HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sjs-phi

Old
06-27-2012, 05:56 PM
CupfortheSharks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I don't really see what Philly has that they're willing to give up that would make the Sharks better next year.
Yup, Looks like every proposed trade from Philly fans is based on prospects and picks. If that's what is available, then the Sharks are not really good trading partners. We are in the market for wingers that can make us better right now.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Simmonds had 28 goals in a very open, offensive system in Philly. He's struggle to get 20 in a more defensive system like SJ. Clowe's coming off a year where he struggled with injuries and where he never really had a consistent RW. He's much more valuable than what last year's numbers would indicate.
I appreciate the bit about clowe's numbers and his value in a trade. That's why I said 1 for 1, you would be doing well, instead of straight up ripping us off. If you don't look beyond last season its not close...but we should because clowes the real deal, as a power forward. I get it, but simmonds has really shown a lot recently.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
No thanks. I still think Demers will be a top-4 and the guy who most replaces Boyle on the PP if Boyle is traded, or when he goes into decline or his contract is over. I think trading him at this point would be a massive mistake. Especially for what are essentially useless spares (for the Sharks) at this point.

If they can successfully convert Demers to Left Side D, which they started last year, I think he will prove to be even more valuable to the Sharks, who don't have much (if any) left-side offensive d-men. They could run him on the top PP opposite Boyle, and have Stuart and Braun running the 2nd PP.
I think I'd rather have Burns over one of Stuart or Braun on the 2nd PP.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Jray42

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post
Yup, Looks like every proposed trade from Philly fans is based on prospects and picks. If that's what is available, then the Sharks are not really good trading partners. We are in the market for wingers that can make us better right now.
Then why trade Clowe?

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Eberle2Hall2Net*

always thought clowe was reallllly good like kesler 2.0... what happened to him ? :S

Eberle2Hall2Net* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNH2YAK View Post
always thought clowe was reallllly good like kesler 2.0... what happened to him ? :S
Kesler is way faster and a much better sniper.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:40 PM
CupfortheSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Then why trade Clowe?
If you read the whole thread, you will see that I don't think we should. I think we should trade Demers for a young winger. Young PMD for a young winger. Value for value.

Notice that OP is a Philly fan that's asking for the trade.

To be fair, some Sharks fans think we should trade Clowe for a younger faster winger. Nobody that understands the Sharks thinks we should trade any roster player not named Handzus for futures.

Old
06-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
If you read the whole thread, you will see that I don't think we should. I think we should trade Demers for a young winger. Young PMD for a young winger. Value for value.

Notice that OP is a Philly fan that's asking for the trade.

To be fair, some Sharks fans think we should trade Clowe for a younger faster winger. Nobody that understands the Sharks thinks we should trade any roster player not named Handzus for futures.
The last bit is simply not true.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:03 PM
bauer

assuming the Sharks lose out on Nash and the Flyers don't get Ryan, i wouldn't mind seeing some sort of deal revolving around Clowe for Read + 2nd or 3rd. maybe even throw MAB in there too.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:10 PM
CupfortheSharks

Quote:
The last bit is simply not true.
Interesting. Tell me. What roster player do you think the Sharks should trade for futures?

Old
06-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Interesting. Tell me. What roster player do you think the Sharks should trade for futures?
Douglas Murray would be one, for sure. Antti Niemi would be wise if they can find a suitor but I don't think Wilson has the guts to do it. Anybody else can and should be dealt for futures if they can be replaced via free agency.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:18 PM
CupfortheSharks

Quote:
Douglas Murray would be one, for sure. Antti Niemi would be wise if they can find a suitor but I don't think Wilson has the guts to do it. Anybody else can and should be dealt for futures if they can be replaced via free agency.
Ok. I agree on Niemi. I'm not a fan though most of the Sharks posters feel comfortable with him.

Old
06-28-2012, 12:49 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
assuming the Sharks lose out on Nash and the Flyers don't get Ryan, i wouldn't mind seeing some sort of deal revolving around Clowe for Read + 2nd or 3rd. maybe even throw MAB in there too.
MAB should not be a" throw-in" in that deal. Read + 2nd is enough for Clowe as it gives the Sharks more cap flex ability to add another winger during free agency. Also, with how he played last year even while hurt MAB should develop nicely into a 2nd pairing dman for us who brings a physical presence and a BOOMING shot from the point. He played a safe and simple game in his own zone which was very nice for a rookie. If he improves his defensive play he can become a very solid 2nd pairing guy.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:54 AM
Arrch

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
MAB should not be a" throw-in" in that deal. Read + 2nd is enough for Clowe as it gives the Sharks more cap flex ability to add another winger during free agency. Also, with how he played last year even while hurt MAB should develop nicely into a 2nd pairing dman for us who brings a physical presence and a BOOMING shot from the point. He played a safe and simple game in his own zone which was very nice for a rookie. If he improves his defensive play he can become a very solid 2nd pairing guy.

Arrch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:30 AM
Flyerfan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
In a package like that for Clowe you wouldn't only not mind, you'd laughing.

The Sharks want a winger that's an improvement over Clowe. Clowe isn't any great guns but I kinda like Newfies.

so,
To the Sharks:
Voracek
Cap savings

To the Flyers:
Clowe
2nd in 2013
Abeltshauser

(The 2nd & low grade prospect are to make up for the additional cap. I could have picked a different prospect but it would be cool to see how they fit that name on the back of a Phantoms jersey.)

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:41 AM
AbsolonMoreau*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post

The Sharks want a winger that's an improvement over Clowe. Clowe isn't any great guns but I kinda like Newfies.

so,
To the Sharks:
Voracek
Cap savings

To the Flyers:
Clowe
2nd in 2013
Abeltshauser

(The 2nd & low grade prospect are to make up for the additional cap. I could have picked a different prospect but it would be cool to see how they fit that name on the back of a Phantoms jersey.)
Not going to trade away Abeltshauser in that trade.

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:50 AM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

Quote:

so,
To the Sharks:
Voracek
Cap savings

To the Flyers:
Clowe
2nd in 2013
Abeltshauser

I could definitely get behind that.

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:54 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
Not going to trade away Abeltshauser in that trade.
I love KA more than any other Sharks spec, but I think Voracek would be perfect for the Sharks an I'd have no problem pulling the trigger.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:17 AM
mercury

Quote:

so,
To the Sharks:
Voracek
Cap savings

To the Flyers:
Clowe
2nd in 2013
Abeltshauser

Voracek will only be $300-400K less than Clowe with his new deal. And I really hate this deal for Philly.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
I think I'd rather have Burns over one of Stuart or Braun on the 2nd PP.
I fully expect DW to trade Burns as part of a deal for Nash. It is a DW sort of thing.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote