HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The end of Mathieu Darche (turns down 2-way deal from Habs)

Old
06-27-2012, 10:22 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Prove what i said was wrong ,Take the time to show everyone I'm wrong .Fact is he is a great locker room guy and with the young guys...

Sorry , your just trying to add to you post count i think .
Don't waste my time .When i say something it is because I'm not makin it up .
Why would I take the time to refute borderline incoherent rambling from someone with a serious agenda in this discussion?

What is "good teammate" about someone being a healthy scratch and asking for a trade?

I'd say "don't waste my time" back to you, but I find the majority of your comments delightfully amusing for purely selfish reasons...so please continue wasting my time

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Why would I take the time to refute borderline incoherent rambling from someone with a serious agenda in this discussion?

What is "good teammate" about someone being a healthy scratch and asking for a trade?

I'd say "don't waste my time" back to you, but I find the majority of your comments delightfully amusing for purely selfish reasons...so please continue wasting my time

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2012/06...g-mike-knuble/
Quote:
The fact that Knuble has basically said he’d come and take a limited-minutes role and be more of a locker room leader and veteran presence (something that will come in handy with 20 years of leadership recently walking out the door and back to Sweden), makes him all the more attractive. This is going to be a no-nonsense, shut-up-and-do-my-job kind of guy who has been good for 20-30 goals a year for almost a decade, save for his trainwreck of a 2011-12 campaign.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/..._dc-sports-bog
Quote:
“Worked in #DMV for 28 years,” wrote Comcast SportsNet veteran producer Larry Duvall. “Mike Knuble is one of best athletes in any sport to interview for insight, clarity, honesty.” “The phrase ‘he’s a class guy’ doesn’t do justice to Mike Knuble,” CSN...

“The phrase ‘he’s a class guy’ doesn’t do justice to Mike Knuble,” CSN anchor Michael Jenkins wrote. “He’s an example for all athletes, not just hockey players.”

“Can’t overstate what a quality person (and player) Mike Knuble is,” wrote longtime Caps PR guy Nate Ewell. “Will be rooting for him wherever he ends up.”

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-27-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Habaneros wants Knuble, don't **** with him.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
In three seasons with the Capitals, Knuble had 59 goals and 52 assists in 220 regular-season games, most of them spent as a top-six forward. He also was a well-respected leader in the locker room.

Old
06-27-2012, 10:38 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Man this is a confusing thread.

Darche is a fantastic 13th forward in the NHL. Probably works like hell in practice, and doesn't look out of place at all when put in the line up.

It's funny how many people want Staubitz brought back but express such hatred for Darche. Does Staubitz play on the penalty kill? No. He goes out there for 7 minutes a night and maybe gets in a fight, or maybe doesn't.

Darche on the other hand can kill penalties, is a pretty capable player who doesn't make the players around him essentially be playing 4 on 5 and he seems like a great teammate.

I hope Darche works something out with the organization, but if not I have absolutely no doubt he can find a spot in the NHL.

Pretty pathetic, the people celebrating this guy (likely) not being back next year. Some people need to seriously look at themselves in the mirror and wonder at what point being a "fan" of the team turned into them celebrating because a minimum salary guy who worked his ass off to get to the NHL and actually turned into a decent 4th liner, is not going to be back with the team.
I agree! Wen you say he's a great 13th forward, I would go has far has to say he's the best 13th forward for the Habs and deserves a one way contract.
On the other hand guys like him are easy to replace in the depth chart. Not much leverage on his side.
Personally, I would offer Darch a 2 year deal at league minimum. Local boy playing his dream with his family around.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:39 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
35+ only counts to whether Darche retires, or leaves, or anything. Aside from death, a 35+ player signing a contract stays with the team whether he retires, takes a year off, goes to play in Europe, etc.
Wrong. This only applies to the second and later years of a multi-year contract. The idea is to encourage teams to give over-35 guys just one year deals.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Habaneros wants Knuble, don't **** with him.
which is fine,but he's a better option than Darche on 4 line ,net crasher.

I think Knuble at 1 million is money very well spent ,you get vetern exp , lock room leadership , and a guy who just found ways to score goals....and has had PP success in his career.

He's willing to take low pay and reduced mins,not expecting a top 6 spot .
He and his family is moving back to Michigan it say's, be close to home playing out of Mtl.

I sign him and bounce him between line 3 and 4 and use him on PP ...see what happens

Moen Eller Knuble line

Evgeny Artyukhin - "X" - Tootoo line

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-27-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old
06-27-2012, 10:42 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Why would you want Darche taking up a spot in Hamilton? I would prefer to see that space taken up by a young prospect who has a future.

Coaches on the payroll can teach young players all that they need to know in developing their skills.
There are things coaches can teach, and others which are taught by teammates.

Also, Darche is pretty darn high end as far as AHL players go.

The thing is, if our team is ONLY made of kids, it's not going to work. Also, we don't have 20 prospects with a NHL future, so for the spots you have to fill, the best thing to fill them up is with veterans that know the game well and that always give their all.

Add players like Darche down there, and you can think about the Calder cup. Just throw 20 kids with an inexperienced coach, and we're out of the playoffs. Frankly, I think you learn to play real hockey in the playoffs.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:44 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
35+ only counts to whether Darche retires, or leaves, or anything. Aside from death, a 35+ player signing a contract stays with the team whether he retires, takes a year off, goes to play in Europe, etc.
Wrong. This only applies to the second and later years of a multi-year contract. The idea is to encourage teams to give over-35 guys just one year deals.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
With the talent pool getting deeper and and the philosophy changing from Defence Defence Defence to playing hockey it was bound to happen sooner rather then later. He was a great fit as far as heart and soul but the most talented player.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:53 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
There are things coaches can teach, and others which are taught by teammates.

Also, Darche is pretty darn high end as far as AHL players go.

The thing is, if our team is ONLY made of kids, it's not going to work. Also, we don't have 20 prospects with a NHL future, so for the spots you have to fill, the best thing to fill them up is with veterans that know the game well and that always give their all.

Add players like Darche down there, and you can think about the Calder cup. Just throw 20 kids with an inexperienced coach, and we're out of the playoffs. Frankly, I think you learn to play real hockey in the playoffs.
Yeah I'm real excited about all of the young talent that will be in Hamilton next year...but looking forward to seeing waht wily veterans are brought in to help out.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Drunk World Order

Good Luck to him...I am happy with him moving on he was a useful role player but I would rather some grit and sandpaper on our 3rd and 4th lines!

Drunk World Order is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
As of now, the majority of people acknowledge that it might have been time for him to go. Most of them. I believe that, as I stated, that the ones who might have something against this move, are the ones who find, like me, a 2-way offer as not fair and would have probably prefered just a thanks but no thanks and hope you find a way to get your career going elsewhere. But as far as letting the hockey player go, the most ferocious separatist will have a tough time doing it. But we will have some. Yet, in this board, when Gaston Therrien says something, it's the whole RDS tv station that does it so I won't be surprised if I read that the "french medias" are all over this when it maybe just JC Lajoie and Réjean Tremblay who does....
Well I know there are sane voices in the French media and **** disturbers in the English (Jack Todd rivals almost any French journalist, minus the cultural pride overriding all factor but with the vindictive jackass quotient ramped up). To me, it wouldn't matter if Darche was offered a 2 way deal, no deal at all, traded to the LA Kings to help him be a winner or if he turned down a contract himself, there'd still be complaints the Habs made a grave mistake letting him leave. The ones who see it as sad when a local guy goes I don't mind.

We will always be drafting out of the Q and looking for Quebec born or French speaking players. Of course, we're expected to be perfect with this because some are still stuck in 1959 and think we can spot every great player in our backyard (after 1969 we had less chance for it due to the draft so promising young talent like Gilbert Perreault, Real Cloutier, Pierre Larouche, Mario Lemieux, Pierre Turgeon, Vinnie Lecavalier was out of our reach to draft). If the Habs don't find the great ones, they're vilified, distracting from issues where the team actually has been coming up short (player development of prospects, leadership, pro scouting, poor evaluations).

To these sorts, us missing out on Patrice Bergeron is a bigger reason for our sucking than any managerial decision or failure developing a once promising pick (but whining right away when a pick of ours is from somewhere like the USHL. When McDonaugh was taken, Timmins was mocked by many in the fanbase and media for his fascination with d-men and US high school and college kids and yet these very same people are likely now praising McDo and angry we traded him!)What I hate are the fans and media that are so biased and brainwashed by where a guy like Darche is from that they'd rather get rid of younger guys or a leader like Gionta or a Euro like Eller than ever see Darche go.

Those people do not deserve to talk hockey they're so uneducated and blinded by fanboy worship. Anglo Hab fans can be dumb too, though they base their ideas off of stuff unrelated to language often. It's nutbars who ruin it for the rest of us, whether Francophone or Anglophone. It's difficult to take living outside of Quebec because you just want to cheer and follow the team but get exposed to a bunch of societal stuff that can border on xenophobia or simply just powerful homegrown obsessions. When you don't live with that, it's confusing and irritating. But hey, in Toronto- where I live- there are the types who do the "more Ontario-grown content" too, ie. Cherry moaning about Burke's fascination with Americans and declining to add local GTA kids blah blah. It just doesn't have the same intensely proud rhetoric or political connotations.

Last edited by Hab-a-maniac: 06-28-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:01 AM
deandebean

Quote:

I hope everybody keeps in mind that our 13th and 14th forwards werent the reason Montreal was lousy. Until our new gm finds capable wingers for our top 6, and some help on the blue line size wise, this team will continue to suck. Darche is gone, but he should be the least of our problems.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
I hope everybody keeps in mind that our 13th and 14th forwards werent the reason Montreal was lousy. Until our new gm finds capable wingers for our top 6, and some help on the blue line size wise, this team will continue to suck. Darche is gone, but he should be the least of our problems.
Well part of the problem is that Darche, who I think is a mighty fine 13th or 14th forward and a good guy to have around, spent fragments of the season on the top 6.

What makes Darche a good depth player is he has enough uses that he can fill that role in emergencies, in fact he is a better scorer than the usual career AHLers who fit his profile and cost. That people are celebrating Darche walking like it's some sort of achievement miss the point that the reason Darche had that role to begin with was because of how awful our wing depth was last year.

Darche himself could easily be surpassed by a guy like Geoffrion, but Darche or no Darche doesn't change the reason his presence was an issue. When we have so many stone handed players that two coaches both figure giving Darche regularly PP time wasn't the craziest thing in the world, that's a problem.

Quote:
Mathieu Darche ‏@matdarche52
Wow, just confirmed what I thought about #habs fans! Thanks for your kind words and support. #greatestfans #tomorrowisanotherday

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:50 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
That is why they all got sent packing(Noky Blunden Darche)?No problem? Bergevin disagrees with you .
Never seen any of the first line sent packing did you?

There was a huge problem, it was call 4th line Soff.....4th line non NHL calibre.
Darche was a highlight of why we're last place.You want a AHL 4th line , ice a team with 5 undrafted players , yes no problems here is your 3rd over all pick,worse finish in how long? ......There is a reason Molson had to address the fans ,and said this is unacceptable standards for the Montreal Canadiens.

The old saying is nice guy's FINISH LAST?I expect the Habs this year to have a lot more bite ,a real NHL 4th line.

I said many time if Darche would have been played from day 1 as a 4th liner ,from day one stayed on the bottom lines, there likely be no back lash from fans ...When they put him on top lines and pp smart fans asked what the blank was goin on , then it turned into more full time , and mind blowing it became ...That was the problem ,when it's Darche over Cole, there's a huge freaking problem Huston .
A 4th liner /press box guy? ok .....don't shovel him down our throat on the top lines or pp,what that says to fans is we know it's broke ,but we don't care.

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-28-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old
06-28-2012, 02:33 AM
Punkeater

Quote:
It's the most bizarre logic I've ever seen. Because injuries and poor play caused the coaches at time to give him more minutes than he should have been getting he's an awful bottom line forward/13th forward and people are celebrating him leaving.

Staubitz is a fine guy to have, I frankly don't see the need for him at all. We've got some tough guys in the line up, and frankly I'd rather Montreal focused on letting other teams "goon" it up when they want, and let them take the penalties and get the power plays.

If a guy like Staubitz is in the line up, and 2 forwards go down can he provide the team with 13, 14 minutes in a pinch? No.

Now granted Darche isn't going to be anything special there either, but he won't look completely out of place either.

I look at teams like Vancouver, and Detroit...they don't have an enforcer in their line up ever. Sure Vancouver has added some bigger tougher guys, but so have the Habs.

Bourque isn't an enforcer, but with the right coaching and proper mindset he can be a guy who can go in there and let guys know that you won't be taking liberties with Pricey, or PK.

Same with White. And Moen.

I would way rather have a guy like Darche who is a damn good PK'er than a guy like Staubitz who might come in handy a few times a year but frankly will fare just as well as a guy like White or Moen, if the "need" ever comes to fight Lucic.

Again though, if the Habs elect not to bring back Darche I'm fine with it. I'm not gonna sit here and say they MUST sign him, and Bergevin is an idiot if he doesn't.

But to celebrate, or anything like that...it's just pathetic. People like that should seriously start taking sports a little less seriously. It's one thing to hate on a guy like Gomez, because of the way his presence on the team due to salary cap constraints has a negative effect on the team. Even in his case though, he was offered a contract and he signed it. But a guy who will make close to league minimum and who can give the team PK minutes...to celebrate him being gone? What the hell is the point.

Somewhere along the way in this 24/7 news media circus we live in I think a lot of fans have lost their way.
Spot on as always! Great post. I'm ok with replacing Darche but the guy doesn't deserves the hate at all. Always classy. I hope someone will pick him up and I wish him the best.

Punkeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:44 AM
Miller Time

Quote:

I look at teams like Vancouver, and Detroit...they don't have an enforcer in their line up ever. Sure Vancouver has added some bigger tougher guys, but so have the Habs.

Bourque isn't an enforcer, but with the right coaching and proper mindset he can be a guy who can go in there and let guys know that you won't be taking liberties with Pricey, or PK.

Same with White. And Moen.
agree with everything else you posted...

and again, i'm no fan of fighting or of having a "goon"... but i also think that the depth players on any given team have to complement the rest of the group.

Both Vancouver/Detroit had the kind of elite skill that made/makes it very difficult for opposing teams to risk icing marginal "goons"... either for fear of ending up playing man-down, or the simple reality that a Datsyuk or Sedin can quickly make a lesser player look stupid on the ice.

Gainey/Gauthier certainly believed that they could build a roster that would likewise combat thuggery with skill, problem was that the "skill" they assembled wasn't quite elite enough... and not by much (and arguably a healthy Markov would have been the difference), but nonetheless the result the past few seasons has been a roster too small/timid to "fight fire with fire" and not skilled enough to make opposition pay for taking liberties.

result? early playoff exits, and several incidences of our players taking excessive abuse with little or not repercussion to the opposition, which in itself further limited the effectiveness of our skilled guys.

is 1 player enough of a difference? I'd say arguably yes... if that one player does enough to give the skill guys a bit more confidence to play their game, and that in turn they "punish" opponents more effectively (on the scoreboard) when they get advantageous match-ups either when the thugs on the other side are in the penalty box or on the ice.

i'm simplifying, and of course it isn't a straight forward causal relationship, but I've been around enough similar situations to know that a little bit of extra confidence can go a long way, and feeling like someone has your back can have a disproportionately huge impact on confidence.

and about Bourque... don't get your hopes up. He's not at all the Moen/White "type", even if he has the physical size to do so. At 30, it's not a new coach that's going to change that about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Like someone said early, it would be a waste to have those guys in the pressbox most nights. Those guys are better goal playing with the Bulldogs.

Going into the season, our 4th line was suppose to be Moen-Betts/Noke-White with Darche being the 13 forward, and would have rarely played if it wast for all the injuries. Now if management would rather have someone else they feel might be better than I'm all for it. But Darche is fit perfect for that 13th forward role, a lot better then some of the young guys.
don't disagree as far as our recently drafted prospects go (last 2-3 years), but with Palushaj/Geoffrion, they were drafted 5-6 years ago, played several years of NCAA and significant amount of pro games... don't know that either have much more to learn/develop at AHL level, and would be equal/better solutions to Darche as the 13th fwd at this stage and would benefit from being with the big club on a regular training basis

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 05:12 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
That is why they all got sent packing(Noky Blunden Darche)?No problem? Bergevin disagrees with you .
Never seen any of the first line sent packing did you?

There was a huge problem, it was call 4th line Soff.....4th line non NHL calibre.
Darche was a highlight of why we're last place.You want a AHL 4th line , ice a team with 5 undrafted players , yes no problems here is your 3rd over all pick,worse finish in how long? ......There is a reason Molson had to address the fans ,and said this is unacceptable standards for the Montreal Canadiens.

The old saying is nice guy's FINISH LAST?I expect the Habs this year to have a lot more bite ,a real NHL 4th line.

I said many time if Darche would have been played from day 1 as a 4th liner ,from day one stayed on the bottom lines, there likely be no back lash from fans ...When they put him on top lines and pp smart fans asked what the blank was goin on , then it turned into more full time , and mind blowing it became ...That was the problem ,when it's Darche over Cole, there's a huge freaking problem Huston .
A 4th liner /press box guy? ok .....don't shovel him down our throat on the top lines or pp,what that says to fans is we know it's broke ,but we don't care.
This makes no sense. Start off by saying the problem was the 4th line and Darche was a highlight of the problem then (correctly) identify that Darche wasn't on the 4th line for large parts of the season.

The problem last season wasn't Darche being 12/13 forward, the problem was that we didn't have anywhere close to 12 forwards that were better than him. That problem was (a) not his fault and (b) not solved by getting rid of him.

Also, slightly laughable claiming that Bergevin 'agrees with you' as he 'sent Darche packing'. Whereas, if you actually read threads you posted in, you would find Bergevin actually offered Darche a contract for next year. The terms of that contract indicate that Bergevin actually agrees with everyone who's is saying darche would be a fine 13th/14th/mentor in Hamilton forward, depending how things pan out.

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 05:35 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Man this is a confusing thread.

Darche is a fantastic 13th forward in the NHL. Probably works like hell in practice, and doesn't look out of place at all when put in the line up.

It's funny how many people want Staubitz brought back but express such hatred for Darche. Does Staubitz play on the penalty kill? No. He goes out there for 7 minutes a night and maybe gets in a fight, or maybe doesn't.

Darche on the other hand can kill penalties, is a pretty capable player who doesn't make the players around him essentially be playing 4 on 5 and he seems like a great teammate.

I hope Darche works something out with the organization, but if not I have absolutely no doubt he can find a spot in the NHL.

Pretty pathetic, the people celebrating this guy (likely) not being back next year. Some people need to seriously look at themselves in the mirror and wonder at what point being a "fan" of the team turned into them celebrating because a minimum salary guy who worked his ass off to get to the NHL and actually turned into a decent 4th liner, is not going to be back with the team.
quoting this because it's so ****ing true...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:39 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Well I know there are sane voices in the French media and **** disturbers in the English (Jack Todd rivals almost any French journalist, minus the cultural pride overriding all factor but with the vindictive jackass quotient ramped up). To me, it wouldn't matter if Darche was offered a 2 way deal, no deal at all, traded to the LA Kings to help him be a winner or if he turned down a contract himself, there'd still be complaints the Habs made a grave mistake letting him leave. The ones who see it as sad when a local guy goes I don't mind.

We will always be drafting out of the Q and looking for Quebec born or French speaking players. Of course, we're expected to be perfect with this because some are still stuck in 1959 and think we can spot every great player in our backyard (after 1969 we had less chance for it due to the draft so promising young talent like Gilbert Perreault, Real Cloutier, Pierre Larouche, Mario Lemieux, Pierre Turgeon, Vinnie Lecavalier was out of our reach to draft). If the Habs don't find the great ones, they're vilified, distracting from issues where the team actually has been coming up short (player development of prospects, leadership, pro scouting, poor evaluations).

To these sorts, us missing out on Patrice Bergeron is a bigger reason for our sucking than any managerial decision or failure developing a once promising pick (but whining right away when a pick of ours is from somewhere like the USHL. When McDonaugh was taken, Timmins was mocked by many in the fanbase and media for his fascination with d-men and US high school and college kids and yet these very same people are likely now praising McDo and angry we traded him!)What I hate are the fans and media that are so biased and brainwashed by where a guy like Darche is from that they'd rather get rid of younger guys or a leader like Gionta or a Euro like Eller than ever see Darche go.

Those people do not deserve to talk hockey they're so uneducated and blinded by fanboy worship. Anglo Hab fans can be dumb too, though they base their ideas off of stuff unrelated to language often. It's nutbars who ruin it for the rest of us, whether Francophone or Anglophone. It's difficult to take living outside of Quebec because you just want to cheer and follow the team but get exposed to a bunch of societal stuff that can border on xenophobia or simply just powerful homegrown obsessions. When you don't live with that, it's confusing and irritating. But hey, in Toronto- where I live- there are the types who do the "more Ontario-grown content" too, ie. Cherry moaning about Burke's fascination with Americans and declining to add local GTA kids blah blah. It just doesn't have the same intensely proud rhetoric or political connotations.
Problem is that some in here hate message but kills the messengers. The hate for Darche mostly exists 'cause they see that "some" journalists will not like it and diss the organization for it. Though, again, should I repeat it, I've only heard JC Lajoie not liking it, as scheduled, J-C being more a language lover than a hockey lover. I didn't hear Réjean Tremblay or Bertrand Raymond on the subject from most of the others feel that it was even time to part ways without dissing Bergevin and Co. So why the hate towards a guy who was pretty good with us? Just like, why the hate towards a guy like Steve Bégin? Oh 'cause he took a high sticking penalty at the worst moment...okay but when he broke his teeth on the boards to give our team some momentum, it didn't count? Or when he decided to fight a goon to avenge a teamates knowing full well he'd be destroyed...that wasn't enough?

Unfortunately, some, are just unable to do the difference between the agenda that some journalists may have and the players themselves. And sorry, but that's just as worst.

And yes, most journalists hated the McDo pick and so on, of course they will, they know **** about the draft. But there is a truth at one point. In the past years, excluding this draft, we did pick 13 US born players compared to 4 Quebecers. We, for a long time, didn't feel the need to have 1 FULL SCOUT for the Q. And people will say, well that's because the Q was struggling....WHO CARES!!! You can struggle as much as you want but if you find that 1 gem, you can turn that franchise around. You believe in Giroux, and you change that franchise around despite the Q struggling. And now, in the upcoming years, the Q will NOT be struggling...are we ready? Shouldn't we have had guys in place way before so that when you scout the Q, you could also scout the lower leagues a little to see how the upcoming players improve? I see people in this board blaming the journalists 'cause they're asking for more Q born players...yet, didn't we hear the same demand from some people in Ontario towards the Leafs? Don't we see some kind of effort from the Oilers and Flames as far as the WHL is concerned? But then I will told that OF COURSE they do, 'cause THEY produce way more hockey players than we do to which I reply......see answer above. ON THE CONTRARY, everybody can scout the OHL and the WHL as the talent can be more obvious, as if, if you miss one, you might get the other and it won't be that bad. But when it's less apparent, maybe you should be more surrounded.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkeater View Post
Spot on as always! Great post. I'm ok with replacing Darche but the guy doesn't deserves the hate at all. Always classy. I hope someone will pick him up and I wish him the best.
Well tough cookie said the kitty, it's a day new in Habsland, no more of that weakling philosophy that UniverStalinGraduate professed. His post is pretty much an apology of what Gainey/Martin/Goat were about with Darche being the symbol of this.

You want to know why people have come to hate Darche? People should just read UniverStalinGraduate's post.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Well tough cookie said the kitty, it's a day new in Habsland, no more of that weakling philosophy that UniverStalinGraduate professed. His post is pretty much an apology of what Gainey/Martin/Goat were about with Darche being the symbol of this.

You want to know why people have come to hate Darche? People should just read UniverStalinGraduate's post.
These comments on Darche shows how little you rationalize and how serious you take this game. Darche being the symbol of the Gauthier era ? He was mismanaged due to injuries and poor depth, end of the story.

He would actually fit well on a stacked team needing some depth. I could see the Flyers or the Bruins giving him a contract.

And I like reading UniverStalinGraduate, he's somehow managing to make sense unlike a good bunch. Read : Habaneros.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:14 AM
MXD

It's pathetic to see that we have another Brisebois situation here...

But that most posters fails to realize this.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:54 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

lol

As of yesterday night, RDS was still putting the Habs logo next to Darche's name

RDS is in denial

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote