HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Any updates with Voracek?

Old
06-27-2012, 05:54 PM
toughfighter83*

vCash: 500
Any updates with Voracek?

i didnt hear anything about him getting signed, only an offer from the flyers, i guess he wants more, but is he likely getting moved if not signed before july 1?

im guessing he could involved in the ryan deal despite twitter rumors because no one heard about him getting signed, they cant let him go for nothing.

MOD EDIT:
The title was changed. The topic can continue regarding progress, or lack thereof, on Voracek's contract.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 06-27-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Modified the original headline since to squelch any unsubstantiated rumors
toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:55 PM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

Hope not. It would be ill advised. He fits our system.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:55 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
He's RFA, so there's no hurry to sign him, RFA are rarely signed before July 1st, I wouldn't worry about him.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:59 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

There's nothing to this. He's getting re-signed. RFAs normally get signed during the summer if they don't accept their qualifying offers.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:00 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I'm not opposed to moving him depending who is signed afterwards and who we get in return. Big picture people. I know everyone likes him and he's a good player, but if he needs to be dealt to make room for a big name guy like Parise or Weber or Suter, I won't complain. If he is traded just to sign some jerk like Paranteau, then ok, let's riot.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:01 PM
flyershockey

Why is this considered speculation? As others have said, he's an RFA, so there's not that much of a rush to get a deal done. They're more than likely waiting for the UFA phase to pass so they know how much they can offer him. Someone would have to overpay considerably on an offer sheet for the Flyers not to match. Even then, the compensation would be significant.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:11 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'm not opposed to moving him depending who is signed afterwards and who we get in return. Big picture people. I know everyone likes him and he's a good player, but if he needs to be dealt to make room for a big name guy like Parise or Weber or Suter, I won't complain. If he is traded just to sign some jerk like Paranteau, then ok, let's riot.
Dont see why he would need to get traded for Parise or Suter to join. Weber, yea I guess. The other guy is Ryan but I personally wouldnt. Would like to see him on Giroux's wing.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:13 PM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

Voracek is going to get 60+ next year. I have a great feeling about him.

JDinklage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:15 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Voracek is going to get 60+ next year. I have a great feeling about him.

i dont think homer would try to go after nash or ryan if he thought the voracek would be a replacement for jagr.

Old
06-27-2012, 06:18 PM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
i dont think homer would try to go after nash or ryan if he thought the voracek would be a replacement for jagr.
Understandably so. Those two are proven commodities in the league whereas Jake is still all potential. Just my own personal speculation.

JDinklage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:21 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Dont see why he would need to get traded for Parise or Suter to join. Weber, yea I guess. The other guy is Ryan but I personally wouldnt. Would like to see him on Giroux's wing.
I'm not saying he WOULD necessarily be moved or that that is the plan or anything like that, all I'm saying is that I don't agree with the blanket statement that trading him is a bad idea. I'd love to keep him and think he is an excellent player. But if the Flyers can get a better player and would have to move him for some reason, I'd be fine with it.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:22 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
This. Except I would want a stud D. No fwds.

Last edited by hckyplayer8: 06-27-2012 at 06:33 PM.
hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:28 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Voracek is highly valued by the Flyers. It would take a lot to get them to move him.

His type of play, minus more scoring touch, is just what the Flyers want. Strong puck possession playmaker who can skate. Hard to knock off the puck. In Lavi's system, a guy who can keep the puck in the opponent's end like he can is probably more valuable on this type of team than on another (that's not to say he's wouldn't be valuable to defensive teams.)

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:06 PM
bp spec

Don't want him to leave. Like him a lot, he's a good fit here.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Why is this considered speculation? As others have said, he's an RFA, so there's not that much of a rush to get a deal done. They're more than likely waiting for the UFA phase to pass so they know how much they can offer him. Someone would have to overpay considerably on an offer sheet for the Flyers not to match. Even then, the compensation would be significant.
Because OP is speculating.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Because OP is speculating.
I think the question is--why is this speculation different or special enough to deserve its own thread--a part from the general offseason thread. OP gives the impression, in the title, that there is some particular reason to believe Voracek will be moved.

If simply being RFA means a player is likely to move, then I think Holmgren should call up GMGM and inquire about John Carlson.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:23 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

If trading voracek means Bobby Ryan in return, I wont miss him.

