HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

46th Obsequious Banter Thread - Kimbi Daniels and his frequent FLYER miles

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
So I'm reading the label on my 40 of Steel Reserve, and it describes itself as being "High Gravity." Curious, I read on, and learn it has "EXTRA malted barley & select hops for EXTRA gravity."

Either I'm terribly wrong about what causes gravity, or the good folks at Steel Brewing Company drank their way through physics class.
Being fat causes extra gravity

Old
06-23-2012, 02:00 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
So I'm reading the label on my 40 of Steel Reserve, and it describes itself as being "High Gravity." Curious, I read on, and learn it has "EXTRA malted barley & select hops for EXTRA gravity."

Either I'm terribly wrong about what causes gravity, or the good folks at Steel Brewing Company drank their way through physics class.
Anything with mass has gravity, so if the extra hops and barely makes the steel reserve denser, then they are in fact increasing the gravitational pull of the beverage. They are not affecting the gravitational pull of earth (which seems to be what you're referring to), but the pull of gravity is a function of both masses.

Advertising Steel Reserve with high-minded, beer freak descriptors seems retardedly inappropriate for their demographic.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:23 AM
Krishna

I think I'm going to learn how to build websites and do that as a job.. There are some pretty piss poor sites all over the internet

Old
06-23-2012, 03:30 AM
Krishna

Damn it. Gareth Emery is coming to Philly next friday..

I leave for Amsterdam that afternoon

Old
06-23-2012, 12:56 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:

Drinking Steel Reserve increases the drinker's gravity, as in it increases the drinker's likelihood of hitting the floor pretty damn hard.

06-24-2012, 12:28 AM
Krishna

Lets see if Biz nasty follows through with his claim

Said that if anyone found some kid's phone number who insulted his mom, he'd get them in the front row of any NHL stadium.. I found it right away and tweeted it at him

Old
06-24-2012, 06:07 AM
Krishna

Started watching The Killing last night.. 4 episodes in and its pretty good

Old
06-24-2012, 07:14 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Never buy a Samsung appliance. Had all brand new top of the line "highly rated" appliances installed in my house in March. Dryer doesn't dry unless you put it on "Heavy Duty" for "Extended Dry." Microwave doesn't heat things up. Refrigerator has been broken since day 1 despite numerous attempts at repair. Dishwasher sucks AND broke tonight and is filled with water. If I didn't just spend a stupid amount of money on these I would go spend the money to buy all new ones from GE. Ugh.

EDIT: Washing machine and Range are actually very nice though.

Old
06-25-2012, 01:05 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Started watching The Killing last night.. 4 episodes in and its pretty good

The Killing is awesome. I watched the first seasons. You'll never guess who killed Rosie Larsen.

Old
06-25-2012, 02:04 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
The Killing is awesome. I watched the first seasons. You'll never guess who killed Rosie Larsen.
Currently on the last episode of season 1..

So far it's been :
Bennett
Muhammad
The councilman
Belko
And those two boys

Old
06-25-2012, 02:28 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Currently on the last episode of season 1..

So far it's been :
Bennett
Muhammad
The councilman
Belko
And those two boys
They'll be more. The 2nd season gets crazy.

I saw ******* yesterday, randomly.
But seriously one of the most ridiculous Sundays of my life. First I woke up at 9:30 to go to brunch with a bunch of people at a bar. Drank like 8 mimosas. Hit on girls at like 12:20pm, then watched the gay parade. Then went to drink at my friend’s pool in their apartment. Met these girls at the pool. We all chilled together. A ridiculous amount of sex related things happened, (some girl had some dude go down on her, not at the pool but upstairs, one of our friends went on a date and said she needed sex so she was gonna **** her date, one of my friends wanted me to invite my friend Lisa cause he wanted sex, one of the girls wanted to invite her friend Monica to **** me, and some girl grabbed my buddies dick for no reason.)
Then at dinner one of the girls we were with showed everybody her *******, annnd my friend Nicole sexually harassed at least 5 girls yesterday, told everybody her bf doesn’t go down on her, and that she wanted to buy a vibrator. One of the other girls said to her, “I give you mine.”
All on a ****ing Sunday.

Old
06-25-2012, 05:08 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Dont know if anyone watches the Olympics, but a buddy of mine will be on tonight at 8, swimming the 100m. Known him for 13 years. Has the fastest 50 time in the country.

He will be swimming in the 9th slot.

Old
06-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Krishna

Quote:
They'll be more. The 2nd season gets crazy.

I saw ******* yesterday, randomly.
But seriously one of the most ridiculous Sundays of my life. First I woke up at 9:30 to go to brunch with a bunch of people at a bar. Drank like 8 mimosas. Hit on girls at like 12:20pm, then watched the gay parade. Then went to drink at my friend’s pool in their apartment. Met these girls at the pool. We all chilled together. A ridiculous amount of sex related things happened, (some girl had some dude go down on her, not at the pool but upstairs, one of our friends went on a date and said she needed sex so she was gonna **** her date, one of my friends wanted me to invite my friend Lisa cause he wanted sex, one of the girls wanted to invite her friend Monica to **** me, and some girl grabbed my buddies dick for no reason.)
Then at dinner one of the girls we were with showed everybody her *******, annnd my friend Nicole sexually harassed at least 5 girls yesterday, told everybody her bf doesn’t go down on her, and that she wanted to buy a vibrator. One of the other girls said to her, “I give you mine.”
All on a ****ing Sunday.
Just got done the last episode and I'll put this in spoilers as to not ruin it for anyone else..

They did a perfect job wrapping up the series (or season if they decide to extend it which I don't think they will). I didn't expect the killers to be Terry and Jamie. Those two did everything for the congressman and the larsen family. They did a pretty good job keeping those two in a good light throughout the show.

I wasn't sure about the Native American people with the ending. Did the chief know about the murder and was trying to cover it up? Or was she trying to protect her land and keep the cops from accessing her land to find anything else illegal? With the ending scene with the mayor and her, I believe it would be the latter one.

Another question I have is what did Stan do at Bennett's house when he was there with the ladder probably fixing something up? They never really explained it so i guess it didn't matter much to the plot.

You see them bringing it back for another season or more?

Old
06-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Prongo
Beer

Drunksksssss!!! On a monday night ohhh so much better! Work in the am ****!

Old
06-25-2012, 11:21 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Just got done the last episode and I'll put this in spoilers as to not ruin it for anyone else..

They did a perfect job wrapping up the series (or season if they decide to extend it which I don't think they will). I didn't expect the killers to be Terry and Jamie. Those two did everything for the congressman and the larsen family. They did a pretty good job keeping those two in a good light throughout the show.

I wasn't sure about the Native American people with the ending. Did the chief know about the murder and was trying to cover it up? Or was she trying to protect her land and keep the cops from accessing her land to find anything else illegal? With the ending scene with the mayor and her, I believe it would be the latter one.

Another question I have is what did Stan do at Bennett's house when he was there with the ladder probably fixing something up? They never really explained it so i guess it didn't matter much to the plot.

You see them bringing it back for another season or more?
So nobody has to read spoliers:

So basically this is what I thought. Stan used the ladder to fix a broken lightbulb on Bennett’s porch. Remember it was blinking on and off earlier, Stan replaced it for them. I also think Chief Jackson is just a ***** and we’ll probably see her again. I also think the new police chief they hired wasn’t trying to cover up the murder but more of got specific orders from whoever gave him the job to just “Close down the case now.” To just squash it as soon as possible so nothing would be found out. I doubt he knew who killed Rosie but I think he was participating in just shutting down the case to avoid anymore bad publicity.
I also think the show is coming back, remember they kept saying “season finally” and not “series finale”. The show is called the killing so it can be about whatever murder they want, doesn’t necessarily have to end with Rosie.

Old
06-26-2012, 04:22 AM
Krishna

Quote:
So nobody has to read spoliers:

So basically this is what I thought. Stan used the ladder to fix a broken lightbulb on Bennett’s porch. Remember it was blinking on and off earlier, Stan replaced it for them. I also think Chief Jackson is just a ***** and we’ll probably see her again. I also think the new police chief they hired wasn’t trying to cover up the murder but more of got specific orders from whoever gave him the job to just “Close down the case now.” To just squash it as soon as possible so nothing would be found out. I doubt he knew who killed Rosie but I think he was participating in just shutting down the case to avoid anymore bad publicity.
I also think the show is coming back, remember they kept saying “season finally” and not “series finale”. The show is called the killing so it can be about whatever murder they want, doesn’t necessarily have to end with Rosie.
Makes sense about the light.. And I agree about the police chief.. When he first got the job, he seemed to be in on it but as the season progressed, he was shown to be just following orders even if he didn't know what he was doing..

And I feel like the show was too good with the first two seasons that it would be a problem to replicate it as many people would probably figure out who the killer is pretty early on since they seem to give that person(s) a lot of on screen time

Now for other matters :
http://www.themusicnetwork.com/music...1mil-to-fight/

I wish I was rich enough to pay people a million dollars to fight

Old
06-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Krishna

Wow.. Some people are retarded

A person on ****** said that Shoshanna from Inglourious Basterds should have been cut from the movie because she wasn't really relevant to the plot.

SHE WAS THE MAIN ****ING CHARACTER :LAUGH:

I don't think a lot of people realize that Shoshanna was the one who escaped from Landa in the first scene

Old
06-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

For the love of god, Sheasrebellion if you are reading this, please stop posting trade proposals. For the love of god.

Old
06-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
For the love of god, Sheasrebellion if you are reading this, please stop posting trade proposals. For the love of god.

I love seeing his proposals

Old
06-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Krishna

Old
06-28-2012, 12:18 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:

Is it bad that I LOVE this *****.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Krishna

Leave for amsterdam tomorrow.. Should be fun.. But will be away for July 1st

Old
06-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Leave for amsterdam tomorrow.. Should be fun.. But will be away for July 1st
Ahh I'm sure you won't be worrying about it too much when you're over there though! Have a great ****ing time man. I would love to travel to Europe, so I want to know how it goes.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:26 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Tom Sestito getting really political on his twitter.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:13 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Put a bid in on a condo out here in Pittsburgh and got it! My first new home! Pretty stoked about it. Wahoo!

Closed Thread