HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Any updates with Voracek?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2012, 09:00 PM
  #26
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
5 mil? No way he's asking for 5 mil.



Easy solution, put Jake on the first line and he'll get the experience. He's only 22 and has plenty of time to develop and he's already showed that he could at least match Jagr's production.

Btw when G was out with a concussion Jake was promoted to the top line playing 1st line minutes and that short stretch of games were some of his best games of the season IMO.
giroux wasnt there when he was on that top time, you dont know what it will effect giroux either, remember they lost leino and briere really struggled because of that chemistry, you cant just plug players that dont work especially if they arent the right players, that's what im saying they need a first line experienced winger for giroux or else he will struggle, jake wont work with the first line, he wasnt traded here to replace first line player, he's a second line player at best, he works better with schenn and briere anyway.


that's what everyone thought what carter and richards are, which they arent, you cant go that road again, they need to get a first line player.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:07 PM
  #27
clodejirew
Registered User
 
clodejirew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
giroux wasnt there when he was on that top time, you dont know what it will effect giroux either, remember they lost leino and briere really struggled because of that chemistry, you cant just plug players that dont work especially if they arent the right players, that's what im saying they need a first line experienced winger for giroux or else he will struggle, jake wont work with the first line, he wasnt traded here to replace first line player, he's a second line player at best, he works better with schenn and briere anyway.


that's what everyone thought what carter and richards are, which they arent, you cant go that road again, they need to get a first line player.
how can you say he's a second line player at best?? He's 22 years old and put up a lot of points last season. Just because G and Voracek are both great passers doesn't mean that they won't work well together. 1st line minutes would do nothing but help Voracek

clodejirew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:31 PM
  #28
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 33,905
vCash: 156
According to the standards I'm seeing, I'd guess that Crosby and Malkin are the only first line players currently in the NHL.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:35 PM
  #29
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,339
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
According to the standards I'm seeing, I'd guess that Crosby and Malkin are the only first line players currently in the NHL.
No kidding. How do Voracek and Schenn not have first line potential? I'm not guaranteeing it, but they should be there if they maximize their potential.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:04 PM
  #30
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
giroux wasnt there when he was on that top time, you dont know what it will effect giroux either, remember they lost leino and briere really struggled because of that chemistry, you cant just plug players that dont work especially if they arent the right players, that's what im saying they need a first line experienced winger for giroux or else he will struggle, jake wont work with the first line, he wasnt traded here to replace first line player, he's a second line player at best, he works better with schenn and briere anyway.


that's what everyone thought what carter and richards are, which they arent, you cant go that road again, they need to get a first line player.
Jake is only 22 and has already put up 50 pts twice and 46 in another season, IMO he definitely has 1st line potential. And how do you know G and Voracek won't work well together? For that matter how can you be so sure that Giroux and Ryan would work well together? By your logic only Jagr and Hartnell are sure bets for productive wingers for G and that is just ridiculous. I understand what you're saying with Leino but don't forget that Briere has struggled during the regular season in the past. Add to that the fact that Briere lost Hartnell as well as Leino this past season. In this case we are only talking about swapping Jagr for Jake who are similar players in many ways.

And I only mentioned Voracek's brief stint with top minutes this past season to tell you that he does in fact have 1st line experience and as was previously posted he also had at least some top line experience in Columbus w/ Nash.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:12 PM
  #31
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertsGuns View Post
how can you say he's a second line player at best?? He's 22 years old and put up a lot of points last season. Just because G and Voracek are both great passers doesn't mean that they won't work well together. 1st line minutes would do nothing but help Voracek

bottom line homer doesnt see it happening, so let's put that to rest, im still wondering what's going on with jake anyway? they are quiet on him, like im saying i wouldnt be surprised he will be traded because of the money he's asking, he says that he wants to stay, it's telling me, something is telling me that the management is doing something with him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Jake is only 22 and has already put up 50 pts twice and 46 in another season, IMO he definitely has 1st line potential. And how do you know G and Voracek won't work well together? For that matter how can you be so sure that Giroux and Ryan would work well together? By your logic only Jagr and Hartnell are sure bets for productive wingers for G and that is just ridiculous. I understand what you're saying with Leino but don't forget that Briere has struggled during the regular season in the past. Add to that the fact that Briere lost Hartnell as well as Leino this past season. In this case we are only talking about swapping Jagr for Jake who are similar players in many ways.

And I only mentioned Voracek's brief stint with top minutes this past season to tell you that he does in fact have 1st line experience and as was previously posted he also had at least some top line experience in Columbus w/ Nash
it doesnt matter what you say, it's what the management wants, you want the cheap way, they want to do it their way end of story. im not getting to this childish argument save it for another thread, the point is i want to know what's going with jake, bottom line.


Last edited by toughfighter83*: 06-27-2012 at 10:18 PM.
toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:20 PM
  #32
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
bottom line homer doesnt see it happening, so let's put that to rest, im still wondering what's going on with jake anyway? they are quiet on him, like im saying i wouldnt be surprised he will be traded because of the money he's asking, he says that he wants to stay, it's telling me, something is telling me that the management is doing something with him?



it doesnt matter what you say, it's what the management wants, you want the cheap way, they want to do it their way end of story. im not getting to this childish argument save it for another thread, the point is i want to know what's going with jake, bottom line.
Lol.

So many things wrongs here I don't even know what to say

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:21 PM
  #33
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,339
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
bottom line homer doesnt see it happening, so let's put that to rest, im still wondering what's going on with jake anyway? they are quiet on him, like im saying i wouldnt be surprised he will be traded because of the money he's asking, he says that he wants to stay, it's telling me, something is telling me that the management is doing something with him?



it doesnt matter what you say, it's what the management wants, you want the cheap way, they want to do it their way end of story. im not getting to this childish argument save it for another thread, the point is i want to know what's going with jake, bottom line.
What has management done to prove that they don't have faith in Jake to be a first line player one day?

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:33 PM
  #34
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 33,905
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
bottom line homer doesnt see it happening, so let's put that to rest,
Prove it. Then perhaps it can be put to rest. Until then, you're just making crap up.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:23 PM
  #35
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
35NW8ING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
What has management done to prove that they don't have faith in Jake to be a first line player one day?
It's not what management has done, it's what they haven't done.

35NW8ING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:55 PM
  #36
clodejirew
Registered User
 
clodejirew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
It's not what management has done, it's what they haven't done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
bottom line homer doesnt see it happening, so let's put that to rest, im still wondering what's going on with jake anyway? they are quiet on him, like im saying i wouldnt be surprised he will be traded because of the money he's asking, he says that he wants to stay, it's telling me, something is telling me that the management is doing something with him?



it doesnt matter what you say, it's what the management wants, you want the cheap way, they want to do it their way end of story. im not getting to this childish argument save it for another thread, the point is i want to know what's going with jake, bottom line.
haha I have no idea what you guys are talking about. The flyers have not given any hints that they don't want Voracek here or that they don't have faith in him as a future star. He's been getting consistent minutes and PP time. Also, tough fighter, I can barely understand what you're trying to say but, your logic on why you think the flyers are going to trade him makes no sense. It could be taking long because they are working out a long term deal because he is really young still and they can get his cap hit lower with a longer deal.

clodejirew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:21 AM
  #37
BillDineen
Registered User
 
BillDineen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,409
vCash: 500
This video says Homer will meat with Svobada this week regarding Voracek and Jagr and he is trying to get something done right now wrt Jake:

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/video...3dfaBY06OLD6gR

This on adding via free agency vs a trade:

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/video...ljXWuSctqiL896

I do not see how Voracek could command more than Duchene.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:23 AM
  #38
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28
 
Giroux 4 MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
This video says Homer will meat with Svobada this week regarding Voracek and Jagr and he is trying to get something done right now wrt Jake:

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/video...3dfaBY06OLD6gR

This on adding via free agency vs a trade:

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/video...ljXWuSctqiL896

I do not see how Voracek could command more than Duchene.
I think not signing him hinders what he might be trying to do FA wise so i believe it is critical he gets it done

Giroux 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 05:45 AM
  #39
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
I do not see how Voracek could command more than Duchene.
Voracek is giving up UFA years. Duchene is not.

I could see upwards of 4.00m/year for Voracek.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 05:48 AM
  #40
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 14,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertsGuns View Post
haha I have no idea what you guys are talking about. The flyers have not given any hints that they don't want Voracek here or that they don't have faith in him as a future star. He's been getting consistent minutes and PP time. Also, tough fighter, I can barely understand what you're trying to say but, your logic on why you think the flyers are going to trade him makes no sense. It could be taking long because they are working out a long term deal because he is really young still and they can get his cap hit lower with a longer deal.
Also there are a lot of rfa's who havent signed deals yet so its not just voracek.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:02 AM
  #41
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,579
vCash: 500
I guess his price really depends on how many years he signs for. If it's a short deal, something like 3.25-3.5 mil, if it's longer probably 4mil per

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:35 PM
  #42
sg12lw
Registered User
 
sg12lw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 809
vCash: 500
give him JVR's money but shorter term

4.25 per yr for 4 years

Ideally it'd be more like 3.5-3.75, but with the cap going up I can see all contracts going up

Just get him signed, he's a good player

sg12lw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:52 PM
  #43
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
3 years at $10M ($3.333M cap hit) is fair.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 04:06 PM
  #44
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=flyershockey;51637859]What has management done to prove that they don't have faith in Jake to be a first line player one day?[/QUOTE}

why do you want him on the first line so desperately? did you not see what happen with carter and richards, they werent first line players, and jake isnt, you are looking for ways for the management to use an unproven player on the first line without signing or trading a proven first line player, which everyone wants the cheap alternative rather than sign a first line player. that's my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Prove it. Then perhaps it can be put to rest. Until then, you're just making crap up.
why dont you prove it then? because neither of us have any proof, so it's a question mark, i would rather be secure with a first line proven player than using jake, because you dont know what he brings.


Last edited by toughfighter83*: 06-28-2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: fixing quote
toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 04:20 PM
  #45
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,859
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=toughfighter83;51676631]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
What has management done to prove that they don't have faith in Jake to be a first line player one day?[/QUOTE}

why do you want him on the first line so desperately? did you not see what happen with carter and richards, they werent first line players, and jake isnt, you are looking for ways for the management to use an unproven player on the first line without signing or trading a proven first line player, which everyone wants the cheap alternative rather than sign a first line player. that's my point.



why dont you prove it then? because neither of us have any proof, so it's a question mark, i would rather be secure with a first line proven player than using jake, because you dont know what he brings.
You were the only one making an assertion against the status quo. Fish is simply saying unless you prove your point, there is no point, it's speculation. He has nothing to prove.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 04:22 PM
  #46
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,339
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post

why do you want him on the first line so desperately? did you not see what happen with carter and richards, they werent first line players, and jake isnt, you are looking for ways for the management to use an unproven player on the first line without signing or trading a proven first line player, which everyone wants the cheap alternative rather than sign a first line player. that's my point.



.
If you haven't noticed, scoring by committee has been the team's approach for at least five years now. The offense isn't keyed on one or two guys, so there's no such thing as a true first line. Giroux's line will be the first line by name, but they expect scoring from every player in the top nine. Voracek will more than likely be on Giroux's wing, and he'll fit right in there.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 05:28 PM
  #47
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
And again, the flyers troll gets another few bites.

Guys, he's probably from ********.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 05:39 PM
  #48
G Money
Registered User
 
G Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
3 years at $10M ($3.333M cap hit) is fair.
yep no way his cap hit should be greater then claude's

G Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 05:54 PM
  #49
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
And again, the flyers troll gets another few bites.

Guys, he's probably from ********.
Is trolling not a bannable offense on here? Honestly I'm just curious?

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 05:56 PM
  #50
Go For It
Registered User
 
Go For It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Collegeville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,895
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
And again, the flyers troll gets another few bites.

Guys, he's probably from ********.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Is trolling not a bannable offense on here? Honestly I'm just curious?
Having a different/maybe not the most intelligent opinion doesn't mean your trolling.

Otherwise, all you Holmgren-lovers would have been banned by now

Go For It is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.