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:39 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
I think the question is--why is this speculation different or special enough to deserve its own thread--a part from the general offseason thread. OP gives the impression, in the title, that there is some particular reason to believe Voracek will be moved.

If simply being RFA means a player is likely to move, then I think Holmgren should call up GMGM and inquire about John Carlson.
Perhaps the OP doesn't understand how RFA works. If a team has an RFA, in order to keep him an RFA they need to give him a "qualifiying offer". If they don't do this, the player becomes an UFA...this is what just happened to Peter mueller. Flyers gave voracek his QO. He's not obligated to sign, and will negotiate a better deal. Someone could come in and sign him to an offer sheet July 1, but we will likely match. There is little real incentive for anyone to freak out about getting a deal done for an RFA before July 1.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:54 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Jagr put up 54 pts on G's wing. Jake had 49 with lesser line mates. No doubt in my mind Jake if healthy could be a Jagr replacement.

As others have said he's an RFA and doesn't need to be signed by July 1st.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:54 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Perhaps the OP doesn't understand how RFA works. If a team has an RFA, in order to keep him an RFA they need to give him a "qualifiying offer". If they don't do this, the player becomes an UFA...this is what just happened to Peter mueller. Flyers gave voracek his QO. He's not obligated to sign, and will negotiate a better deal. Someone could come in and sign him to an offer sheet July 1, but we will likely match. There is little real incentive for anyone to freak out about getting a deal done for an RFA before July 1.
what im saying is that voracek is a restricted fa and he wants 5 million and the flyers cant match, i think they are better off trading him instead of losing him for draft picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Jagr put up 54 pts on G's wing. Jake had 49 with lesser line mates. No doubt in my mind Jake if healthy could be a Jagr replacement.

like i said i dont think homer wants jake to be on the first line because he doesnt have experience on the first line, the flyers need a first line ready winger in FA or trade.

Old
06-27-2012, 08:10 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
what im saying is that voracek is a restricted fa and he wants 5 million and the flyers cant match, i think they are better off trading him instead of losing him for draft picks.
I haven't heard anything that suggests Voracek will only sign for 5 million or anything near that number.

Quote:
like i said i dont think homer wants jake to be on the first line because he doesnt have experience on the first line, the flyers need a first line ready winger in FA or trade.
Every indication is that Jakub likes where he is at. Until I hear otherwise, I'm not worried.

It's amazing, really. For all the flak fans get for being rough on their players, besides wanting him to shoot more, nothing is ever said badly about Jakub. Why?

Nothing to report. Produces. Contract is okay. Clearly works hard. Doesn't deserve a ton of scrutiny and he barely receives any. The fans in this city are more fair than given credit for. Hearts on sleeves, prone to emotional reactions (myself included), but ultimately pretty intelligent and fair fans. Jakub is a good example.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:18 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
5 mil? No way he's asking for 5 mil.

Quote:
Easy solution, put Jake on the first line and he'll get the experience. He's only 22 and has plenty of time to develop and he's already showed that he could at least match Jagr's production.

Btw when G was out with a concussion Jake was promoted to the top line playing 1st line minutes and that short stretch of games were some of his best games of the season IMO.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post

If Voracek is replacing Jagr's production, then who is replacing Voracek's 2nd/3rd line production?

I think Jagr will wind up being the best bargain out there, especially since he is so low-risk on a one-year deal.

Quote:
Voracek played with Rick Nash on Columbus' 1st line.

Old
06-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post

Voracek played with Rick Nash on Columbus' 1st line.
Are you certain? I remember, after the trade, most of the Blue Jackets fans explained that Voracek was generally on Columbus's 2nd line.

(That's not to say that I doubt his top-line potential, but I don't think he's a very good fit for Giroux, unless G learns to shoot a bit more consistently.)

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Are you certain? I remember, after the trade, most of the Blue Jackets fans explained that Voracek was generally on Columbus's 2nd line.

(That's not to say that I doubt his top-line potential, but I don't think he's a very good fit for Giroux, unless G learns to shoot a bit more consistently.)
I'm not saying I think Giroux and Voracek would be a great duo, but Nash and Voracek were together for parts of the 2010-2011 season. So he has experience on a top line.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com/2011...hards-and.html