot of other posters seem to forget that we were in last place in the East last season.

There was a reason for that. A lot had to do with coaching. A lot had to do with a lineup that included players like Darche and Engqvist.

Bergevin needs to get BUSIER cleaning up this team with moves and trades and Hamilton assignments.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:20 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
was Downey on the top lines in Detroit ?

Was Downey on the Detroit power play?
Darche pick up 80 mins of pp time in just 59 games in 2010 -11,then another 12 min of it in PLAYOFF's in 7 games...that should be a joke,never happen in Detroit ..

Did the guy who played 7 games for LA , play any power play or first line time?

It should show you how far we fallen .
You are being ridiculous again. You are bringing up points (and trying to argue with me) over something I didn't say.

I said it wouldn't hurt to sign Darche as a #13 or #14 forward. It's not his fault he was given all that extra ice-time (any single person here would have taken it). The problem was coaching and management. If he were brought back as a legitimate #13 or #14 forward, I see no problem. That's what I said. I didn't say bring him back and play him on the first line, did I? Jeeze.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
You are being ridiculous again. You are bringing up points (and trying to argue with me) over something I didn't say.

I said it wouldn't hurt to sign Darche as a #13 or #14 forward. It's not his fault he was given all that extra ice-time (any single person here would have taken it). The problem was coaching and management. If he were brought back as a legitimate #13 or #14 forward, I see no problem. That's what I said. I didn't say bring him back and play him on the first line, did I? Jeeze.
Anyways , he is gone .No successful NHL team will carry Darche , sorry i don't agree with you ,will have to leave it at that.

I said right after Martin was fired, Darche was done it was game over for him then.

Habs we're kind enough to offer him a 2 way ,which is the way it should have always been, he shot them down .As i said KHL one yr deal, light it up and resign and cash in .

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-27-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old
06-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
I'd second that!

He's simply a dime a dozen non-gritty small-sized player.
So apparently you don't have a clue who Mathieu Darche is........

6'2 is small???????

He was an oustanding penalty killer and fearless shotblocker. This is the reason that he WAS offered a contract by Bergevin and very likely may recieve another offer.

The hate for Darche on this board is ridiculous. He was overused due to injuries and a lack of depth but he still can fill an important role.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:31 PM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post

Darch is:
-undersized and gets pushed around
-35 years old!!!!
-very little offensive touch

I think Bergy offered him the 2 way contract as a courtesy knowing it'd be rejected. The bottom line is Darche got no place in the bottom 6 and is one of the reasons why Jacques Martin is a failure.

CN_paladin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Mue

Hopefully he finds a contract somewhere. He seemed like a good teammate.

If the offers don't come in, I wonder if he would revisit the two-way offer from the Habs. He'd be great in Hamilton.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote