HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pontus Aberg #37

Old
06-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
Alright I have some sour grapes about this pick. While he will probably be fine and turn out to be a Martin Erat, I think we really missed the boat on Kerdiles. Granted, the story of the Ducks drafting him (hometown) is a good one, but I wish we had moved up to nab this guy as I truly believe he has the will and the talent to really excel in the NHL.

Not that I am disappointed in Aberg, as I believe he will also be a good player, but I view a guy like Kerdiles as more of a need for this team. I think Kerdiles is more NHL ready than Aberg is.
To move up, you have to find a team willing to move down. 95% of the time, teams would prefer to keep their better pick. Every now and then, you'll get a Feaster or Snow who is targeting a sleeper, but this rarely happens. There was a thread on the main board a couple weeks ago about trading down, and it almost always turns out to be the wrong move. With all the great names left at the beginning of round 2, I highly doubt anyone was looking to give their picks away.

I do agree that Kerdiles was a great pick. I was hoping he'd fall to us as unlikely as it would have been.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I like it. It rewards speed and positioning more than being freakishly large. In fact, after watching the World Championships, I wouldn't mind seeing the wider ice over here. With the kind of speed and skill that NHL players possess (which is miles ahead of what you see in the European leagues), it could lead to some pretty wild games.

The more I see and hear about Aberg, the more I like him. Hopefully the Allsvenskan is good for his development. Djurgarden has him locked up for another two years, so that should dispel any temptation to bring him over early.
I think Nashville can bring him over if they want to? Or is that just an agreement between NHL and the SEL? Anyway really hope he'll stay. Most likely going to play together with Fredrik Bremberg, the same guy Hörnqvist played with.

If Djurgården gonna have a good season Åberg must play well, only real goalscorer we got on this team. And with good I mean finish top 3 so we have the chance to move up to SEL again

Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
Ugh I hate the bigger, intl ice.
love this ice but I doubt the league would move to it.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:41 AM
h22prelude93

Call me crazy, but I think you guys got the steal of the draft in this pick. Kid has amazing talent and speed(probably the fastest player in this draft)....you won't be disappointed.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote