HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peter Mueller

Old
06-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Giroux 4 MVP
Gir°ux #28

vCash: 500
Peter Mueller

I know I'm probably going to get lit up for making a thread on an average free agent but I think if we don't sign any big names or Jagr he could be a nice fit, he was indeed hurt a lot but in limited time back last year he showed he still has talent, he's pretty damn young at 24 and can play wing or center, might be worth at least a one year deal maybe at 2 million......don't rip me apart please, thoughts?

Edit: also thought of Guillame Latendresse, he is kinda JVR like, also hurt a lot maybe could be had cheap, just, anger idea.

Giroux 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:05 AM
hockeyfreak7

I actually see a lot of teams being interested in him. He's a low risk/high reward kinda guy.

I'd love him on a cheap deal, but I could see him getting about $3m on the open market though.

Good player, potential to be a great fit. Not bad to see if we could get him if Parise goes elsewhere and the price is too high for Ryan.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Giroux 4 MVP
Gir°ux #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
I actually see a lot of teams being interested in him. He's a low risk/high reward kinda guy.

I'd love him on a cheap deal, but I could see him getting about $3m on the open market though.

Good player, potential to be a great fit. Not bad to see if we could get him if Parise goes elsewhere and the price is too high for Ryan.
I was shocked the Avs didn't even qualify him

Old
06-28-2012, 01:10 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
I wouldnt give Mueller 3 million. That is just freakin crazy. No doubt he is a talented kid when hes healthy. I would given him a 1 million dollar deal. show that he can stay on the ice then talk to him about a longer deal.

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 06-28-2012 at 01:25 AM.
GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:12 AM
Giroux 4 MVP
Gir°ux #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I wouldnt give Mueller 3 million. That is just fereakin crazy. No doubt he is a talented kid when hes healthy. I would given him a 1 million dollar deal. show that he can stay on the ice then talk to him about a longer deal.
Yeah I agree but I feel a lesser team would offer more tats why I think 2 mill is a decent number

Old
06-28-2012, 01:24 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
Yeah I agree but I feel a lesser team would offer more tats why I think 2 mill is a decent number
Also a guy like that is pretty far down on the lsit as far as what I want the Flyers to do to fix some of the flaws of this team. Not sure how much money will be left for him. i think he goes somewhere where they will be patient with him if he is still having issues. like Columbus. Or Florida.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:30 AM
Giroux 4 MVP
Gir°ux #28

Quote:
I wouldnt give Mueller 3 million. That is just freakin crazy. No doubt he is a talented kid when hes healthy. I would given him a 1 million dollar deal. show that he can stay on the ice then talk to him about a longer deal.
Quote:
Also a guy like that is pretty far down on the lsit as far as what I want the Flyers to do to fix some of the flaws of this team. Not sure how much money will be left for him. i think he goes somewhere where they will be patient with him if he is still having issues. like Columbus. Or Florida.
I think he will sign on the first day to be honest, many teams that rule themselves out of enbig names might go at him right away

Old
06-28-2012, 02:15 AM
BillDineen

Other reclamation projects out there are Eric Fehr, Wojtek Wolski and Gilbert Brule.

I also have a suspicion that Homer might be tempted with Tootoo.

Kyle Wellood is good at faceoffs and MIGHT look good with his brother on the 4th line, but might not.

BillDineen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:12 AM
Appleyard

Would love Mueller, think he is a great player... however, there are more pressing priorities, and overall doubt we sign him.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post

Avs passed on a qualifying offer of 2 million, so they apparently don't think he'll get more than that. It was a big surprise to their fans--even a week ago, they were mocking anyone who suggested the team might let him walk.

Count me among those who think he's definately worth a one-year, $2 million contact. He's a huge injury risk, but if he's finally over the concussion issues, you're getting a very good, young, top-six winger on the cheap.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:01 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Mueller would be tempting, but the concussion and subsequent post concussion syndrome issues are really scary. Obviously, anyone who signs him will need him to go through a series of baseline tests to ensure that he's fully healed up from the post concussion syndrome and that he's physically able to perform health wise.

I think 2 million is a little high for a player who has missed 132 games over the past two seasons. Same for Guillaume Latendresse. These guys who have been injury prone over the past couple of seasons may have to realize that they might not be going to any camps unless it's under a try out and then if they're well enough, I think you'll see a deal come down the line.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Mueller would be tempting, but the concussion and subsequent post concussion syndrome issues are really scary. Obviously, anyone who signs him will need him to go through a series of baseline tests to ensure that he's fully healed up from the post concussion syndrome and that he's physically able to perform health wise.

I think 2 million is a little high for a player who has missed 132 games over the past two seasons. Same for Guillaume Latendresse. These guys who have been injury prone over the past couple of seasons may have to realize that they might not be going to any camps unless it's under a try out and then if they're well enough, I think you'll see a deal come down the line.
I think I'd rather throw $2 million at each of them than $4 million at Jagr.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:48 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I'd be ok to sign Mueller if other guys aren't signing here. But Jiri Hudler would be my go-to guy if one of the big boppers doesn't want to sign here.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:26 AM
bp spec

Sure, for 1,5-2m.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:32 AM
turkinaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Other reclamation projects out there are Eric Fehr, Wojtek Wolski and Gilbert Brule.

I also have a suspicion that Homer might be tempted with Tootoo.

Kyle Wellood is good at faceoffs and MIGHT look good with his brother on the 4th line, but might not.
I wouldn't be surprised if they try to sign K Wellwood so we have two brother pairings. Gotta catch 'em all.

I like Mueller as well as Wolski and Brule, but Brule is probably the highest risk in production with the biggest payoff if he can get it together. It could be worth looking into moving some players in a trade and filling holes with one of these players, if you're a risk taker that is.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
I think I'd rather throw $2 million at each of them than $4 million at Jagr.
I don't know about Latendrese, but Mueller is easily worth 2 million in this market. He probably would be fine with a 1 year deal to prove he's healthy. Still only 24 years old, you hope he recovers like Patrice Bergeron has, but you hedge your bets by going short term.

Mueller would be a tremendous winger for Couturier with a guy like Read on the other side. Tremendous talent for a 3rd line.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:37 AM
JoeFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I don't know about Latendrese, but Mueller is easily worth 2 million in this market. He probably would be fine with a 1 year deal to prove he's healthy. Still only 24 years old, you hope he recovers like Patrice Bergeron has, but you hedge your bets by going short term.

Mueller would be a tremendous winger for Couturier with a guy like Read on the other side. Tremendous talent for a 3rd line.
Aye, up to 2/2.5mil he's a bargin if fit, i think you offer him a deal and if he takes it you have another good winger if he doesn't no big deal. We're not in dire need of him but it wouldn't hurt having him.

JoeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Gir°ux #28

At this point I would sign him over Jagr then use that money to go after a bigger free agent, I know it's reported he doesn't want to pay here but Suter could be an option if we don't spend the extra on jags

Old
06-28-2012, 02:35 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Nope.

I'd give maybe 1M per season for Mueller.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Gir°ux #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Nope.

Why just a million

Old
06-28-2012, 03:17 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
Why just a million
BFC basically summed it up for me in a few posts up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post

SnS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Gir°ux #28

Quote:
BFC basically summed it up for me in a few posts up:
His talent is worth the risk

Old
06-28-2012, 08:44 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Nope.

Quote:
Then we won't get him. He is a low-risk option for many teams, bidding price will go up a bit. He might deserve ~1mil, but he will get 1.8 to 2.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:50 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPRichardsCarter View Post
Then we won't get him. He is a low-risk option for many teams, bidding price will go up a bit. He might deserve ~1mil, but he will get 1.8 to 2.
and thats fine. I dont think hes a must sign anyway. to much risk for me throw out 2 million for the guy.

Old
06-29-2012, 03:06 AM
dats81

Quote:
and thats fine. I dont think hes a must sign anyway. to much risk for me throw out 2 million for the guy.
Medium risk but potential high reward!

I don't see why he is not worth 1.8M a year. We've been taking much higher risks on a regular basis.

I'd rather try him at 1.8M than resigning Jagr at 3.5+M or whatever he demands because there is also a risks bound to a 41year old with chronic groin issues.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote